Page 1 of 303 123451151101 ... LastLast

Red face Loki Appreciation 2018

I wanted to continue the thread we had on the old forums for discussion and appreciation of Loki. Especially considering the discussions about the Tenth Realm were just beginning to get interesting.

Though any and all Loki appreciation is appropriate.

lokistuff.jpg

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

I am looking forward to the Tenth Realm story. Curious as to how Aaron and Ewing are going to connect Angela to Asgard and how it will develop over time. With these two writers crafting the story, we should get something with great depth and complexity!

And just to add…I'm still hoping for a Skottie Young Loki: AoA cover on his regular series in the future!!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Have the full solicits for this mini series been released? I know I've read interviews and initial talk about it, but I can't remember if actual solicits had been released. Does anyone remember seeing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic's Aegis View Post
    Have the full solicits for this mini series been released? I know I've read interviews and initial talk about it, but I can't remember if actual solicits had been released. Does anyone remember seeing them?
    There was only one covering the whole miniseries released with the July solicits.

Yes. This is a good thread.

I think my favourite thing about the Loki stories right now is how Gillen and Ewing have manage to give him higher stakes than any other hero in comics. If someone dies, whatever, they'll be back. Hell, Loki's done that at least a few times. Loki's fighting against the nature of comics as a serialized medium, and the irresistable pull of the status quo. If he loses, he's gone forever, and old bad Loki wins - his very existence is at stake. That the writers have managed to take this concept and weave it into the story so neatly tickles my brain in all the right ways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fearghaill View Post

I think my favourite thing about the Loki stories right now is how Gillen and Ewing have manage to give him higher stakes than any other hero in comics. If someone dies, whatever, they'll be back. Hell, Loki's done that at least a few times. Loki's fighting against the nature of comics as a serialized medium, and the irresistable pull of the status quo. If he loses, he's gone forever, and old bad Loki wins - his very existence is at stake. That the writers have managed to take this concept and weave it into the story so neatly tickles my brain in all the right ways.
    You haven't read many Grant Morrison comics, have you?

LOKI=GREATNESS!. Loved the character since I was a kid. Since JIM everything Marvel has done with Loki has been great. I hope this continues as it has been an amazing ride and shows no sign of slowing down.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-10-2018 at 07:37 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

All of this. ALL OF IT!

Fantastic description of the series and the character, right here!! I agree thoroughly!

... This! You summed up the appeal of this book better than I could. It's a fun read, but also has something to say.

btw. I too am really curious about Angela in that Thor/Loki book. I just read through the Guardians of the Galaxy issues where she's introduced, and it makes it pretty clear that she's been pulled into the MU by accident and all her history at Image is intact. (though of course they can't get into specifics on that front due to legal reasons) so... how does she become Asgardian all of a sudden? I'm confused.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-01-2014 at 09:52 PM.

I don't think I really like how they are implementing her in this way because it involves a lot of retcon in order to justify her presence.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    I don't think I really like how they are implementing her in this way because it involves a lot of retcon in order to justify her presence.
    This was up in today's Axel-in-Charge entry. A little more insight on Angela, and Marvel's plans from the beginning.

Another C2E2 announcement was the Thor/Loki "Original Sin" tie-in that's poised to reveal Angela as Thor and Loki's sister. What motivated that decision? It seems like a sign, a year in, of putting Angela in a very permanent and specific place in the Marvel Universe that she hasn't had yet.

Alonso: Deciding to make Angela Thor and Loki's sister came out of one of our earliest conversations about the character's place in the Marvel Universe. Joe Quesada was very invested in making Angela count and he saw enormous potential to find a link between her and Asgard, so he pretty much spearheaded the discussion. [Angela co-creator] Neil Gaiman embraced the idea, and contributed to the discussion. And so did ["Thor: God of Thunder" writer] Jason Aaron. Over a few months, we worked through the logic of Angela's connection to Asgard enough to put ["Loki: Agent of Asgard" writer] Al Ewing in position take those notes and write an actual story, which will be told this July in an "Original Sin" tie-in story. You're about to learn that Angela was hiding in plain sight, and, as our teaser suggests, boy, is she pissed. And with good reason. Thor and Loki have no idea what's going to hit them.

I just feel that the Thor comics have already done the long lost sibling story to death that its become stale.

BANNED

Cyclical Nature of Comics.

> I will never get my Loki on a movie
    > I will never see my Loki again in comics because of boy toy movie Loki
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut