Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Batman Eternal, #52

This month in BATMAN ETERNAL: The epic Bat-story over a year in the making comes to a stunning end! Gotham City is in flames! Villains are running wild in the streets! Bat-tech has been corrupted! And the mastermind behind it all has put a knife in Batman's ribs! How will the Dark Knight put an end to this nightmare...and how will it shape the face of Gotham City to come?

Full article here.

11th-hour prediction: the issue will end with Gotham City being spirited away to Telos, where it will participate in the events of the Convergence.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    11th-hour prediction: the issue will end with Gotham City being spirited away to Telos, where it will participate in the events of the Convergence.
    Wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    It's almost a shame it didn't. Ten-eyes and his interdimensional portal set it up so perfectly in issue #20, what with all his predictive witterings on about blood and moons and totems being etched into flesh.

But nope, didn't happen. Though I guess he was/will be right about all of it, just not that it would all happen at the same time. Or in this particular title.
    Last edited by jules; 04-01-2015 at 04:26 AM.

Spectacular Member

I have really enjoyed this series. I haven't followed Batman regularly since Knightfall and it was nice to see all of the various members of the "Bat family" getting their chance to shine. I'm a couple issues behind but it's been a blast.

This issue was the perfect close to the best of the three weeklies. In a way it acts a bookend to the first chapter of New52 Batman with Snyder at the helm, with Endgame providing a bridge into chapter 2. I can't wait to read the whole thing in one go!

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    It's almost a shame it didn't. Ten-eyes and his interdimensional portal set it up so perfectly in issue #20, what with all his predictive witterings on about blood and moons and totems being etched into flesh.

But nope, didn't happen. Though I guess he was/will be right about all of it, just not that it would all happen at the same time. Or in this particular title.
    Maybe that's the extent to which it ties to Convergence? Just some forgettable ramblings of a nobody?

Amazing Member

I've loved this series, but this issue was really anti climactic for me
    Books I'm reading: Batman Eternal, Red Hood, Black Widow, Elektra, Loki Agent of Asgard, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Catwoman.........