Page 154 of 303 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 4544

About the unknowns Lokis in the pic, theres's a thread in the Marvel heroes forum with most of the costumes and versions of Loki. And I couldn't see the fairy, Hulki or the other with the horned helmet.
    Then I saw a tweet of Jason Aaron saying that there're a few new ones and "I wonder if that's all" so maybe those are news and we get to see Lady Loki too.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke21 View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...-marvel-comics

I love how Loki's walking on air in these panels. I always love to see him putting his magic to use like that, and it'll be cool to see how he handles the horde of frost giants waiting for him. Can't wait till Wednesday!

I don't think Laufey will accept anything but brute force here, using trickery/magic to get through his little trial would be seen as weakness, even if it technically counted as a pass. Of course, brute force is not exactly Loki's strong suit...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty1996 View Post
    On the second issue and preview, again loved it. The art is truly amazing and I found the conversation with Loki and Laufey interesting, not only that but it has ease my mind even more that Loki has not gone back to his evil ways but is planning a bit of mischief.....or a lot. And them knowing their full history with each other.

I'm also loving Loki's carefree attitude towards his father, he's not getting angry or defensive with the harsh words Laufey is saying, he's just sort of taking it in his stride and kind of shrugging his shoulders not caring. Well that's the impression I get anyway and I like that.
    Well, he's not getting visibly angry, but I am sure he must have something bad planned for Laufey, not like he's doing all this just for some bonding time with his dad. Loki may not let his feelings about his upbringing rule him any more, but I don't think those feelings are gone entirely, and obviously Laufey and the rest of the dark council are up to something that needs to be stopped anyway... but he has to play nice for now to get what he wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    Oh. That's cool! A bit weird (it's that a fairy Loki? Hahaha) but still cool.
    I had a doubt about if they were going to make this the first time when Jane as Thor meets Loki. And ignore the Squirrel girl issue but Cat-Thor (I need to use him as an avatar somewhere) is there so everything is fine.

They preview is really good and interesting. It resolve the doubt about if Lauffey remembers what Loki did or not. And the attitude toward each other seems right to me. Can't wait for the next week.
    Yeah, wasn't quite sure if they would consider the Squirrel Girl appearance canon either, sometimes stuff form comedy books isn't considered canon. (like, I think we can safely discount the Spider-Man appearances in Howard the Duck being canon because they are so over the top) But looks like it is, which is nice because Loki did good there.

Also, fairly Loki makes a certain amount of sense when you think about it, in that traditionally fairies, far from being the benign little cute flitty things that don't do a whole lot, were usually quite mischevious and often malicious. They were also pretty important in a lot of Scandinavian folklore, especially in Iceland. To this day on Iceland there is a school for the study of faeries and elves, and they often go out of their way to plan building projects to spare what they think to be fairy homes. Though, here he is a little winged flitty thing, and in Iceland elves are more human like in their appearance and size. and, interestingly, are all thought to have black hair.

On the missing Lady Loki and others thing, we do have to keep in mind that this is one page out of 20ish, so there may be more illusions of other Loki aspects later in the issue....

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Well, he's not getting visibly angry, but I am sure he must have something bad planned for Laufey, not like he's doing all this just for some bonding time with his dad. Loki may not let his feelings about his upbringing rule him any more, but I don't think those feelings are gone entirely, and obviously Laufey and the rest of the dark council are up to something that needs to be stopped anyway... but he has to play nice for now to get what he wants.
    I think he has something bad planned for Laufey and yeah he’s definitely not there for some fatherly/son bonding with his estranged biological father. I think he wants to stop the council and take Laufey down because he’s a major threat. But maybe a part of him is still very angry at his father for their past and Laufey’s words are getting to him deep down.

This might seem like a really stupid question but do you think those lingering feelings Loki still might have could steer him back on the evil path he was on before?

I mean with those feelings, Thor no longer seeing him as a brother due to finding out his secret, Freyja rejecting him and no longer seeming to care about him at all (I’m talking from Loki’s point of view not mine) and Odin loving his other children more than Loki and the rest of Asgard hating him more than ever (maybe?) do you think he could turn back to evil?

I don’t think he will but I do slightly worry about it, only very. But yeah really stupid question really.

Also on the Lokis, yeah I don't think that's all of them we have seen if Aaron's words have anything to go by. I think we'll see Lady loki as well as other Lokis in there as well. There's been a lot of Lokis hasn't there lol.

I think the possibility that they could take control of him again will always be there. But that's kind of what makes him interesting. It feels like there is more to root for with him because of it, gives any story with him now a bit more dramatic weight. The potential for him to go bad is always there, so you kinda root for him harder to stay on a good(ish) path. To not let those darker urges and feelings that you know are still probably lurking at the edges of his mind and have beaten him in the past and led him some very dark places win again.

*edit - oh, ps. speaking of Icelandic mythology, I noticed something fun from the preview of issue 2. Dauterman has decorated the doors of Asgardia with an Icelandic magical 'stave' specifically Ægishjálmur, the "Helm of awe".

Seriously, Icelandic mythology and magic is fascinating.

Maybe he's done it before, I'd have to check, just noticed now though.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-12-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Amazing Member

I think the possibility that they could take control of him again will always be there. But that's kind of what makes him interesting. It feels like there is more to root for with him because of it, gives any story with him now a bit more dramatic weight. The potential for him to go bad is always there, so you kinda root for him harder to stay on a good(ish) path. To not let those darker urges and feelings that you know are still probably lurking at the edges of his mind and have beaten him in the past and led him some very dark places win again.
    That's true I think there will always be those lingering feelings of unworthiness, hate and anger about the way he was treated by his adopted family and his biological family espeically his father. It does make us want to root for him more because of he inner struggle he probably has of wanting to stay on the right path and letting those darker feelings take over.

With Freyja wanting Loki to go back to the status quo of being evil so she can have a more secure future of Asgardia. I think she will sell him under the bus again because she would and could never do that to her biological children and Thor. I think if Laussa does turn out to be the fire demon she will still try and save her and get rid of Loki instead. And its clear that Odin does not love Loki in anyway not compared to his biological children. So I think those feelings of anger and hate will rise up.

Not like Loki is innocent it's easy to see why Freyja and Odin have next to no love for him. And Laufey well Laufey is Laufey enough said there.

I hope not. To be honest I can't help but think Loki would be better of without his adopted family and his real family but I would hate that thought.

Well... We stil have to see what Odin and Freyja think about Loki now(probably nothing good, given that he seems to be with the bad guys) but still.... During the last incursion Odin seems to be ok with Loki's decision and proud of his son for the first time in his live, and Freyja was like "meh...whatever" ut I'm pretty sure she knows that what she did was wrong. but again that was a different moment and a different writer. I think both of them love Loki but given Loki's curriculum and that this is a very difficult moment for Asgard. I don't know how many mischief are they going to handle before seeing Loki again as a problem, even if he clearly said that he's no longer the God of Evil or Lies.
    Odin (and Freyja too. But to a lesser extend) wants to have everything under his control. He's the king after all and specially when a war has just started everything that is not with him can be see as a problem.so no matter how supportive he was with Loki if he insist in not being on his side (or any side) I can see Odin seeing him as an enemy again, specially now that Odin has returned to his "Fear itself" mode.

About what Loki may feel about all that... Well. He shouldn't care about that the way he felt before, but he doesn't need to be ok with that.
    With Lauffey... Loki seemed to be indifferent in the preview, but he has no reason at all to love his father so what Lauffey feels about him shouldn't matter at all. But I wouldn't be surprise if Loki still hates him (something logic) and decides to kill him again because everything would be better without him.

About the faeries, I've always prefered that naughty version instead of the good and beautiful. We haven't seen almost nothing fairies in these comics so I'm curious to see how they will be potrait
    Also I'm curious to more of all the realms and how their races lives, maybe that's why I liked the League of the Realms arc
    Last edited by Shura; 12-13-2015 at 12:42 PM.

Well, Freyja is locked up in the dungeons right now, so she is in no position to do much of anything to Loki at the moment. I mean, Odin was still a total jerk to lock her up, but still. I actually would not be at all surprised to see a role reversal of the scene from Dark World, but more tense, obviously. The opportunity is too good to pass up. I do think she came to regret her actions in the end, so even if/when she gets free, I am not so sure she would throw him under the bus again. But I would not blame Loki for being wary of her, and not exactly broken up about her predicament. As for what she or Odin would think of Loki joining the Dark Council, first of all, i doubt he's advertising his intent to join, he is more valuable to them as a spy. Though him trying to kill thor will probably signal something is up. But there is still the possibility that he is working with one of them, gathering information for them or something. Most likely Odin since not like Odin would give a shit if Jane-Thor died.

Yeah, I have in mind that nobody knows Loki's intentions and he doesn't want to tell anybody about them at least for now.
    But I think that no matter if Loki is with the Dark Council or not and he's just cheating them. If he is no t on Odin's side he'll be seen as an enemy or at least as a problem (Odin sees Freyja as a traitor for less)
    All that into the idea of Loki working alone.

But of course he can be working with one of them, we have to wait until the next issue (probably issue 3, or more ) to know what he's up to.

Speaking of what could make Loki walk the dark path again, I think more than his parents the one whose opinion about Loki matters is Thor, I really want to see them interact again and getting along but I guess we wont see that soon.

I want to see him interact with his brother too, they have not spoken since, you know, the incident. At least not on panel, 8 months have passed, so one would think they've encountered one another during that time, but still. But Thor is missing, so... that will have to wait. I actually STILL am holding out hope that once Thor is back (maybe with Ultimate Mjolnir in hand?) we will get a Thor and Loki team up book.

Something just occurred to me earlier today. It was Malekith that killed Verity's grandfather, wasn't it? could that be playing into Loki trying to infiltrate his Dark Council?

BANNED

How does Loki know about Hobo Loki from Battleworld? Was that him all along? That would be cool.

Astonishing Member

I really like Hobo Loki. I'd like to see him again.

Fantastic Member

I'd prefer to have Hobo Loki be an AU version. It meshes with the continuity at the end of AoA better, as well as Loki's newfound abilities as God/dess of Stories. In Thors, that Loki knew something strange was up, but didn't seem to have the same level of narrative control or awareness that I'd expect them to. I think I would be mostly ok with it ignoring continuity if I felt it added something important to the story, but as it is, I don't feel like the role he played was important enough. Also, like some of the others here, I'd love to see Loki interact with his brother, and 616 Thor was there and seemingly had some of his memories, and they didn't interact at all!

I could probably be ok if it's explained at some point. Like, if Loki ended up timetravelling to Battleworld after all because they botched something there and forfeited his memories for reasons (probably because messing too much with continuity can mess things up). Actually, if Loki ends up going there in search of his brother, I'd be cool with it. So I guess I've talked myself into acceptance, mostly because I don't think Jason Aaron would leave it hanging without explanation(so far, it seems like he's trying to develop a lot of long-reaching plot threads).

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    How does Loki know about Hobo Loki from Battleworld? Was that him all along? That would be cool.
    what a coincidence, i just posted a ramble about this on tumblr like 2 seconds ago in response to someone wondering about hobo Loki in the pic. I said:

"But that one is a little confusing to me. Does that imply that the Loki in Thors was OUR Loki, even though that kind of contradicts the end of Agent of Asgard? or is this implying he is able to see into other realities and is basing some of the illusions he’s creating here on those? It would explain some of the others that don’t seem to be based on any existing version of the character, like the little fairy, or the big green one, or the vaguely Celtic looking one with the gnarly bone horns (some sort of take on Cernunnos? even though that is not really a trickster god, but he is known for the wicked horns he sported and a constant death and rebirth cycle, which Loki has really taken to of late. but could be another one too, Celtic myth did have a particular fondness for the Trickster archetype, they had at least 3, the closest match to Loki probably being Gwydion) "

Fantastic Member

what a coincidence, i just posted a ramble about this on tumblr like 2 seconds ago in response to someone wondering about hobo Loki in the pic. I said:

"But that one is a little confusing to me. Does that imply that the Loki in Thors was OUR Loki, even though that kind of contradicts the end of Agent of Asgard? or is this implying he is able to see into other realities and is basing some of the illusions he’s creating here on those? It would explain some of the others that don’t seem to be based on any existing version of the character, like the little fairy, or the big green one, or the vaguely Celtic looking one with the gnarly bone horns (some sort of take on Cernunnos? even though that is not really a trickster god, but he is known for the wicked horns he sported and a constant death and rebirth cycle, which Loki has really taken to of late. but could be another one too, Celtic myth did have a particular fondness for the Trickster archetype, they had at least 3, the closest match to Loki probably being Gwydion) "
    I was wondering if the illusions of his past incarnations meant that he had access those stories, or even that he had incorporated all those various aspects into himself. Allusions to other mythic trickster figures or Lokis that haven't appeared in stories would at least support the idea that he has those stories, too--really hammering home the idea that he's the god of ALL stories, not just the Asgardian mythos. Which would make sense but isn't something I had necessarily realized to that extent and is, frankly, kind of terrifying. Even if he's good(ish) now.

I wonder if he can remove someone from continuity? Not that that would be an everyday sort of solution(it would require him to do some heavy retconning if it were anyone important), but still.

Like I said. Terrifying. It does make me think that Aaron mentioned (in the interview, iirc), that Loki was going to talk with the current Thor about the Thor/Loki conflict and how their current one differed. So it might not only be the ones that we've seen take place in comics, or even every Thor/Loki conflict ever, but also the meaning of that conflict as an archetype in the ongoing narrative.