Page 156 of 303 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 4544
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Loki is clever and sneaky, but if even Heimdall can't find him with his ability to see everything, I don't think Thor would have a problem hiding from Loki.
    Fair point. I had forgotten that. Though with his inability to tell the new Thor's identity or find the old one, maybe he should get his eyes looked at >>.

I'm still thinking Thor might not be in this universe. Heimdall's vision doesn't go that far. Although, funnily enough, Thor technically didn't participate in the last ragnarok...however, since there wasn't a reset, I don't think the interaction with his sight would necessarily apply.

Maybe I'm just thinking too far ahead, but it seems to me, if you lose something, you should start looking in the last place you saw it. Which, for Thor Odinson, would be on Battleworld.

What even happened to Old Asgard, what with the world ending?

ah, but no one remembers Battleworld. Loki might know ABOUT it, the presence of the Loki from Thors among the illusions he created in the preview page for issue 3 certainly seems to indicate this. But no one except Jane and Odinson actually went to Battleworld, unless the Loki there was ours, which is still unclear. We also do not yet know if Jane or Odinson even remembers Battleworld, no one else seems to remember it, and how much Loki knows of it is up for debate. But in any case, Battleworld is gone so they can't look there. All that remains is fragments in Contest of Champions and some artifacts and characters that ended up on the new world. We also don't know exactly when Odinson went missing. It's entirely possible he returned and you know, did Thor things for a while, THEN left for wherever he is.

Last we saw of Old Asgard was at the end of Thors. Ultimate Thor's Mjolnir was thrown clear of Battleworld blowing up and landed there. So it WILL come into play at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post
    What even happened to Old Asgard, what with the world ending?
    It is still sitting abandoned as seen at the end of Thors. Plus the 1610 hammer is sitting there as innocent as a thermonuclear bomb.

P.S. I think Odinson is disguised as a Thunder Guard right now, and if Loki knew that he would probably approve and leave him to cause mischief.

Amazing Member

Okay finally able to post my thoughts on the last issue of The Mighty Thor 2. I read it the day it was released but have been ill this past week and a half.

But anyway loved it. It still felt like a set up issue for what is to come but it was still a very good issue. Loki was just so awesome in this issue. The way he dealt with those frost giants just by talking to them was just unbelievably great.

My favourite part of course was the speech he made to Laufey. Not only was it great to see Loki tell his father to basically f*** himself and his opinions of him but that Loki is happy with who he is and the journey he is on. I think Loki now has a lot of self-confidence and has begun to accept himself and not what others want him to be.
    Loki is totally done with all the BS that is his family, both families. He no longer cares if Laufey thinks him as weak or pathetic. He doesn’t care if Odin favors him anymore. He’s done with the petty games and I like that.
    The shout out to Gillen and Ewing was good and made me sigh in relief because I now know for certain for face change is staying at least for the time being.
    I personally believe Loki was being truthful all the way through, in fact I don’t think he has lied yet but maybe twisted the truth slightly. This makes me wonder if Loki is still unable to lie.
    Also the main question is would he be friend or foe to the new Thor. I don’t think Loki will be the villain nor do I think he will be trying to kill her but I can see Loki being Thor’s foe just as much as I can see him being a potential friend or more precisely ally.

Loki has not obligation to this Thor. She is not his brother whom he loves and who he probably wants to become worthy again. Not to mention Loki probably thinks if he helps his brother become worthy again there would be a chance they could be on better terms and some forgiveness could be achieved.

But on the other hand Loki most likely is working to bring the dark council down and wants to bring his evil uncle down as well who in my opinion has done something to Odin. And Thor would be a very good ally to have to help him bring both down.

Loki could actually be both friend and foe really lol.

Also read Angela Queen of Hel 3 and they messed up the continuity again. Now Angela’s the first born not Balder not that it really matters but it’s confusing. I had one question answered though Tyr is still a son of Odin and the brother of Thor and Loki.

Speaking of continuity I wonder if we will ever learn more of Loki’s mother and why he is so different from other frost Giants. I know this will be an unpopular theory because it messes with continuity (I think) but what if Loki is actually only half-frost giant and his mother is someone else entirely. I don’t think that is the case though. But still I do hope we get to learn more about why he is the way he is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty1996 View Post

Speaking of continuity I wonder if we will ever learn more of Loki’s mother and why he is so different from other frost Giants. I know this will be an unpopular theory because it messes with continuity (I think) but what if Loki is actually only half-frost giant and his mother is someone else entirely. I don’t think that is the case though. But still I do hope we get to learn more about why he is the way he is.
    I know I'm curious about this. I haven't read everything on Loki, I'm relatively new to him so I want to know more about his frost giant background.

Spectacular Member

Hey guys, so, I just commissioned another Loki piece from Jeff "Dekal" Becker, and thought I'd share it, as it really blew my mind. So, here you are!

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg
    Last edited by cosmicjoke21; 12-28-2015 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke21 View Post
    Hey guys, so, I just commissioned another Loki piece from Jeff "Dekal" Becker, and thought I'd share it, as it really blew my mind. So, here you are!

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg
    Wow. Amazing. Can you post a scan?

Spectacular Member

Hey thank you! Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner at the moment, so I could only take pictures with my stupid phone. But I'm glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty1996 View Post
    My favourite part of course was the speech he made to Laufey. Not only was it great to see Loki tell his father to basically f*** himself and his opinions of him but that Loki is happy with who he is and the journey he is on. I think Loki now has a lot of self-confidence and has begun to accept himself and not what others want him to be.
    Loki is totally done with all the BS that is his family, both families. He no longer cares if Laufey thinks him as weak or pathetic. He doesn’t care if Odin favors him anymore. He’s done with the petty games and I like that.
    Yeah, i think that now that Loki no longer cares what anyone thinks of him, it will be very good for him. But it makes it difficult to say where he is going to go next because this is a very new thing for him, completely uncharted territory. He has been obsessing over his jealousy towards Thor and what Odin in particular thought of him and trying to win his approval for like a thousand years or more, it's something that has influenced nearly everything he did to some degree, and now that's done with so.... now what? It's interesting because he really is unpredictable right now and you don't know where things are headed with him, but a bit scary too, because it's hard to say if this new Loki will be as appealing or not.

But on the other hand Loki most likely is working to bring the dark council down and wants to bring his evil uncle down as well who in my opinion has done something to Odin. And Thor would be a very good ally to have to help him bring both down.

Loki could actually be both friend and foe really lol.
    Yeah, I think their relationship will be complicated. They were fine with one another in Squirrel Girl, but that was when Jane thought it was Kid Loki in that body. She knows the truth now, and she has enough experience with Loki over the years to be very suspicious of him. I like to think they will work things out in the end, at least somewhat. But I am more interested in him finding his brother and having them patch up their relationship.

Also read Angela Queen of Hel 3 and they messed up the continuity again. Now Angela’s the first born not Balder not that it really matters but it’s confusing. I had one question answered though Tyr is still a son of Odin and the brother of Thor and Loki.

That's kind of disappointing about more continuity fuckups. and surprising, too, since the first volume of Angela's book was co-written with Gillen, who was the one who seemed to know how all these pieces fit together, and was of course the one who created Leah and so knew exactly what he was going for there with her 'death' which also seems to be getting all fucked up. You'd think she would have picked his brains a bit to make sure she was getting things right. But that has always kinda been a thing with Thor. Every new writer seems to treat the runs before more as loose guidelines, and they make changes to the history a LOT. You kind of just have to roll with it. But I kind of wish editorial would just nail it all down once and for all as far as the backstory went forbid any major changes to the history aspect of things for a good long while and be firm about it. The family tree at the very least. I mean, I think that's exactly what each writer was trying to do, to be fair. You get the sense each time that they really want to sort out the mess and make it all make sense once and for all. But they keep trying to add and change things in the process, then the next guy comes along and does the same thing, adding some new twist or long lost relative or whatever, and it just gets more confusing. At least Jason Aaron seems intent on sticking around for a very long time, from the way he talks. So it may gain that stability in terms of the whole backstory aspect of things just by virtue of him being there for a long time. But it won't work if the other writers don't play along.

As for Loki's mother, i think the last time we saw her besides in that apparition in Young Avengers was a looooong time ago, so they actually do have some wiggle room to play with things there, but she did appear to be a giant. Though i suppose she could be a half-giant or in disguise or something. But I always just thought it's not so much that he is different from other frost giants physically, (though, judging by the clones Doom made, he is) but more that he consciously chose to try and fit in with the Asgardians and it is kind of what led him to learn shapeshifting magic. His Asgardian form is not his natural one, as in the one he was born with. You can see it in JMS' Thor run, where he is shown to be blue and frosty and bald with spiral tattoos on his head, even as Odin is introducing him to Thor when they are both children. And that same form is being shown again in this run, so it's not been forgotten about. But I mean, think about it from his perspective. He's a giant, and the only one of his kind in all of Asgard, it must have been terribly lonely and isolating. Then consider how large the frost giants are when fully grown, even if he is a runt (that's something more from the movies than from the comics, though, as far as i know. But it could easily be added to the comics, I don't think it would contradict anything) and is only like half the size of most Jotun, he's still going to be pretty frikkin huge in his natural form. And he is being made to live in a city designed for human-sized Asgardians. Even if it wasn't out of a desire to fit in on a social level, just from a logistics level of like, getting through doors, it was something he needed to do. And now he's been doing it for so long that his Asgardian form has become his default, it's how he sees himself in his mind and is what he defaults to even if his jotun form may be more practical in certain situations, such as his little field trip to Jotunheim with Laufey. I mean, he can turn into many other things, so he can certainly turn into a giant that IS still 'him' on some level. Probably from what we've seen and the fact that after childhood we've not once seen him return to his natural form, he actually really dislikes his natural form and tries to avoid it. But at the same time, it is still part of him so technically it should be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke21 View Post
    *snip*
    Nice!

man I really ought to finish this pic i started ages ago... i may tweak it a bit to make it the Dauterman design.

so, a couple things. first of all, i was browsing the Steam sale and came across the listing for the new Lego Avengers game, http://store.steampowered.com/app/405310/ and yep, Loki is definitely back in it: http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/st...g?t=1450464887

And though it appears very MCU focused at first glance, much moreso than the first one, there were some surprising additions that shows that they will be drawing from ANAD as well: http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/st...g?t=1450464887 plus some others like Ms. Marvel, Falcap, Speed (which, I assume, means the rest of the Young Avengers as well), and Squirrel Girl in her Unbeatable costume. So I have some hope that we will get an ANAD or Agent of Asgard Loki alternate costume and he is making some more steps towards being used in a role other than just villain outside of the comics.

Second thing, since this thread kinda doubles as the Verity discussion thread... Remember there was that tease from.... someone.... about Verity appearing somewhere in ANAD? I think I have a likely candidate, besides just Thor. I was reading Patsy Walker: AKA Hellcat, and it is first of all super cute, AND it is the PERFECT place for Verity to appear. See, the premise of the book is superpowered people leading normal lives, using their powers for their jobs (many of them possessing powers that would be useless in a fight) rather than saving the world, or just trying to live normal lives despite the fact that they can like levitate things with their minds or whatever. Which is something Verity is already doing, plus she got her powers via magic, which means Patsy should be able to spot her as a powered individual even though normally Verity's powers are very easy to conceal. So yeah, that's just my hunch. If you want more Verity, I'd keep an eye on the Patsy Walker book.

Amazing Member

It’s exciting, yet scary to see where they go with a Loki we have not seen before. In the past his jealousy of Thor and wanting to get Odin’s approval was a very big part of his character and his actions, it was like a second skin in a way with his mischief and lies. Loki wanted that acceptance so badly that he did very bad things either to get it or because he didn’t receive it.

Now that he doesn’t have that long aimed goal anymore it’s definitely a question of what next?
    That being said there is a lot the writers can do with Loki and also have a bit of fun with him at the same time. What I like about this Loki is that you don’t know where you stand with him. You don’t know whether or not he will be friend or foe, or will be an anti-hero or villain. He’s extremely unpredictable for other characters of the comics and for the readers because you never know what you will get out of Loki, whether it is something good or something bad.

But I think that is what will make this Loki appealing to a lot of readers and in a way he’s sort of a very refreshing character in a sense you truly do not know what you are going to get from him. I suppose there are other characters I mean there are hundreds upon hundreds of superheroes and villains.

What I worry about though if the character becomes too stale again. I think the choice of Kieran Gillien and Al Ewing deciding to have his character have a change of heart was the best thing done to the character in a while. It was probably a risky move because a lot of people don’t like change especially big chance like they did with Loki. But it worked and I think a big part of that is that is made the character of Loki interesting again.

Not to say I didn’t like the old evil Loki or some of the recent stuff he was in. I liked Siege a lot. But it was the same concept over and over and over again. It became too predictable and too boring in a way. I don’t think Loki suits being such a predicable character, he needs that unpredictability because as they say mischief is unpredictable and can come in all shapes and sizes.

I’m loving the change in comics, the creeping away from status quo. A lot of comics are no longer black or white, good or evil anymore, there are a lot more grey areas and I’m liking that. Comic writers are telling stories rather than just focusing on the action side of things or the good guys always win thing.
    But that is my personally opinion on Loki and I’m sure others won’t share.

On the Loki and Jane front, she has every reason not to trust him and he has done a lot of bad stuff to her and the people she cares deeply for in the past so there will be conflict there. But I think it will be one of those where the two will have to put their differences aside if they want to take down the council. Not to mention both need all the allies they can get, Jane has made a lot of powerful enemies and Loki.....well....you know. So I think it might be the case of not wanting to get along but perhaps having to work together to face these threats.

Yes continuity sucks when it comes to Thor and his family tree.

Going off the subject for a moment of Loki's frost giant heritage and why he is so small. You mention Verity in the post (not related to the same thing though) and it just got me thinking. She can see through any lie, as she seen through his disguise as an old man. This always intrigued me of how she saw the version of Loki we always seen and not his true frost giant form which is his true form. That has always interested me. Nothing to it really and it's more than likely she sees the Loki we all see because that's his true self now but it still intrigues me none the less

Amazing Member

Loki's book Loki: Agent of Asgard reached number 37 in the CBR top comics of 2015 which is quite good Not surprising it was in the top 100 it was a great book!

Here´s the preview of issue 3
    http://comicbook.com/2016/01/07/excl...mighty-thor-3/

A bit weird what he says about his mother (it may be nothing and just how he speaks but...) anyway I like it (like everything that makes me remember that Simonson´s scene)

the thread lives! I was considering digging it up but had nothing new to share... This'll do

And yeah... in agent of Asgard he seemed to be bonding with Odin and was pissed off with Freyja for throwing him under the bus. But if he is sincere about wanting to help (and I think he is, what he says lines up with Agent of Asgard) then Odin is not exactly who he should be trying to impress.

I hope that we see by the end of the issue Jane will get over her distrust of him. Not that i blame her, given his history, but at the same time we know he's most likely sincere for once.
    Last edited by Raye; 01-07-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Fantastic Member

Yay! I wasn't sure if this was coming out next week or the week after that (I think I tried looking it up once but didn't find a date).

Preview was excellent, all of it. I especially liked the last panel (as well as 'Thor hits Loki repeatedly with a hammer', or however it was phrased). I agree with Shura that he might have been speaking in general when he mentioned his mom, although Aaron's portrayal of Odin and Freya had diverged during AoA, so not sure if this is going off of that or not (it seems like he's mostly respecting that continuity, but he might just not want to have to deal with that aspect).

I think she'll eventually be convinced to trust him, if only out of necessity for the present moment (and what is Loki good at, if not convincing people of things despite all evidence to the contrary?).

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure I like that line about his mother since AoA treated his relationship with Freyja a bit differently, actually the Odin and Freyja of AoA seem to be a tad bit different from Thor's Odin and Freyja. They didn't line up perfectly so this was slightly jarring for me. AoA ended with Loki not caring about impressing either of his parents but now it's different...sigh. I don't want Loki helping Thor because he wants an equivalent of a pat on the head for being good. That's just ugh to me. If he saves the day, let him do it for himself, because it's what he wants and for no other reason than he simply wants it. For centuries he's failed at living up to other people's standards and that eventually lead him down a very dark path. Please no more of that, I don't think that's Aaron's intention but I'm still wary, not of Aaron's intention but of Loki's sense of well being, if it goes back to hinging on what others think of him. I really don't want that.

I guess I will just have to get used to Aaron writing Loki.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 01-07-2016 at 11:25 PM.