Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Stephen Amell Joins "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2"

The "Arrow" star will reportedly play fan-favorite "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" ally Casey Jones in the 2016 live-action sequel.

Full article here.

Feck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oroku Saki. You have failed this city!
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

As much as I like Amell and the Ninja Turtles, I'm voting against this movie with my dollars. Megan Fox and 7 ft Ninja Turtles were bad enough the first time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Oroku Saki. You have failed this city!
    LOL

+10 char

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

Ah, crap. I love to support my favorite actors, especially ones that are good to their fans, but I refuse to watch anymore movies dealing with things from my childhood that are associated with Michael Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    As much as I like Amell and the Ninja Turtles, I'm voting against this movie with my dollars. Megan Fox and 7 ft Ninja Turtles were bad enough the first time.
    I thought I would hate it but I loved it. Were there things I hated? Sure. But the movie it's self is a lot of fun.

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Agreed.

10CHARS

All-New Member

I hope he applies to Octopus, Inc.

Firm Militant Judgement.. Moose100's Avatar

LOL who else would he play?
    U just mad cuz I'm stylin' on ya'
    Militant Anti-Villain
    I'm out here looking for revenge!!
    Spit Dat Kurt Vonnegut...
    The Ghost Militant...
    Black Panther on one shoulder Nighthawk on the other!!!
    Cognitive Dissonance Disseminator

Interesting choice I guess. I admit I don't have much a connection to Casey. I didn't grow up with any of the cartoons, and in fact my favorite (and one I watch regularly) is the 2012 version, where Casey in there is a teen.

So good for you 87ers. Me, I can't really care all that much.

Amell's improved on Arrow but this is still a Michael Bay movie. A polished turd is still a turd, and with Bay it's also an exploding turd.

Yea, this is a fantastic casting choice. That plus my undying love for anything Turtles will force me to see this in theaters. No matter how much I was disappointed in the first one. I just can't help it.

I do admit though, I'm rather curious how this Casey may turn out. The 2014 may be a bad movie, but as an "interpretation" of the Ninja Turtles, it still had some good ideas and interesting concepts, if you're willing to give leeway and be one of those smart folks who acknowledges the various other TMNT cartoons instead of those guys who are stuck in their own bubble thinking that the 1987 cartoon will always wins because they operate under that outdated and garbage thinking of "First Installment Always Wins".

BANNED

I can't imagine many turtles fans believe the 87 cartoon turtles are the best when the 1990 film is clearly the superior interpretation, but I do know the kind of fan you're talking about. They would be even more mistaken due to the 87 cartoon turtles not actually being the first turtles.

I'd say the 2014 movie had some cool moments but compared to the still really strong 1990 flick, it's almost like they had to try to make the recent film as boring & bland as it was. I mean, that first 90s film is still really great & I still love "Secret of the Ooze", too.