Page 104 of 303 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 4544
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

Yeah, the Skald was definitely Loki. Not only was he missing a tooth, he was missing a horn on his headdress. As I see it, Loki went back in time by 3,000 years to re-shape his story so he could be the 'god of stories' rather than the 'god of lies' he retconned his own past to escape the bad future, reshaped the stories told about him. So, basically what King Loki did, but with different intent. So I don't think the old him was so much erased as forgotten. Er, well, it may have been erased from other people's perspective, but not his own.

As for the whole 'he's not sexy' thing... I honestly think all the fanservicey stuff an how good looking he was was in itself actually a trick on the readers right from the beginning. Ewing and Garbett were trying to convince everyone it was one type of story, a fluffy fanservicey thing, when it was really something else. If all you were interested in was seeing Loki be a sexy woobie, you're gonna be disappointed, but pretty sure that was kinda the intent all along. There will be no more 'oh, poor baby' and cheeky little fanservice things. and he's definitely way more punk or metal now than tame pop.

ps. I told you all Thor had no phone.
    I totally missed that the Skald was Loki! Nice catch, guys.

Hmmm. I think it was in some ways a cheeky, fanservicey story. I also think that it was a profound story about identity and change with a heavy dose of meta-commentary. I doff my cap to Al for being able to combine both these things. *doffs cap*

I think I'll miss "our" Loki but I'm more happy than sad from this issue. He managed to accomplish what he set out to do. No wonder they hadn't released any images of him, lmao! It all becomes clear now.

I'm reserving judgement for the new model. It's hard to tell from the one picture how much they've actually changed his appearance. Definitely going for more of a raffish vibe with his hair and his jacket. That's what I read the grin as, I don't see it as being evil. He did all of this to get away from being evil, burnt pretty much everything he was for a brand new chance. And I think he managed to do it right this time. Funnily enough, he looks like he'll be more of a rebel in personality (as opposed to the last Loki, who was a traitor).

"It was only supposed to be metaphorical fire!" LMAO. Also, the magic cell reception.

And Raye, you were right about Thor re: cellphones! It is cannon now.

Edit: Ah! I hadn't seen the linked image of his concept model before, I assumed it was just another link to Lee's black and white page from the comic. Looks like they didn't change his looks that much, just scruffed him up a bit and changed his costume. And now I'm feeling torn. I was hoping he'd look similar because I do appreciate his good looks, but now I'm wondering if they should have bigger distinction or how much of a distinction (identity-wise) there is between the Lokis (this argument will never end). Also, we must now come up with more Loki prefixes, to differentiate them all #joking #notjoking
    Last edited by Riimi; 04-15-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

He does look pretty disheveled. I liked Stylish Loki.

As someone put it, we now have PeterPan Loki
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-17-2015 at 10:55 PM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Astonishing Member

He looks so disheveled but it doesn't matter, he's accepted what he truly is and doesn't care what anyone else thinks, including himself, so what more can I ask?

I don't think the peter pan look is forever, the transition is still so new, he'll have to get clothes that fit (hopefully) but yeah AoA!Loki is officially dead. I will miss him and his sexy swag quite terribly.

It's funny how each Loki has lost control of his story (Siege, Kid, AoA, King) making way to a next "generation" of sorts and no matter how many times this happens and will keep on happening, He is still Loki, no matter his characteristic (evil, benign, mischievous etc) and I love him. I just hope Al and Lee will continue with his story post SW.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    He looks so disheveled but it doesn't matter, he's accepted what he truly is and doesn't care what anyone else thinks, including himself, so what more can I ask?

I don't think the peter pan look is forever, the transition is still so new, he'll have to get clothes that fit (hopefully) but yeah AoA!Loki is officially dead. I will miss him and his sexy swag quite terribly.

It's funny how each Loki has lost control of his story (Siege, Kid, AoA, King) making way to a next "generation" of sorts and no matter how many times this happens and will keep on happening, He is still Loki, no matter his characteristic (evil, benign, mischievous etc) and I love him. I just hope Al and Lee will continue with his story post SW.
    Lee already said issue 17 will be his last. I don't know about Al. But yeah... I have to admitt that I'm sad. I really liked AoA Loki , I'll miss him. It maybe be silly since it's a fictional character, but it almost feels like I lost a friend.

Anyway... I am curious about this:

The skald 3,000 years in the past who is actually Loki from the future, and his ‘burning heart’ in a scallop shell. What exactly is going on here? I think he’s taking this form to re-define his story. But why is Thor so angry? The skald/Loki eventually calms the people and apparently calms the storm/Thor as well, but still… And what is the heart? Does the heart have something to do with why he does not remember Verity when he goes back? has he locked away a piece of himself?

Also wondering if there is significance to the fact that it is a scallop shell and not like a box or something. After a bit of quick research, it looks like the scallop can be symbolic of either female fertility or represent the setting sun and by extension death and resurrection/rebirth.

*edit - Al just said it wasn't Loki from the future, so scratch that part. Still, curious what is going on.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-15-2015 at 01:09 PM.

The skald 3,000 years in the past who is actually Loki from the future, and his ‘burning heart’ in a scallop shell. What exactly is going on here? I think he’s taking this form to re-define his story. But why is Thor so angry? The skald/Loki eventually calms the people and apparently calms the storm/Thor as well, but still… And what is the heart? Does the heart have something to do with why he does not remember Verity when he goes back? has he locked away a piece of himself?

Also wondering if there is significance to the fact that it is a scallop shell and not like a box or something. After a bit of quick research, it looks like the scallop can be symbolic of either female fertility or represent the setting sun and by extension death and resurrection/rebirth.

*edit - wait, wait... a thought is coming to me. So let's say it is a piece of himself that he's locked away for some reason. what happens if that piece is given human form? Could it be Verity? Like, is Verity a piece of Loki himself?
    is that lokis heart

Astonishing Member

*edit - Al just said it wasn't Loki from the future, so scratch that part. Still, curious what is going on.
    But he has a missing tooth and look at his headdress, the one horn is broken, just like our Loki.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicspy View Post
    As a female, I agree I'm guilty of reading it because of that too. No worries
    I mean, new...um, what are we calling this Loki? Composite Loki?

Well, he's sort of sexy.

Oh, this is easy. The Skald is the story-teller, and he, a little old man with nothing but charms and little trinkets, can change the gods into whatever he wants because he's in charge of their story. Thor isn't angry, the storm is. The Skald is just using story to explain why the storm is angry, and that there is no need for the people to really be afraid.

Loki - Agent of Asgard #13 (2015) - Seite 17.jpg
    his foot nails are black because he is a jotun ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post

Well, he's sort of sexy.

Oh, this is easy. The Skald is the story-teller, and he, a little old man with nothing but charms and little trinkets, can change the gods into whatever he wants because he's in charge of their story. Thor isn't angry, the storm is. The Skald is just using story to explain why the storm is angry, and that there is no need for the people to really be afraid.
    toothless loki ?
    He really did cease to exist ?
    Last edited by ROSA13; 04-15-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Fantastic Member

But he has a missing tooth and look at his headdress, the one horn is broken, just like our Loki.
    I assumed it was a new Loki. Metaphorically, the chipped tooth and horn would show how he acknowledged his past instead of trying to hide it. Funnily enough, I was trying to figure out how he did chip his tooth. Maybe it's the same body but a different personality? I have no idea how mythical timetravelling story-telling works. Did changing the past cause this Loki to exist or did it only allow for him to be born? I don't think it retroactively wiped out AoA Loki, it makes sense that he still existed within the current timeline, since Verity was waiting for him and remembered him. Instead of re-writing history, his time travel planted the possibility for him to become something else, which he then embraced.

Although I like the fact that he was forced to address his past, instead of trying to hide from it, I'm not sure I liked the fact that he had to alter his personality to change. Maybe for gods it's different, but I like to think people can change without having their minds re-written. It's hard, yes, but I don't think your future is set in stone by who you are today.

Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post
    I assumed it was a new Loki. Metaphorically, the chipped tooth and horn would show how he acknowledged his past instead of trying to hide it. Funnily enough, I was trying to figure out how he did chip his tooth. Maybe it's the same body but a different personality? I have no idea how mythical timetravelling story-telling works. Did changing the past cause this Loki to exist or did it only allow for him to be born? I don't think it retroactively wiped out AoA Loki, it makes sense that he still existed within the current timeline, since Verity was waiting for him and remembered him. Instead of re-writing history, his time travel planted the possibility for him to become something else, which he then embraced.

Although I like the fact that he was forced to address his past, instead of trying to hide from it, I'm not sure I liked the fact that he had to alter his personality to change. Maybe for gods it's different, but I like to think people can change without having their minds re-written. It's hard, yes, but I don't think your future is set in stone by who you are today.
    yes he is like a new person

Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post

I had the same issue. It's like for Loki to be better he has to destroy himself and hope for a better version. I was hoping for him to change and grow, not rewrite and remake himself into someone new.

BANNED

I don't know, there's still a few issues left. We might not have seen the last of AoA Loki.

I know, it's weird, but Al Ewing himself said "that's not Loki from the future" so.... *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post

Well, he's sort of sexy.

Hm... yes... but how is this particular skald special? why show him, and his little heart in the shell?
    Last edited by Raye; 04-15-2015 at 02:55 PM.