Page 101 of 303 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4544

.she treated loki like dirt .. she does not care that the old LOKI IS KILLING HIM ! but she did protects lady thor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Why do you think that?

Last edited by ROSA13; 04-09-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Guys the preview is out.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...el-comics-2015

Oh my heart...
    Not sure I like that they're making it so explicit that each Loki is a copy, I liked the vagueness so everyone was free to think what they liked best. But we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post

.she treated loki like dirt .. she does not care that the old LOKI IS KILLING HIM ! but she did protects lady thor ?

I know this is the Loki thread and all, but not every little thing has to be twisted around to make him the victim. Yeah, Freyja's been pretty shitty to him. I get that. But that doesn't make her evil incarnate, she can to do nice things for other people and it doesn't have to be about Loki. Also, it appears she's seen her mistake with Loki and is going to try and fix it. So...

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Not sure I like that they're making it so explicit that each Loki is a copy, I liked the vagueness so everyone was free to think what they liked best. But we'll see...

I know this is the Loki thread and all, but not every little thing has to be twisted around to make him the victim. Yeah, Freyja's been pretty shitty to him. I get that. But that doesn't make her evil incarnate, she can to do nice things for other people and it doesn't have to be about Loki. Also, it appears she's seen her mistake with Loki and is going to try and fix it. So...
    that's my opinion she is a asshole..and that will not change.

she wants him to stay a killer and is bad guy... it make her evil incarnate.
    Last edited by ROSA13; 04-09-2015 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    she wants him to stay a killer and is bad guy... it make her evil incarnate.
    So she makes a mistake, and she should never be forgiven for it even if she tries to make it right? Why does Loki deserve a second chance and not her?

ufff...that preview, this is going to hurt, again
    I see the whole "copy" thing like something that is true, but Loki use as an excuse to drift apart from his old self and believe that he can be different, but at the same time it could be use to make him look like an object, even if he is as genuine as the others, but we know how self-estructive Loki is, so his own thoughts can hurt him so much, he is the greatest victim of his lies,and this is not the first time (in my head was more easy to explain ) maybe the great lie or truth that will save him is that he isnīt a copy (Odin said he has to remember what a lie is)

Frigga was an asshole with him, thatīs true, but she seemed sorry, so Iīll give her a second chance, itīs what this series is about, isnīt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    ufff...that preview, this is going to hurt, again
    I see the whole "copy" thing like something that is true, but Loki use as an excuse to drift apart from his old self and believe that he can be different, but at the same time it could be use to make him look like an object, even if he is as genuine as the others, but we know how self-estructive Loki is, so his own thoughts can hurt him so much, he is the greatest victim of his lies,and this is not the first time (in my head was more easy to explain ) maybe the great lie or truth that will save him is that he isnīt a copy (Odin said he has to remember what a lie is)
    As said in the preview thread in response to something Rosebunse said, I am kinda coming around to the idea, and think it may be that he has to take part of both Siege and Kid Loki into himself to like, power himself up enough to face King Loki, maybe. He's fragmented, and needs to be made whole, even if that means taking some bad (Siege) along with the good (Kid). Also, I guess this could all be in his head, we can't say for sure.

Frigga was an asshole with him, thatīs true, but she seemed sorry, so Iīll give her a second chance, itīs what this series is about, isnīt it?
    Exactly. I mean, I guess I can see how this can be viewed as her playing favorites, but I don't think trying to save someone's life should ever be viewed as a negative.

Also, it looks lie she and Thor will have some help from the people on Thor's list. You know who was on that list at the bottom, right? So this may even be addressed to an extent in the issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    So she makes a mistake, and she should never be forgiven for it even if she tries to make it right? Why does Loki deserve a second chance and not her?
    This is the truth. If we can forgive Loki, but not forgive her for her mistake, we've learned nothing, and are just as bad as the people who hate on Loki.

Well... it depends. Just like Loki, she has to show remorse for what she did to him and try to be a better mother. Fighting King Loki is good, but if she's just trying to correct her mistake for trusting him and not think of AoA Loki at all, she doesn't earn my forgiveness.

Extraordinary Member

She was freaking crying about it after she exiled Loki. She does regret it. Besides, it has to start somewhere. And I honestly think she's mad at Odin for more than Loki. Heck, she probably doesn't even know he helped Loki.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

My guess is that she's upset about Cul or there could be the possibility that Cul is controlling some of Odin's actions. All could be the long Con that he's playing too on his wife. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's the case. I think Frigga should be given a second chance, but that Loki shouldn't forget what happened, at least until both of them can come to terms with things. And yes I do think he's going to need to take in parts of Seige and the Kid. What has Odin been telling him, "What are lies? Stories. Who tells the stories? He does. What does one need to be a hero, not just power or being good, but humility and have the wisdom to know that you sometimes will be taking a stand against what others will see as the right thing, even though you know they're probably in the wrong, and it will be hard." that's what I've been getting off of Odin.

In regard to Loki being Gender fluid, I'm going with Raye on this one and agree with the non binary term. Loki seems to be more comfortable in male form most of the time, even when he's changing species it's to a male version of himself. The one thing that I think a lot of fans of Lady Loki keep forgetting is that Lady Loki the first wasn't the real form his female form should have taken. That was Sif's body he was using for his time as the fem loki. I really sort of wish they would change her looks some to make her more something that is associated with him rather then a reminder that "Oh yeah Loki stole sif's body, did who knows what to it with certain people that he was around, and then, when he's tired of it, gives it up, at the point where she's nearly dead." Yeah it was a dumb move then, and is still a dumb move now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    My guess is that she's upset about Cul or there could be the possibility that Cul is controlling some of Odin's actions. All could be the long Con that he's playing too on his wife. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's the case. I think Frigga should be given a second chance, but that Loki shouldn't forget what happened, at least until both of them can come to terms with things. And yes I do think he's going to need to take in parts of Seige and the Kid. What has Odin been telling him, "What are lies? Stories. Who tells the stories? He does. What does one need to be a hero, not just power or being good, but humility and have the wisdom to know that you sometimes will be taking a stand against what others will see as the right thing, even though you know they're probably in the wrong, and it will be hard." that's what I've been getting off of Odin.
    I think Odin really is upset about the hammer-in KingLoki's alt future, he was tasked with its retrieval. Furthermore, Cul was shown to be a co-ruler with Freya and Odin in the far future (when Loki defeated Ultron), making me think that he had to broker some sort of peace between them. Several people, iirc, have mentioned theories about an upcoming split in Asgard (with Raye being the most prominent proponent); Cul's presence on the throne makes me view this outcome as more likely. To be sure, I think Cul is stirring the pot as much as possible...eventually, I want Loki to have to face the dilemma where he's sure Cul's evil-"faking repentance is the oldest trick in the damn book! I'd know, I wrote it!" - but can't accuse him without looking like a complete hypocrite. Fun for another day, I suppose.

Anyways, my original point was: I think Odin can be acting correctly in how he's currently treating Loki but be wrong in other areas. Vice versa with Freya. I also agree that she deserves a second chance.

No clue about Loki' s eventual fate, although I think the comment about them being copies could just be Siege!Loki's opinion. Kid Loki, after all, contradicts him directly after, stating that he won his own ending. YYMV?

Yeah, exactly Just because a person is wrong in one area of their life, it doesn't mean they are wrong in ALL areas of their life. Freyja can do good and bad things, just like Loki, and Odin and even Thor. All of them have things they do that are good, as well as things that are bad. Some lean more one way than the other, but still. So just because she did some bad things to Loki, it doesn't mean she isn't also capable of doing something good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    What she's upset about in the Thor preview was explained pretty clearly last issue. She found out that Odin had sent the Destroyer (under the control of Cul) to kill Lady Thor and get Mjolnir back. Odin sees her taking the hammer as theft, and he will stop at nothing to get Asgard's property back. The page above is her trying to enlist Dude Thor to help her stop the Destroyer. (and Thor in turn suggests getting everyone on his list to fight, though I would assume Jane is excused. And that's how we find out her identity, process of elimination. He gets everyone on the list all in one place while new Thor is active, see who is missing, and the missing person must be under the helmet) If you're talking about her crying in the last issue of Loki, I think that was her realizing just what she had done, and how badly she had been played. So her going after King Loki may be in part her being angry at having been tricked, but I do think there is some regret over what she did to Loki in there as well.

Astonishing Member

I love what Ewing is doing with Loki, I really do. It's so fascinating, the many layers, using what's already gone before him to shape and change him and at the same time not (if this make sense).

I think in these three pages he's made me a little more than okay with either Loki surviving because I trust what he's doing with the character. If we get Siege Loki, we won't be getting a reset, he may be more self aware than before and not so one dimensional-ly evil. If it's Kid Loki, we'll get all that innocence back but with more added wisdom of the two other Loki's but with less corruption and if AoA Loki lives, then he "wins", having defeated his worst nature and changing for the better and accepting himself despite Asgard not acknowledging/believing him. However this story plays out, Loki IS fragmented (mentally and emotionally),. We've said in earlier posts about current Loki running away from himself by running awayf from his "fate" as king Loki presents him, we see with the many different versions of 616 Loki that is so unlike the alternate universe Lokis, who are conspicuously absent at the moment. All these "dissociative personalities" of Loki need to be one again. Loki just needs to "merge" all of himself, the good, the bad and the ugly but overcome his evil tendencies in order to truly change and "win" in the end. I think Siege Loki is just pissed his time is over so he'll call all the other Loki's "copies" and pretenders of sort because he was the 'original' and the others have forged their own paths that are vastly different from his end goal, it's just sour grapes imo and not necessarily fact.

I do wish we knew what actually happens with/to Loki in SW/Battleworld.

Edit:
    I have no issues with Frejya any more than I do Odin. They have both been terrible to Loki and 99,99% it's been deserved so I can't really hate them for it but I also can't ignore that they've also been good to him. I don't condone their actions at all, and it makes me sad when they mistreat Loki because I love him best out of the entire Asgardian crew so I am seriously biased, but Loki has done quite an awful lot to merit this treatment. It's not fun to watch when we see him trying to be good and suddenly no one is bothered with treating him fairly because he burnt his bridges.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 04-10-2015 at 03:55 AM.