Page 208 of 303 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 4544

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke21 View Post
    Exactly. The scene between them on the boat was brilliant. If they'd allowed that to run for a few minutes longer even, it could have really been a home run. And that's the case with a lot of scenes in the film. The scene where Loki "dies", if they'd allowed us to see Thor's grief for longer. The scene where Frigga dies, if they'd actually shown us Loki's grief. There's that behind the scenes footage of Loki literally screaming at the top of his lungs, which they inexplicably cut out of the film. There's just so much they could have allowed and let breathe, and it would have made the humor more bearable and made it feel more balanced. Like you said, it was like Marvel was afraid of it getting too dark. I'm fine with the Marvel films having a generally lighter tone. But their tendency to make everything tongue in cheek and wink at the audience like "isn't this so silly" all the time seems, to me at least, disrespectful to the characters and to those characters fans.

Look, I'm definitely willing to wait and see and I hope my concerns are all for naught. It's just from what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound promising. That's just from what I'm hearing. I could be totally wrong, and I hope I am.

As far as finding the Hulk smash scene funny or not, I just didn't. Yeah, I'm a Loki fan for sure and I was biased, but by the point in the film that that scene had happened, Loki had become the butt of almost every single joke, and it rendered him, essentially, an ineffectual villain. He went from being frighteningly competent and intelligent in the first Thor film to being a strategic moron in The Avengers. But that's another film and another discussion, lol. I hope Loki does get payback with the Hulk, but I just don't see that happening, to be honest.
    that you didn't is fine, taste is subjective. But I was just saying that LOTS of people did find it funny. so saying it wasn't funny was only true for you. After the Avengers movie opened gifs of that were EVERYWHERE. It was also referenced in a lot of games and such. Lots of people liked that scene. In The Avengers Loki was the VILLAIN, and villains get beat up, it's just the way things go. it doesn't matter how likable or sympathetic the are, they still have to lose for the good guys to win. If you are a fan of a villain, you just have to accept that any wins they have are going to be minor and temporary, and they will lose in the end and probably get beaten up. The difference with Ragnarok is that Loki may not be the villain, he may be a co-protagonist with Thor, sort of like he was in Dark World. The set photos seem to support that. In which case, he will be allowed to have some more meaningful wins, because this time Loki doesn't need to lose in order for Thor and the others to win.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    You do realize that PLANET HULK had very little of Banner appearing in it, right? And that THOR: RAGNAROK is using a good portion of that storyline. While also stating numerous times that Hulk will be in the majority of the film, not Bruce Banner. Just because Ruffalo is done filming and motion cap, it doesn't mean Hulk's role will be small. In fact, most Hulk scenes are done without the need of motion capture and Ruffalo altogether.

For all we you know, Hulk's role is only second to Thor & Loki. We you're going against a world-ending threat, it's only logical that Thor & Loki would enlist the Hulk to aid them in smashing whatever it is that they'll be facing: Surtur, Hela, and TONS of army hordes of monsters, demons, etc.
    Frankly, that's not reassuring. It is a Thor movie, not a Hulk movie. I don't mind them using it as a springboard for a Hulk movie to follow, I don't mind them having Hulk in the movie as Thor's friend but.... it's Thor's movie, and should be Thor focused, and them winning shouldn't be dependent on Hulk's presence. It's an entire realm full of gods, they don't need to enlist Hulk's help.

Spectacular Member

I like how he's depicted more as a god of mischief rather than a god of evil. It goes along with the mythologies. In the myths he was hanging out with Odin and they would take these incognito journeys to Midgard. It was only when he did the unthinkable that led to Balder's death that he went too far and Odin served a very harsh punishment on him that led to Ragnarok. A lot of the time he was actually helpful to the other gods with his cunning and wheeling-dealing, and of course his mastery at shape changing. I mean he is not portrayed as 100% evil these days and he does seem to regret his actions at times.

I love the story of him making a deal with a giant to build this enormous hall for Odin. He worked out a deal that got it done at minimal cost (but with extreme risk and wound up being a mare to the giant's workhorse which the other gods got a huge chuckle out of that. I mean, you can just picture them sitting around drinking and laughing at Loki being the work horses' b****. But he comes out smelling like a rose because he gives birth to this twelve-legged horse with which Odin could travel at the speed of light (or whatever went for really really fast back then)
    Last edited by Filament; 09-13-2016 at 06:06 PM.

Spectacular Member

Another thing I like is when Loki (in the myth) goes to where almost all of the gods are sitting around having a few drinks (what else did most of them ever do) and he confronts each one with his or her own personal faults...this is shortly before he starts Ragnarok. And he refers to a blind god as a "bench ornament". It was a very mean thing to call the guy, but freakin' funny. I think he was the same one who Loki tricked into throwing the mistletoe dart at Balder. That was part of the unthinkable deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Filament View Post
    I like how he's depicted more as a god of mischief rather than a god of evil. It goes along with the mythologies. In the myths he was hanging out with Odin and they would take these incognito journeys to Midgard. It was only when he did the unthinkable that led to Balder's death that he went too far and Odin served a very harsh punishment on him that led to Ragnarok. A lot of the time he was actually helpful to the other gods with his cunning and wheeling-dealing, and of course his mastery at shape changing. I mean he is not portrayed as 100% evil these days and he does seem to regret his actions at times.

I love the story of him making a deal with a giant to build this enormous hall for Odin. He worked out a deal that got it done at minimal cost (but with extreme risk and wound up being a mare to the giant's workhorse which the other gods got a huge chuckle out of that. I mean, you can just picture them sitting around drinking and laughing at Loki being the work horses' b****. But he comes out smelling like a rose because he gives birth to this twelve-legged horse with which Odin could travel at the speed of light (or whatever went for really really fast back then)
    I would like if the comics focuses more on the fact that Loki has been a mother before. I also wonder if there would be a story where he would think about birthing another child. And in mythology, Loki has been known to sleep with mortal men in order to conceive children. I know in the comics it has shown he has fathered mortal children, but in the original myths he mothered them.

And of course who can forget he gave birth as you said to a beautiful eight legged foal, who became Odin's steed. I think it would be interesting to see if the comics focused on a story with him and Sleipnir, and how he feels about his horse child. Like how about in one story that someone kidnaps Sleipnir for their own evil plans, and Loki's mother instincts kicks in to save his child from who ever stolen him. And we would get flashbacks of Loki's relationship with Sleipnir, along with the other members of the royal family's relationship with their unusual family member.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Sleipnir_(Earth-616)

Not my favorite myth to be honest.

We've been round and round with this before. I don't think they should make changes to the comics lore just for the sake of making it match mythology. Marvel Norse gods/myths are their own things now, get over it. If you want to read a more pure take on the Myths, I suggest just waiting till February and reading Neil Gaiman's take on things rather than try and force the Marvel comics into that mold now, after so many years. And the Sleipnir thing in particular is something I'm willing to leave the way it is in the comics right now.

Anyway. Avengers Academy, unlocked Iron Fist yesterday and have been doing his quests. I think Loki's flirting with him.

like... Loki, no, you're not his type. Also, ew. But it will be tomorrow before i know how that goes.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-15-2016 at 01:33 AM.

OMG. guys, guys, Marvel Heroes is finally FIXING LOKI!

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-a..._campaign=blog

the last 'buff' they gave him caused me to flat out quit the game, because Loki was my main, my only character at level 60 cosmic prestige, and my favorite build with him just wasn't working anymore and i really didn't want to play him with the Spatial build, i just find that build totally not fun, not to mention it was abusing a clearly broken power. They framed it as a buff but it was AWFUL and made his Sorcery tree LESS effective, so the old 'whack things with your staff' build because one power had broken levels of damage was still the most effective. But looks like they've added a melee tree which makes you use Laevateinn (you could also play as if it were Gram or Eir-Gram if you wanted, I'm sure) and beefed up sorcery powers. Sounds like he (and Human Torch, another under-performing character) will be among the first characters to use a new 'talents' system which they say will offer a lot of build diversity.

they've also ditched his horrible lore breaking frost giant Ultimate and replaced it with the Norn Stones!

I just hope his illusions still operate much the same as they did before, aside form some numbers tweaking, because, staff whacking aside, I really like that tree, it's fun and thematically right for Loki.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-15-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Ack third post in a row, kinda hate myself for that, but this just happened in Avengers Academy and I am happy: http://imgur.com/a/UGVc0

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    in Avengers Academy - on the one hand it looks like Loki doesn't know what he's doing (and does not seem to care, he's just having fun messing with everyone) but... it still seems to be effective! but at the same time, Nick Fury seems REALLY confident he will win. Like he's got a hidden ace up his sleeve. I'm beginning to think he and Loki may be working together, or something? .
    Called it...

Really happy that the whole event he was actually being all heroic and stuff in his own special way. Stopping the Hand, the Kingpin etc and helping Fury. And he seemed to be having a ton of fun while doing it which was a nice change of pace from him being perpetually annoyed with EVERYTHING.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-16-2016 at 01:31 AM.

Just wanted to say that Vote 4 Loki has been a real unexpected gem. It's probably the most entertaining Loki has been in the comics in a long time. Definitely worth picking up. He's got my vote!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

- Finally! I stopped playing Marvel Heroes months ago, but now I want to play again, the changes sound very good, specially the new Ultimate and the the changes of the trees, I hated that he had so many things related to Jotunheim, the ilusion tree was the only one that you can use and feel youīre playing with Loki and not some random mage.

-My AvAc game stopped working again I couldnīt even get Hellcat, I give up until some new interesting event (maybe halloween) then I might try again, Thanks for your updates, between them and some Tumblr blogs I can check the story and some funny scenes.

-About the myths, I think everything is fine as it is, there no need to force retcons unless they have a really good story to tell, maybe the only story I wouldnīt mind to see re-adapted in the future would be the Lokasenna (but with a LOT changes, just keeping the concept of Loki against the other gods in a "dialectic battle")

-Vote Loki is very fun but it has some strange things that need a better explanation, so Iīm waiting for the last issue to see if these things are good, meh or bad.

-With the preview of TMT, Iīm less sure that Jane would be Loki, I mean is TOO logical , he has the reasons and the abilities (if heīs prepared I think he could use telepathy) and what she said about not having a lot of time could be just because Jane canīt be without Mjolnir for a long time. but maybe thatīs why it may not be him because even if it works, almost everybody after a bit of thinking would have him as the main suspect.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Byleistr_(Earth-616)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Helblindi_(Earth-616)

If Loki has ever needed a rogue gallery of his own, I still think they should used his real mythological brothers as villains. They probably would want to beat up Loki for being with the Aesir, and are ashamed of him for being the runt in the family. I mean if he's going to be treated more like an anti-hero with chaotic neutral leanings, then I think it would be fun for him to have his own set of villains to fight.

Any other suggestions on what kind of rogue gallery he should have?

Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    - Finally! I stopped playing Marvel Heroes months ago, but now I want to play again, the changes sound very good, specially the new Ultimate and the the changes of the trees, I hated that he had so many things related to Jotunheim, the ilusion tree was the only one that you can use and feel youīre playing with Loki and not some random mage.
    I really hope this lives up to the promise shown. but the new ult ALONE is exciting. his ult was the worst in the game

-My AvAc game stopped working again I couldnīt even get Hellcat, I give up until some new interesting event (maybe halloween) then I might try again, Thanks for your updates, between them and some Tumblr blogs I can check the story and some funny scenes.
    That sucks! what platform are you in? I know Kindle people have always had a lot of problems... and I've defeated Kingpin a couple times now and looks like Loki's intentions weren't quite so pure as they at first seemed... he may have... maybe... sorta kinda... released Mephisto. Looks like in preparation for the Halloween event. Which, I am guessing, will also bring in Dr Strange. I would also like to see Dracula, Werewolf by Night, maybe Morbius. you know, ones that could fit with a Halloween/supernatural theme.

http://imgur.com/a/yZQes

But he has joined Matt and Foggy's law firm, which is cool, even though the picture accompanying that is a little worrying.

-About the myths, I think everything is fine as it is, there no need to force retcons unless they have a really good story to tell, maybe the only story I wouldnīt mind to see re-adapted in the future would be the Lokasenna (but with a LOT changes, just keeping the concept of Loki against the other gods in a "dialectic battle")
    they've had some aspects of this before, but I definitely want him to do this. It probably is about time that some of the people in Asgard have it pointed out to them that they're being idiots.

-Vote Loki is very fun but it has some strange things that need a better explanation, so Iīm waiting for the last issue to see if these things are good, meh or bad.
    Depending on how it ends I could be either really cool with it or kinda meh on it. So far my big issue is that there isn't any insight into his actions, so it doesn't feel like *his* story.

-With the preview of TMT, Iīm less sure that Jane would be Loki, I mean is TOO logical , he has the reasons and the abilities (if heīs prepared I think he could use telepathy) and what she said about not having a lot of time could be just because Jane canīt be without Mjolnir for a long time. but maybe thatīs why it may not be him because even if it works, almost everybody after a bit of thinking would have him as the main suspect.
    Yeah. I said before in this thread that my second guess was that it was Mjolnir, and though I would vastly prefer Loki for obvious reasons, Mjolnir is starting to look more likely because the powers don't quite match Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Byleistr_(Earth-616)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Helblindi_(Earth-616)

If Loki has ever needed a rogue gallery of his own, I still think they should used his real mythological brothers as villains. They probably would want to beat up Loki for being with the Aesir, and are ashamed of him for being the runt in the family. I mean if he's going to be treated more like an anti-hero with chaotic neutral leanings, then I think it would be fun for him to have his own set of villains to fight.

Any other suggestions on what kind of rogue gallery he should have?
    I would be ok with them since it would not require any major changes (though they had never been shown previously to my knowledge, but just handwave it away as them being off panel at the time) and could fit in with the current Laufey story quite well. I think Cul could be more interesting as a Loki foe than a Thor foe because they have some similarities. I think maybe if he had to fight some of the people he had previously given powers to, Absorbing Man, the new Enchantress and the like that could be interesting, assuming he can't just snap his fingers and take the powers back.... or maybe because he snapped his fingers and took the powers back. but then it wouldn't be much of a fight.

I really suck with the quote tags today. I've edited this like 5 times.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-16-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Well most know where I stand in regard to the use of myths and who I'd like back in the Asgard staple *cough*sigyn*cough* I actually wouldn't mind her being an ally to him in some ways. If they found a way to fix who her mother was (it had be Freya until the merged her with Freja and now they're one in the same apparently) she already has a dwaven father which could play out some interesting aspects about her skills for enchanting items as well as probably bringing in the idea that she can "unbind" magic or break spells. Could be used for or against him depending on the situation. As for myths I would think it would be easier to bring in the objects such as Freya's cloak that turns you into a falcon over say some of the actual stories. Though there are ways of doing the horse thing. Easiest way is having Loki find the foal after the mother has died and it becomes attached to him, where it thinks it's his mother. Given his shifting skills he could easily be a "Mother" figure to said foal and thus "Loki is his mother." Actually you could tell that story in less then a few panels.

Ah Vote Loki, I'm starting to think that there's something more going on there in regard to them having Thor show up in that one and then having the Thor and Jane aspect going on in TMT. Honestly I think Jane is Jane in this case for that story and Loki might be playing Thor here, maybe, though him pretending to be Jane could be reasonable if there were some conditions. Unless there's a spell and that's someone else, I want to know how this is possible. Still there is the option that was played out way back when with Donald Blake.

Short story for those that don't know it. Blake and Thor had been separated (yet again) and he wound up being trapped by Odin in some sort of sleep state and hidden in a cave. During this time Loki was in trouble for some weird reason and was a ghost, (can't remember the details) but what happened was that Sigyn, in an attempt to blackmail Odin into releasing Loki, managed to get into the cave where she woke Blake and tried to break whatever spell Odin had on him at the time. Problem was her magic wasn't strong enough, and it back fired "killing" Dr. Blake. She then created a false version of him that stayed in the cave until Thor tried to free him an he vanished, prompting Thor to think that Loki had done something to Blake, and Sigyn to admit that she had killed the doctor and replaced him.

What I'm thinking here is that there's something like that going on here. Where we see a twin of Jane that was made from magic. I'm not sure who would do it, or could do it, unless Loki is indeed behind it only he's using what he knows of Jane and may have figured things out. The only other ones are Enchantress, Freya, who's asleep and a handful of others with magic that haven't been mentioned as of this date and time.

So Halloween should be a blast at Avenger Academy, I have to wonder if there's going to be some interesting teaming up with Loki and the likes of Ghost Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Well most know where I stand in regard to the use of myths and who I'd like back in the Asgard staple *cough*sigyn*cough* I actually wouldn't mind her being an ally to him in some ways. If they found a way to fix who her mother was (it had be Freya until the merged her with Freja and now they're one in the same apparently) she already has a dwaven father which could play out some interesting aspects about her skills for enchanting items as well as probably bringing in the idea that she can "unbind" magic or break spells. Could be used for or against him depending on the situation. As for myths I would think it would be easier to bring in the objects such as Freya's cloak that turns you into a falcon over say some of the actual stories. Though there are ways of doing the horse thing. Easiest way is having Loki find the foal after the mother has died and it becomes attached to him, where it thinks it's his mother. Given his shifting skills he could easily be a "Mother" figure to said foal and thus "Loki is his mother." Actually you could tell that story in less then a few panels.

Ah Vote Loki, I'm starting to think that there's something more going on there in regard to them having Thor show up in that one and then having the Thor and Jane aspect going on in TMT. Honestly I think Jane is Jane in this case for that story and Loki might be playing Thor here, maybe, though him pretending to be Jane could be reasonable if there were some conditions. Unless there's a spell and that's someone else, I want to know how this is possible. Still there is the option that was played out way back when with Donald Blake.

Short story for those that don't know it. Blake and Thor had been separated (yet again) and he wound up being trapped by Odin in some sort of sleep state and hidden in a cave. During this time Loki was in trouble for some weird reason and was a ghost, (can't remember the details) but what happened was that Sigyn, in an attempt to blackmail Odin into releasing Loki, managed to get into the cave where she woke Blake and tried to break whatever spell Odin had on him at the time. Problem was her magic wasn't strong enough, and it back fired "killing" Dr. Blake. She then created a false version of him that stayed in the cave until Thor tried to free him an he vanished, prompting Thor to think that Loki had done something to Blake, and Sigyn to admit that she had killed the doctor and replaced him.

What I'm thinking here is that there's something like that going on here. Where we see a twin of Jane that was made from magic. I'm not sure who would do it, or could do it, unless Loki is indeed behind it only he's using what he knows of Jane and may have figured things out. The only other ones are Enchantress, Freya, who's asleep and a handful of others with magic that haven't been mentioned as of this date and time.

So Halloween should be a blast at Avenger Academy, I have to wonder if there's going to be some interesting teaming up with Loki and the likes of Ghost Rider.
    If they want to bring an antagonist based on mythology, I think they should finally give Angrboda some proper focus in the comic. I could see her being an anti-villain who teams up with Cul in order to strike back at Asgard for taking away her three children. I believe she would be inspired by Demona from Gargoyles, in the fact that she is a villainess with a sympathetic backstory. She would fit into the theme of Loki wanting to let go of his past and become a better person. And Angrboda would be a part of that past that is filled with dark memories.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Angerboda_(Earth-616)

I have apparently accidentally gotten the dev team of Marvel Heroes to rename Loki's sword from Laevateinn to Gram https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...omment_3831744 (I'm also the one who suggested his sorta-kinda new boots be the Seven League Boots)

A little worrying that they did not know about Gram until I mentioned it though. I had assumed they knew, i was just explaining to another poster why Loki was getting a sword. But it does kinda explain a lot of their design choices with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I am not like against all stuff from myth. I just don't think it should be done for the sake of adding more myth ties to the books. And like you say, artifacts can easily be inserted into a story if they serve a purpose for that story. That's fine. Even some events if it's relevant to the story being told. It's just, random flashbacks to say 'this happened because mythology' is what bugs me, because that isn't a story, it's trivia.

I am pretty sure that 'Thor' was really Loki when she went to visit Nisa. It only ended up serving Loki's goals, and there were some oddities there that don't quite fit with Jane. Which, I suppose, could indicate that Loki DOESN'T know her true identity, which would add more evidence that 'Jane' in Mighty Thor is not Loki. Even though I would really like if he was.

I am still thinking Mjolnir, if it's not Loki, because anyone besides Loki who has the means has no motive for helping Jane, (I mean, why would like, Enchantress or Karnilla or whoever want to help her?) or they are currently indisposed like Freyja. And if it's Loki, his specialty is creating convincing illusions, so he has no need to actually create a construct of Jane when he can pose as her under an illusion, since it's not necessary for him to also be there as himself. I know Mjolnir has never displayed this sort of ability before, but it has done a lot for Jane that it never did for OG Thor and seems to display some sort of sentience.

Oh yeah, i almost forgot about Ghost Rider! he'd be cool.

Also fun is that I am sure there will be lots of fun costumes for the characters. And since Loki is and early unlock, he's probably gonna get one.