Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Crazy how Bishop & Synch got raw deals after Scott Lodbell left the books.

I did enjoy CC writing Bishop.

I really enjoyed the John Ostrander Bishop stories, too.
    Bishop got a raw deal after Hope came along. Before that he was fine. He had two solos, a few minis and was more pushed as a breakout character than anyone.

o

Crazy how Bishop & Synch got raw deals after Scott Lodbell left the books.

I did enjoy CC writing Bishop.

I really enjoyed the John Ostrander Bishop stories, too.
    Its one of the most uncomfortable thing I find about marvel, male non white characters especially from the "junior" teams tend to be either punching bags for the authors.
    Killed, depowerd, crippled (or if you are sunfire depowerd and crippled) at high rates at nearly throw away levels. So much so it became a trope Minority cannon fodder.

Makes you wonder whats going to happen to Luke Cage when Bendis leaves marvel. I Skipped civil war because I hated what happened to Night Thrasher and his crew.

I Actually enjoyed the latest rendition of Young Avengers but damned if I get attached to any of them, not fooling me again marvel. As much as I enjoyed Avengers Academy I called it with either Hazmat or Mettle (My two faves) I knew it would be one or the other. Writers are a bit more hesitant in refrigerating female characters these day, so its the guys the end up biting the bullet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Its one of the most uncomfortable thing I find about marvel, male non white characters especially from the "junior" teams tend to be either punching bags for the authors.
    Killed, depowerd, crippled (or if you are sunfire depowerd and crippled) at high rates at nearly throw away levels. So much so it became a trope Minority cannon fodder.

Makes you wonder whats going to happen to Luke Cage when Bendis leaves marvel. I Skipped civil war because I hated what happened to Night Thrasher and his crew.

I Actually enjoyed the latest rendition of Young Avengers but damned if I get attached to any of them, not fooling me again marvel. As much as I enjoyed Avengers Academy I called it with either Hazmat or Mettle (My two faves) I knew it would be one or the other. Writers are a bit more hesitant in refrigerating female characters these day, so its the guys the end up biting the bullet.
    The "black guy always die" cliché survived with comic book writers after the 1980s films.

It is really alarming how chronic it is with the X-Men books, since the writers have so freely used concepts from the black experience.

But then, I have not purchased an X-Men book in years.

I heard a rumor that Bishop may appear in Uncanny Avengers, but I will wait & see on that.

BANNED

X-men love for axing minorities especially of the male variety goes back to thunderbird

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    X-men love for axing minorities especially of the male variety goes back to thunderbird
    Damn, you are right about that.

BANNED

You ain't lyin. Tell the truth.

o

Yeah, that's a harsh truth, then they Killed his entire reservation, except warpath. The authorities never looked into that? Man X-comics are filled with unfortunate implications.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, that's a harsh truth, then they Killed his entire reservation, except warpath. The authorities never looked into that? Man X-comics are filled with unfortunate implications.
    Somewhere, the X-Men forgot they swore to protect the world, and not perpetuate humanity's mistrust of them.

Not to mention their over-indulgence with inner-fighting & soap opera.

Although I did not agree with Bishop's stance during the Civil War, I do admire him stepping out, and being involved.

Bishop was always about protecting. Writers need to get back to that with him.

Somewhere, the X-Men forgot they swore to protect the world, and not perpetuate humanity's mistrust of them.

Not to mention their over-indulgence with inner-fighting & soap opera.

Although I did not agree with Bishop's stance during the Civil War, I do admire him stepping out, and being involved.

Bishop was always about protecting. Writers need to get back to that with him.
    M genocidal mass murder is protecting? Hunting down contraction Camp escapees for bigoted thugs is protecting?

He was all about Protecting, but I wish they would try to redeem the character and return him to that, their attempt so far a weaker than hell. Even one of the old cliche's like it was a alternature universe dupe would help, or that he was mind controled from the CW until he came back recently? But they don't oven want to bother trying to redeem him.

BANNED

BjVv1OoIcAAVjmz.jpg
    Who wore it best?
    B serving Gary Coleman realness.

There is 2 men who can make the Jheri curl and a Bandanna look good, one in Laurence Fishburne as cowboy curtis, the other is Lucan Bishop (guitar twang)

BANNED

Typically I would cry foul on a comment like this thinking it was just a post to create something out of nothing, but it is sadly 100% correct. I think it gets overlooked because it isn't Marvel rampant, but in the X-universe it is undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    BjVv1OoIcAAVjmz.jpg
    Who wore it best?
    B serving Gary Coleman realness.
    OMG! This is awesome!!!

You think Bishop uses Soulglo?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    He was all about Protecting, but I wish they would try to redeem the character and return him to that, their attempt so far a weaker than hell. Even one of the old cliche's like it was a alternature universe dupe would help, or that he was mind controled from the CW until he came back recently? But they don't oven want to bother trying to redeem him.
    Bishop would need Geoff Johns style writer with Geoff Johns style clout pull that off.