Page 14 of 303 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

lee garbett art:

He can hardly bear to look… but at what?!!!
    tumblr_ndynm3xULr1sj4furo1_500.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    lee garbett art:

He can hardly bear to look… but at what?!!!
    tumblr_ndynm3xULr1sj4furo1_500.jpg
    I bet it's Hero Loki. King Loki knows something about this inversion, that's for sure...

Lee also posted these:

and said: "With the next couple of issues tying in so closely to Axis, it’s proving hard to post images that aren’t spoilerific or riffing on stuff happening in other books. Bear with me. I’ll post what I can (get away with) when I can. "

so I suspect we will see mostly King Loki teases and extreme closeups from him over the next little while

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Lee also posted these:

and said: "With the next couple of issues tying in so closely to Axis, it’s proving hard to post images that aren’t spoilerific or riffing on stuff happening in other books. Bear with me. I’ll post what I can (get away with) when I can. "

so I suspect we will see mostly King Loki teases and extreme closeups from him over the next little while
    I can live with this. His Loki is so damn hot...

But it is good to know how required the Loki tie-ins are to the main event. It doesn't feel like Remender is using them to tell the whole story, unlike Fear Itself where it felt like Fraction was piggy-backing on everyone else.

Extraordinary Member

Technically, didn't Thor become unworthy that time more because Loki was gaining more and more control over him?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Technically, didn't Thor become unworthy that time more because Loki was gaining more and more control over him?
    I wonder is the old King loki really a real person ? or just an imagination of thor ?

Freyja comes out as uncaring, cold and dismissive of Loki’s pain..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ROSA13; 10-25-2014 at 08:45 AM.

I knew I should feel worried about Future Thor wanting to kill Loki.
    tumblr_n6nokbAFAZ1rgxa8wo2_500.jpg

... Imagination of Thor? how...? I don't think he's real, but Thor's imagination, that makes no sense. This is what I think he is: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/9577...-asgard-theory and I realized after I wrote that that this is likely the entire reason for Gram being given to Loki, and for King Loki to mess with it's history to make it more powerful. In JIM, Loki needed the shadow of a powerful sword to do his writing, and he used Twilight's shadow, but that involved making a deal with Surtur and all, which led to other problems down the line, obviously, so less than ideal. Well, now I think Gram may be powerful enough to use, so Loki has a sword he can use the shadow of any time he likes. Also, the shadow of sword of truth used for writing stuff like this is very fitting.

King Loki had been worming his way into Thor for a while prior to that, and had made him act badly in a number of other ways, yet he remained worthy up until the very second he decided to kill Loki. One second he's carrying it fine but the instant he says he's going to kill him, bam, drops the hammer. so no, I don't think King Loki infecting him was the sole reason, except that it was King Loki that made him willing to kill Loki in the first place.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-25-2014 at 09:05 AM.

... Imagination of Thor? how...? I don't think he's real, but Thor's imagination, that makes no sense. This is what I think he is: http://rayegunn.tumblr.com/post/9577...-asgard-theory and I realized after I wrote that that this is likely the entire reason for Gram being given to Loki, and for King Loki to mess with it's history to make it more powerful. In JIM, Loki needed the shadow of a powerful sword to do his writing, and he used Twilight's shadow, but that involved making a deal with Surtur and all, which led to other problems down the line, obviously, so less than ideal. Well, now I think Gram may be powerful enough to use, so Loki has a sword he can use the shadow of any time he likes. Also, the shadow of sword of truth used for writing stuff like this is very fitting.

Loki had been worming his way into Thor for a while prior to that, and had made him act badly in a number of other ways, yet he remained worthy up until the very second he decided to kill Loki. One second he's carrying it fine but the instant he says he's going to kill him, bam, drops the hammer. so no, I don't think King Loki infecting him was the sole reason, except that it was King Loki that made him willing to kill Loki in the first place.
    wow this is interesting he's just a story.but where is the real OLD loki ?

In the future, he hasn't been shown. (yet) He never left, no time travel has occurred, in the strictest sense.

OH! and I wrote that prior to the bit with Doom. If you think about it, that scene adds more support for the idea. Think about it, how INCREDIBLY UNLIKELY is it that with TENS OF THOUSANDS of years to work with for time, and the ENTIRE PLANET at his disposal, King Loki and Doom end up in Latveria at the exact same instant in the future? That's just.... no. The odds are just astronomically small that a coincidence of that magnitude could occur. BUT! If you have Future Loki sitting there scribbling away in a book and he comes across a passage about Doom visiting the future, it's easy enough for him to add 'And he met Loki... blah blah blah' and suddenly it (and the bizarre nightmarish imagery) makes sense.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-25-2014 at 09:18 AM.

You guys do realize that the skull future Loki was hanging out with when doom appears in the future is basically red skull. Axis could have more to do with Loki than people think
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Amora The Enchantress Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel

Extraordinary Member

In the future, he hasn't been shown. (yet) He never left, no time travel has occurred, in the strictest sense.

OH! and I wrote that prior to the bit with Doom. If you think about it, that scene adds more support for the idea. Think about it, how INCREDIBLY UNLIKELY is it that with TENS OF THOUSANDS of years to work with for time, and the ENTIRE PLANET at his disposal, King Loki and Doom end up in Latveria at the exact same instant in the future? That's just.... no. The odds are just astronomically small that a coincidence of that magnitude could occur. BUT! If you have Future Loki sitting there scribbling away in a book and he comes across a passage about Doom visiting the future, it's easy enough for him to add 'And he met Loki... blah blah blah' and suddenly it (and the bizarre nightmarish imagery) makes sense.
    It's obvious King Loki meant to meet Doom there. The question comes down to whether King Loki is trying to prevent the bad future, or ensure that it happens.

Now, I'm coming down to his trying to prevent it, since it would be too obvious for it to be any other way. Loki getting sucked into Axis means that Loki get inverted, fights a crazed Thor, and later loses his ability to lie, which forces him to come clean to Thor and everyone about what he did to kid Loki. He probably loses his ability to lie after doing something with his truth sword to save everyone during Axis, which would set him up for full redemption, if it wasn't for the thing with kid Loki. However, him having to tell Thor about kid Loki also forces him to come clean and gives him a chance to base his redemption on something full and better than a lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicGirl View Post
    You guys do realize that the skull future Loki was hanging out with when doom appears in the future is basically red skull. Axis could have more to do with Loki than people think
    So, you think the Skull he has is Red Skull, or that Future Loki is Red Skull?

So, you think the Skull he has is Red Skull, or that Future Loki is Red Skull?
    I think the skull that future Loki has is.the red skull. Recall how he said "No Spoilers"
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Amora The Enchantress Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel