View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Science #13

3 13.64%
  • Dead at 17: The Blasphemy Throne #7 (Of 7)

0 0%
  • The Dying and the Dead #2

2 9.09%
  • EGOs #7

0 0%
  • God Hates Astronauts #7

2 9.09%
  • Graveyard Shift #4 (Of 4)

0 0%
  • IXth Generation #3

0 0%
  • The Li'l Depressed Boy: Supposed to be there too #4

1 4.55%
  • Nailbiter #11

3 13.64%
  • No Mercy #1

1 4.55%
  • Penny Dora and the Wishing Box #4 (Of 5)

0 0%
  • Southern Bastards #8

9 40.91%
  • Tales from the Con: Year Two

0 0%
  • Tech Jacket #9

1 4.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'll join the overwhelming majority of Southern Bastards fans here. It was bad ass.

The Dying and the Dead #2, was so good, it made me wanna go back and read #1 again, with #2 in one sitting...

#imagebookoftheweek
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    The Dying and the Dead #2, was so good, it made me wanna go back and read #1 again, with #2 in one sitting...
    I actually did reread #1 right before reading #2 for the first time. I do that with most comics, though.. Rereading the most recent one beforehand provides a much more enjoyable experience. Especially with intentionally confusing series like this one or Morning Glories or any Grant Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I actually did reread #1 right before reading #2 for the first time. I do that with most comics, though.. Rereading the most recent one beforehand provides a much more enjoyable experience. Especially with intentionally confusing series like this one or Morning Glories or any Grant Morrison.
    Oh, I agree, although, I only do it sparingly, (depending on the book) I read way to many titles, to do that with them all...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    Oh, I agree, although, I only do it sparingly, (depending on the book) I read way to many titles, to do that with them all...
    I wish I had your memory banks, because the fact that I follow about 100 comics (including manga and webcomics) almost forces me to reread to refresh my memory. That's why I like the CBR threads where posters bother to type up in depth spoilers. If those are done well enough, I can read that instead of the issue itself and save some time.
    I've noticed that I'm better at remembering the details for the comics that lots of people here are also reading. The act of discussing the issues goes miles towards cementing its contents in my mind. I always remember what happened in the last Walking Dead ir Saga, but never The Fuse or Ghosted.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 04-05-2015 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I wish I had your memory banks, because the fact that I follow about 100 comics (including manga and webcomics) almost forces me to reread to refresh my memory. That's why I like the CBR threads where posters bother to type up in depth spoilers. If those are done well enough, I can read that instead of the issue itself and save some time.
    I've noticed that I'm better at remembering the details for the comics that lots of people here are also reading. The act of discussing the issues goes miles towards cementing its contents in my mind. I always remember what happened in the last Walking Dead ir Saga, but never The Fuse or Ghosted.
    I find it's a good metric as to how much I'm enjoying a book, and consequently, whether I should drop it or not. I make exceptions for certain books/authors who cram a lot of details into an issue, but for generic fluff superhero book #442, if I can't remember what happened last month, I probably didn't read it that carefully.