Page 3 of 303 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    From what I gather it is on a two month break while the mini comes out throughout July and August. Thor God Of Thunder is also on a break in August.
    Thanks for the info! Glad to know that Thor will skip at least a month too!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Hahaha.

I love old mustache twirling Loki.He was such a naughty villain.I am afraid Tumbler's Hiddlestonies will pollute the evilness and mischief of classic Loki.
    Yeah, but the older mustache twirling Loki was also verbally abusive to his wife as well.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    Yeah, but the older mustache twirling Loki was also verbally abusive to his wife as well.
    Well,in mythology,Loki was pretty much a bad husband.

Speaking of mythology,i find it amusing how Loki's portrayal change in the course of myths.From a trickster became into a hateful creature.Probably the influence of the rising christianity inserted the duality of good vs evil.

Back to comics,i always had a soft spot for Loki.My first introduction to him was in Simmonson's Thor run and he was a magnificent bastard.Also,i loved him as the big bad of Acts of Vengeance.I always enjoy manipulating Loki,messing with your mind.Siege is probably my favorite mainstream marvel event thanks to Loki's role and master plan(making a new beginning).
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Well,in mythology,Loki was pretty much a bad husband.

Speaking of mythology,i find it amusing how Loki's portrayal change in the course of myths.From a trickster became into a hateful creature.Probably the influence of the rising christianity inserted the duality of good vs evil.

Back to comics,i always had a soft spot for Loki.My first introduction to him was in Simmonson's Thor run and he was a magnificent bastard.Also,i loved him as the big bad of Acts of Vengeance.I always enjoy manipulating Loki,messing with your mind.Siege is probably my favorite mainstream marvel event thanks to Loki's role and master plan(making a new beginning).
    Yeah, but in the myths they actually didn't say anything about Loki being abusive to Sigyn. Although all it did say he was pretty much unfaithful but then again the other Norse gods are not known for their fidelity either.

I know that Loki gets shot down by a lot of people in the comics but in mythology he seems to really been lucky in bedding people. I mean he even managed to sleep with Sif in the myths. In the comics it mentions he has had affairs with mortal women but in Norse mythology he was actually known for taking the form of a human female and giving birth to children with human males. Heck even in the comics it mentions the incident of him going down to Midgard for eight years disguised as a milkmaid and birthing children.

I kind of want the comics to embrace more of his weirder side.
    Last edited by jazzflower92; 05-05-2014 at 01:06 AM.

Toying Norman Osborn
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Greatest Thor-centric panel ever?Certainly is a credible candidate for that.

Loki,thy name is dickery!!!

Toying Norman Osborn
    Now that Loki has been confirmed to be bisexual I wonder which villains in the Marvel Universe he would be most attracted to. I mean I could see him defiantly having a thing for Doom since he seems to be the villain he likes to team up with the most. Not to mention when he possessed Sif's body that he and him dated for a while. Lets not forget that Doom imagined Lady Loki chained up near his throne.

Βest version of Loki..ever!!!

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Toying Norman Osborn

This is how I see Loki. The trickster. Always messing with people and you never really quite know what he is up to. Does he have a plan, is there something he wants, or is he just messing with you for his enjoyment, is he being truthful?? I like a character that keeps me guessing, and he does just that.

That's also why I love his current series!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Have Freya and Freyja appeared in any significant role in the comics? I only read some Kirby, Simonson and not to much beyond.
    Freya was, I think, made into Freyja's father (If I'm recalling correctly) and Freyja is now merged with Frigga making her Thor and Loki's Mom.

I gotta agree with Jazzflower92, when are they going to address that issue regarding Sigyn? Seriously you can have Lorelei and the new girl Varity (who I like) but no word on Sigyn who's one of the few that can take on Loki being, well, Loki?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Freya was, I think, made into Freyja's father (If I'm recalling correctly) and Freyja is now merged with Frigga making her Thor and Loki's Mom.

I gotta agree with Jazzflower92, when are they going to address that issue regarding Sigyn? Seriously you can have Lorelei and the new girl Varity (who I like) but no word on Sigyn who's one of the few that can take on Loki being, well, Loki?
    Yeah, she hasn't been seen since the 90's and was a very minor mentioned character. Although if they bring her back they should revamp her look. And not make her relationship with her husband abusive. Heck, maybe retcon the story of how they got married in the first place.

BANNED

I would rather they continue the Marvel way of touching on some mythos about Loki and not touching others. No one cares about the Sleipnir thing or the milk maid thing when pertaining to him. Its not really relevant to Marvel Loki's story. At all. And he seems dead set on changing his story even further now. He wants a new narrative. Not a past one.

BANNED

Hahaha.

I love old mustache twirling Loki.He was such a naughty villain.I am afraid Tumbler's Hiddlestonies will pollute the evilness and mischief of classic Loki.
    Shakes head.

The movie Loki is a LOT closer to classic Loki than he is to Agent of Asgard Loki.