Page 192 of 303 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 4544

I had higher hopes for the art. That doesn't look like Loki at all, to me. I hope the story is better, but I'm really afraid it's going to be played too much for humour.

So... Was reading the latest Axel in Charge, and looking at the art there and noticed something that could potentially be something to check out. I've been following Old Man Logan ever since the Millar story, and in it, there are the two enormous skeletons of Loki and Hank Pym, they say it was an epic fight, but no further details are given. the skeletons were shown again in the new Old Man Logan series, so i though maybe it would be explained, and looks like that is definitely the case: http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...wRes-5f756.jpg No Loki there yet, but from what we know of the story, he must appear at some point. And what's interesting here is that based on this... looks like Hank may be the BAD GUY.
    *edit - ok went back and checked the original story and it appears i was mixing a couple scenes together in my brain. Loki and Pym weren't at the same location. but still, since his skeleton was on the splash page, it may still be shown.

but also just remembered something Avengers Academy related. If you were waffling on whether to buy Wonderman for the event, HOLD OFF, unless you were planning on getting both premiums anyway. the other gold pod on the Hydra platform? it's got Sif in it. I am down to 550 shards myself, so definitely saving it for Sif. Loki hasn't had much dialogue this event, but he did have a nice scene with Natasha after she got her armor. He seems to have a type, and that's 'badass'

oh, and edited to add again - I have no problem at all with the book being funny, as long as it is not at Loki's expense. (but i don't think it will be, the cover of him getting punched by Cap aside) i have been really liking a lot of Marvel's recent humorous books, including Gwenpool, also by Hastings. and I have obviously been enjoying Avengers Academy despite the money grabbing tactics, and all the characters are essentially broad parodies of themselves. (but loving parodies, which makes all the difference) I think it can also still delve into deeper character development and themes while also being funny, too.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-07-2016 at 08:37 PM.

I saw the preview but forgot to coment, well after seen Langdon Foss art it was what I expected, I not a fan of that type of faces to be honest, but the rest is fine I like the details in the backgrounds and the fact that every character is detailed and different instead of make them shadows or scribbles (but yeah, with all the details itīs weird that he didnīt draw the scales) anyway in the interviews they praised how he draws crowds of people and trippy magic and yes heīs very good at this.

The book will have a lot of humour but that doesnīt mean it canīt have balance with more serious issues, the thing is that Loki is a character that works for drama and serious plots, but also for comedy stuff, his series had a lot of funny moments as well as the cameos in other series. I doubt it will reach the Gwenpool or Squirrel Girl level of crazyness but it will have a lot of comedy.

About Avengers Academy, I wasnīt interested in Wonder Man but if Sif is the next one Iīm going to save my shards for her.
    Even if he doesnīt have a lot of dialogue in the event I guess heīll choose a side soon or later, I think in this case he would fit better with Iron Man (but If it were the conflict of the comics or the movie I can see him with Cap)

Loki is a fairly flexible character that can work with a lot of different tones. Try doing doing a light and funny Punisher book, and it really isn't gonna work very well, unless he was the straight man while absurdity happened all around him. But Loki can do funny just fine. He's got a sense of humor, and likes pulling pranks (ok, some pretty mean spirited ones at times, but still) and JIM and Agent of Asgard were also really funny at times, even though there was a lot of heavy themes and tragedy as well. And having read the first issue of Gwenpool, while it is pretty goofy, it's not just silly for the sake of it. It's using that humor to do a deconstruction of a lot of a superhero tropes. It also had had a pretty big dark turn at the end. So, based on that, I am not too worried about the tone. Funny does not have to mean it's got nothing to say. I think it's fairly safe bet that it will have a lot to say about politics. And judging by the presence of the cult and the fact that Ms. Reporter Lady is wearing a cross necklace, it's potentially even going to tackle religion, which is normally kind of treated with kid gloves in mainstream comics out of fear of causing offense, so that could be interesting.

Avengers Academy, looks like Spider-Man will also be available, but he's like a thousand shards. He may also just be early unlock, since I have have a really hard time believing they would make him a limited time premium character. People would riot. So I am still planning on saving for Sif, and I hope she is awesome. But according to reddit, Spidey has dialogue and actions added in the code, but she does not, so he is likely hitting first. We may have to wait a couple weeks for Sif.

Oh, and yeah, while I think as usual Loki is on his own side, if he was forced to pick, he'd be with Tony in Avengers Academy. And frankly, Tony could use the support, even his bff Wasp abandoned him, Cap's got her and Falcon, and Tony's got no one so far. Poor Tony, an army of robots is clearly the more awesome option.
    Last edited by Raye; 05-08-2016 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    The book will have a lot of humour but that doesnīt mean it canīt have balance with more serious issues, the thing is that Loki is a character that works for drama and serious plots, but also for comedy stuff, his series had a lot of funny moments as well as the cameos in other series. I doubt it will reach the Gwenpool or Squirrel Girl level of crazyness but it will have a lot of comedy.
    That's what I'm hoping, but given the covers and the preview art, I'm not so sure that's what we're getting.

I haven't read Gwenpool, yet. ( Hmm, should I read comics or work on Loki fan art? Dilemmas...)

BTW , Stephanie Hans just posted a new Loki pic on Facebook and Twitter.

I'm sure it will be light hearted in a lot of ways, but I just don't see that as a negative, i guess. And I don't think light tone has to mean there's no meat to it.

Jim Cheung just posted this:

http://jimcheungart.tumblr.com/post/...s-marvelcomics

Anyone know if the solicit for issue 3 of Vote Loki has been posted anywhere yet? All i've found is the cover on Marvel's site. Loki seems to be doing a lot better on this one:

http://marvel.com/images/1017661#0-1017661
    Last edited by Raye; 05-16-2016 at 01:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Oh that is so cute and hot (in a "I've never seen this side of Loki before), Loki having his "politician kisses baby" moment but I am a creeped out buy the mothers in the background, shoving their babies at him.

And of course Kid is/was just too adorable.

Awww... Loki kissing ugly babies, itīs kind of weird to see him like that, but also funny (looking at the covers and preview Iīm still not sure if heīs doing right or wrong, I guess theyīre keeping the tradition of confusing covers)

I didnīt find the solicits, just part of a variant cover by Stephanie Hans (it looks very nice so far)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFNTJoPkhgn/

ahh, nice! always good to see Stephanie Hans drawing Loki.

I wonder why his tie is red on her cover, tho.

No clue.

She posted a picture of his face before that one, but I can't find it. She must have taken it down. It's the best he's ever looked.

The regular cover's good, too. I wonder how sincere he is? LOL

Anyone know when issue one comes out? I've forgotten.

yeah, when you said she posted a pic i looked for it but could not find it. :-/ but guess we will all see the full thing soon enough, depending on what issue her variant is for.

June 1st! like, 2 weeks.

Ah, thanks. I'll have to get to the comics store and have them add it to my pull list. Despite my earlier comments, I'm really looking forward to this.

oh, just noticed something a bit disappointing on comixology... the issues are now listed as 'of 4' so looks like it will only be lasting 4 issues. :-/

but that may just be that it gets relaunched with a new title after the election.

Astonishing Member

I hope it gets relaunched with a different title. We sort of knew Vote Loki was a limited book from the premise alone but I want Loki to continue having a solo. As much as I love him, it's not persuaded me to buy every issue of TMT (I only bought #2), I'm not a Jane fan by any stretch of the imagination and TMT is her book so....

Yes, I never expected a series with that premise to last long, but 4 issues is too little, unless he wins and the title gets relaunched (I hope so)
    By the way, Iīve been reading Gwenpool and is much better than I expected (the first time I saw the idea was more like "this us going to be shit") Iīm glad to be wrong because now I trust Hastings will do a good job.