Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ok, so three solicits/covers had Loki this month, and looks like, yep he is still Sorcerer Supreme:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #795
    DAN SLOTT (W), MIKE HAWTHORNE (A) Cover by ALEX ROSS Hulk Variant Cover by Dale Keown
    THREAT LEVEL RED Part 2
    * Spidey pays the Sanctum Sanctorum a visit looking for a consult from the Master of the Mystic arts, Doctor Stephen Strange...
    * ...but finds himself face-to-face with the Master of Mischief and new Sorcerer Supreme -- LOKI LAUFEYSON!
    * And he's even MORE charming than in the movies! Don't believe us? Read this one and find out for yourself!

So that's a bit unexpected.... but I guess we did have that thing with the Osborn going after a magic power up. But we know Spidey and Loki have teamed up before, so hopefully this works out allright, despite the spider-sense on the cover.

DOCTOR STRANGE #385
    DONNY CATES (W) GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA (A) Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO HULK VARIANT COVER BY MIKE DEODATO JR.
    LOKI: SORCERER SUPREME PART 5
    * Get ready for a super-powered wizard's duel in the Mighty Marvel Manner! Loki, Lord of Liars, versus Stephen Strange, the former Sorcerer Supreme! And this time, way more is on the line than the title.
    * Will Loki gain the spell so dangerous, Stephen even hid it from himself?
    * And how will Strange pay for the magic he'll need to defeat a god?

FIGHT! so now i guess we know what is behind the mysterious locked door...

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #29
    RYAN NORTH (W) ERICA HENDERSON (A/C)
    THE FORBIDDEN PLA-NUT PART 3
    * For the first time in the HISTORY of comics, we present the color-coded fight we've all been waiting for: GREEN (Doreen) ON SILVER (Surfer)!
    * And if fighting the Herald of Galactus-- a man who literally has the Power Cosmic at his disposal -- isn't enough, Doreen's got other problems to deal with, including intergalactic scam artists, Drax the Destroyer and LOKI LAUFEYSON.
    * FEEL the thrill of the fight! SEE it happen, via artisanally selected images and words juxtaposed in deliberate sequence! HEAR the words in your head via your inner voice as you read them, which when you think about it is kind of weird! All we have to do is write down words on a piece of paper, and suddenly they're re-created in your mind exactly as we intended. Minds are crazy, and language is EVEN CRAZIER.

okay, this one has me all kinds of confused. I thought Doreen went to Loki for help, and what the hell is up with Drax and Loki teaming up vs Squirrel Girl?

He is also on an Avengers variant cover: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...engers679c.htm

also, the Thor solicit had a line which i find a bit... suspicious:

"* Odin and his son unite to take on the Ultimate Judgment. But without their mightiest warrior, the time of gods may come to an end. "

... which son? It may be that it is just referring to Thor, but I mean, there have been two of Odin's other sons appearing in the book of late, Loki and Balder.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori.../marvelfeb.htm
    Last edited by Raye; 11-21-2017 at 03:15 PM.