Page 48 of 303 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegeLoki View Post
    I know for a fact it was just Esad going off and doing his own thing and then having to correct it for print. There is this sketch, and then a single much more simple sketch for the face. The pointed ears things is a callback from some 70s comics. Occasionally Loki was shown with pointed ears during that time in his 'Asgardian' form.

Attachment 16476

Loki's jotun face is never really seen except for his child self in the pre-Siege Thor stuff. Plus Doctor Doom's failed clones. The only thing really known about his jotun form is he presumably has the forehead spirals. And possibly horns, if the clones are anything to go by.

Attachment 16477
    Esad
    I love his art...I wish I could meet him... but I'm too sick to travel...my mom does not allow it

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    the thought occurs: since the new thor killed the regent of jotunheim and destroyed laufey's bones; does this sort of foreshadow where loki might end up after the all-mother and odin officially throw him under the bus?
    that sounds interesting but I think odin will not give him back..Loki is his son..

the thought occurs: since the new thor killed the regent of jotunheim and destroyed laufey's bones; does this sort of foreshadow where loki might end up after the all-mother and odin officially throw him under the bus?
    Yes, as I said in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    considering the fact that the new thor killed the regent of jotunheim and destroyed laufey's bones before malekith could resurrect him; what are the chances loki's exile results in him taking the throne that is his birthright and joining the svartalfheim/muspielheim/jotunheim(/heven?) alliance that burns the thor franchise to the ground (again) for the ragnarok film (since ragnarok takes directly from thor's part of AoU)?
    Yes, that's what I think King Loki did. But AoA Loki will change the story and won't destroy Earth (we know he won't; Earth will still be there to be destroyed by the Incursions).

Extraordinary Member

I know for a fact it was just Esad going off and doing his own thing and then having to correct it for print. There is this sketch, and then a single much more simple sketch for the face. The pointed ears things is a callback from some 70s comics. Occasionally Loki was shown with pointed ears during that time in his 'Asgardian' form.

Attachment 16476

Loki's jotun face is never really seen except for his child self in the pre-Siege Thor stuff. Plus Doctor Doom's failed clones. The only thing really known about his jotun form is he presumably has the forehead spirals. And possibly horns, if the clones are anything to go by.

Attachment 16477
    The forehead spirals could be obscured by his hair and horn helmet. We've seen other illustrations where the spirals are still represented and/or present. Considering that they're a fairly new addition to Loki's Marvel history, having not been seen until the recent recon of his origins, it's rather odd that artists have jumped on them the way they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Right. One of two things is happening here:
    1 - They gave him more direction than just 'make him looks like this' and hand him a pic from Agent of Asgard. The missing tooth and broken horn are consistent with the most recent issue AND the cover for Tenth Realm #1, despite the fact that Loki came out of 10th Realm completely unscathed. (I suspect the secret originally was going to come out there, but then they decided to put it off, but the cover was already drawn) and so they told him to include those details.
    2 - Esad drew the image, and just included those details for no real reason and and are trying to make the story fit after the fact.

I lean towards 1, because the broken horn seems like a really weird detail to include for no reason, and the Tenth Realm cover predates this page by a few months. I mean, maybe they gave that cover as reference, but why would they give him THAT as reference if Loki wasn't intended to end up with the broken horn and stuff?

But yeah, neck down probably has no bearing on anything.
    It seems odd that Esad would include those details especially since he's an artists that seems to thrive on them. We'll never know what exactly was first mentioned in regards to Loki. It could have been that it was assumed that they would use Siege Loki since he's the more recognizable of the two, and then it happened that editors wanted AoA Loki because he's the current one, as well as to allude to future events.

What Tenth Realm cover are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    What Tenth Realm cover are you talking about?
    This one.

Thor__Loki_The_Tenth_Realm.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Now I remember. Yeah, I guess I just thought he was going to get beat up. Remember, this came out about the same time we had #5, where we learned about King Loki. Now that I think about it, Loki didn't get beat up in that arc, Thor did. Maybe it was a fake out? Or maybe they had planned to give Loki's secret during that arc, then realized it would work better for after Axis?

Yep, that's the one. I was in a bit of a rush earlier, didn't have time to look for it. I just find it a little odd that not only is he beat up there, he is beat up in the exact same way as happened in the latest issue, torn sleeve aside. It just says to me that they have had an idea in their minds for quite some time now about what Loki would look like in the near future, after his secret was out, and are sticking to it. Now, I will grant that the ears may have just been a weird quirk of Esad's drawing, but if I am right about him getting his Jotun on in issue 13, it could still fit, since Russel Dauterman is drawing the giants with pointed ears.

Still not sure Odin will 'throw him under the bus' even though I think Freyja will. I think Odin will be on Loki's side.

But it is possible Loki could end up in Utgard/Jotunheim. Al Ewing DID say that Loki would be spending some time traveling the realms, so... I'd like to think it's all a trick though, that he is trying to take down Malekith's plans from the inside, if he does end up taking Laufey's place as king of the giants.

.... oh. King Loki... it doesn't refer to Asgard, it refers to Jotunheim. (maybe)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    that sounds interesting but I think odin will not give him back..Loki is his son..
    unless he sends loki... as his agent. he is the only one other than Cul who malekith and surtur would believe; and odin's not that forgiving.

unless he sends loki... as his agent. he is the only one other than Cul who malekith and surtur would believe; and odin's not that forgiving.
    Game of thrones indeed.

Right. While I do think Odin will side with Loki, I don't think he would let Loki off the hook entirely, but that doesn't mean he is necessarily going to punish Loki with imprisonment or torture or whatever. Odin has been known to make Loki do things to fix situations in the past... it's a pretty common thing, actually. Though usually the situations he fixes are things Loki himself is responsible for. But since he can't 'fix' the death of Kid Loki, this could be the next best thing, just something to help Asgard and prove himself. Although, I am kinda getting the feeling this is something Loki undertakes by himself, and may not have the best of intentions to start.

Extraordinary Member

But the problem is his inability to lie. If they asked, he would have to say that he was working for Odin. Honestly, I'm so excited to see how Ewing does this no lying thing. Think about all the little lies we tell in our every day lives. How would it be not to live with them?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

.... oh. King Loki... it doesn't refer to Asgard, it refers to Jotunheim. (maybe)
    Oh, I thought he ruled Midgard until it was destroyed. Remember how he said (of Midgard) "'Twas governed most perfectly, my lady. By my reckoning."

Quote Originally Posted by Ryochan View Post
    Oh, I thought he ruled Midgard until it was destroyed. Remember how he said (of Midgard) "'Twas governed most perfectly, my lady. By my reckoning."
    But that doesn't actually say he was the ruler, does it? Nothing in that actually says he was the ruler of Midgard, just that he thought whoever did rule it did a great job. He MIGHT have been referring to himself, but maybe not. It's tricky wording, meant to make you think something by giving you just enough (that line plus the fact that he introduced himself as 'king') to make an assumption.

And uh, I mean Midgard, not Asgard. Typo.
    Last edited by Raye; 01-26-2015 at 04:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But the problem is his inability to lie. If they asked, he would have to say that he was working for Odin. Honestly, I'm so excited to see how Ewing does this no lying thing. Think about all the little lies we tell in our every day lives. How would it be not to live with them?
    on the one hand, i imagine odinforce trumps truth wave; on the other hand, maybe odin and loki (or just odin, cause he's a bad dad) take a page out of siege!loki's book and leave a little something in an exiled loki's mind to get around that?

New art from Loki #11 thanks to Lee:
    tumblr_nisyh0lZUS1sj4furo1_540.jpg