Page 16 of 303 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Lee Garbett has posted some new art from the upcoming issue of Loki, of Verity doing a spit take:

Ok, Loki's not actually in that one, still, it was cute. So here's the inks of one of the pages shown in that interview from earlier:

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Lee Garbett has posted some new art from the upcoming issue of Loki, of Verity doing a spit take:

Ok, Loki's not actually in that one, still, it was cute. So here's the inks of one of the pages shown in that interview from earlier:

Lorelei seems not happy.

I think the only happy ones there are Loki and Amora, and both of them have had their minds messed with.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I think the only happy ones there are Loki and Amora, and both of them have had their minds messed with.
    Yeah I agree , this issue looks like a very fun read.

Extraordinary Member

I'm excited! And you have to feel bad for Loki and Enchantress in those pages. They both looked stoned or something.

Amazing Member

Anyone have any hopes for Loki in Thor: Ragnarok and beyond? I personally hope he takes Mephisto's role from the original Infinity Gauntlet stories, but I'm unsure whether he should help Thor stop Surtur, or allow it so he can smuggle out the Tesseract and Gauntlet to Thanos.

I don't know. He clearly did something nasty to Odin, so it seems more likely that he will be helping Thanos...

Lee Garbett is feeling generous lately. Model sheet for inverted Loki

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone else think he looks like he's slumping? Like Loki's posture isn't as good or something.

BANNED

so glad Loki is not guy or so i hoped. not that i have a problem with gay people but i kinda think Loki deserves a woman and i am much annoyed with the whole films effecting comics especially if it's from Yoi fangirls imagining Thor and Loki making out.

BANNED

I don't know. He clearly did something nasty to Odin, so it seems more likely that he will be helping Thanos...

you know whenever i read this Loki i always had Josh Grelle in my head. if you don't know who that is then he's what he sounds like:

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

This is great! Not a big fan of the white pants, but I get what visual they are going for and the inversion look character they are projecting.

Can't wait for this issue!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

I am fine with the white, this is heroic Loki, swapping out the black for white makes sense. The bits that bug me are the shoulders, because the only way he can possibly move his arms is for them to cheat with the art, (had the same problem with Cyke's Phoenix costume)and the itty bitty forehead wings.

Page from Winter Soldier #2:

uh oh. this ain't good. King Loki, you evil little shit.

oh, and since we are at it, another guest appearance in Magneto #12 in case people didn't read the Magneto interview with Bunn. But it's the real Loki, this time:

They seem to just be repeating the scene from AXIS, but they may be adding something new there, never know.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-31-2014 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    so glad Loki is not guy or so i hoped. not that i have a problem with gay people but i kinda think Loki deserves a woman and i am much annoyed with the whole films effecting comics especially if it's from Yoi fangirls imagining Thor and Loki making out.
    whoa whoa whoa, wait. I just noticed this post. Okay, for one, him being shown in a relationship of sorts with Amora does not imply he is straight. He hasn't been stated to be gay, he's been stated to be bi, which means relationships with women are still very much a possibility, and him acting on that doesn't suddenly make him not bi. And you clearly do have a problem with gay people if you think him being gay/bi in canon (which he already is) is something lesser than straight. That he 'deserves a woman' rather than simply deserving love, no matter the gender. Also, nothing in the movies would contribute to making him gay/bi in the comics, there is absolutely NOTHING in the movies that suggests he is gay (or straight, for that matter, he was given no romantic interests at all). Yeah, there are a lot of fangirls out there, mostly for the movie version of him, who ship him with a lot of guys, (including Thor which I find squicky but that's because they are brothers, not both guys) but it's not as if he is the first character this has happened to, you would be hard pressed to find ANY character out there who has not been shipped in a slash pairing, and none of them have been made gay in canon because of it. The reason he would be bi in the comics is because in the mythology, he is bi. He has had both male and female lovers, and has been both a father and a mother. (okay, one of them was a horse, but still) This is all from long before Marvel used the character by hundreds if not thousands of years. Norse culture in general was not exactly as binary as modern day society, batting for both teams was not uncommon. (What he said to Prodigy at the end of YA was more or less accurate. The role you took in those encounters was what mattered, not the genders of the people involved. There was still a stigma against anyone, male or female but it was usually female, who took the 'submissive' position, but same sex relationships in and of themselves were not frowned upon.) Embracing both aspects of yourself was seen as a GOOD thing, and restricting yourself was a failing. In fact, Thor's inability to see himself as anything but a big manly man was often ridiculed.

If ANY character makes sense to come out as bisexual, it's Loki. He is a trickster god, his whole thing is about fluidity, not being able to pin one specific label on him, never being able to predict what he will do next. Trickster gods defy classification by their very nature, but as far as sexuality goes, bi at least comes closest.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-31-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Amazing Member

He hates Odin, but it's possible Loki would've doublecrossed Thanos if he conquered Earth, and tried to use the Tesseract against him. If he didn't want Malekith to make the universe dark, then it's unlikely he'd actually want Thanos to gain all of the Stones.

BANNED

whoa whoa whoa, wait. I just noticed this post. Okay, for one, him being shown in a relationship of sorts with Amora does not imply he is straight. He hasn't been stated to be gay, he's been stated to be bi, which means relationships with women are still very much a possibility, and him acting on that doesn't suddenly make him not bi. And you clearly do have a problem with gay people if you think him being gay/bi in canon (which he already is) is something lesser than straight. That he 'deserves a woman' rather than simply deserving love, no matter the gender. Also, nothing in the movies would contribute to making him gay/bi in the comics, there is absolutely NOTHING in the movies that suggests he is gay (or straight, for that matter, he was given no romantic interests at all). Yeah, there are a lot of fangirls out there, mostly for the movie version of him, who ship him with a lot of guys, (including Thor which I find squicky but that's because they are brothers, not both guys) but it's not as if he is the first character this has happened to, you would be hard pressed to find ANY character out there who has not been shipped in a slash pairing, and none of them have been made gay in canon because of it. The reason he would be bi in the comics is because in the mythology, he is bi. He has had both male and female lovers, and has been both a father and a mother. (okay, one of them was a horse, but still) This is all from long before Marvel used the character by hundreds if not thousands of years. Norse culture in general was not exactly as binary as modern day society, batting for both teams was not uncommon. (What he said to Prodigy at the end of YA was more or less accurate. The role you took in those encounters was what mattered, not the genders of the people involved. There was still a stigma against anyone, male or female but it was usually female, who took the 'submissive' position, but same sex relationships in and of themselves were not frowned upon.) Embracing both aspects of yourself was seen as a GOOD thing, and restricting yourself was a failing. In fact, Thor's inability to see himself as anything but a big manly man was often ridiculed.

If ANY character makes sense to come out as bisexual, it's Loki. He is a trickster god, his whole thing is about fluidity, not being able to pin one specific label on him, never being able to predict what he will do next. Trickster gods defy classification by their very nature, but as far as sexuality goes, bi at least comes closest.
    All right calm down. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a guy I'm just saying in loli's original mindset I think he wants something that he likes. I also am curious if this had setting to do with the fan girls of avengers