Page 302 of 303 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303 LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 4544
    Extraordinary Member

But Cyclops wasn't really that extreme. Except for when he was posessed by the Phoenix, he wasn't that bad. A lot of his behavior seems exaggerated by fans and writers.

It just seems dangerous for Laufey and Malekith to keep Loki around. Of course, given Loki's new status with Wolverine, who knows if that will be Loki or a Loki-offshoot.

The new news from the X-Men side also shows that a Wolverine will be involved in their Age of X-Man event. That event will go on for five months, meaning there's a good chance for overlap and we won't know the exact status of the X-Men during this time. This could imply that the Wolverine in the WotR is in fact not the 616 one, or it means the Wolverine in AoXM isn't the real one. So fun!

I guess my thing is, if Laufey suspected Loki wasn't his, would he keep him? Especially since he hated Loki and Loki had nothing to offer as a boy? If he thought his wife cheated with Odin, would he have allowed that child to live? And would no one not have noticed them missing?

He wasn't as bad as Magneto yet, but he was clearly heading in the same direction, he likely would have gotten there eventually. It was a slow heel turn, but still a heel turn. Sure, maybe Wolverine could have tried harder to talk him down, rather than take the nip it in the bud approach, but I don't think Cyke would have taken anything he had to say seriously, i mean it isn't though they liked each other, so...

And yeah, it seems dangerous for them to keep him around, but, i mean, do you want Malekith to win? Do you want Loki to fail, making him ineffectual, all his plans come to nothing? Because that is kinda what you are suggesting. Or do you want Loki to somehow talk his way into being kept around against their better judgement so he can betray them, and help win the war for the good guys? I am all for wanting stories to make some logical sense, but the bad guys making an occasional blunder is ok in my books. And keeping him there also has it's advantages, to be fair. First is simply being able to keep an eye on him, they may feel it's better they have him close than unable to keep an eye on him (even though Loki works best up close, but it would be sound strategy for most other people) and like, he's the one giving them passage between the realms, they get rid of him, it's possible they are trapped. His betrayal could be as simple as him getting Malekith to split his forces between multiple realms in strategic locations, and then cut off the Bifrost so they are divided and with no means of retreat, and turning his Bifrost over to Asgard so they can go pick apart Malekith's army piece by piece.

And why would the thing with Wolverine mean an offshoot? and why would that matter? it's all still Loki. but I really doubt we will be seeing more than the "Kid Loki" offshoot anyway, and he will probably go away soon, now that he's been found out, anyway. As I said before, i really don't think that's going to be a regular thing with him.

I doubt there will be much overlap for War of the Realms with anything but Avengers, and Asgardians of the Galaxy, at least in terms of the publishing timeline. Timelines just don't line up month to month. We don't really know how it lines up until it's all over. Like, right now we have Infinity Wars coming out at the same time as, well, pretty much everything else, and obviously they can't all be happening simultaneously. But it's just that Infinity Wars takes place over the span of a few days, and everything else being published aside from the tie-ins and Asgardians of the Galaxy happens before or after those few days, even if it ties in somehow. Like, Dr Strange only just got back to Earth in his own book quite recently, but he used the Time Gem, which he found in space, near the beginning of Infinity Wars, so everything in his book right now is obviously happening prior to Gamora trapping everyone, it's probably the same for all books out there right now. Same thing will go for War of the Realms and that X-Men thing, they more than likely will not be happening simultaneously in-universe. I suspect the X-Men one takes place a bit in the future, actually.

Loki was a child when Laufey died, and now he's an adult so 'keeping' him is an irrelevant situation there, he wasn't really given the choice to keep him or not, he was dead. We don't know what would have happened if Laufey had actually had the chance to raise him... or no, actually we do. That What If showed Laufey didn't exactly like Loki but kept him around, and was all for adopting an Asgardian that wasn't his biological son, so long as he was willing to behave a certain way. If it happened in the What If, why not in the main universe? I mean he was human/Asgardian sized in the What If, too, and they even tweaked his skin colour to not be as blue as the other Frost Giants, so his parentage was still a question there. Maybe his problems with Loki were less about him thinking Loki was not his biological son (which may not have been any more than suspicions, and we don't know how deep they ran. the impression I get is that he thinks Loki may not be 100% frost giant, which means not his, but that's the extent of it, I don't think he has any idea who the real father is, even if he did kill his wife for some suspected infidelity after Loki was born) than it did with how Loki acted, in which case he may have thought a few more beatings could whip him into shape.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-17-2018 at 11:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I just feel like Cyclops wasn't heading in that direction. He was upset that his people were being replaced by the Inhumans, but anyone would be. I mean, we all were and we weren't the ones being eaten alive by a stupid cloud. #CyclopsDeservedBetter

Actually, Loki slitting Malekith's forces would make a ton of sense and might explain why we're seeing so many characters for WotR. That is a good idea, Raye. Even if most of the battle still takes place in and around New York, it would be a good first blow.

I don't know about the offshoot, I am just trying to figure out the timeline here. But we know that if one writer starts doing it, others may follow. And it's a pretty tempting idea for Aaron to explain Loki as being in multiple places at once. I know timelines get pretty weird with these things, but I'm sort of obsessive about trying to figure out when everything happens. Normally I can wrangle something together that works for me. I think all comic book fans have their ways about this. There's not one wrong way to be about the timelines, especially since as you point out, they mostly don't make sense.

That is a good point about the What If? issue. But I think that just makes it more confusing. Loki wasn't acting the way Laufey would have wanted him to, yet he was keeping him around. Perhaps the only thing that saved him was Thor's love for him or it could be that he just stopped caring.

It was just an idea off the top of my head, i have no idea what they may do for real, just not enough there to say yet, but that could explain why Loki set up the Bifrost for Malekith.

and I think most of it fits together fairly well, you just have to keep in mind that most stories, though they take place over months, really only occupy a few days most of the time in universe, sometimes only a few hours, so there's plenty of room to fit them around other stories once it's all said and done.

for Laufey, I mean, they just gotta work with what's there. One way or the other, no matter what they do here, Laufey kept Loki for as long as he did, those are just the facts, it's what happened. If they want to tweak Loki's parentage, it's just going to have to work with that, and i don't think a detail like that should prevent them from telling that story. We don't know exactly why, but I don't think it matters too much, it's just the way it is, it can't be changed now without some seriously huge retcon action. He's awful, but apparently not quite murdering his(?) child awful. At least until he became an adult, then he tried to kill Loki, but he hasn't actually succeeded there, despite several attempts.

So... uh. That Wolverine: Infinity Watch Solicit, huh.

WOLVERINE: INFINITY WATCH #1 (OF 5)
    GERRY DUGGAN (W) • ANDY MACDONALD (A)
    Cover by Giuseppe Camuncoli
    VARIANT COVER BY MIKE McKONE
    SKRULLS VARIANT COVER BY JEE HYUNG LEE
    VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    Wolverine has finally returned, disentwined from the evil clutches of Soteira…but hang on, didn’t he have an Infinity Stone? How did THAT happen?! And wasn’t he popping up all over the place for a little while? The answers you seek are finally revealed as Logan goes cosmic alongside everyone’s favorite god of lies and stories, Loki Laufeyson!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
    It sure is a good thing I'm that weirdo who's fine with Duggan Loki :P. A Wolverine Loki buddy adventure actually sounds fun.

The kid is on the cover for Asgardians of the Galaxy too.

ASGARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #6
    CULLEN BUNN (W)
    MATTEO LOLLI (A)
    Cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    “Nothing for nothing – everything has its price.”
    In accordance with her personal code, Loki promised Angela a gift in exchange for her help against Nebula. And the debt is coming due. But Angela is about to get a whole lot more than she asked for — including a run-in with Yondu Udonta and his … new Ravagers?! Fans of Cullen Bunn, C.M. Punk and Scott Hepburn’s 2016 Drax series rejoice as Planet Terry, Pip and Kammi clash with the Asgardians!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

and here's the Asgardians of the Galaxy cover in question:

Which makes it look kinda bad, like Loki's going to do something bad to all of them, but some of the Asgardians of the Galaxy covers have been flat out lies, so not too worried at this point about that.

And Infinity Watch, i mean, normally I'd actually be on board with a Wolverine/Loki book, it's a crazy teamup of very different characters in a weird setting as far as Wolverine goes (cosmic isn't really his element) that could be fun, but... Duggan lost me, and it will take a lot to win me back at this point. At least it is only 5 issues. I was worried at first it may be some kind of new ongoing and be the primary Loki place.

Also, see what did i tell you, the X-Men thing takes place in the future, as I suspected. no worries about conflicts in terms of characters being too many places at once, no need for dupes. And I suspect that Infinity Watch takes place in the past using some time travel shenanigans, so, yeah.

BANNED

Thor #397 Nov 1988
    "When the Gods Make War"
    Thor, Hogun, Black Knight, Earth Lord and Skyhawk are all trapped inside the Black Pyramid being tortured by Grog.
    Elsewhere, Grog tortures another prisoner into complying and
    simultaneously, the Asgardians start to suffer mishaps and setbacks.
    Out on her own, Wind Warrior meets the Lost Ones.

Seth meets with Loki

to discuss the future.

Thor manages to free himself and his friends and plans to go on the offensive.

Script by Tom DeFalco, pencils by Ron Frenz, inks by Brett Breeding (pages 1-12) and Don Heck (pages 13-22)
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 11-28-2018 at 11:08 AM.

so Loki didn't seem to be in or mentioned in anything I read today, oh well.

But I did dust off the Sims. First, i added a mod to make heights adjustable, because no way was I gonna have a game where Wolverine was the same height as Thor. The height variance is not as great as i was hoping, but it's something. I went through the Asgard house and tweaked heights all round for all the adults, making Skurge the tallest (did you know his guidebook height is 7 feet? holy crap) and working my way down from there. But It took a while before i got around to making Wolverine, i wanted to finish up a few things with the Asgard house first and.... things went a bit awry....

First, of all though, can i just say what a handful playing 8 sims and 4 pets is? (thanks to a mod increasing the max number of sims you can have in a household) holy ****, that's a lot of juggling, at least Loki and Thor pretty much take care of themselves at this point, they are pretty much maxed out. But this does lead to them deciding what to do themselves quite often, and if you have ever played the Sims, you know they sometimes do some weird **** when left to their own devices, and they are generally bad at caring for themselves. Also, laggy as hell. Anyway... I was uploading screenshots and I just wanted to share screenies of the previous time i had dusted it off, cus it's kinda cute, where I had them all go to the Summer festival, and they entered a hot dog eating contest, which surprisingly Angela won, and had a water balloon fight. Which is just cute. Also there is this one random sim which keeps coming over and picks a fight with Loki, and at one point I got fed up with her, and had Loki do this to her..... so.... he had a bit of a backslide there... Also he got it into his head he wanted to become a vampire at one point, which i didn't let him do.

Ok, on to the past couple days. One thing that's funny but i forgot to get screenshots of is Tyr repeatedly coming over to talk with Thor, like, specifically, it says in the little notification in the corner he's there to see Thor, and he goes up to Thor first. And both times this has happened, he says like one thing, and Thor's like:

and literally heads into town to go to the gym to use equipment they have at home. Like, rude, Thor, and not even a good excuse. I know he was kind of a dick i the comics recently, but still. Also, due to a bug, Thor stood on the horse's back at one point which was weird. (he does have wings, but unfortunately they only show up when he's got a saddle on, which they don't always use if their riding skill is high enough)

So, was just doing some stuff and at one point Loki just kinda wandered over to the Hel house to visit them i guess, and as soon as he approached the front gate, the cow plant I had put in the yard as a trap for random sims to be eaten by.... ate Roz. Normally, the cow plant actually just spits them back out when it does that, actually killing a sim is rare. But not tonight! She was dead as a doornail. Pretty ghost tho. And then Loki milked the plant and drank her delicious life essence, because... i mean.... it was right there.... and it gives a really strong 7 day positive moodlet and reset his aging... so.... I guess he kinda got his wish to become a vampire in a weird way? But he and Thor were quite distraught over this unfortunate turn of events, all the same. Now, if i go get her remains, i can bring her back, I have a genie lamp and can wish for her to be resurrected. Also, Loki has a maxed cooking skill and can make Ambrosia, (they are Asgardians, i had to make em immortal while the normal plebs continued aging somehow) so if i make her a playable ghost, i can resurrect her that way. There are options here, is what I'm saying. but... at the same time.... this will make Thor wooing She-Hulk a lot less awkward... (at least in the game) so maybe just leave her dead for now?

And I did make Wolverine. I haven't done a lot with him yet, I only made him last night, but I got him moved in to his little rustic cabin type house (it's one of the ones the game came with) and introduced him to Thor and Loki. didn't seem like there was any reason to introduce him to anyone else, though I will take him over to the Avengers mansion to meet at the very least Cap, maybe Tony. Despite having a generally disagreeable personality, he and Loki took to each other instantly, they went from 0 to BFF in about 10 seconds flat, it was weird. Thor had to work at it a bit more, but i got them to friends level. btw. I thought i had installed a mod for his trademark bizarre hair, but all that came through was the muttonchops. But the cowboy hat works for now until i figure out what went wrong with the hair mod. And that's about as far as I've gotten, he's really only been added to the game for a bout a half hour of playtime, so not a lot has happened with him yet. But he's there for the whole cosmic adventure with Loki thing. Of course, for them to travel together i will either have to temporarily move him into the Asgard house, or move Loki into his, but will worry about that when the time comes. *edit - nevermind, just checked and there is a mod that will allow you to travel with anyone in your town, so Loki and Wolverine will be good to go, no moving required.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-29-2018 at 02:56 AM.

So, was playing the Sims again, and it actually got me curious about something in the comics. But first of all, I took Loki and Wolverine to China (cus Wolverine needed martial arts training equipment, obviously) so that all worked just fine, and they continue to be BFFs much to my batfflement, with Loki even paying surprise visits (on the back of a pegasus!) out of the blue, just to hang out. I also got Loki to give Logan a magic lamp with one wish left, and some life fruit, so Logan will have a nice long life. But the big thing is that, during Steam's recent sale, I got the Island Paradise DLC. which allows me to make both boats and mermaids. (as well as travel to the aforementioned Island Paradise) so.... Thor has his boat now!

I tried to make it match the comics as close as i was able, and I made it kinda intentionally dumpy and ugly looking, and the interior cluttered with all kinds of crap, so it is a little cramped, but I was actually able to fit a surprising amount in there, I have Thor's sculpting station, Balder's easel, and Loki's potions station (that's how they make their ludicrous amounts of money. those millions aren't from cheats, just selling art, and potions and gems that Loki collects/makes.) as well as enough beds for 4 or 5 to sleep, fully equipped kitchen, living room... cramped, but got everything. Right now i have it as an 'additional home' so they actually still mostly live in 'Asgard', but I am considering just moving Thor, Thori, Balder and maybe Loki over to the boat permanently, will reduce some of the juggling i have to do.... will decide after i see the next issue of Thor, see if he's still on it or not. more pics:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...75663903123402
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...75663903123828
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...75663903124592
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...75663903125153
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...75663903127232
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/RayeGu...75663903127667

I am actually super pleased with how that came out. Next up is making Atlantis, and Namor and friends. I will then undock it and just have it floating out there in the middle of the ocean. I will use the barge style for that, so will have a bit more room to work with. Suppose i should make the Winter Guard and Squadron Supreme as well though, if i do that, but i am running low on lots... but a boat is an option there too i suppose. i placed about 5 docks around the town that they can use. But think i am about done with Sims for a little while, have some other things to get around to.

Okay, on to the comics thing. In the game, some of the normal human characters that i created early on, such as Zelma, Strange and Squirrel Girl, aged up to 'adult' stage, ('elder' in the case of Strange) so i had Loki go around throwing potions he had mixed up at them to de-age them to make sure they wouldn't end up dying of old age on me. This got me thinking about the most recent issue of Thor, believe it or not. As mentioned before, my head canon right now is that the bit of the myths that said Loki had lived as a mortal woman for several years is true, but when they died, Loki took the message that human life was fleeting and thus worthless and not worth spending his time on. And that is why he proposed that particular plan, and why it was important that Thor's love had to die of old age. Even a god can die of a knife to the back, only a mortal can die of old age. (and it isn't really specified what happened to Loki's family in the myths beyond their brief mention, it may be a story that got lost to time, but for this story, dying of old age, or maybe a human disease, such as a plague, would work best here for the same reason) while Thor took the message that their lives are fleeting so he had to make the most of his time with them, and that the fact that they are weak compared to him means they need protecting. We have seen since Loki's resurrection that he's changed his position on this, he has made mortal friends, like Verity, the Young Avengers, Squirrel Girl, Nancy, Zelma. I'd argue they are better friends than he's had in a very long time, Verity in particular, and he recognizes that. And those relationships, I think, are helping fuel his newfound desire to save the Earth. But I think if Aaron really wants to make this point stick, that Loki has had a change of heart on this, he has to both show that original family at some point and the message Loki took from their deaths, assuming my hunch is correct, and then give Loki a new mortal love interest. It HAS to be a mortal to make the point work, though, so no Hercules or Sif, or even some elf from among the refugees or something, they must be human. So, what potential human love interests could there be for him? I mean, there is Verity as a possibility, assuming they clear up what happened to her, but since Aaron seems to have swept her aside, i kinda doubt it, and i like her and Loki as just friends, anyway. He already kissed and possibly more with Zelma, he also saw into her soul and she into his, which is a pretty strong connection, right there. She is also an Aaron creation, which may make him more likely to use her. Though, she seemed pretty upset with him over his Sorcerer Supreme deception, so... I think Iceman may work, I haven't read his most recent arc of his solo so i am not exactly sure what's going on with him on the romance front (will read it in a bit) but assuming he's free, it may work. He and Loki have a connection, although not a very positive one. Loki kidnapped him once back in the bad old days, and mucked with his powers. So.... not the best starting point, but it could also be built on if handled right. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by Raye; 12-04-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

We have a Loki sighting in Marvel Knights #3.

So I guess Cates wasn't done with him (he didn't script the issue, but he did do the plot) Last issue i thought one of the names Banner dumped on the table might have been Loki, but it was unclear, i couldn't be sure. And it was more than just a sighting, he had two pages (more, if you consider he's who Thor and Frank were chasing int he preceding pages) and seemed to remember who he really was, even if he was dressed in mortal clothes. Punk style, naturally. If any character right now embodies the ethos of Punk, it's Loki. I approve of this call, even if his voice was a lil... off... but nothing too major. And I mean, he could be like the others where he only kinda half remembers. but he seemed to know a lot, referred to Blake as his brother's ex-host, so... But it does feel like he may have more to add to the story later, considering he is one of the few who remembers.

The Marvel Knights series is a bit weird, i was expecting something much more street level, not a global scale problem like this mind re-write that seems to have affected even the gods and powerful magic users such as Wanda. But it is interesting.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-05-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I loved his look in this. And if his memory wasn't entirely rewritten, then it means he picked the outfit out himself.

I don't think it looked punked, it sort of looked like a 00s emo thing mixed with a punk thing?

Considering that he remembered not just who Frank was, but also spells and Thor, I'd say Loki wasn't effected. He seemed to just be targeting Thor/Blake, though, which means we will probably be seeing him again.

Yeah, the Marvel Knights title implies that this is just a street level thing, but this very much feels much bigger, especially with Loki and Banner and Wanda.

There seems to be some kind of weird warped perception going on, like how people didn't see Ben Grimm as his usual rocky self, but as just.... a guy. And Thor has both arms here. And it turned out Daredevil was wearing his costume under his clothes the whole time but somehow didn't realize he was wearing a spandex bodysuit until his memories started coming back, even though he had to be the one to put the damn thing on. So, just saying it's possible Loki picked it, but it could also be just how Frank perceives him due to the warped perceptions, it's a bit hard to say. I mean Frank still saw Thor as a rookie cop, so even though his memories are coming back, the warped perceptions still affect him. Either way I liked it. And yeah, i guess you are right about it being a bit emo, but I still think of Loki as punk. it's cooler, for one, and also is more fitting with his whole rebelling against the system thing.

but yeah, Loki seems to know quite a lot compared to the others. Banner, he has to have notes passed to him by the Hulk, which he has trouble making sense of, and that is what triggered the realization in Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, but they only have a sort of vague notion of who they really are, they're still struggling to remember it. Loki seems to have a more complete recollection. As you mention, his recollection of magic, and Banner, Thor/Blake, etc. But also the fact that he has the Asgardian font, but Thor does not, indicates he is speaking in the All Tongue, rather than plain old English. So, yeah, at least mentally, he seems to be pretty much himself. In fact, he seems to be trying to do exactly what Punisher and co are doing, just that he's got other characters, such as his brother, in mind for awakening their memories, but Frank kinda fucked that up, at least temporarily.

Which leads me to believe he will more than likely appear again. He probably won't be joining the team, I think that will be reserved for the true Marvel Knights characters, but I think he will have more of a part to play, in some capacity. The other characters that have appeared, they either get their memories back to one extent or another, and end up being added to the overall plot, or they don't get their memories back, and just serve as cameos to illustrate how the world is different, even if they do help move the plot along (such as Wanda and kids. also, Billy and Tommy were creeeeeeepy). I think Frank could have confronted Loki (or some other character) and had his more murderous tendencies bubble up without having to make Loki aware what is happening, (and not necessarily killing Loki in the process, either. It's the fact that he tried, showing his usual violent tendencies coming to the surface, that's important.) So Loki having his memories there wasn't actually important to that aspect of the scene, it contributed nothing in that regard, but it did let Frank know that there is at least one other person out there who may remember things. I can't see how that would be important to the plot unless it is brought up again.

So, Loki did not appear in yesterday's Avengers, continuing the whole Wolverine thing, sadly. But he did appear in Asgardians of the Galaxy, predictably and we learned some THINGS, and it had a shocker ending. I think mostly it was trying to play up why Loki is doing things the way he is doing them, because given the reactions of both Valkyrie and the Nova Corps to his presence, it does illustrate that he would have a lot of trouble acting openly. The level of trust just isn't there, they're just going to assume he's lying and has bad intentions, while, well, he IS lying, to be fair, but has good intentions.

So what did we learn?

- "Kid Loki" does seem to have a considerable level of power, which, as I have outlined before, I have some problems with, but it is what it is. He was able to do a considerable amount of magic.

- Though "Kid Loki" at first posed to Valkyrie the idea that Loki Prime was not aware of his existence, and she instantly jumped to the conclusion he was a manifestation of his guilt, much like with Fake Leah in Young Avengers, Loki later says that he was under 'strict orders' not to go to Thor unless the circumstances were 'most dire'. So it appears to me that he was just messing with Valkyrie, who was being extremely antagonistic with him, (I mean, I can see where she is coming from but still) and he actually was created by Loki Prime intentionally, though it seems Loki does not have a direct connection to him, instead relying on instructions upon his creation.

- Which brings us to - the end of the issues solidly places Loki on the right side of things here, as he did go to Thor for help when things went bad, and they learned Nebula was targeting Earth next. Not that Thor is going to be a lot of help in his present state, it appears to be up to Loki to save him next issue. The important thing though is that he did go to Thor for help, because the Earth was in danger.

- .... but he's still a little **** sometimes that likes to mess with people and create some mayhem. It just has better intentions behind it.

Extraordinary Member

This issue played with the utter creepiness of kidLoki, but then you had cute little panels of him being adorable! So cute! Reminds me why we loved him <3

I've been burned by a series with kidLoki before. I'm afraid I can't be as won over as you are. I can see why Loki would create kidLoki, but what else was he going to do with him? It seems awful for him to create him, send him to Thor, then rip him away.

As for Loki's powers, he is back to being the God of Stories. Marvel as a whole is a story, thus he has the potential to be the most powerful entity in the omniverse.