Page 191 of 303 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 4544

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Basically Battleworld Leah made a deal with Faustia (Angela from Battleworld) to give them seven years and she would give her Sera. Faustia did it, they all live (?), dream (?), experience (?) seven years of living together, on year five this Leah meets Loki, they both acknowledge that they're not the people each other remembers and they fight for... reasons (?).

Loki: Who are you? You're not my Leah.
    Leah: You're not my Loki.
    Loki: Alright. Let's fight?
    Leah: Okay.
    Thori: I hate you both.

Then they wake up (?) and Faustia gets to rule the Angel's afterlife where she meets with her world's Sera. Jane is confused and so was I. Leah decides to leave her "moms" and get her own life with Thori. Sera and Angela get all lovey dovey on the Brooklyn Bridge.

The End
    Ok, so... it's not real? That's good, I guess?

I saw a couple panels for this on Tumblr, wow, the dialogue was atrocious... but also it's confusing because it's drawing plot elements from JIM and two separate Secret Wars tie in books, like, really? But whatever, it's done, and it at least it ended in a way that means other-Leah and Thori will not be showing up in Vote Loki.

I read Ms. Marvel and that was cute, tho! Loki was only in it for a couple pages, but his intro page was funny. Seemed to be a bit of a lead in to Civil War 2, with Tony and Carol squaring off. But anyway, one thing was left kinda hanging with Loki. So, yeah, Carol did immediately jump to the conclusion that Loki caused the mess, and then afterwards she says she is going to go deal with him... but we never see how. I get that this is Kamala's book so she's the focus, and that is fine and all. But... it was a little weird. Did they fight? Did he manage to convince her it wasn't his fault? I dunno!
    Last edited by Raye; 04-27-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Amazing Member

I haven’t been on her for a couple of weeks but I just read the last Thor issue and I thought it was quite a good read for a sort of filler. I say sort of because it seems the story into the Viking age which Loki is telling Roxxon has some importance. It kind of seems like Loki is warning him in a way but I don’t know if I’m misinterpreting that.

I’ve seen the Loki meeting Leah of Hel over tumblr and it seems that is the only page that they appear to meet. I found it kind of pointless them meeting especially since the only thing to come out of it was them admitting they were not the Loki or Leah they each remember. I didn’t like that page but on the other hand it’s probably a definite we won’t see Leah anywhere near Vote Loki. My main concern is Sera.

I’ve also seen Ms Marvel that was quite funny and I do hope Carol has been put straight on the issue of who was really to blame.

Anyway just over a month before Vote Loki is out and I can’t wait!!! I’m also looking forward to seeing the main artist’s art I don’t think we have seen it yet since the cover of issue 2 is done of Tradd moore just like cover 1. I liked the cover though and the throwback reference to an older one. Some things were a little confusing but Thor 6 cleared up one with the snakes and blood kind off. It also look like Steve Rogers will also have a role in Vote Loki along with Sam Wilson as they try to stop Loki from being president.
    To be honest we knew many heroes would be against Loki but I’m more interested to know if maybe there might be one or two for Loki being president

one month! exciting, I've already subbed to it on comixology: https://www.comixology.com/Vote-Loki...s-series/71381

I think some heroes would support him, or at least give him the benefit of the doubt to let him convince them. Some of the Young Avengers would, and probably Squirrel Girl, maybe Ms Marvel (but she can't vote) Spider-Man would probably be suspicious but not do the 'we must oppose him cus he's Loki' thing. Basically, there are some in the hero community that he has had good interactions with, and/or know he's trying to change, and some that just kinda tend to see the good in people. Some heroes that are ex-villains themselves I could also see being less against him than most.

As for Sera... I can't say I am a fan of hers, but as long as they cut out the fourth wall breaking and she stays out of the main focus (part of my problem with her was that she dominated what was supposed to be Angela's story) she could be ok.

and yes, I definitely think Loki is kind of making parallels with that viking and Agger with his story, but I don't think Agger will realize it.

The TMT issue surely feels a bit like a filler (a good filler imo, or maybe Iīm too accustromed to tons of awful anime filler episodes), let see the next one to see how much of a filler it is, but I too think Loki used that story like a warning, the last solicitation said something about Dario being in danger so maybe his new weapon went out of control very soon.
    Also, Dauterman posted a pic of Kingpin, so probably we have to add him to the "Lords of Midgard" arc.

I also read Ms.Marvel, it was funny, Carolīs solution to the problem was the most easy and practical, but a war between golems and clones (+ T-rex) is way more entertaining, maybe in the next issue they blame Bruno for that, if they donīt adress that again probably they blamed Loki.

About Leah.... she not being the original Leah was the "lesser evil" given how pointless was her presence and how overly complex and confusing the whole situation seems to be, They should have used the seven issues in conquering Hel and thatīs it, I donīt know whatīs the point of mix all that with an AU tie-in (at least not in ths particular story and with just two issues to develop that), the real shame is that Stephanie Hans finally drew this Loki and he was aņmost backwards or too far away

And yes, canīt wait for the first Vote Loki issue, too many questions of how some issues will be handle and how the tone of the book will, but yeah, I can see a few heroes giving him a chance, but the "big names" with real autorithy in the MU like Captain America, Iron man or Captain Marvel probably wonīt at least at the beginning.

Fantastic Member

I thought the story in TMT was really well done, but it didn't immediately progress the plot. It did, however, do a good job of foreshadowing how Agger is likely to get burned (I read it as a cautionary tale against arrogance and seeking power that does not rightfully belong to you, for the most part). First, the viking believes he is able to triumph without calling upon Thor (and begins to resent the latter for his part in their success). Then, when he refuses to call upon Thor for help, instead of seeing the error of his ways, he still tries to blame it on Thor, and summons up Loki for revenge (which likely carries a much steeper price than we've already seen--he vowed to give Loki everything he had left, and I'm wondering if that could even include, like, his afterlife/soul). Instead of realizing he was overmatched the first time he tried to challenge the gods, he's so desperate for power that he bargains with Loki. I foresee Loki finishing his story with some sort of appropriately karmic ending and then Agger just hearing how the viking got power and believing that he'd never be foolish enough to end up the same way.

Like I said, though, I thought the story was very well constructed--perhaps because it included such common folkloric themes, but it really felt like something that could have been in the Eddas. I think the other in-story reason for it was that Aaron is intending to keep Loki as God of Stories, so he's dropping a lot of hints so it doesn't come out of nowhere for those who didn't follow his solo series. Also, if he does it once in detail, if Loki meets with any of the other members in the future to make a deal, he could always say "that reminds me of a story" (or something along those lines) and then have the scene cut away. Though, I'm pretty sure with Aaron's demonstrated love of worlbuilding and backstsory, etc, that he probably enjoyed the hell out of writing that issue.

As far as why Loki's calling himself the god of lies atm (might have touched upon this in an earlier post, apologies if I did)--well, I think he still is the god of lies. Besides, revealing that he's also the god of stories pretty much shows his entire hand plus the ace he's hiding up his sleeve, at least to the dark council. Changing or altering your aspect, domain, or whatever you'd call it in the Marvel U seems like a freaking huge deal (because it's a fundamental change in who you are as a person, and as we've seen, takes a lot of work). So, if he tells that to Malekith and co and still tries to join them, they're going to be waaaaaaaaaay suspicious of him, especially since his best bet with them is to pretend he's gone back to being how he was in the past. Also, it reveals avenues of influence/attack that weren't open to him before and puts them on their guard against them. Telling Thor probably wouldn't have worked out, since she didn't seem particularly inclined to believe anything he said. Guess he could have tried demonstrating it, but I'm not sure how he could have managed while she was trying to hit him in the face. And I think that, even if he is trying to be better, he's still probably uncomfortable sharing everything. Also, it's more dramatic if nobody knows, as long as it doesn't come out of nowhere.

As for his appearance in Ms. Marvel, I honestly found him a lot more caustic than he is in TMT (yeah, he's snarky as anything; maybe I just don't see snark as negatively?). Felt like it went a little bit too far (felt that his earlier appearance went too far the other way, too), but I could just be ridiculously picky. Was wondering why he didn't just magic the clones away (since they were based on his magic, wouldn't strike me as coming out of nowhere), but I think Shura has the right of it. Doing that is like an infinite number of times less amusing than leading his own golem army to fight them, which imo is why he says Captain Marvel is "cheating" with the lightning (apparently, Loki does have rules: they're just not the same rules that like, pretty much everyone else in the universe follows). (Also, now I wanna see him interact with Deadpool, really, really badly).

Don't think Kamala would be in favor of him for president, since she thought he was "creepy" for putting the truth serum in the punch. She's too much of a rule follower to view his flaunting of the rules as anything other than negative atm, imo. Honestly, I was much the same way when I was younger, so I can't hold it against her. OTOH, could see Bruno supporting him. Even though neither of them can likely vote, could be an interesting ideological conflict.

I think a lot of people view 'filler' stories as useless, but they don't have to be. They may not directly advance the plot much, but they can still foreshadow and have something to say about what is going on in the main plot, which I think this viking story definitely is doing.

And yeah, I don't have a big problem with the 'God of Lies' thing because I think he can be and is BOTH the god of lies and stories. Also, part of what he realized towards the end of Agent of Asgard is that being the god of Lies doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, because stories are a form of lying, in a way.

Loki and Deadpool have interacted a couple times. Deapool's Art of War which is recent had them together, but it is out of continuity, and there as another time from a while back that is in continuity where, you know, it was as silly as you might expect.

And you may be right about Kamala, come to think of it. Not that i guess it matters much in her case.

Astonishing Member

Shouldn't it be a case of lies are a form of story because you can still tell a story that is true?

[delurking]

So I've just been rereading the last few pages of the thread, and I decided to weigh in on the matter of Loki's love life. Warning: I've been thinking about this too much, lately, and may ramble.

I think Dani Moonstar would be just about perfect for Loki these days. Admittedly, I'm biased as they're my two favourite characters, but it makes sense, to me.

Dani's a total baddass and won't put up with any crap from Loki, but as a former empath and teacher, she's got a very strong compassionate side, as well. She's also been an undercover agent, so she understands what is like not to be trusted by your true friends and allies.

It works for Dani, too. She can be pretty dour, and could use some mischief in her life. She also needs someone outside of her command structure. Someone she isn't giving orders to, taking orders from or in competition with.

They're also about the same age now, and I really liked the interaction between Dani and Kid Loki in the Exiled crossover. (Although, they seemed to dumb Dani down a bit for no reason.)

Interestingly, where Loki is all about trying to reinvent himself in a world that doesn't want to let him, Dani is constantly being forced to reinvent herself and has trouble figuring out who she is in the midst of so much change.

Huh, that's one i had not considered. I guess there is an existing connection, not a huge one, but still, and technically it was with Kid Loki, though this Loki was at least kinda there as Ikol, watching. and she does have that whole Valkyrie thing going on which can tie her to Asgard type stuff. I'll have to think on it, but I think could see it now you mention it, even though it too seems kind of out of left field at first glance.

I do still like the idea of him being with a guy though, since they made his bisexuality canon, but it doesn't mean a lot if he never acts on it beyond that pass at Prodigy.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Shouldn't it be a case of lies are a form of story because you can still tell a story that is true?
    Oh, maybe, but either way, there is overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

I do still like the idea of him being with a guy though, since they made his bisexuality canon, but it doesn't mean a lot if he never acts on it beyond that pass at Prodigy.
    I can understand that. There's actually been some subtext suggesting that Dani is bisexual, so the relationship could still qualify as LGBT if Loki was in female form. Whether Marvel would have the guts is questionable, though.

Look what Jaime McKelvie did for Kieron Gillen's birthday

http://www.wicdiv.com/post/143796221...e-can-actually

I saw that on Twitter. So cute.

So, two things, black and white preview of Vote Loki:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...el-comics-2016

He seems to make his entrance on the political scene by subduing a bunch of gun wielding people? i guess?

With the detail Foss is known for I am really surprised he did not bother to do the scales on Loki's armor. Not as nice looking as i would have hoped, and don't like how he draws the horns, but whatever.

I assume the reporter lady shown is the PoV character mentioned in interviews. I also note she is wearing a cross, so that's kind of interesting.

And Russel Dauterman posted this:

along with many, many other designs: http://russelldauterman.tumblr.com/p...art-by-russell
    Last edited by Raye; 05-04-2016 at 05:16 PM.

Amazing Member

I just seen it. Yeah the art is not fantastic but maybe it might look better with some colour. I don’t know. I mean the art is not bad but it’s not as good as the artists who have been working on Loki series for the past five years or so. It’s going to take a while for me to get use to this art but I most likely will.

I'm still very much excited for this book though!

I was thinking the same that the woman with the close up shot would be the reporter with the POV.

Nice Viking Loki!

I think it's the same woman on both pages, her earrings and the length of her hair match. It appears that she was reporting on some situation that had gotten out of control and people had guns cus 'murica, he ports in, stops it with magic, and then she (along with the rest of the reporters at the scene) turns her attention to him.

We knew from the beginning that Foss's strength is not people, but the shape of the horns and the lack of scales on the armor bothers me more than it probably should. I figured the details of the costume at least would be up his alley. The horns look like antenna. they lack character. and Dauterman's design for Loki has a very distinct shape for the horns.

But as you say, it's serviceable. i'm more interested in this for the writing than the art though, so I'll deal.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-04-2016 at 06:40 PM.