Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Only two things that are problematic for me is his seeming reliance on guns and he has shown feats that developed him beyond the need for them. The second one is the inability for writers to voice an opinionated alpha male of color that doesn't neatly follow into hero worship of the triumvirate of Scott, Logan or Jean.
    I wish he'd get his own series. maybe go off Earth for a while. Or go further back in time, to the 50s or 60s.

You know what could be a sick Bishop story? A maxi about him killing his past self (the one from the Cable series) while trying to save the future.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Only two things that are problematic for me is his seeming reliance on guns and he has shown feats that developed him beyond the need for them. The second one is the inability for writers to voice an opinionated alpha male of color that doesn't neatly follow into hero worship of the triumvirate of Scott, Logan or Jean.
    I agree on both accounts.

I think it would be cool if he carried duel pistol or a single one for times when he is out of power/energy. However, with Bishops ability to increase his physical abilities combine with his range blast powers, when he has energy stored, he should be able to get by easily without relying on them.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wish he'd get his own series. maybe go off Earth for a while. Or go further back in time, to the 50s or 60s.
    Hell, if it can be done for Black Panther why not give it a shot. Following your lead maybe he would be on Guardians of the Galaxy.

So from the cover of Iceman Bishop still has his dreads they just tied back a la Future or Young Thug haha I like it.

Do you guys feel that Iceman #1 is worth picking up if you are only really interested in Bishop?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Do you guys feel that Iceman #1 is worth picking up if you are only really interested in Bishop?
    No. He’s literally just support and the dialogue isn’t that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    No. He’s literally just support and the dialogue isn’t that great.
    Good look on that, saves me the few dollars for the book. I never was really crazy about Iceman and I think that Bishop could use a way different kind of narrative to be included in. Keep him in a high octane action book where he is in his element.

Good look on that, saves me the few dollars for the book. I never was really crazy about Iceman and I think that Bishop could use a way different kind of narrative to be included in. Keep him in a high octane action book where he is in his element.
    I bought it just for Bishop, wasn’t expecting much but the art really bothered me. He didn’t do much but better art would’ve made it better...

Extraordinary Member

Hell, if it can be done for Black Panther why not give it a shot. Following your lead maybe he would be on Guardians of the Galaxy.
    I thought after the first Civil War, Bishop should have branched out to non-mutant teams. He would have made a great fit with the Guardians.

BANNED

Question: what is the “lowest form” (for lack of a better phrase) of energy that Bishop has been shown to be able to absorb and utilize?

Like...energy beams and all that are usually fairly powerful, but he can’t absorb, say, basic sunlight (or can he?) and refocus that.

Hmmm...I'm not sure, but what comes to mind is when Magneto crashed Illyana's funeral in X-Men 304 he used his powers to both physically restrain all the X-Men and prevent them from using their powers to fight back. He could hold Bishop, but couldn't turn off his ability so while Magneto was grandstanding Bishop was passively absorbing the energy he was using against him. I don't think that qualifies as a "Low" form of energy absorption but it does imply that he can use energy that's both directly and indirectly effecting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Question: what is the “lowest form” (for lack of a better phrase) of energy that Bishop has been shown to be able to absorb and utilize?

Like...energy beams and all that are usually fairly powerful, but he can’t absorb, say, basic sunlight (or can he?) and refocus that.
    His powers have been hard to pin down over the years, but I do remember back in the day he was sitting out in a snowstorm and remembering how he and Shard were able to stay alive from the energy released from melting snow. Sometimes he can even absorb kinetic energy from a moving car. I think a case could be made for things like sunlight or wind, too.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I thought after the first Civil War, Bishop should have branched out to non-mutant teams. He would have made a great fit with the Guardians.
    This would actually get me to pick up the current version of GOTG. He would be a great fit for a team like that.

I think Sunlight would be to extreme of a power upgrade. If he did that he would just become a regular blast type character since his power source would be ever present.

Edit:

Does anyone remember the "Zap-Caps" from the Static Shock cartoon? I was just thinking that if Marvel did want to move Bishop away from using guns that something like that would be a interesting and cool alternative. He would not only have a "weapon" if he needed but he could also use the caps to give him energy to power him up.

Do you guys think that would be a happy medium for Bishop?
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 09-17-2018 at 04:00 PM.

He usually has some amount of energy stored just from absorbing ambient energy, so I'd say he does at least partially absorb sunlight and so forth. The one thing he's not supposed to be able to absorb is direct kinetic energy, but there are a few scattered examples of him doing so, mainly due to writers who didn't know anything about the character.