Page 112 of 303 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 4544

I really like the missing tooth and broken horn, though I also think they may be red herrings in the story. They both seem to point to Barefoot Loki being a continuation of Burnt Up Loki and, beyond that, emblematize that this transformation is his choice and one he's sticking with. However, given the history of the series, they could both just as easily be signifiers signifying nothing, making an overt connection between Burnt and Barefoot that doesn't actually exist. They could be our Jesus on Toast that only points to a malfunctioning toaster.

new loki.jpg

I wonder if Esab Ribic and Jason Aaron knew all along?

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    new loki.jpg

I wonder if Esab Ribic and Jason Aaron knew all along?
    koko.jpg

Well, here's the answer

Also, I've asked Al about how to address the different Lokis in 616, since I usually update the Marvel Wikipedia. I asked him if they are the different chapters of the same story or different characters. I also asked him about the New Loki and if we should create a different wiki page for him. He answered me in private, so I'm not sure if I should reveal it. This isn't like with Lee's answers since they were just about his design...

What do you guys think? Should I tell what he answered?

Also, I've asked Al about how to address the different Lokis in 616, since I usually update the Marvel Wikipedia. I asked him if they are the different chapters of the same story or different characters. I also asked him about the New Loki and if we should create a different wiki page for him. He answered me in private, so I'm not sure if I should reveal it. This isn't like with Lee's answers since they were just about his design...

Did you make it clear in your exchange with him that you were going to share it with the public?

No, that's why I'm hesitant... Maybe I should stay quiet. Sorry.

BANNED

koko.jpg

Well, here's the answer
    he is still beautiful..I'm sure he gets new teeth in the future.

BANNED

I want to know it.
    please tell me!
    Last edited by markstony; 04-18-2015 at 10:38 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Awwwvenger
    Did you make it clear in your exchange with him that you were going to share it with the public?
    No, that's why I'm hesitant... Maybe I should stay quiet. Sorry.
    Aw, now you're just teasing us! JK
    How about asking him if he minds if you share? I'd really like to know the answer to that too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryochan View Post
    Aw, now you're just teasing us! JK
    How about asking him if he minds if you share? I'd really like to know the answer to that too!
    I've asked him. I'm just waiting for his answer.
    Last edited by kaimaciel; 04-18-2015 at 11:48 AM.

I suppose the grin without a tooth could represent the image of a mischievous child (that image of a little kid missing a baby tooth, always up to no good that we often see on cartoons)... Personally, I would like him to have all his teeth, but the face and the hair are what I like less about the redesign. I love anime, so I'm all for spiky hair, but I don't think it quite works on Loki. It would look better messy in my opinion, not all up in the hair like he touched something with static electricity.

Lee Garbett sent me another answer in private (so I can't sent you guys a link, but I swear I'm not lying), and he said this about the original concept: "Looking at it fresh, I can see a lot going for the original. His hair is probably better. "

As for New Loki's power, absolute power corrupts absolutely, so he needs to have limitations to what he can do, or else he'd be too much overpowered.

One thing I've been wondering about is that now King Loki thinks young Loki is dead, and he'll go back to Asgard and face Freyja. So, he's probably going to to tell her that young Loki blew himself up. I really, really want to see her reaction and I hope she shows sadness or even anger, some sort of emotion for her adopted child. That might start to redeem her in my eyes. I also wonder how the other Asgardians are going to react.
    I think the hair is intended to simply be messy, this Loki has no time for hair gel. It's just there's only so many ways you can depict that in a drawing, particularly without getting more detailed than a comic book's schedule would allow.

I'm actually not so sure Freyja would necessarily remember any of it. Think of Verity's reaction, 'who the hell are you?' I mean, are ratty clothes and messy hair enough for her to not recognize her best friend? How many other people does she know who go around dressed in green wearing golden horned headdresses? I know the epilogue said she looked for him, but I'm thinking that at some point SHE forgot him as well. think about it. In order to become the god of stories, Loki had to do some SERIOUS retcons to his past. He only met Verity because he was doing missions for the All-Mother. He was only doing missions for the All-Mother to erase his past deeds to stop being the god of lies/evil. If he was NEVER THE GOD OF LIES, what reason would he have to do missions for the All-Mother? hence, he never met Verity. King Loki still remembers because he's outside the story, but everyone else may not remember the old Loki at all. The entire MU may have been retconned in order to facilitate this change, and it's just that it all gets blown up like 5 minutes later so we can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicspy View Post
    As like the others have been mentioning, i've been lurking for awhile now in this thread. I used to just lurk on the DC forums, but I haven't been happy with the New 52 lately and DC has become less interesting to me over time as the only superheros on that side I like is Batman and Robin and The Flash (Pre-52 Wally West, Barry is boring imo). I actually only started reading comics about 2 years ago and it was sometime last year that I started reading Marvel with Spider-man and then later Mark Waids Daredevil and fell in love with both characters. So I started browsing through the Marvel forums and I stumbled across this thread and I was surprised Loki had an ongoing solo series. So I was curious and picked up the first issue and here I am. I come back in this thread periodically to read your guy's wonderful theories. This is probably one of the most positive threads in CBR imo.
    I used to hang out a lot in the DC forums after the New 52 hit but it... ended up being a disappointment, most Batman stuff and a couple others aside. Especially since I was going into the New 52 as a Wildstorm fan and... those characters were just treated so, so badly.... I also have traditionally been mostly a Marvel fan, so it's the universe i have the most connection with. My first superhero comics were X-Men stuff. (first comic period was Sandman trades, though) so I left CBR entirely for a while, but then they rebooted the forums, and this thread was created about then when i was checking things out. I posted in it, but then wandered away again... but I ended up coming back, can't remember exactly why. I like this thread because it mostly stays positive, and it's real discussion, not just fluff talk. I mean, we argue sometimes, I sometimes get frustrated and end up snapping, same goes for others i'm sure, but generally... I mean go look at some of the Thor threads and it's just night and day. I'm not entirely sure why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by A Silver Quickly View Post
    I really like the missing tooth and broken horn, though I also think they may be red herrings in the story. They both seem to point to Barefoot Loki being a continuation of Burnt Up Loki and, beyond that, emblematize that this transformation is his choice and one he's sticking with. However, given the history of the series, they could both just as easily be signifiers signifying nothing, making an overt connection between Burnt and Barefoot that doesn't actually exist. They could be our Jesus on Toast that only points to a malfunctioning toaster.
    I like to think that Loki CHOSE to keep the broken horn, same goes for the tooth, as reminders of what he is fighting against and for. But those reminders are just for him, no one else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I think the hair is intended to simply be messy, this Loki has no time for hair gel. It's just there's only so many ways you can depict that in a drawing, particularly without getting more detailed than a comic book's schedule would allow.

I'm actually not so sure Freyja would necessarily remember any of it. Think of Verity's reaction, 'who the hell are you?' I mean, are ratty clothes and messy hair enough for her to not recognize her best friend? How many other people does she know who go around dressed in green wearing golden horned headdresses? I know the epilogue said she looked for him, but I'm thinking that at some point SHE forgot him as well. think about it. In order to become the god of stories, Loki had to do some SERIOUS retcons to his past. He only met Verity because he was doing missions for the All-Mother. He was only doing missions for the All-Mother to erase his past deeds to stop being the god of lies/evil. If he was NEVER THE GOD OF LIES, what reason would he have to do missions for the All-Mother? hence, he never met Verity. King Loki still remembers because he's outside the story, but everyone else may not remember the old Loki at all. The entire MU may have been retconned in order to facilitate this change, and it's just that it all gets blown up like 5 minutes later so we can't tell.

I used to hang out a lot in the DC forums after the New 52 hit but it... ended up being a disappointment, most Batman stuff and a couple others aside. Especially since I was going into the New 52 as a Wildstorm fan and... those characters were just treated so, so badly.... I also have traditionally been mostly a Marvel fan, so it's the universe i have the most connection with. My first superhero comics were X-Men stuff. (first comic period was Sandman trades, though) so I left CBR entirely for a while, but then they rebooted the forums, and this thread was created about then when i was checking things out. I posted in it, but then wandered away again... but I ended up coming back, can't remember exactly why. I like this thread because it mostly stays positive, and it's real discussion, not just fluff talk. I mean, we argue sometimes, I sometimes get frustrated and end up snapping, same goes for others i'm sure, but generally... I mean go look at some of the Thor threads and it's just night and day. I'm not entirely sure why that is.

I like to think that Loki CHOSE to keep the broken horn, same goes for the tooth, as reminders of what he is fighting against and for. But those reminders are just for him, no one else.
    they all forgot loki ? ASGARD think loki is dead?
    he has no memories of his past life?

Quote Originally Posted by markstony View Post
    they all forgot loki ? ASGARD think loki is dead?
    he has no memories of his past life?
    No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying his past has changed, so some people may not remember him any more. not EVERYONE. I'm sure his family remembers him, they just may not remember everything he did.

Of course, this is all based on very little, we have to wait and see until next issue to say for sure.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-18-2015 at 12:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying his past has changed, so some people may not remember him any more. not EVERYONE. I'm sure his family remembers him, they just may not remember everything he did.

Of course, this is all based on very little, we have to wait and see until next issue to say for sure.
    THANK GOD.i wonder if his family think he is dead.he was gone for eight months.

Spectacular Member

I got this commission of Loki from Jeff Dekal. Thought you guys might like to see it!

photo 1 (48).jpg

Little clearer version too:

photo 2 (47).jpg
    Last edited by cosmicjoke21; 04-18-2015 at 01:47 PM.