Page 207 of 303 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4544
    Astonishing Member

I fail to understand how Ragnarok can be adapted as a comedy. It's basically the end of the world and they want to make it funny, like really? I hope this is a gross exaggeration because I need every aspect of this movie to be brilliant and not have Tom Hiddleston save it like he did The Dark World.

Quote Originally Posted by Rc1ca View Post
    I think that when he unscrambled the codicil he triggered an imprint of Loki left behind when the contract was written . After all Loki has showed he can do stuff like that , it was how Ikol should up in JIM .

Therefore the next chapter might have the newer Loki , who may not have any memory of it. This was showen in the squirrel girl issue which gives us Loki with a cat head . Loki himself said his plan with the world tree squirrel was one his previous iteration and there are probably a lot more of old loki's mischief left to pester are currant Loki

Using this idea would let marvel have there current Loki as well as an old style one who does evil . As to why he might want land is probably too build his church as mentioned in TMT
    that would be cool, but I'm pretty sure Chalmers here was active before the contract was read... unless.... THAT Chalmers was resent-Loki and the newly released Loki is a new one... but i mean, then it's kinda just Agent of Asgard again. I don't really want them to just keep rehashing 'Loki has to fight himself!' thing ad infintitum.

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    First time on the thread, so let me state that although I've predominantly been and am a Fantastic Four aficionado, I have always liked Thor, Loki, and Asgard quite a bit as well. Love, love, LOVE the first two movies (yes, even The Dark World) and they fight constantly with Guardians Of The Galaxy and Ant-Man for my top MCU favorites. That said, I am not feeling it for Thor: Ragnarok based on what I've seen and read thus far. I can't say I am keen on them looking to make it a What We Do In The Shadows-esque comedy between getting the director/writer/producer/star of that movie as the director of Ragnarok and the "What Thor was doing during the Civil War." snippet that recently made the rounds. The snippet was alright, but I can't say it was the funniest thing I've ever seen. I hope Tom Hiddleston/Loki will be in the movie, because if Ragnarok is going to be an all-out comedy, Hiddleston's Loki may very well be what saves it.

I am also super disappointed that Enchantress will not be a featured villain(ess) in Ragnarok, but that's another discussion...
    I am sure the director is capable of doing more than making just the same movie over and over, and that the Team Thor short (which I thought was pretty funny) was in no way meant to be indicative of what the actual movie would be like, it was just a fun little gag thing they did. It does seem like they are going for someting funnier, and yeah, given the whole 'Ragnarok' story usually being a more serious affair that does seem odd. But I think it's best to reserve judgement until we see more. People may have been mistaken about the tone they're going for, or it may make perfect sense in context... who knows.

Spectacular Member

First time on the thread, so let me state that although I've predominantly been and am a Fantastic Four aficionado, I have always liked Thor, Loki, and Asgard quite a bit as well. Love, love, LOVE the first two movies (yes, even The Dark World) and they fight constantly with Guardians Of The Galaxy and Ant-Man for my top MCU favorites. That said, I am not feeling it for Thor: Ragnarok based on what I've seen and read thus far. I can't say I am keen on them looking to make it a What We Do In The Shadows-esque comedy between getting the director/writer/producer/star of that movie as the director of Ragnarok and the "What Thor was doing during the Civil War." snippet that recently made the rounds. The snippet was alright, but I can't say it was the funniest thing I've ever seen. I hope Tom Hiddleston/Loki will be in the movie, because if Ragnarok is going to be an all-out comedy, Hiddleston's Loki may very well be what saves it.

I am also super disappointed that Enchantress will not be a featured villain(ess) in Ragnarok, but that's another discussion...
    This is a big concern for me too. With this being the, as far as we know, last film in the Thor franchise, for them to make it into some sort of comedic romp seems to me like the biggest waste of potential ever. The best elements of both the first two Thor movies were the dramatic parts, and Thor and his supporting cast just don't lend themselves to acting like idiotic goof balls. When I think of Thor and Loki, I think of noble, bad ass viking gods. And there's so much real, intense drama to explore still with Thor and Loki and Loki and Odin, and all the issues between them which have thus far gone unaddressed. The first rumors we started hearing about the 3rd Thor film was that it was going to be darker than any Marvel film to date, and that had be super excited. But as the months went on, we started haring how they were totally revising the script and bringing in a comedic director, and all you hear about it now is how "funny" it's going to be. It's like Marvel has grown allergic to the thought of letting these character's be taken seriously, which is just sad. I want to see Loki's Jotun heritage addressed again, and the tension between him and Thor, and him and Odin. It doesn't sound like we're going to get that though at this point, which sucks.

Anyway, I picked up these two commissions of Loki from Lee Garbett recently! I think they're pretty cool! These were done as companion pieces to one another, Loki in his Agent of Asgard incarnation, and Loki in his god of Stories incarnation. They’re meant to show the juxtaposition and contrast of Loki before he learns to accept himself and the struggle he has there, and afterwards, when he’s let go of it mattering what others think of him, and the freedom and happiness that brings him.

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg
    Last edited by cosmicjoke21; 09-07-2016 at 08:06 AM.

Spectacular Member

One more!

IMG_0422.jpg

Nice!

In Avengers Academy news, not much has happened with Loki lately, but I thought this was funny:

ahaha, Loki´s impression of Fury worked

I wouldn´t worry to much about the movie, it being funny doesn´t mean it will be a comedy, I want to believe Marvel took notes about what worked in the previous movies and what didn´t (at least they get rid of Jane and her "hilarious" friends so tht´s something), the comedy aspect is a tricky thing it will depend of the timing, the balance and the quality, I think the directo can do a good job but the script and edition is what worries me the most, TDW has a terrible edition that remove Malekith and Loki´s scene but kept the "funny" ones in the worst moments.

About the Deadpool and Gambit issue, I guess there´s still place for a twisted twist at the end that would make sense with the continuity something similar to what Rc1ca as said, at least I want to believe that writer and editor (and the artist a bit too) didn´t ignore so easily 5 YEARS of story, because that Loki is pre-siege, how much time has passed since siege in the MU?

in Avengers Academy - on the one hand it looks like Loki doesn't know what he's doing (and does not seem to care, he's just having fun messing with everyone) but... it still seems to be effective! but at the same time, Nick Fury seems REALLY confident he will win. Like he's got a hidden ace up his sleeve. I'm beginning to think he and Loki may be working together, or something? but Loki doesn't like Fury... so i dunno.

Movie - I think that's the key thing. where the humor is coming from. Jane and Darcy are gone, so we won't have any of that. Any humor will most likely be coming from Thor and Loki being forced to work together, which was the best part of the Dark World.

Deadpool v Gambit - Well, let's see. We've had 2 8 month timeskips recently, so a bit over a year at absolute bare minimum. And all of JIM, Young Avengers and most of Agent of Asgard happened prior to the timeskips, so.... I dunno, like 2 and a half to 3 years in universe? And yeah, there is still the possibility they could pull something that would make it all make sense, but I don't have a lot of confidence in that. But as I said earlier, that it is a Deadpool story does make it easier to ignore than most because a lot of his stories don't really fit in continuity very well.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke21 View Post
    This is a big concern for me too. With this being the, as far as we know, last film in the Thor franchise, for them to make it into some sort of comedic romp seems to me like the biggest waste of potential ever. The best elements of both the first two Thor movies were the dramatic parts, and Thor and his supporting cast just don't lend themselves to acting like idiotic goof balls. When I think of Thor and Loki, I think of noble, bad ass viking gods. And there's so much real, intense drama to explore still with Thor and Loki and Loki and Odin, and all the issues between them which have thus far gone unaddressed. The first rumors we started hearing about the 3rd Thor film was that it was going to be darker than any Marvel film to date, and that had be super excited. But as the months went on, we started haring how they were totally revising the script and bringing in a comedic director, and all you hear about it now is how "funny" it's going to be. It's like Marvel has grown allergic to the thought of letting these character's be taken seriously, which is just sad. I want to see Loki's Jotun heritage addressed again, and the tension between him and Thor, and him and Odin. It doesn't sound like we're going to get that though at this point, which sucks.
    A-freakin'-men!! If any MCU franchise deserves to go out on an epic note, it is most certainly the Thor one. I really wish it didn't have to be *just* three movies...it could be four or five. That, honestly, is how much untapped potential there is between what you said about all of the relationship facets, particularly with Loki and all around him, that have yet to be explored and some of the characters who have yet to appear and more than deserve to have presence (the aforementioned Enchantress, Skurge, Balder, and Valkyrie) OR have appeared and deserve considerably more presence (the Warriors Three and Sif). And a movie about Ragnarok should not be 'all comedy, all the time', nor 'need help' from the Hulk...even if I like Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner, no, just no. It all reeks of Marvel suddenly up and caring about those more vocal about The Dark World 'being a mediocre mess' and in turn 'thinking' that everyone doesn't care about the Thor movies. I also fear that, as much as I ended up LOVING it a lot more than I thought I would, Ant-Man being a comedy-action flick with its 60-75% comedy, 25-40% action not being a world beater but bringing in steady box office money, much like both Thor movies thus far, might also be a main ingredient in the sudden shift to make Ragnarok more laughs versus a serious saga. Grrr, arrrgh...grrr, arrrgh...

Anyway, I picked up these two commissions of Loki from Lee Garbett recently! I think they're pretty cool! These were done as companion pieces to one another, Loki in his Agent of Asgard incarnation, and Loki in his god of Stories incarnation. They’re meant to show the juxtaposition and contrast of Loki before he learns to accept himself and the struggle he has there, and afterwards, when he’s let go of it mattering what others think of him, and the freedom and happiness that brings him.
    Those are terrific!! I really, really like those illustrations...you did quite well to pick them up! I ought to play Loki in his Agent of Asgard costume/skin in Marvel Heroes...got that currently stored in his STASH/item locker, and have been playing as Lady Loki. She's a quite fun form of Loki's too, right down to the 'proud to be a woman' dialogue, but all of Loki's dialogue is great.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Spectacular Member

A-freakin'-men!! If any MCU franchise deserves to go out on an epic note, it is most certainly the Thor one. I really wish it didn't have to be *just* three movies...it could be four or five. That, honestly, is how much untapped potential there is between what you said about all of the relationship facets, particularly with Loki and all around him, that have yet to be explored and some of the characters who have yet to appear and more than deserve to have presence (the aforementioned Enchantress, Skurge, Balder, and Valkyrie) OR have appeared and deserve considerably more presence (the Warriors Three and Sif). And a movie about Ragnarok should not be 'all comedy, all the time', nor 'need help' from the Hulk...even if I like Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner, no, just no. It all reeks of Marvel suddenly up and caring about those more vocal about The Dark World 'being a mediocre mess' and in turn 'thinking' that everyone doesn't care about the Thor movies. I also fear that, as much as I ended up LOVING it a lot more than I thought I would, Ant-Man being a comedy-action flick with its 60-75% comedy, 25-40% action not being a world beater but bringing in steady box office money, much like both Thor movies thus far, might also be a main ingredient in the sudden shift to make Ragnarok more laughs versus a serious saga. Grrr, arrrgh...grrr, arrrgh...

Those are terrific!! I really, really like those illustrations...you did quite well to pick them up! I ought to play Loki in his Agent of Asgard costume/skin in Marvel Heroes...got that currently stored in his STASH/item locker, and have been playing as Lady Loki. She's a quite fun form of Loki's too, right down to the 'proud to be a woman' dialogue, but all of Loki's dialogue is great.
    Yeah, more films definitely would be nice. As was said by another poster too, the problem with the humor in the Thor films is that it's often ill placed and forcibly injected into scenes where it really, REALLY doesn't belong. Like in TDW, which could have been such an amazing film if they hadn't done this, the scene where Loki appears to die in Thor's arms, they immediately, and I mean immediately follow that up with several scenes of humor, with Jane and Thor in the cave and the cell phone ringing, Thor getting jealous of Jane getting a call from some guy, Eric making a crack saying "thank God" Loki is dead. Uhhhhhh... That's Thor's little brother, probably his best friend and closest companion for over a thousand years, who only in the last two or three had there been a rift between them, and you're trying to sell me that Thor, who's little brother just died in his arms, and who a day before also watched his mother die, isn't going to be raging, uncontrollably furious with pain and grief and revenge? Give me a break man. Marvel didn't allow any of the drama in TDW to breathe, at all, and it killed the film's momentum. There's so much to explore between Thor and Loki and Loki and Odin, and even Loki and like you said Sif and the Warrior's Three, and of course Loki's deep, tragic self-loathing due to his heritage which is basically the driving force behind all his villainy. But they just aren't exploring it. Instead it sounds like they're turning this film into a buddy comedy between Thor and the Hulk, which nobody wants to see, and I also get the feeling they're putting the Hulk in the film just so they can try and capitalize on the not funny the first time scene of the Hulk Hulk-smashing Loki and do it again. I hope I'm wrong about the film, I really do. If it's great, I'll be the first and happiest to admit it. I just think Thor and Loki and the whole crew deserve to be treated like serious characters, because they are. Just because they're comic book character's doesn't mean you have to treat them like cartoons. And the whole Thor cast especially should feel epic and larger than life and bad-ass. It just feels to me like Marvel doesn't know what they have on their hands, doesn't understand the dramatic potential inherent with these characters, and doesn't know at all how to handle them. It's just a missed opportunity, in my mind.

To be fair, a lot of people DID find that 'puny god' scene funny. A LOT. I found found that scene funny. If you didn't, fine, but you may be a liiiiiiiiiiittle biased. And they may be bringing Hulk in not so much to do it again, but to allow Loki some payback, did you consider that? among other things. there is no way that scene is the only reason. More like every Hulk film they've tried has failed, so they've lost confidence in the character's ability to carry a movie and are in stead piggybacking him in another franchise, kinda like Black Widow in the Iron Man movies. Tho BW totally deserves her own movie, but that's a different discussion. Or they may be using it as a springboard. Production is not even a quarter done and Ruffalo has said he's already done filming, and that includes mocap, so whatever his role is, isn't actually going to be very large.

As for the humor being misplaced and poorly handled in the previous movies, that's true. But maybe that's why they felt the need to hire someone with experience in comedy, to make sure the humor landed and was appropriate. Poor comedic timing was a problem which could have been solved in two ways: eliminate the humor, or fix the humor. They apparently decided to go for the latter.

I've already said that I think a funny tone seems odd for Ragnarok. But I am not going to get upset over it yet, I am still a pretty firm believer in 'wait and see'. Just because they're not handling it the same way I would personally doesn't mean it can't still be good.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-08-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    To be fair, a lot of people DID find that 'puny god' scene funny. A LOT. I found found that scene funny. If you didn't, fine, but you may be a liiiiiiiiiiittle biased. And they may be bringing Hulk in not so much to do it again, but to allow Loki some payback, did you consider that? among other things. there is no way that scene is the only reason. More like every Hulk film they've tried has failed, so they've lost confidence in the character's ability to carry a movie
    eh... they can't use him in a solo unless they wanna pay Universal. Its rights issue at this point
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ah, didn't realize that. Well, either way, it still appears as though his role isn't going to be as large as some people are making out considering he is done filming already.

Yeah, more films definitely would be nice. As was said by another poster too, the problem with the humor in the Thor films is that it's often ill placed and forcibly injected into scenes where it really, REALLY doesn't belong. Like in TDW, which could have been such an amazing film if they hadn't done this, the scene where Loki appears to die in Thor's arms, they immediately, and I mean immediately follow that up with several scenes of humor, with Jane and Thor in the cave and the cell phone ringing, Thor getting jealous of Jane getting a call from some guy, Eric making a crack saying "thank God" Loki is dead. Uhhhhhh... That's Thor's little brother, probably his best friend and closest companion for over a thousand years, who only in the last two or three had there been a rift between them, and you're trying to sell me that Thor, who's little brother just died in his arms, and who a day before also watched his mother die, isn't going to be raging, uncontrollably furious with pain and grief and revenge? Give me a break man. Marvel didn't allow any of the drama in TDW to breathe, at all, and it killed the film's momentum.
    the bold... nailed it.

The things they did right in TDW, such as Frigga's funeral and every scene with Loki and Thor together were 100% on point, some of the best stuff int he MCU.

There conversation on the boat was just FILLED with great stuff.

But then every, single, time... its like they felt things were getting too dark and would immediately jump to jokey comedy. It was too abrupt. There needed to be a bridge to it instead.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    the bold... nailed it.

The things they did right in TDW, such as Frigga's funeral and every scene with Loki and Thor together were 100% on point, some of the best stuff int he MCU.

There conversation on the boat was just FILLED with great stuff.

But then every, single, time... its like they felt things were getting too dark and would immediately jump to jokey comedy. It was too abrupt. There needed to be a bridge to it instead.
    Exactly. The scene between them on the boat was brilliant. If they'd allowed that to run for a few minutes longer even, it could have really been a home run. And that's the case with a lot of scenes in the film. The scene where Loki "dies", if they'd allowed us to see Thor's grief for longer. The scene where Frigga dies, if they'd actually shown us Loki's grief. There's that behind the scenes footage of Loki literally screaming at the top of his lungs, which they inexplicably cut out of the film. There's just so much they could have allowed and let breathe, and it would have made the humor more bearable and made it feel more balanced. Like you said, it was like Marvel was afraid of it getting too dark. I'm fine with the Marvel films having a generally lighter tone. But their tendency to make everything tongue in cheek and wink at the audience like "isn't this so silly" all the time seems, to me at least, disrespectful to the characters and to those characters fans.

Look, I'm definitely willing to wait and see and I hope my concerns are all for naught. It's just from what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound promising. That's just from what I'm hearing. I could be totally wrong, and I hope I am.

As far as finding the Hulk smash scene funny or not, I just didn't. Yeah, I'm a Loki fan for sure and I was biased, but by the point in the film that that scene had happened, Loki had become the butt of almost every single joke, and it rendered him, essentially, an ineffectual villain. He went from being frighteningly competent and intelligent in the first Thor film to being a strategic moron in The Avengers. But that's another film and another discussion, lol. I hope Loki does get payback with the Hulk, but I just don't see that happening, to be honest.
    Last edited by cosmicjoke21; 09-10-2016 at 10:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Ah, didn't realize that. Well, either way, it still appears as though his role isn't going to be as large as some people are making out considering he is done filming already.
    You do realize that PLANET HULK had very little of Banner appearing in it, right? And that THOR: RAGNAROK is using a good portion of that storyline. While also stating numerous times that Hulk will be in the majority of the film, not Bruce Banner. Just because Ruffalo is done filming and motion cap, it doesn't mean Hulk's role will be small. In fact, most Hulk scenes are done without the need of motion capture and Ruffalo altogether.

For all we you know, Hulk's role is only second to Thor & Loki. We you're going against a world-ending threat, it's only logical that Thor & Loki would enlist the Hulk to aid them in smashing whatever it is that they'll be facing: Surtur, Hela, and TONS of army hordes of monsters, demons, etc.