Page 198 of 303 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 4544

I drew this today while watching TV, cus Loki in a waistcoat is sexy. I liked it, you know, for a sketch. I made his hair a bit long, to make up for the loss of Thor's hair. I like guys with long hair, so sad about Thor's hair. he loses an arm and I'm like 'enh, whatever' lose his hair and I'm like 'noooooo!'

Last edited by Raye; 06-28-2016 at 05:18 PM.

That's kinda great. I like Loki with a elegant pretty look.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I drew this today while watching TV, cus Loki in a waistcoat is sexy. I liked it, you know, for a sketch. I made his hair a bit long, to make up for the loss of Thor's hair. I like guys with long hair, so sad about Thor's hair. he loses an arm and I'm like 'enh, whatever' lose his hair and I'm like 'noooooo!'
    He's so gorgeous!

Yeah, I really don't get Thor's new look, it's so...pedestrian.

Thank you I dunno, may colour this one as well, maybe with a big American flag as a background, or something. But should probably finish that other one, first.

And yeah, I don't like Thor's new look, but it will still be nice to have him back!

He looks great!, you said it is a sketch but it looks very good and clean

And yes... Thorīs hair is a tragedy (and the shirt too) ...well he can still had a ponytail, but it would be too ...Ultimate idk... the axe doesnīt look like Jarnbjorn but itīs way bigger than the ultimate hammer.

Looks like the full preview for issue 2 is out there now. I'm... much more fond of the art this issue. It just seems to really fit well with the political themes.

...Y'know, with the solicit stressing that the cultist rumor is (all caps) HORRIBLE isn't it possible that it really... isn't? It doesn't matter if some of his supporters actually are cultists, because anyone who's not would probably get get terribly angry at the accusations, and that would motivate them even more to loudly justify to the world how Loki is a Totally Legitimate Candidate.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr4conianlaw View Post
    Looks like the full preview for issue 2 is out there now. I'm... much more fond of the art this issue. It just seems to really fit well with the political themes.

...Y'know, with the solicit stressing that the cultist rumor is (all caps) HORRIBLE isn't it possible that it really... isn't? It doesn't matter if some of his supporters actually are cultists, because anyone who's not would probably get get terribly angry at the accusations, and that would motivate them even more to loudly justify to the world how Loki is a Totally Legitimate Candidate.
    Nice preview, looks amusing. I give the website I saw it on a net -5 points, however, for seemly defaulting to the position that he's evil. Obviously, he's up to something, and he's likely going to lie his ass off, but I don't think his intent is necessarily as malicious as everyone seems to be assuming. I'd say lying to win the presidency is bad, except for I can't say that and keep a straight face.

As for the cult, you have a point that I hadn't considered. From the preview, it seems that the idea might be inspired by his opponents, but I could see him encouraging rumors to make those opponents seem like crazy conspiracy theorists (the fact that America's Republican candidate is a crazy conspiracy theorist is sad).

link for the curious: http://www.craveonline.com/entertain...ew-vote-loki-2

Yeah, I definitely prefer this artist, though as far as i can tell it's just this one issue. oh well.

And I do really hope he's not up to anything as bad as most (both in the comic and in real life) assume, but some of the early interviews helped put me at ease there. i mean yeah, he's lying, obviously. But not like that's unusual in politics.

Amazing Member

Well just read it and I can say is wow . The art is a big improvement in my opinion he actually looks like the Loki we all love.

I'm actually enjoying the play by play between the reporter Loki how she tries to nail him and he turns it back on her not to mention how even Thor admits that Loki is a gifted speaker .
    I just love the comment on how everybody read the head line instead of reading the whole article .
    Sounds like what goes on today seeing a headline and jumping on it without reading the meat of it . I'm really hope in he pulls it off and becomes president , Just think of the stories that could be told .

Fantastic Member

I was actually so-so on the art. In a few places, I thought it made him look really old with how the lines around his mouth were drawn. I liked some of the farther away shots.

I was actually expecting Thor to jump in and wail on him instead of approaching it with more thought. Kinda wonder why they haven't brought up the fact he stabbed his mother, guess it would probably be hard to prove (and Thor's not welcome in Asgard). His response to the allegations of a cult was actually one I had considered. Does it count as a cult if your claim is actually legitimate? Lol. I still can't quite shake the feeling that it ended up being rushed or something, for instance I was expecting Sam Wilson to be involved more. But maybe I'm just seeing things that aren't there because of meta-knowledge

Still not sure Marvel would make him president, I would honestly be surprised if they went through with it. Would make much more sense, imo, if he were still a villain. Would create a nice amount of conflict. If he actually tries to do a semi-decent job and doesn't go power-mad, however, he could probably fix a lot of the issues that we've seen in Washington in the comics. Either that or he isn't able to (and comes off looking completely ineffective) or somehow messes it up (and comes off looking ineffective/evil depending on circumstances). In my opinion, a corrupt powerbase in Washington, or alternatively a secret cabal w/e pulling the strings behind the scenes, creates too much conflict for too many heroes to get rid of it. A good writer could probably figure out ways around this, but this change wouldn't just affect one writer. While the heroes could fight him, having that drag on for a while makes one or more sides look bad (Loki, if he's willing to redo Siege rather than step down, the heroes if they involve themselves in politics via brute force for the reasons Thor had). Honestly, I think having him be president could make for a great storyline if he were still a villain. But having everyone have to figure out political ways to bring him down only to find out that actually, he's not that bad just seems like a waste of time. And I both think the evidence points to them not making him a villain again and I hope they don't, so...

I find the series interesting, but since we are distanced from Loki himself, I'm not enjoying it as much as I had hoped. I want him, not this Nisa character, you know? I understand that they want to keep his motivations a secret and so keeping her as a barrier between us and him is a means to that end, but still. Also, I think it definitely is moving too fast, they didn't give it enough issues to really get into things, like, we don't know the first thing about the other candidates.

As for Thor.... I dunno. Was it really her? Loki WANTED her to find that cult meeting, hence the office being unlocked. Did you notice Thor was missing something quite important? She doesn't have Mjolnir. Not in her hand, not at her belt. I think maybe 'Thor' was Loki under an illusion, and the outrage over the article was just an act to get in the door. Loki has been manipulating Nisa from the start to get the story he wants published in the Daily Bugle, (or at least the headline he wants with a phone call to her editor) there is no reason to think this is any different. He needs followers for some reason, both this and that issue of Thor where he asked Dario for a church points to that. WHY, i dunno, but he needs them. so Nisa writing an article about that and him responding in the way he did helped towards that end. And what he said is true, but could backfire next issue. The US allows for freedom of religion, this is true. People following (or being in this case) a Norse god is in no way against the rules and should in no way bar someone from running for office. Someone could be a member of the Church of Satan and it would be completely legal for them to run. (and honestly, i think I would like that, they're actually pretty good folks for the most part) They wouldn't win, but that has to do with the voters, not the laws. Most politicians know they have to try to prove they are Christian in order to have any chance of winning, and I am sure some have lied about that. Bernie Sanders if he had gotten the nomination would have been a HUGE shakeup in that regard, since he is Jewish. BUT, the constitution also specifies that there should be a separation between church and state, which this is clearly in violation of, especially if he should actually get elected. But again, Christianity is currently given preferential treatment in a lot of ways even though it's against the rules, (though this is getting better) so he could turn that around on them.

btw. incase anyone is curious, the runes are meaningless. I figured it would most likely be the same font/cypher as in Young Avengers, and was correct. But all they say is 'magical chants' over and over.
    Last edited by Raye; 07-07-2016 at 03:43 AM.

Astonishing Member

This book has so much potential, too bad it has two drawbacks. The first being the fact that it's not in Loki's POV. This only works for keeping much of his motives and intentions hidden but it also makes Loki less accessible. He's not the kind of character I want to see through someone else's eyes. And the other problem is that it's so bloody short. Four books is just not enough to tell the full story. There clearly is a connection between Loki's request with Dario and what's happening with his followers in this book. Is this something that's going to be dropped after #4 or are they building towards something more significant whether or not he wins the elections, and can Aaron expound on it in his Thor book which is largely Jane's story if this book ends with #4? I'm not convinced Loki'll win but the cover with the flag and eagle says he probably does. I just wish we knew where this was all going.

There is also the rumored Odinson book to consider, it may not be a solo at all, it may be that teamup we have all been hoping for. (though I don't think either Thor would be too keen on the idea of a teamup at this moment, but you never know.) or Loki could get another book. Going back to Mighty Thor isn't the only option for the aftermath of this. But, given that he asked Dario for the church in Mighty Thor, the ultimate payoff for at least that aspect of the story will probably be in there. And the 'Lords of Midgard' arc may be long enough that this could tie into the resolution. But we were told that this was originally a pitch by Tom King, not Jason Aaron, so there is probably more to it than just setting up a plot point in Mighty Thor.

A bit late this times.
    I like the writing of the series and I prefer the art of this issue (even if the faces are a bit hit or miss sometimes), the thing is that even if I would have prefer to see Lokiīs PoV instead of Nisaīs it didnīt bother me because itīs just for a 4 part miniseries but on the other hand... itīs just a 4 issues miniseries! too short for a concept with a lot of potencial thatīs why everythinf feels rushed and honestly I donīt know how could they organize the story better in 4 issues at least not until it is finnished and we see if he win and what are his reasons for do all that.
    Anyway, whatīs up with Jane?... mmmmm, add me to the list of people that donīt think that it was actually jane.

Well, now that theyīve announced the new "Unworthy Thor" series (Yes!!!) the main story will be splitte and given that Aaron is writing both there will be more chance of see Loki in any of the two, in TMT probably we wonīt see him a lot in the Lords of Midgard arc if he lose, but even with that I doubt a lot that his relation with Dario had ended with the army of Hulks and with his brother... given that he noticed what happened with Freyja probably heīll try to find Loki.

Yeah, the premise had such promise, but 4 issues just isn't enough to do anything really interesting with it, imo. Not enough space to really delve into the other candidates, the issues, why Loki's gotten so popular, etc. Kind of a shame. But hopefully it's just to set the stage for whatever is to come next. They've been announcing some new series today, but nothing with him so far. but really, they kinda can't announce anything involving him without spoiling the ending.

It kind of saddens me that if Loki does appear in the new Thor book, it will be because Thor is furious with him over what happened with Freyja. I know we all think Loki had some goodish motivations for that, but I don't think Thor will know that, or care to hear Loki trying to explain. I don't really care if Jane hates Loki, but after all this time, and Loki is trying to turn over a new leaf, to see his brother who has ALWAYS given him more chances than he probably deserved to finally stop giving him the benefit of the doubt when Loki finally actually deserves it is just sad. Which, I mean, could be interesting to read, but still.