View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Science #13

3 13.64%
  • Dead at 17: The Blasphemy Throne #7 (Of 7)

0 0%
  • The Dying and the Dead #2

2 9.09%
  • EGOs #7

0 0%
  • God Hates Astronauts #7

2 9.09%
  • Graveyard Shift #4 (Of 4)

0 0%
  • IXth Generation #3

0 0%
  • The Li'l Depressed Boy: Supposed to be there too #4

1 4.55%
  • Nailbiter #11

3 13.64%
  • No Mercy #1

1 4.55%
  • Penny Dora and the Wishing Box #4 (Of 5)

0 0%
  • Southern Bastards #8

9 40.91%
  • Tales from the Con: Year Two

0 0%
  • Tech Jacket #9

1 4.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image comics poll week 14 - No Mercy, Tales of the Con and endings

Narrowly beating out the very modestly priced issue #188 of Invincible, last week gave us our first repeat winner of the year: The Autumnlands: Tooth and Claw #5! The anthropomorphic fantasy title also won the very first poll we had this year, back in week 4.

This week is one of endings and reprints, with Dead At 17: Blasphemy Throne ending as scheduled, as well as Graveyard Shift wrapping up. Meanwhile Image is releasing new printings of Bitch Planet #2 and #3, Descender #1, Empty #1 - presumably and indicator of those series being popular.

There's still some new things launching though, first up is Alex Decampi's No Mercy, together with Carla Speed McNeil and Jenn Manley Lee. It's about priviliged teens getting stranded in a hostile landscape. Secondly we get Tales of the Con Year Two, collecting this year's strips of Tales of the Con about comic conventions - timely, with Emerald City Comic Con having just been held.
    215178.jpg

CBR week 14 -2.jpg
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I already got the chance to read and review No Mercy #1......................................... no opinion.

Also, The Dying and the Dead #2 came out this week. Well I'm sure everyone remembers what happened last time after the first issue came out back in January, right?

But seriously, I'll post my thoughts/reviews/rankings later.

I've been waiting for this Southern Bastards issue for what feels like forever. Can't wait to get my hands on it tomorrow.

It looks like another thin week for me. No Mercy may be the only Image book on my list.

Ahh, boo, I though Luther Strode was returning this week. Looks like it is not till next week. Guess I'll have to actually read my Image stack before voting this week.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

It may be a slow week, but if GHA is there, I am happy.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

I guess it's just Southern Bastards and IXth Generation for me since Mercenary Sea is m.i.a

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Got to read Southern Bastards #8 for review purposes. No spoilers, but you are for sure going to want to read this. It'll be the best book from Image this week I bet.

Only book I got was Southern Bastards but that was stellar, a no-brainer vote for me.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Only read Southern Bastards so far, but it's going to be hard for anything to top that this week.

Incredible Member

Southern Bastards is just on a higher level than the other books on this list...the vote this week is easy.

I did enjoy The Dying and the Dead as well though.

Amazing Member

voted Nailbiter.. thats how to do a cliffhanger, for real.. .. also enjoyed Southern Bastards and God Hates Astronauts- which is only getting crazier.. mad stuff for people too old to grow up..
    I realized I have a hard time telling the female characters in Black Science apart, and that family relations stuff popping up at random intervals.. I dont Know.. when you are riding a flying whalerus across an alien planet.. what do you discuss. family relations?? still like the idea behind the series, but I am really losing enthusiasm..

Southern Bastards all the way.

Southern Bastards made picking this week easy. It seems to do that every week it comes out. If it ever releases on the same day as an issue of Lazarus, I think I'll have a conundrum.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Bought "Southern Bastards", "Dying and the Dead", and "Black Science". All were good stories, but Southern Bastards was phenomenal. It's easily my favorite Image book (along with East of West) being made right now.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli