Page 195 of 303 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 4544

It's cute, but the devs are kind of money grubbing, stuff is usually kinda too expensive in the game, and the events kind of drag on. but i like how the characters are enough to stick with it, and post the screenshots here for those who don't play.

Speaking of, got Sif upgraded:

and the last one is a link cus CBR only allows 3 images embedded: http://i.imgur.com/crgSlvl.png

so, Loki is kinda squeamish but she's decided he's gonna be her monster hunting buddy whether he likes it or not.

Where did everyone go? I kinda hate posting multiple times in a row so often lately, but... Russel Dauterman just posted this:

http://russelldauterman.tumblr.com/p.../i-voted-today

So it definitely looks like Vote Loki will be referenced in Mighty Thor.
    Last edited by Raye; 06-07-2016 at 03:43 PM.

The "game" is fun mostly because of the dialoge, at least in my opinion but all those events in a row is getting REALLy tired.

Yeah, There arenīt a lot of news recently, unless we talk about the MCU (btw should start a poll to see if Loki will be a villain or an antihero in the movie).
    Personally Iīve had a LOT of work recently (Iīm losing my mind) so I havenīt had time for read, play , draw or just being human
    Actually I just saw that pic in tumblr and came to post it and yeah, itīs from TMT (not from a variant cover, I had doubts at first) Iīm glad to see that both stories will be tied.

So,if if had waited like half an hour if wouldn't have been posting at myself and yeah, it's good that it will not be an isolated thing. Looks like Jane it's definitely not happy. But I think he could be the best candidate ever and she'd hate it just because of who he is, and it does seem like when she is in Thor mode, she gets extra judgemental and grudgey.

About Avengers Academy, Oh, I know. I just want them to get on with the main story again. I just want to see what happens when Thor gets unlocked. These events are kind of exhausting. And Civil War seems like it was impossible to get everything done, even if you payed money. I only payed for Sif, cus Sif, and I only had around 500 to spend anyway, and I was only able to get Bucky unlocked, was not able to rank him up at all. And looks like I will only be able to get Madame Hydra ranked up to 5 because the event went long. Now, I did refuse the update, so that may be why, but I am an hour from getting her, so the update can wait. I'm just sitting here waiting for troops to train for 3 measly tokens.
    Last edited by Raye; 06-07-2016 at 03:45 PM.

I assumed that there would be references to Vote Loki in other books, but glad to see it confirmed. Jane's reaction to the whole thing is going to be fun to read.

As for the MCU, I wouldn't mind the antihero-ish side of Loki getting explored again...then again, that may be the Agent of Asgard fan in me talking. XD

I did hear that Avengers Academy gets very grindy, but quite a few folks seems to enjoy the story and character interactions. I did play it briefly, but had to delete it off my phone shortly after to save memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    As for the MCU, I wouldn't mind the antihero-ish side of Loki getting explored again...then again, that may be the Agent of Asgard fan in me talking. XD
    Mmm.... after what happened with Odin at the end of the last movie (unless it wasnīt something bad, but I doubt it) probably we will get a villain Loki, at least for the most part of the movie, I mean ...itīs Ragnarok, I would like an ending similar to Siege (but with Surtur instead of Sentry), but I guess itīll depend of how many movies has Tom Hiddleston in his contract.
    But, yeah, I would prefer to see him as an antihero-ish, similar to his role in The Dark World, he was the best part of the movie (not a very difficult task btw, but still a great part)
    To be honest most of the news about the movie are just confusing me, first Hulk, then a comedy director and that it was going to have a lot of humor (I mean, I reallly liked "What we do in the shadows" but this one is "Thor: RAGNAROK"), then Skurge without Amora, then a Valkyrie that is rumored to be Thorīs new love interest ...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    So,if if had waited like half an hour if wouldn't have been posting at myself and yeah, it's good that it will not be an isolated thing. Looks like Jane it's definitely not happy. But I think he could be the best candidate ever and she'd hate it just because of who he is, and it does seem like when she is in Thor mode, she gets extra judgemental and grudgey.
    Glad it's going to be directly referenced in Thor. Aaron is one of the authors who will happily ignore something if he doesn't want to include it into his stories (which I mostly find funny, as it can annoy me but I also kinda respect it--on one hand, it can lead to a lack of cohesion between titles, but on the other the main storyline isn't derailed as frequently). He has set up Loki as the deuteragonist for the current arc, so it will be interesting to see how things progress, especially since the war in the realms is not yet over.

As far as Jane's reaction, she currently believes Loki to be murderfriends with Malekith, which precludes him from being the best candidate. Yeah, she did refuse to listen to Loki and if she had things likely would have turned out otherwise, but honestly if we hadn't seen his recent character arc for ourselves, in addition to all the little hints directed to the reader in TMT that he's not evil that she hasn't seen, we'd probably view her skepticism as a sign of intelligence. I mean, one of my friends who reads TMT actually mentioned it as a reason she was a better Thor after the fifth issue, because I'm guessing he didn't read AoA and the fact Odinson continued to believe Loki after numerous backstabs is commonly attributed to a lack of intelligence. Now, I love Loki's relationship with his brother (and vice versa), even especially that Odinson continued to at the very least hold onto the hope that he could become a better person, but it's easy to argue that this was a dangerous blindspot that in the past resulted in the pain and suffering of innocents. Basically, Loki's like the boy who cried wolf. Especially when you consider that he hasn't done anything bad lately, but she wasn't really active in the community at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    Mmm.... after what happened with Odin at the end of the last movie (unless it wasnīt something bad, but I doubt it) probably we will get a villain Loki, at least for the most part of the movie, I mean ...itīs Ragnarok, I would like an ending similar to Siege (but with Surtur instead of Sentry), but I guess itīll depend of how many movies has Tom Hiddleston in his contract.
    But, yeah, I would prefer to see him as an antihero-ish, similar to his role in The Dark World, he was the best part of the movie (not a very difficult task btw, but still a great part)
    To be honest most of the news about the movie are just confusing me, first Hulk, then a comedy director and that it was going to have a lot of humor (I mean, I reallly liked "What we do in the shadows" but this one is "Thor: RAGNAROK"), then Skurge without Amora, then a Valkyrie that is rumored to be Thorīs new love interest ...
    I've been wondering what angle they would pursue in the movies. Both because they do seem to try for some degree of similarity between the characters (which I view as a neutral overall, it depends on the character and story) and because of how he's been a more sympathetic character in the movies than he was as a villain in the comics. I actually think it's possible that there's this weird kind of synergy, given how close the first movie came out to Kid Loki's first appearance, where the popularity of his portrayal in one helped sustain the other, which in turn helped bolster the first, etc, but without retconning his backstory. Given the popularity of the character in the movies, and the fact that his recent turn as an antihero in the comics has been well received critically as well as gaining fans (and villains are generally unable to sustain solo titles), I'd think it far more likely that they'd move to align the movieverse Loki with the current comic version than vice versa. Tho, you're right, with Ragnarok it could end up being a sort of Siege scenario where he realizes how much he's messed up.

Astonishing Member

I want him to have his "Siege" moment. It is the catalyst to this massive shift from mustache twirling villain to anti-hero. The problem is death is very permanent for MCU villains and I don't want Loki to permanently die.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I want him to have his "Siege" moment. It is the catalyst to this massive shift from mustache twirling villain to anti-hero. The problem is death is very permanent for MCU villains and I don't want Loki to permanently die.
    I highly doubt that Marvel Studios would kill Loki for good. Way too popular at this point.

about Vote Loki - I don't think it's unreasonable for Jane to distrust him running, and you're right that she has not seen everything we have (though, she did work wit him in Squirrel Girl. that was before Jane knew it wasn't Kid Loki all grown up, but still, he did save the day) but I do still think that her being in Thor mode will exaggerate her response, like it has every other time. She is less willing to listen to anyone, much less him, when she has the hammer in her hand. As just Jane, she's a diplomat, she sits on the council of worlds, and while she's no gullible sucker, she talks things through, she listens. Pick that hammer up, all problems become nails. Which, of course will not work too well in the realm of politics. Which is likely why Aaron is going to be using the Vote Loki story. During God of Thunder, we saw how Thor Odinson's approach of turning all problems into nails kinda backfired when Broxton was destroyed, and now Jane is taking on that trait of his, and has to learn that lesson as well. Or maybe she can't learn it, maybe it's baked into the hammer.

MCU - I do think he will be the villain. After what happened to Odin, while we don't know specifics, it's likely not anything good. But I also think a Siege style sacrifice could work, which could lead into a JIM based TV series or something.

Fantastic Member

about Vote Loki - I don't think it's unreasonable for Jane to distrust him running, and you're right that she has not seen everything we have (though, she did work wit him in Squirrel Girl. that was before Jane knew it wasn't Kid Loki all grown up, but still, he did save the day) but I do still think that her being in Thor mode will exaggerate her response, like it has every other time. She is less willing to listen to anyone, much less him, when she has the hammer in her hand. As just Jane, she's a diplomat, she sits on the council of worlds, and while she's no gullible sucker, she talks things through, she listens. Pick that hammer up, all problems become nails. Which, of course will not work too well in the realm of politics. Which is likely why Aaron is going to be using the Vote Loki story. During God of Thunder, we saw how Thor Odinson's approach of turning all problems into nails kinda backfired when Broxton was destroyed, and now Jane is taking on that trait of his, and has to learn that lesson as well. Or maybe she can't learn it, maybe it's baked into the hammer.

MCU - I do think he will be the villain. After what happened to Odin, while we don't know specifics, it's likely not anything good. But I also think a Siege style sacrifice could work, which could lead into a JIM based TV series or something.
    Fair points. I had forgotten she was currently working as a diplomat (oops>>). I hope treating all problems as nails isn't fundamentally a part of the hammer, just a very easy thing to become accustomed to doing (if I had a super weapon, I would probably try to figure out a way to use it for literally everything, even things like grocery shopping...which is one of many reasons why I will never have a super weapon). It does seem to affect her personality, though, which would honestly make me hesitant to lift it, even if I were able to (see above for a reason why I likely would not be). I still totally would, because MAGIC HAMMER, I'd just probably try to change that aspect of it if I figured it out, which would likely end badly.

That's true, it may simply be that she has this object of immense power, and figures it's best to use that best cause it is powerful, not to mention it's probably quite a rush. But Mjolnir in her hands has displayed something resembling thought in some ways. Like in the fight with Loki when she spoke to the hammer and told it to 'end it' and it just zipped of if and pinned Loki without Jane doing anything besides letting it do it's thing. Prior to that when Jane was calling the shots, things weren't going so well. But it's hard to say exactly what that implies.

In any case though, throwing Mjolnir at Loki here will only make her look like the bad guy. He's technically doing nothing wrong, aside from most likely doing *something* to allow him to qualify to run at all, but presumably that is not proven, or he would no longer be a candidate. She has no cause to attack him besides just being Loki, but he's clearly quite popular with the public, so not like that would go over very well. Hammer is useless here.

Now you're just making me wish for a Journey into Mystery spinoff to happen. The other realms haven't gotten nearly as much attention in the films, though maybe Ragnarok might finally solve that issue?

a JIM spinoff would be great, but honestly i dunno if it could work, now that i think about it. the MCU went and made Asgard all about science that's so advanced it appears to be magic, when JIM kinda requires MAGIC magic.

Anyway, Vote Loki preview: http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...66&postcount=5

I knew he had to be hiding in the audience somewhere. His commentary on politics being about narrative is interesting. but... this does kinda disappointingly hint that he may be behind this attack. He seemed to know he was going to be making his grand entrance here, not merely watching. Though, if it is his doing, it's quite possible these Hydra goons are merely illusions, and there was never any actual possibility of anyone getting hurt. so... *edit (again) oh wait, nope, they can't be illusions, one guy actually did get shot.
    Last edited by Raye; 06-09-2016 at 12:29 PM.

Fantastic Member

a JIM spinoff would be great, but honestly i dunno if it could work, now that i think about it. the MCU went and made Asgard all about science that's so advanced it appears to be magic, when JIM kinda requires MAGIC magic.

Anyway, Vote Loki preview: http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...66&postcount=5

I knew he had to be hiding in the audience somewhere. His commentary on politics being about narrative is interesting. but... this does kinda disappointingly hint that he may be behind this attack. He seemed to know he was going to be making his grand entrance here, not merely watching. Though, if it is his doing, it's quite possible these Hydra goons are merely illusions, and there was never any actual possibility of anyone getting hurt. so... *edit (again) oh wait, nope, they can't be illusions, one guy actually did get shot.
    Hard to tell from just the preview. Hopefully, it will be raised in the comic itself by one of the reporters, since it does seem awfully convenient. OTOH, I honestly could see him being amused by the political process and sneaking in just to get a better look and ask some "gotcha" questions (and maybe post the resulting article on buzzfeed, lmao). Or he could have heard rumors of a possible attack and decided to make use of it, which is a lot more morally dubious but not as evil as actually putting together the attack.

Definitely no solid evidence, but I think we're supposed to think he is actually operating mostly non-evilly (or else the question from the later solicit of whether or not he'd destabilize a country on purpose to help his chances because moot).