Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke21 View Post
Exactly. The scene between them on the boat was brilliant. If they'd allowed that to run for a few minutes longer even, it could have really been a home run. And that's the case with a lot of scenes in the film. The scene where Loki "dies", if they'd allowed us to see Thor's grief for longer. The scene where Frigga dies, if they'd actually shown us Loki's grief. There's that behind the scenes footage of Loki literally screaming at the top of his lungs, which they inexplicably cut out of the film. There's just so much they could have allowed and let breathe, and it would have made the humor more bearable and made it feel more balanced. Like you said, it was like Marvel was afraid of it getting too dark. I'm fine with the Marvel films having a generally lighter tone. But their tendency to make everything tongue in cheek and wink at the audience like "isn't this so silly" all the time seems, to me at least, disrespectful to the characters and to those characters fans.

Look, I'm definitely willing to wait and see and I hope my concerns are all for naught. It's just from what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound promising. That's just from what I'm hearing. I could be totally wrong, and I hope I am.

As far as finding the Hulk smash scene funny or not, I just didn't. Yeah, I'm a Loki fan for sure and I was biased, but by the point in the film that that scene had happened, Loki had become the butt of almost every single joke, and it rendered him, essentially, an ineffectual villain. He went from being frighteningly competent and intelligent in the first Thor film to being a strategic moron in The Avengers. But that's another film and another discussion, lol. I hope Loki does get payback with the Hulk, but I just don't see that happening, to be honest.
that you didn't is fine, taste is subjective. But I was just saying that LOTS of people did find it funny. so saying it wasn't funny was only true for you. After the Avengers movie opened gifs of that were EVERYWHERE. It was also referenced in a lot of games and such. Lots of people liked that scene. In The Avengers Loki was the VILLAIN, and villains get beat up, it's just the way things go. it doesn't matter how likable or sympathetic the are, they still have to lose for the good guys to win. If you are a fan of a villain, you just have to accept that any wins they have are going to be minor and temporary, and they will lose in the end and probably get beaten up. The difference with Ragnarok is that Loki may not be the villain, he may be a co-protagonist with Thor, sort of like he was in Dark World. The set photos seem to support that. In which case, he will be allowed to have some more meaningful wins, because this time Loki doesn't need to lose in order for Thor and the others to win.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
You do realize that PLANET HULK had very little of Banner appearing in it, right? And that THOR: RAGNAROK is using a good portion of that storyline. While also stating numerous times that Hulk will be in the majority of the film, not Bruce Banner. Just because Ruffalo is done filming and motion cap, it doesn't mean Hulk's role will be small. In fact, most Hulk scenes are done without the need of motion capture and Ruffalo altogether.

For all we you know, Hulk's role is only second to Thor & Loki. We you're going against a world-ending threat, it's only logical that Thor & Loki would enlist the Hulk to aid them in smashing whatever it is that they'll be facing: Surtur, Hela, and TONS of army hordes of monsters, demons, etc.
Frankly, that's not reassuring. It is a Thor movie, not a Hulk movie. I don't mind them using it as a springboard for a Hulk movie to follow, I don't mind them having Hulk in the movie as Thor's friend but.... it's Thor's movie, and should be Thor focused, and them winning shouldn't be dependent on Hulk's presence. It's an entire realm full of gods, they don't need to enlist Hulk's help.