Page 296 of 303 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 4544
    BANNED

Avengers #1 Sep 1963
    In this first landmark issue, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Ant Man and the Wasp form the Avengers in "The Coming of the Avengers!"
    Loki, having been previously captured by Thor, is being held prisoner at the Isle of Silence in Asgard;
    His physical form may be confined there, but by means of thought projection his disembodied self travels to Earth in search of revenge;
    He spots Thor in his human identity of Dr. Don Blake, but resists defeating him as it would be a hollow victory compared to defeating him as Thor;

After hours of searching, Loki happens across the Hulk and devises a wicked plan to entice Blake to transform into Thor;
    Hours later, newspapers print articles about the Hulk being on the rampage again and a manhunt begins;
    The Hulk's friend, Rick Jones, reads the article with disbelief and meets with
    members of the Teen Brigade in order to find help to track Hulk down to find the truth;
    They attempt to contact the Fantastic Four but Loki interferes with the radio signal, diverting it to Don Blake;
    He decides to transform into Thor to help the Teen Brigade;
    Unknown to Loki, the radio signal is also picked up by Ant-Man, the Wasp, and Iron Man, who also travel to assist;

Loki realises that the other heroes will only interfere with his plans and lures Thor away by creating a mental image of the Hulk;

Upon catching up with this fake "Hulk", Thor attacks and realises it isn't real, and immediately suspects Loki.
    He then returns to Asgard to face his brother.
    Meanwhile, Iron Man, Ant-Man and the Wasp track down the Hulk with the help of Ant-Man's ants.
    He is working at a circus pretending to be a robot called Mechano.
    They attempt to capture him by causing the ground below him to cave in, by dropping a steel cylinder onto him, and trying to catch him in a net.
    Hulk manages to escape the circus. Iron Man gives chase but the Hulk cripples his battery, and escapes while Iron Man repairs it.

Back in Asgard, Thor asks permission from Odin to meet Loki on the Isle of Silence to question him. Odin accepts but warns
    that he cannot interfere between the two brothers' quarrel. As Thor sets out across the Sea of Mist he is attacked by Loki's traps.
    First, he narrowly escapes tangle roots that threaten to drag him down into the depths. Next, a volcano erupts releasing volcanic
    gas globules capable of sapping the strength of any god. Thor manages to evade these by diving into the sea.
    On the island, Loki spots Thor's empty boat and wonders with disbelief if Thor has already been defeated.
    Suddenly, a giant water spout appears in front of him as Thor emerges from the sea to face him. He throws his hammer at Loki,
    only to have it deflected by a hastily-made ice shield. Loki calls upon a Rock Troll, which begins to drag Thor beneath the ground.
    At the last moment, Thor uses his hammer to summon lightning which dazzles the troll, causing it to relinquish his hold.
    Thor angrily swings his hammer at Loki, who has created multiple mental images of himself to confuse him.
    Thor counters this by spinning his hammer fast enough to blow all the figures away, revealing the true Loki.
    Soaking up the magnetic flow from the earth with his hammer, he captures Loki via magnetic attraction and takes him back to Earth to clear the Hulk's name.

On Earth, Iron Man, Ant-Man and the Wasp pursue the Hulk to an auto factory in Detroit.
    Thor appears with Loki to clear Hulk's name. Suddenly Loki makes himself radioactive forcing the heroes to retreat.

Luckily, Loki stands over a trapdoor and Ant-Man's ants trigger a switch, dropping him into a lead-lined tank.
    Upon celebrating their victory, Ant-Man and the Wasp point out how well they could work as a team, and that they should work together in future.
    The Wasp decides they should call themselves the Avengers, and everybody agrees.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Dick Ayers

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I didn't see Loki anywhere today in the books i read, but there was this bit of oddness in Jessica Jones of all places which.... feels suspiciously like Loki's involved.... (skipping a few pages because of image posting restrictions, but you get the idea)

Then later, Dani was purple. Like. That's weird, right? There was some serious Purple Man stuff going on here as well, so i am sure he is involved here as well, that's a given, even tho last we saw he was dead, so it may just be his memory that is lingering. But if Thor recognized that artifact, and said it could be used to 'summon trickster gods' that sets off all sorts of bells for me. I think it is not JUST Purple Man who is involved. I can see three scenarios here. Either Shulkie got that from Loki, somehow, or that IS Loki. handing out powers like candy again. for... reasons...

but we won't see the continuation of that until January, because of hos these digital exclusive books are released.
    With all the weirdness going on with Jen right now and the looming Hulk cataclysm as mentioned in my previous post, who knows if that's her or not. It kind of feels like Thor could easily be as wrong as Jen.

Then again, the telling the truth and then pretending it's a lie thing is very Loki right now.

Yeah, it's a little thing, it could very easily be that nothing comes of it, in regards to Loki. I get that I am kinda jumping to conclusions here, as I often do, and it doesn't always pay off. Still, I found it suspicious. Like why even have this magical trickster god summoning artifact if it has nothing to do with Dani's change? Why have it that Thor is the one who recognizes it if it's not Asgardian related specifically? I mean, Dr Strange appeared earlier in the issue, he could have identified a general magical artifact, Thor is only likely to know an Asgardian one specifically. Also it rang some bells because, earlier in the issue, it became pretty apparent that Thompson had read both Young Avengers (utterly unsurprising, given her work with Kate and now America, but still) and Cates' Dr Strange run, when she had the Sanctum Sanctorum's resident sleazy snakes make reference both to the fact that they were supposedly nice and reformed now (not so much, now that Loki isn't there to keep an eye on them, it turns out) and asked for 'breakfast meats' and I mean, there's only one character in the MU that says that, they, and Thompson, obviously got that from Loki. so if he does appear, I am reassured somewhat that she has done her homework, even tho Thor here laid on the thees and thous a bit thick. That we have to wait till January is frustrating, but it could also help make things line up, if Loki is the new Avengers member and we just assume this little scene takes place a bit in the future, after he has joined. It would give him easy access to She-Hulk and her current state when Hulked out, she'd be easy to trick. The question though, is why? But, thinking on it, i guess there is another option here. What if the artifact wasn't to trigger the transformation, but to prevent it? We do know Loki is more than likely working with some future knowledge here, so.... could maybe work there. and he gave it to She-Hulk or posed as her because he knew Luke and Jessica would never invite him or trust him if he just showed up. And Thor went and spoiled things when he took it away.

Preview for Asgardians of the Galaxy #2, heavy on Loki
    http://www.comicosity.com/preview-as...-the-galaxy-2/

It drops lots of possible little clues and hints, but nothing that paints a really clear picture of what is going on. Notable bits that jumped out at me:

- in the character roll call, "appears to be Kid Loki"
    - Kid Loki refers to himself as a "shadow" "figment" "fetch" of Angela's brother, and refers to the adult Loki as the "true" Loki.
    - It also clarifies the timeline, this is happening concurrently with Infinity Wars, not after.
    - which means it's not like our Loki got de-aged, or split in two upon exiting the Soul Gem, there really are two of them simultaneously.
    - when describing how he was responsible for the horn, he says "both in days past and days yet to come" ... wha? Also, more hints at time travel crazyness. Actually, more like straight out saying so.
    - says that he created the horn because of the War of the Realms, because the victor would be determined by their "capacity for awfulness"

Which is a lot for a few pages. Also, if he knows all this, if he remembers all this, then this can not be Kid Loki for real, it just can't. What it's sounding like is that, intentionally or not, Loki created a shade of himself, so he could be in two places at once? But this "Kid Loki" doesn't exactly seem to be on the same page as or Loki in some ways, and vice versa, so it may be another "Leah" situation like in young Avengers?

also, this variant cover is not exactly setting my mind at ease about "Kid Loki" being actually evil:

https://www.darksidecomics.com/conte....aDM5LSc7.dpbs

Especially since it is by Stephanie Hans, who drew numerous issues of JiM, so knows the real Kid Loki is a sweetheart.

Astonishing Member

It's confusing. He insists he's her brother (Loki), not the full grown version we know but a remnant of him broken away from him, who knows when, how or why. It reminds me of Ikol the magpie but not exactly, like a contingency plan set in motion activated by recent events. Could future Loki have done it, travel to the past manipulate circumstances to affect the present or Loki likely did this a while back and cast a spell on himself to forget because it doesn't sound like he's Kid Loki come back to life.

Well, i can understand him telling her he's her brother even if he's technically not. He's a liar, and that could be a lie that could get her to help him when she otherwise would not. Angela has worked with Loki before, so stands to reason she might do so again if she believed he really was her brother. But as long as this is coming from his mouth, a lot of the specifics are in doubt, really, because he might have motive to lie to Angela about what's going on about just about anything. Or he might be telling the truth. But he IS the literal god of lies, so....

BUT, I do think it's clear that our earlier feeling that wasn't really Kid Loki was correct, even if we aren't sure of the hows or whys. Clearly, this is not really Kid Loki, it's just not fitting at all. Glad we were correct about that. It was based on more of a feeling before, because he had said so little. More based on Angela's distrust towards him, and him just feeling... off... in that final page. We didn't really know what he knew or planned, or anything, and Bunn could have just written him out of character. But even if he's lying here about some things, i think it's pretty obvious from these new pages that ain't Kid Loki. So it's good that we were right about that (I think a lot of people outside the thread took it at face value) and I am glad it isn't really Kid Loki. I loved Kid Loki, but Gillen was right, bringing him back would pose too great a temptation for someone to turn him evil, mucking up the message of JiM.

However, if he's telling he truth, then this isn't some new reincarnation of Loki like we thought, but some kind of aspect of the current Loki? It might be a bit troubling, because he did feel kinda extra devious and like he might be up to something not good. And why would he choose to have this aspect wear the face of Kid Loki? But it could fit, his dialogue does fit with how current Loki speaks. I mean, he's done **** like this before, though not always intentionally. And it could explain how he seems to know so much about what is going on. Could also explain why the Destroyer's arm is missing, if Loki intentionally kept that part to himself so he could give it to Thor. It also explains how they have a fragment of the Bifrost, I mean, we know Loki was there, we saw him, he talked to Freyja, so he was definitely in the right place to snatch up both the Destroyer and a fragment of the bridge after Mangog destroyed Asgardia.

No matter what though, I do think the True Loki as "Kid" here referred to him needs to show up and sort this mess out. Maybe after Infinity Wars he will be freed up enough to do that.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-28-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

Loki's getting to that stage where even telling the truth is a lie because we cannot trust him. I think he's a part of our Loki but split (consciously or not) from a time unknown to us or even Loki, kind of like king Loki was but for whatever reason he chose to run around with Kid's face instead of his real face because he's got a separate mission apart from our Loki and thinks it's the best way to do so without meeting real resistance from people. I think what makes this jarring is that we now have two separate stories to follow two separate Lokis where previously multiple Lokis were confined to one story or used as a device to show his abilities. Only Loki can have doppelgangers running around the same universe at the same time. I don't know any characters with this ability but then I haven't read all of Marvel.

What's up with Thor's golden arm that he ends up with the Destroyer's one? Yes I believe Loki provided the part.

(Disclaimer: obviously I could be very wrong and this is an imposter pretending to be a part of our Loki and using Kid's image for nefarious reasons.)
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 09-28-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Yeah, because there is time travel involved, according to "Kid Loki" here, it's hard to say when the split occurred, but due to him using the Destroyer i think it is a safe bet it occurred after Asgardia was destroyed, it may be that he is linked to the Destroyer. But it could have happened an indeterminate amount of time in the future, and he's traveled back in time. Honestly it seems a bit much, him just kinda jumping back and forth in time, and to top it off splitting off an apparently completely autonomous portion of himself into this aspect appearing as Kid Loki. The last one, at least we know he's done similar before. But the time travel it just seems like too much. If he can jump through time that easily, it's too easy a handwave for nearly any problem. But, on the other hand, it could explain how he knows so much, though i would have preferred it was just memories from King Loki that he was acting on. I hope though, assuming he's even telling the truth about the time travel, that it is shown to at least be difficult so it's not always an option for him, or him using the Time Gem.

But what I think happened, in terms of behind the scenes, is that Loki was just spread too thin. He's in Thor, he's in Infinity Wars, he's in Avengers, he was a major part of Dr Strange for a while there, he shows up from time to time in Squirrel Girl and elsewhere. Sticking him on a team of Asgardians roaming the galaxy would be just too much, it wouldn't work with the other things. And yet, he's kind of important t the story being told. He's got that connection to Angela, and in myth, Naglfar is Loki's ship, so he kinda needs to be involved. But he's already at damn near Wolverine levels of being spread around. The logistics of adding another book for him just wouldn't make sense, arguably we already crossed that line, so there needed to be some kind of explanation for him appearing in yet another book, and him splitting himself in two was that explanation. I hope that once Infinity Wars and the War of the Realms are finished he gets pared down to maybe 2 books on a regular basis at once, max. Give him some focus, allow us inside his head again. If he sticks with Asgardians of the Galaxy, helping Angela find Sera, (but I hope in his 'prime' body rather than "Kid Loki" piloting he Destroyer.) fine, I'd be cool with that, brother and sister adventures could be fun. I'd also be cool with him sticking with the Avengers, or Thor alongside his brother, or Midnight Sons for more Dr Strange frenemy shenanigans, or a solo book. They could all be super cool, and that's the problem, because all of them at once would be too much. I mean, this is kinda cool as a fan of the character, there are other fans out there that would kill to have the "problem" of a character appearing too much, and I get we are actually really lucky in this regard. But it is a lot to absorb, and kind of prevents him having a nice, tight, character focused story, which is what I would prefer for him.

but yeah, you're right, previously when this has happened with him, where he has had 2 versions of himself running around, it always was contained to one book, and that there were two of him was an integral part of the story. Like in JiM and Agent of Asgard, though arguably you could include Leah in Young Avengers, even tho that wasn't him, he did create her. This just seems to be a way to spread him around more, mostly. but this does feel like a temporary situation, I mean they gotta find him out eventually, right? And after that happens, and War of the Realms and Infinity Wars wraps up, in theory he should be able to join Angela out in space for reals.

I dunno what may happen to Thor's golden arm, but in the future King Thor is using the Destroyer's arm, and it's the same arm that the Destroyer is missing, so I am sure it must be linked. When Asgardia was destroyed, the Destroyer was destroyed with it. So we have two likely options here. 1. Loki missed this part when collecting and repairing the rest, (and a fragment of the Bifrost) leaving Thor to get it later, somehow. Or 2. Loki got all of it, but intentionally left the arm off, because he knew his brother was missing an arm, and this would be much more durable than the simple Uru arms he had been using up until now. What's the Destroyer need 2 arms for when it can shoot death rays from it's face, right? One arm is good enough. I think Loki giving it to Thor would be the most satisfying resolution there. Especially since we can plainly see it's enchanted beyond what it would be if Thor had just picked it up and stuck it on his arm. Loki could do that, like maybe using some magic to shrink the arm down to a more appropriate size, and a few other enchantments (at minimum, it has an enchantment to fly into place with just a thought from Thor, maybe others as well) before giving it to Thor at a future date.

As for other characters with doppelgangers running around, well, it's actually not that uncommon... though usually it's not intentional, aside from one. Off the top of my head, Spider-Man's got a couple, they actually just did a story where he got split into two bodies, (one got all the power, the other got all the responsibility) even though it only lasted an arc. Captain America's got one now, with Stevil. Time travel shenanigans led to the duplicate O5 X-Men. And of course there is the closest one to what Loki is doing here, Multiple Man, where splitting off copies of himself is his whole deal, they are even completely autonomous. At times, Jaime has had dupes go rogue and turn against him, or just go off and live entire lives completely separate from the original. One had gone on to become a SHIELD agent, another a priest, and they had effectively become completely new people. And then when the option came up to re-absorb them, and it was kind of an overwriting Kid Loki situation in a way, since by re-absorbing these dupes that had gone on to live their own lives, Jaime would have effectively killed him... except it could also be seen as just an aspect of himself if you look at it a certain way. (he absorbed the SHIELD agent, allowed the priest to live his own life)

(that ended up a whole lot longer than i thought it would be)
    Last edited by Raye; 09-29-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

We know that Loki has accidentally created other pieces of himself before. We know he's been depressed and under a ton of stress, just like he was in Young Avengers. We also know that we've been seeing many different "types" of Lokis recently and that Loki can split himself into multiples if he wants.

We know that he knows that kidLoki is beloved and that people will trust him.

However, we also know that Angela probably would trust our current adult Loki more.

We know that our current Loki had a "kidLoki" conscious that would talk to him, though we speculated at the time that he might have been suffering a psychotic break from reality due to guilt.

We also know that Loki was captured by the Celestials. Heck, even the current Loki might just be a figment from a captured Loki.

Astonishing Member

Didn't King Loki jump through time several times before his final show down with AoA Loki. He's still Hela's father and I believe it's only through time travel that's possible. So it isn't out of the realm of possibilities for Loki. It's having two Loki's in separate stories that's different.I don't think Loki makes a habit of jumping in and out of time or even splitting himself (to this degree).

It could be because there's a need and he's gone to the extreme to stay ahead of the problem but even then, it hasn't been easy. Whatever Loki's up is probably a first for him after a millenia of being a straight up villain. He's not being entirely selfish and although his tactics leave much to be desired, as we suspect, they are for a good cause. I think just as @Raye feels he's spread too far bts, it's possible that also reflected in story (splitting off in two). Loki has too many balls up in the air and he's going to need help if he means to keep them up there.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 09-29-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post

We know that our current Loki had a "kidLoki" conscious that would talk to him, though we speculated at the time that he might have been suffering a psychotic break from reality due to guilt.
    And i still think that's what it was, it was just in his head. I mean, not like he did anything besides talk to Loki in Young Avengers. Most likely he's in this form simply so it is easier to tell which one is the 'real' one. But still, why Kid Loki rather than... I dunno, female form or something. (which is, after all, how Angela first met Loki) Probably just for the reaction it got of 'Kid Loki is back!' even though that wasn't actually the case. But it did get the book a bit of publicity. But it is a little weird if you think of it in-universe.

We also know that Loki was captured by the Celestials. Heck, even the current Loki might just be a figment from a captured Loki.
    I.... think that's a stretch. It seems like a really unnecessary twist that would serve no real purpose. Just because he's doing it in one place doesn't mean he's doing it everywhere. "Kid Loki" said right here that as this is occurring, Loki is doing his whole Infinity Wars thing, which is most likely the truth because that is easily verifiable. And as near as i can figure, Infinity Wars definitely takes place after Avengers opening arc, because the team is already assembled. So yeah i guess it may mean he's still a prisoner of the Celestials, but it's more likely he's simply already escaped at that point, if he has to escape at all. (which he may not have to, i have a hunch the Celestials have no intention whatsoever of keeping him imprisoned) I also think it wouldn't really make sense, because if that is the case, then he is apparently taking no action to, you know, break himself free. Why spend all his time running around the galaxy tracking down infinity gems and the nature of reality, or sending "Kid Loki" on a quest to stop Nebula and get the horn, if he kinda has more pressing matters to deal with? Surely he would be able to do a whole lot more if he was actually free, and getting Angela or someone to help free him would be the priority, so he could then be able to help her more fully.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Didn't King Loki jump through time several times before his final show down with AoA Loki. He's still Hela's father and I believe it's only through time travel that's possible. So it isn't out of the realm of possibilities for Loki. It's having two Loki's in separate stories that's different.I don't think Loki makes a habit of jumping in and out of time or even splitting himself (to this degree).

It could be because there's a need and he's gone to the extreme to stay ahead of the problem but even then, it hasn't been easy. Whatever Loki's up is probably a first for him after a millenia of being a straight up villain. He's not being entirely selfish and although his tactics leave much to be desired, as we suspect, they are for a good cause. I think just as @Raye feels he's spread too far bts, it's possible that also reflected in story (splitting off in two). Loki has too many balls up in the air and he's going to need help if he means to keep them up there.
    Well, I kinda just thought with King Loki, that he was a few thousand years older, and more powerful than our Loki, due to those extra years, so he could do more. The only other time we've seen Loki time travel, he had to get Hela's assistance to do so, it's not something present day Loki has ever really done with any sort of ease.

but yeah, I think the being spread too thin extends to in-universe, and I think a lot of this is him taking extreme and risky measures because he's trying to accomplish so much. (maybe TOO much?) I think that's why he's being drawn so ragged lately, he's got a LOT of plates spinning, some of them have literally the fate of the universe at stake if they fall, that's gotta take a toll.

I am also presuming this whole time travel and splitting himself in two thing is a difficult feat, not to be taken lightly, and that the "Kid Loki" projection, and any other projections he creates, are probably severely limited in what they can do. They likely can't do magic at all, which is likely another reason for using the Destroyer, and assembling a team, rather than just creating an illusion that doesn't look like him, or doing things alone. If he can project himself in several places at once on a whim, and the projections themselves have his full slate of magical powers, then, again, that's absurdly OP, especially if you slap time travel on top of that. Maintaining one projection that has no powers... ok, fine, that's reasonable.

I hope after these big events he's involved in wrap up a bit he gets a break to just have some fun adventures where he doesn't have to literally split himself in two just to accomplish everything that needs doing.

this happened tonight, very rough, but i like it, I think i will do something with it.

That damn staff, tho. Need to fix that. and think one of the horns needs to be moved so they are closer together, just a smidge, and so they are at the same tilt as the rest of his head, but can't decide which. will have a fresh look at it tomorrow.

Anyway, checked the previews for this week's books, and he is not in Squirrel Girl or Avengers, (though he may appear later in the issues) but he is in Infinity Wars

https://www.newsarama.com/42181-the-...review.html#s6

At least they explained why he beelined right for the X-Men. I guess if you need a telepath, that IS the place to go. And why he wanted to be in there. duplicate Infinity Gems. I wonder why Wolverine doesn't join his little team tho, once Loki, apparently, splits everyone apart. The others on the team are combos, Hulk and Ant-Man are warped, and Kang and Kamala are warped, and that accounts for 4 members of the team, but of the Emma/Wolverine warp, only Emma joins. I mean, yeah, I know, only 6 Infinity Gems to go around and obviously Loki wants one of them, but still.

also, unrelated to Loki, but it occurred to me that if Jean and Cyclops got warped, presumably into a female body, then the Emma-Cyclops-Jean-Wolverine mess gets resolved down to two people. so that's something. Except Cyke is dead so that's currently not possible.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-08-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I think it's that back horn that's the problem. Just maybe a tiny bit smaller? Tilted? Oh well, the glory of digital art means you don't have to figure it out with sticky notes! I really like the pose, though!

I imagine Logan doesn't join the team because he's trasported back to where he's hiding out.

Who would Jean be warped to? Not Storm...Kitty? Rachel?

One interesting thing that came about is that Apocalypse is back! I think...But his connection to the Celestials is being emphasized a lot.

Really, I feel as if some of my fears about Marvel's not having connected storylines was a little overblown. But it feels like everything connects to Thor in some way.

I made some tweaks after digging up the model sheet Dauterman made, (I was working from memory before, so naturally some details were off) fixed that damn staff, i think, and moved one of the horns as mentioned before. that kind of futzing is definitely one of the advantages of digital.

It is still quite rough, but now on-model, and done enough to do a finished drawing with... I just have to decide what kind of drawing that will be. I mean, I drew it, start to finish, on the computer, so just continuing there would be easy enough. but i am getting some new markers in a few days, so i could print it out and use it as the base sketch for that.... hm... would be backwards from how i normally do things, I usually do pencil sketch to computer.

I'd warp Jean to Carol Danvers, so you could call her Captain Marvel Girl.

I think the MU is connected, i mean, that is part of the reason for the retreats they do, (they had one just before NYCC, even) but I think they are a bit fuzzy on the details sometimes. which I can understand to an extent, but it does make it difficult to fit things all together. But yeah, things do seem to be coalescing around Thor, to an extent, I presume that will end once the new War of the Realms thing concludes, though. At least we now have a definite end point in line for that. I mean, don't get me wong, I am looking forward to it, it's jsut that we have been waiting for a resolution for SO LONG.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, that works better with the horns. OMG, turn it into a coloring page! That would be too fun LOL

Warping Jean to Carol would make too much sense and is something I very much desire now.

Aaron has been playing the long game. You know, I honestly feel like we need to blame Secret Wars for some of this. It's like Aaron thought he could play Hickman's long game but then made the mistake Hickman didn't: Hickman and Marvel didn't let the plan slip until near the end, whereas Aaron made it clear from a long time ago that he had some grand plan. And then there were all those smaller mysteries that drug on for too long.