Page 27 of 303 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Definitely does not look good for Loki there... but it is an interesting cover. One of the first things that popped into my head, thanks to old art history classes, was Saturn devouring his children. There are a few paintings of that, Rubens and Goya being the most famous. Now, it's not the same pose or anything, but definitely feels very similar... The thing with Saturn and his children was often interpreted as an allegory for the conflict between youth and old age, which definitely fits here. Also, Saturn murdered his children because he feared they would usurp his power, which fits with the obliteration of Kid Loki... While it's the wrong mythology, some interesting parallels.
    That was my first thought too. It's the eyes. Both King Loki's eyes here and Saturn's eyes. It's so vacant and animalistic. And I think you've given us an important clue. Saturn ate his children so that they wouldn't usurp him and new versus old and all that.

With this in mind, this cover does make me question who this character is. I was sure he wasn't the real future Loki, but now I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    Something tells me Thor may know the secret now. Maybe he was just holding his anger in before this because he wasn't sure if he could harm Loki even after he found out? Seeing him call Loki an abomination is hard to read. Screw you, Remender! You're breaking my heart more than when you did that thing to Warren!

Does anyone else think their dialogue in AXIS #8 felt rather ham-fisted, not to mention rushed? I love that we're getting all this Loki-Thor interaction, but that scene did not read well for me at all. (Everyone in that issue save for Spiderman and Carnage seemed to have the same "voice" actually, now that I think of it).

Heh, jinx

Quote Originally Posted by TheWinterSoldier View Post
    Heh, jinx

we will all cry thor vs loki

What with the distinction made on the recap page that Loki #9 is taking place during AXIS #9 and before Thor #1, plus his inversion and the dialogue between him and Thor in AXIS #8, (and maybe even the jokey image of him on the cover for one of the upcoming Thor issues) -- anyone else think that Loki is going to wind up wielding Mjolnir for at least a short time in the upcoming issue? (And then end up dropping it once the inversions are reversed?)

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

we will all cry thor vs loki
    this series just has me intrigued and wanting each issue. I'm looking forward to this one!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheWinterSoldier View Post
    What with the distinction made on the recap page that Loki #9 is taking place during AXIS #9 and before Thor #1, plus his inversion and the dialogue between him and Thor in AXIS #8, (and maybe even the jokey image of him on the cover for one of the upcoming Thor issues) -- anyone else think that Loki is going to wind up wielding Mjolnir for at least a short time in the upcoming issue? (And then end up dropping it once the inversions are reversed?)
    That helps the timeline a little. Loki wielding Mjolnir would certainly be something that's going to enrage Thor even more.

However, #12 does have me thinking. King Loki said that Odin never told him how much he loved him in his timeline, while Odin in the current timeline did tell Loki he loved him. The wording of #11 says that the decision regarding Loki will involve Odin's wisdom, which makes me think he'll find a way to spare Loki, which will keep him from going too far towards King Loki's path.

Also, is this book being cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That helps the timeline a little. Loki wielding Mjolnir would certainly be something that's going to enrage Thor even more.

However, #12 does have me thinking. King Loki said that Odin never told him how much he loved him in his timeline, while Odin in the current timeline did tell Loki he loved him. The wording of #11 says that the decision regarding Loki will involve Odin's wisdom, which makes me think he'll find a way to spare Loki, which will keep him from going too far towards King Loki's path.

Also, is this book being cancelled?
    al says no it not is cancelled

Where is this from?
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Amora The Enchantress Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel