Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post
I interpreted the end of the bar scene as him (accidentally) teleporting everyone out of the bar. Whatever the logistics, it was nice in both showing how much power he has and showing that he still loses his cool when his competence is called into question, even when ostensibly being good. (And does he seem a bit more powerful here? I guess I'm not used to a fully-powered Loki enough to know how hard he should hit, and we haven't seen him use too much magic in TMT. I was already wondering if he didn't go all out in his fight against Jane--he was definitely conflicted during it--and I'd like to think this confirms it. Not saying he would necessarily win in an all-out fight against her, but it would be quite the fight).

I was also trying to figure out the timeline, because I wanted to say that the first thing he did after Fate was snapped was become Sorcerer Supreme, but then realized I'm not sure if that would work. I don't think he was Sorcerer Supreme yet during the last issue of Thor, when we see him in Jotunheim. There must have been some time before that issue and when the Mangog arrived, which would mean it was pretty much the first thing he did. Looking back, I think he may have just gone with Malekith for lack of other options and was too scared of being rejected/having it not work to try to be good again (especially after having his parley with Jane fall apart and seeing no other option but to stab Freyja), which is why he was miserable but didn't do anything. He could have meant to eventually betray him, but rather in the way I mean to clean my room--preferably, tomorrow.

In the Sims, since you've had them all living together, I could just see Loki and Strange becoming friends in a total free-will campaign, and being all like "Nooo, you're doing it wrong."
I don't know, we've seen what AoA Loki could do in Young Avengers when he basically almost killed everyone by having a bad PTSD breakdown. And we know he's caused a ton of damage in King Thor's future. Loki is a competent fighter, we know that, but it's his potential for cosmic destruction that is often debated. In this story, he still seems to be the God of Stories in some fashion and is one of the few beings not to be destroyed by the Incursions. He seems to be able to channel other Lokis into him or something. Either he teleported the building or teleported everyone inside of the building, it's a pretty big display of power, especially since I would assume that said building, being a bar for Marvel's magic users, was probably warded to heck just in case someone tried something against it.

The fact is, the power of Thor isn't something to be taken lightly. But Loki was obviously distracted during the fight and seemed like he really didn't want to actually hurt Jane. He didn't want to hurt anyone and as you pointed out, really had no option but to hurt Freyja. He had to offer up something then and there or Malekith would realize that Loki was playing him.

And I'm not sure Malekith isn't going to still betray Loki. Well, of course he is! Him and Laufey both are probably planning to betray Loki, who as we see in this issue, still considers himself of the house of Odin. Can't have that.

You have to give them really opposing traits, but they're so similar! The problem is if you aren't having Zelma be romanced by Strange first, then there's no reason for Strange to hate him so much.