Page 151 of 303 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 4544

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Attachment 29139

Oh boy...

I'm pretty sure Loki is just pretending to be evil again.
    Whats with his facial hair?
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."

Amazing Member

This doesn't look good. Someone said on twitter they were upset by the Last page and Jason Aaron replied "Ha sorry. Maybe you should stop reading now. It looks like they are going with the villian route with Loki once again. That's ashame espeically with everything Loki went thorough to redeem himself.

On another note I loved The first issue

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Before i read i was worried that Loki would be all evil playing with the heroes, but now that i see him trying to join the Realms version of the Masters of Evil while planning to kill Thor i am sure he will be a goodie guy.

Quote Originally Posted by theilikepie View Post
    Whats with his facial hair?
    Woke up late?

Fantastic Member

I figured when I read the issue that he was just infiltrating the bad guys because of course he is, with the added bonus that they (ie, the creators) can keep us guessing. The twitter remark is slightly worrying, but I'd hardly expect Aaron to give away his plans. I don't plan on worrying until after the third issue, since it seems like he's going to fight Thor next issue. Given Loki's track record -- as well as everyone else's--against Thor, they probably won't deny him entry if he fails to kill her, as long as he shows willing, which means he just has to put on a good show. Which is arguably the thing Loki's best at! Third issue, we know from solicits that they talk. Although he could very well lie to Thor, I suppose, I'd be willing to give him some benefit of the doubt.

Not sure how much Aaron is following his story from Agent of Asgard, or else we'd know from the existence of Asgard in the new universe that he wasn't evil. Sure, the old one would have likely restored Asgard, but would have tried to do so in a way that left him in charge or greatly increased his standing, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Interesting that his brother's lost/hiding. Probably won't let that state of affairs last for too terribly long, if he can do anything about it.

Yeah, I don't think we have to worry that much. Jason Aaron was probably just teasing on twitter. I think Laufey is in the right here, he knows his son. Loki can not be trusted. But that’s not a bad thing here. Pretty sure Loki is infiltrating Malekith’s little evil club, spying on them, maybe will attempt to take them down from the inside. I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes, especially his interactions with Laufey. Does Laufey know that it was Loki that finished him off way back when? I am also glad that Dauterman made the new staff to look much less like the movie scepter. I did not like that they looked so similar.

Amazing Member

I think you all might be right. I think Loki is pretending to join Malekith to get information about the dark council. I shouldn't worry but I can't help it....Loki is frustrating in a good way :P

I think on another note that is the lull of Loki's character that he's a complete mystery now and very unpredictable that it's hard to really know what he;s going to do and what he's all about. One thing is for sure I doubt he would go evil again espeically with everything he's been through, maybe antagonistic at times.

I'm looking forward to Thor's and Loki's interactions with each other.

This isn't about Loki but I'm surprised at some of the hate Jane-Thor gets. I think it was a good storymaking decision and it brings a great character arc for Thor Odinsion when he appears again and to mention Jane. We all know Thor will get his hammer back or at least a hammer (I hear there's more than one now?) so I don't really see the problem but that is probably just me.

Astonishing Member

At this stage I could do with a Loki solo just to see his machinations in the council of evil. That should be fun. What's weird is that I am not worried about Loki going evil again, not even a little bit (three months of zero Loki will do that to a person), not with how AoA ended. Loki's always scheming and is never to be taken a face value.

I miss that face, I don't care that it's a different artist and all, I just care that we'll at least be seeing him again, as regularly as Aaron will allow, since the story is really about Jane!Thor.

Personally, my problem with Jane is her taking the Thor name as a mantle. No other character that lifted Mjolnir ever called himself Thor unless they were really Thor or possessed by Thor. Fine, she can have the hammer and the powers, even though I feel very bad for Thor for losing everything that defined him. She didn't have to take his name too, she could have called herself something else, but I think the main purpose of her taking his name was to sell comics. Jane Goddess of Thunder wouldn't sell as well, thus they added the name Thor to the comic.

Spectacular Member

Man, they better not f*ck Loki up. Not after all the work that's been done to make him such an amazing character. It's not just been Lee Garbett, but Gillen's years of work in "Journey into Mystery" and "Young Avengers" too. I don't think Aaron can be that much of an asshole, to just dismiss both of those guys extraordinary work. At least I hope not. It's got to just be a bluff.

It really would be a shame to have all that character development just erased, but I really don't think that will happen. Aaron's track record doesn't really support it, and he's got a perfectly good villain for the story already in place with Malekeith. Bring Loki back to the Thor books just so he can play second fiddle to the actual big bad? it doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Personally, my problem with Jane is her taking the Thor name as a mantle. No other character that lifted Mjolnir ever called himself Thor unless they were really Thor or possessed by Thor. Fine, she can have the hammer and the powers, even though I feel very bad for Thor for losing everything that defined him. She didn't have to take his name too, she could have called herself something else, but I think the main purpose of her taking his name was to sell comics. Jane Goddess of Thunder wouldn't sell as well, thus they added the name Thor to the comic.
    That's not true, actually. Eric Masterson went by 'Thor' he did not adopt the name of Thunderstrike until after the original Thor had returned. Just like with Jane, Thor told Eric to use the name and hammer, even. When Beta Ray Bill picked up Mjolnir, he went by Beta Ray Thor, too. Also, she didn't take his name away from him, she couldn't do that even if she wanted to. He gave her permission to use his name as a title. I don't know why people are so upset over this when there is in canon precedent for it, this is not out of character for Thor to pass the mantle on when he feels he's not worthy of it, and the name has been used as a title before.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    It really would be a shame to have all that character development just erased, but I really don't think that will happen. Aaron's track record doesn't really support it, and he's got a perfectly good villain for the story already in place with Malekeith. Bring Loki back to the Thor books just so he can play second fiddle to the actual big bad? it doesn't add up.
    It would be a total waste of character development not to mention the character potential they now have with Loki that they didn't before. I'm not saying I didn't like the old evil Loki but let's be honest he was getting a bit boring and it was always the same thing with him. But in the last couple of years since he was resurrected as Kid Loki we have seen him flourish and his story be well written. I don't think Aaron would be that cruel to erase all that character development and as a writer he must see what kind of potential storywise this Loki has and it would be a big shame if Aaron chose to go the status quo route.

I personally do think that Loki is playing Malekith and just going undercover to learn some information. I don't know looking at the last page the evil vibe is not jumping out at me but more a mischievious, he's up to something vibe. That might be me though.....

I don't know if anyone is interested but Loki was mentioned on The Mighty Thor cover for issue four. I don't know if that means he will be in the issue for not but he was mention nonetheless.

Mentioned how? I thought it was just a picture of a wanted poster for Jane?

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Mentioned how? I thought it was just a picture of a wanted poster for Jane?
    It's just a Little joke. There's a "Loki was here" under the poster, but he's suposse to have a large role in the story so I do think that it's possible to see him in the issue

Regards the issue, I like it a lot. Now that they don't have to hide the identity of the new Thor, the character looks more human and developed, that was the problem with her in the last volume.

I'm now too worry about Loki, I wouldn't mind an antagonistic role. But I doubt we'll see him as a true villain. Also wouldn't it be a bit hypocrite and ironic for a writer that wants to tell a story about sacrifice and self-improvement (or so it seems) changing status quos no matter how many people complain and want everything to return to normal right now to ignore an storie that was about that?
    Last edited by Shura; 11-21-2015 at 12:56 AM.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, I don't think Aaron is going to just undo all the work that Ewing and Gillen did. I think he must have too much respect for both of them to just dismiss years of their own life and work and destroy one of the best character's Marvel now has. So I'm not too worried. I'm interested to see how it develops.