Page 5 of 303 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegeLoki View Post
    Agent of Asgard #5 is a fantastic issue. And finally the mystery of who old Loki is has been answered.
    gotta wonder if Ragnarok was broken in King Loki's future, because that would explain what happened to Earth and why he's just a phantom. It's going to be something if end up trusting future Loki and somehow lock themselves into the cycle again.

First Look Loki and Thor original Sin tie in
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=22099
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Amora The Enchantress Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel

Spectacular Member

Here's a new interview with Ewing about what's coming up in issue # 6. I guess now we know what Loki's role in the AXIS event will be:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/in...d/1100-148988/

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke21 View Post
    Here's a new interview with Ewing about what's coming up in issue # 6. I guess now we know what Loki's role in the AXIS event will be:

Oh Doom, you really have to stop these things; People are starting to talk. Go paint some pictures of scantly clad Namor again.

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    Oh Doom, you really have to stop these things; People are starting to talk. Go paint some pictures of scantly clad Namor again.
    Oh, I wouldn't blame him.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Ooh, I like the idea that Loki will use the Axis to break out of his predestined life and future. Which will probably cause great chaos and throw everything out of whack! But I like these stories that push back on tradition and what the "norm" is. Even Ewing mentions how Loki is fighting against being the "one-dimensional" villain he was in the past.

Love this!!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    Ooh, I like the idea that Loki will use the Axis to break out of his predestined life and future. Which will probably cause great chaos and throw everything out of whack! But I like these stories that push back on tradition and what the "norm" is. Even Ewing mentions how Loki is fighting against being the "one-dimensional" villain he was in the past.

Love this!!
    I'm pretty impressed with how Ewing has been handling Loki. I would've never expected his much from him, and he seems to really get him.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke21 View Post

Thanks for this. Ewing has done a marvelous job on this book, it has really impressed me and probably been the biggest surprise quality-wise of Marvel Now for me. It may be Marvel's best written book. Looking forward to seeing how Ewing handles Dr. Doom in this series.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Some more on Loki and Doom's involvement in AXIS: http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/6...s_in_september

“AXIS comes to Loki with [LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #6], in a story some fans have been waiting to read for a while: Loki versus Doctor Doom,” teases writer Al Ewing. “Two bad people, trying to be better people—someone’s got to be the winner. Loki's trying to slip the chains of his own future. Now that he knows he's doomed to end up as the maniacal King Loki, he's even more determined to escape predestination and be his own person. Unfortunately, Doom—as part of his work with Valeria Richards to improve the world, as detailed in FANTASTIC FOUR—has journeyed into the future, met King Loki, and decided to take him out of the picture for the good of humanity. So they're on a collision course to the death. Meanwhile, the Red Skull has some plans of his own for the world, and Latveria is right in the firing line.”

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post

Love this!!
    Well no one wants Loki to go back to one dimensional, so I don't think Loki has anything to worry about there.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegeLoki View Post
    Some more on Loki and Doom's involvement in AXIS: http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/6...s_in_september

“AXIS comes to Loki with [LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #6], in a story some fans have been waiting to read for a while: Loki versus Doctor Doom,” teases writer Al Ewing. “Two bad people, trying to be better people—someone’s got to be the winner. Loki's trying to slip the chains of his own future. Now that he knows he's doomed to end up as the maniacal King Loki, he's even more determined to escape predestination and be his own person. Unfortunately, Doom—as part of his work with Valeria Richards to improve the world, as detailed in FANTASTIC FOUR—has journeyed into the future, met King Loki, and decided to take him out of the picture for the good of humanity. So they're on a collision course to the death. Meanwhile, the Red Skull has some plans of his own for the world, and Latveria is right in the firing line.”
    I'm really curious to see how this goes. It could be both misunderstanding each other and being at each others' throats, or it could be a sympathetic alliance. Loki is kind of the mascot for how society can force people into good and evil roles, thereby causing horrible things to happen in a self-fulfilling, prophetic fashion. In a very real way, Loki's fight is every villain and anti-hero's fight. It will be interesting to see if the villains and anti-heroes recognize this.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    I'm really curious to see how this goes. It could be both misunderstanding each other and being at each others' throats, or it could be a sympathetic alliance. Loki is kind of the mascot for how society can force people into good and evil roles, thereby causing horrible things to happen in a self-fulfilling, prophetic fashion. In a very real way, Loki's fight is every villain and anti-hero's fight. It will be interesting to see if the villains and anti-heroes recognize this.
    Love your analysis here. Can't wait to see where this story goes, I'm having so much fun reading it!

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Here's the solicit for #6

LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #6
    AL EWING (W)
    Jorge Coelho (A)
    Cover BY LEE GARBETT
    The MARCH to AXIS continues!
    • Loki’s back from the Tenth Realm - and facing his greatest challenge yet! Can you say... DOCTOR DOOM?
    • But with Valeria Richards in the mix - who’s the hero of the story? And who’s the villain?
    • A new jumping-on point for the series fans literally can’t get enough of! Grab it while stocks last, true believer!
    • And looming in the wings: AXIS!

And cover
    Last edited by Prof. Aegis; 06-17-2014 at 11:15 PM.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

double post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ComicGirl; 06-26-2014 at 12:32 AM.
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Amora The Enchantress Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel

Loki has always had an awesome sense of humor and i love it lol
    lokii n.jpg