Page 111 of 303 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 4544

I'm just de-lurking. I was too lazy to make an account.

Quote Originally Posted by God of Chaos View Post
    So now that Loki is God of Stories does that mean he can manipulate/control anything and anyones past? Or can he control what was, is, and will be, akin to reality warping because if thats the case he can make anything he wants come to fruition.
    I doubt it because having someone being able to do that on whim doesn't make for a very good story as he would be too powerful to ever do anything with (outside of breaking him out when they want to retcon something). With the nature of his role that might actually be worked in as the reason why he can't. We'll see.
    Last edited by AlmightyJellyfish; 04-17-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    I've mostly just been lurking. I have a lot more free time right now so I can actually join in on the discussion/vent about how my copy of vol 2 keeps getting delayed.

EDIT to avoid doublepost: anyone else think that AoA is gonna end with Storyteller Loki retconning King Loki out of existence?
    See, this is why I read digitally But yeah, I bet that's frustrating, and I would like to own the trades as well, I like having physical copies of my favorites.

And it is possible. If they are both trying to control the same story, that can't work out very well, one of them has to go, and that's one way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    See, this is why I read digitally But yeah, I bet that's frustrating, and I would like to own the trades as well, I like having physical copies of my favorites.
    Digital is definitely easier and cheaper to work around but I got to tell you, it feels good to actually hold the art in your hands. Feels more intimate.

And it is possible. If they are both trying to control the same story, that can't work out very well, one of them has to go, and that's one way to do it.
    I keep picturing that scene from the Doctor Who Comic Relief special where the Doctor and the Master keep taking turns setting up traps and escapes in each others' traps and escapes.
    https://youtu.be/Do-wDPoC6GM?t=2m2s
    Last edited by marvelousmetalmouse; 04-17-2015 at 08:05 PM.

Just curious about something. We've had like, a lot of new posters in this thread recently, are you all just de-lurking, or finding the thread recently? if the latter, how did you find it? Just curious is all.
    I've been lurking for a couple months. I found this thread when I was googling some random theory I had about the direction of the AoA plot to see if anyone else had thought of the same thing and kept coming back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But doesn't everyone have different criteria for this? To some, a good story must have a lesson, while for others it's all about a good plot, and for other people it's all about the characters. I think the only real criteria is that a good story is entertaining.

That's a good point about different criteria. Can go two ways...either Loki's power works slightly differently depending on who he's working with, or it has to work with mass numbers, so these different criteria cancel out over all the potential listeners. Because in order for it to be entertaining, you're still depending on an audience. And it has to make sense to THEM as well as have internal sense...

One power I think this new Loki must have is knowing how a story ends, or at least having an idea. Maybe that's why he needs Verity, because there's chance for a satisfying ending without her.
    Hmmm...again, quite possible, and it ties on how powerful it is and how likely it will stick in reality or an audience. A sloppy story with no idea how to end falls apart quickly and is not accepted by the audience (or reality). But a well made story, with a definitely point and ending...well, that gets accepted. And it gets retold. And it gets pieced into reality....

As like the others have been mentioning, i've been lurking for awhile now in this thread. I used to just lurk on the DC forums, but I haven't been happy with the New 52 lately and DC has become less interesting to me over time as the only superheros on that side I like is Batman and Robin and The Flash (Pre-52 Wally West, Barry is boring imo). I actually only started reading comics about 2 years ago and it was sometime last year that I started reading Marvel with Spider-man and then later Mark Waids Daredevil and fell in love with both characters. So I started browsing through the Marvel forums and I stumbled across this thread and I was surprised Loki had an ongoing solo series. So I was curious and picked up the first issue and here I am. I come back in this thread periodically to read your guy's wonderful theories. This is probably one of the most positive threads in CBR imo.
    Last edited by Toxicspy; 04-17-2015 at 10:33 PM.

BANNED

I think they will replace his broken tooth.sure he gets a new tooth.

Verity Willis will hold his hand if he goes to the dentist.

my nickname for new loki is neo Loki.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seastone View Post
    I've been lurking for a couple months. I found this thread when I was googling some random theory I had about the direction of the AoA plot to see if anyone else had thought of the same thing and kept coming back.

I'm new here too .

BANNED

Thor kissed lady thor but thor still thinks it might be loki,,,
    I bet he has kissed Loki before he is still on his list

I don't mind the broken horn and missing tooth, it adds character. Less fond of douche grin, hopefully that isn't his default expression.

Anyway wasn't it this version of Loki that was on a page of God of Thunder 25? sneaky spoiler? I can't tell from the concept art or panel if his ears are now pointed as well.
    Last edited by AlmightyJellyfish; 04-18-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Spectacular Member

What's cool also is that Loki being the god of stories aligns so well with his title of Silvertongue and just the whole, general concept of him being an excellent and renowned story teller. There was even a scene in "The Trials of Loki" I remember where Loki was shown to tell stories for the entirety of the court every morning, and all the other gods would gather around just to listen to him.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, that sneer is definitely not winning.

I suppose the grin without a tooth could represent the image of a mischievous child (that image of a little kid missing a baby tooth, always up to no good that we often see on cartoons)... Personally, I would like him to have all his teeth, but the face and the hair are what I like less about the redesign. I love anime, so I'm all for spiky hair, but I don't think it quite works on Loki. It would look better messy in my opinion, not all up in the hair like he touched something with static electricity.

Lee Garbett sent me another answer in private (so I can't sent you guys a link, but I swear I'm not lying), and he said this about the original concept: "Looking at it fresh, I can see a lot going for the original. His hair is probably better. "

As for New Loki's power, absolute power corrupts absolutely, so he needs to have limitations to what he can do, or else he'd be too much overpowered.

One thing I've been wondering about is that now King Loki thinks young Loki is dead, and he'll go back to Asgard and face Freyja. So, he's probably going to to tell her that young Loki blew himself up. I really, really want to see her reaction and I hope she shows sadness or even anger, some sort of emotion for her adopted child. That might start to redeem her in my eyes. I also wonder how the other Asgardians are going to react.
    Last edited by kaimaciel; 04-18-2015 at 04:52 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    I suppose the grin without a tooth could represent the image of a mischievous child (that image of a little kid missing a baby tooth, always up to no good that we often see on cartoons)... Personally, I would like him to have all his teeth, but the face and the hair are what I like less about the redesign. I love anime, so I'm all for spiky hair, but I don't think it quite works on Loki. It would look better messy in my opinion, not all up in the hair like he touched something with static electricity.

Lee Garbett sent me another answer in private (so I can't sent you guys a link, but I swear I'm not lying), and he said this about the original concept: "Looking at it fresh, I can see a lot going for the original. His hair is probably better. "

As for New Loki's power, absolute power corrupts absolutely, so he needs to have limitations to what he can do, or else he'd be too much overpowered.

One thing I've been wondering about is that now King Loki thinks young Loki is dead, and he'll go back to Asgard and face Freyja. So, he's probably going to to tell her that young Loki blew himself up. I really, really want to see her reaction and I hope she shows sadness or even anger, some sort of emotion for her adopted child. That might start to redeem her in my eyes. I also wonder how the other Asgardians are going to react.
    i wonder if Loki wants them to think he is dead?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicspy View Post
    As like the others have been mentioning, i've been lurking for awhile now in this thread. I used to just lurk on the DC forums, but I haven't been happy with the New 52 lately and DC has become less interesting to me over time as the only superheros on that side I like is Batman and Robin and The Flash (Pre-52 Wally West, Barry is boring imo). I actually only started reading comics about 2 years ago and it was sometime last year that I started reading Marvel with Spider-man and then later Mark Waids Daredevil and fell in love with both characters. So I started browsing through the Marvel forums and I stumbled across this thread and I was surprised Loki had an ongoing solo series. So I was curious and picked up the first issue and here I am. I come back in this thread periodically to read your guy's wonderful theories. This is probably one of the most positive threads in CBR imo.
    Yeah, I love this thread, mostly because we actually discuss things and, for the most part, all of the posters are pretty nice. I partially hope we get another Loki ongoing just so that this thread can stay active.