Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    Attachment 69562

I was thinking about the couple today, would you guys like to see it revisited? I started reading the xmen comics when this was going on so I would like them to take another crack at it. It seemed to work until they made her crazy and betray him
    I liked them together, especially since it seemed Bishop & Storm were gonna be platonic. The thought that he had to rein her in when plenty thought he was a bit out of control was interesting.

It was also interesting that Lucas & Charles were romantically linked to alien sisters. We never got a cosmic double date story!

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Bishop is featured on the cover of The Exterminated

I really hope this push means he's going to stick round the X-Men for the foreseeable. He's appearing everywhere.

He's everywhere! It's really great to see. Just hoping he has some meaningful interactions with the other team members cause Astonishing was lackluster.
    And he needs some new feats. I'm tired of him just shooting his gun at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    He's everywhere! It's really great to see. Just hoping he has some meaningful interactions with the other team members cause Astonishing was lackluster.
    And he needs some new feats. I'm tired of him just shooting his gun at everything.
    Yeah, I don't expect much from the side books like The Exterminated or that Spiderman crossover but I'm really hoping for some good character interactions in Uncanny. Yeah I'd like a phase of no gun Bishop, or maybe at least small gun Bishop, just so he can show his power off more.

Extraordinary Member

I am more than confident that Bishop will show up in the MCU. I've always believed he was a definitive member of the team.

From Uncanny #3

Hopefully they are setting Bishop up with these few appearances just to make him seem important, in an attempt to give weight to a possible surprise death. X-office has a looooong way to go before they can even get me to sniff at their books with their pitiful treatment of black male mutants.

Bishop is all over the previews. It seems so odd to see him being appear to have such a meaty showing after his fall from prominence a decade ago. Hope this does well to help him feel important again

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hopefully they are setting Bishop up with these few appearances just to make him seem important, in an attempt to give weight to a possible surprise death. X-office has a looooong way to go before they can even get me to sniff at their books with their pitiful treatment of black male mutants.
    It would be PFU if using him again was just to recycle the Bill Foster technique.

It was the horrible treatment of black male mutants that drove me away from the franchise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bishop is all over the previews. It seems so odd to see him being appear to have such a meaty showing after his fall from prominence a decade ago. Hope this does well to help him feel important again
    I am hoping the end game is to make Bishop a major player again.

He's frequently showing up with the heavies, which gives me hope that he'll continue to be more involved. I started reading X-Men in the 90's when Bishop was already an established character so he was always one of the big ones for me. He definitely brings a certain flavor to any team that you don't usually get with any other character.

Only two things that are problematic for me is his seeming reliance on guns and he has shown feats that developed him beyond the need for them. The second one is the inability for writers to voice an opinionated alpha male of color that doesn't neatly follow into hero worship of the triumvirate of Scott, Logan or Jean.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    He's frequently showing up with the heavies, which gives me hope that he'll continue to be more involved. I started reading X-Men in the 90's when Bishop was already an established character so he was always one of the big ones for me. He definitely brings a certain flavor to any team that you don't usually get with any other character.

Bishop has his <Bozhe moi!> face on the third panel.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Only two things that are problematic for me is his seeming reliance on guns and he has shown feats that developed him beyond the need for them. The second one is the inability for writers to voice an opinionated alpha male of color that doesn't neatly follow into hero worship of the triumvirate of Scott, Logan or Jean.
    Unfortunately, I think Bishop suffers being a product of the 90's and it's hard to move past those beginnings. Even leaving his ethnicity aside, being a new character in the age of giant angry men weilding giant angry guns lends to lazy typecasting. When you also factor in his race I'm just thankful no one ever thought it would be fun to put him on a skateboard. It's similar to how Jean being born in the early age of Marvel made it hard for her to shake the image of being the "fair maiden" of the X-Men in the minds of both the readers and even the writers. I really appreciated when Bishop's cool (as in composure) detective side became a more prominent part of his character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I really appreciated when Bishop's cool (as in composure) detective side became a more prominent part of his character.
    I also appreciated his conservative views on super-powered beings. Not every mutant should be a shout out loud SJW.