Page 199 of 303 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 4544

Bishoujo Loki statue from SDCC!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Bishoujo Loki statue from SDCC!

Sexier than comic book's Lady Loky, if you ask me. Good work.

she looks great! I think the nails should be black, tho

Thank goodness, maybe now people will stop whining about Aaron undoing Loki's character development from Agent of Asgard. first 2 pages of Mighty Thor he flat out said to Freyja that he was acting for the greater good and was trying to SAVE her life. which many of us here had already put together, but man, were some people irate about it....

Also, he shaved, which will make a lot of people happy.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-N...count_id%253D1
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-F...count_id%253D1
    Last edited by Raye; 07-27-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Fantastic Member

Lol, yeah, I think I've said before, I like to imagine Aaron being like, "OMG people, you can stop sending me letters now." I'm glad it was made explicit, though. Even if we had guessed, I think the signs point to them clarifying Loki's status by the end of October (they did say we would receive a good explanation about why he ran in Vote Loki, and it makes sense to keep the development concurrent). Kind of glad; hopefully, we can see some more honest interactions between him and other people or get something from his POV. Did anybody else think (from September's solicits for TMT) that he might pretend to be Jane? It could get shield off her back, and despite her animosity towards Loki, she'd have to play along. It would also set him up to tell Mjolnir's story in the following issue. Unless Thor mind-melds with the hammer or something.

Also, was anybody else impressed that he was able to "ghost" into Freyja's room? I mean, I know he's super sneaky, but still. That said, it might point to Odin's power being diminished post SW (Thor has been more powerful than normal, though, idk). Also, participating in the transfusion: that was both "daww" and "okay, I'm impressed, you should go to bed now" considering that the doctors warn Odin against continuing to donate blood.

A new thought just occurred to me. I was thinking that Mjolnir's strageness, Nick Fury etc. had something to do with Blake (that whole part of the mythos never was resolved, and Jane is nicely mirroring his story). With Loki trying to get followers for his church, it makes me think that Aaron's going to do some more exploration about the relationship between gods and their mortal followers. The reason I started thinking about Blake was because we're shown thru the stories about young Thor that he tried and tried and was never able to lift the hammer until he became mortal. It reminded me of how Death of the Endless (Gaiman) would spend a day each year as a mortal and die at the end of it. Not sure how King Thor would fit in with this, especially after the destruction of Midgard.

Lastly, nothing to do with this issue, but I've changed my mind about the odds of Loki becoming president. Strangely enough, it was the solicit for USAvengers that first did it. Specifically, because the idea/roster behind that team sounds so crazy and hyper-nationalistic, but then you look at the members and see that it's incredibly multicultural. Also, someone was commenting on how it would be such a bad special ops team, which could even be part of the point. They'd serve as their very own smokescreen, as well as propoganda and whatever bad guys they happened to punch, as a bonus. It just seemed like such a Loki idea, something he'd throw together and sell to the public and then spend days laughing about after because it undermined the points it was supposed to represent while being entirely legit on the surface level. One of the major reasons I thought Loki wouldn't win/take the job was because the corruption of the government is so important to churning out plots. But we already know USA is replacing SHIELD. Then there have been the captain america announcements lately. Steve's in the perfect position to seriously screw everyone over as one of the most trusted moral figures in ... I can probably actually say the universe here, can't I? So yeah, the universe. Then, there's Captain Marvel's apparent jumping off the slippery slope, and the fact that solicits indicate her side wins (precogs help with that, I guess ) So there's plenty of drama, at least for the moment. And if they ever want to use him in a different position, the writers can just create some crisis that forces him to resign/play traitor/something.

Russel Dauterman posted the unlettered and un-coloured pages of that scene on his tumblr: http://russelldauterman.tumblr.com/p...as-possibly-my

Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post
    Lol, yeah, I think I've said before, I like to imagine Aaron being like, "OMG people, you can stop sending me letters now." I'm glad it was made explicit, though. Even if we had guessed, I think the signs point to them clarifying Loki's status by the end of October (they did say we would receive a good explanation about why he ran in Vote Loki, and it makes sense to keep the development concurrent). Kind of glad; hopefully, we can see some more honest interactions between him and other people or get something from his POV. Did anybody else think (from September's solicits for TMT) that he might pretend to be Jane? It could get shield off her back, and despite her animosity towards Loki, she'd have to play along. It would also set him up to tell Mjolnir's story in the following issue. Unless Thor mind-melds with the hammer or something.
    oooh, yeah, I hadn't thought of that that's a good theory, it seems obvious now. He COULD put up an illusion to pose as either Thor or Jane (probably Jane because presumably Thor will need to fight at some point, which would require lifting Mjolnir. He's been a pretty good boy lately, by his standards, but not THAT good) to throw SHIELD off her trail. I mean, he's most likely done it before, I still think that was him that passed off that cult flyer to Nisa.

Also, was anybody else impressed that he was able to "ghost" into Freyja's room? I mean, I know he's super sneaky, but still. That said, it might point to Odin's power being diminished post SW (Thor has been more powerful than normal, though, idk). Also, participating in the transfusion: that was both "daww" and "okay, I'm impressed, you should go to bed now" considering that the doctors warn Odin against continuing to donate blood.
    Yeah, seemed to be a pretty good trick. At first i thought he had made peace with Odin, but then realized Odin or the other person there never acknowledged his presence at all, so he had to have been invisible to them. Either astrally projecting into her room, or selective invisibility, or... something. It is a pretty good trick, either way. And yes, him helping with the transfusion was sweet. Though, he's the one who poisoned her, you'd think he'd have the antidote somewhere. But he may be waiting for the opportune time to use it. He wants her to live, but she has to stay asleep long enough for the Malekith threat to pass.

A new thought just occurred to me. I was thinking that Mjolnir's strageness, Nick Fury etc. had something to do with Blake (that whole part of the mythos never was resolved, and Jane is nicely mirroring his story). With Loki trying to get followers for his church, it makes me think that Aaron's going to do some more exploration about the relationship between gods and their mortal followers. The reason I started thinking about Blake was because we're shown thru the stories about young Thor that he tried and tried and was never able to lift the hammer until he became mortal. It reminded me of how Death of the Endless (Gaiman) would spend a day each year as a mortal and die at the end of it. Not sure how King Thor would fit in with this, especially after the destruction of Midgard.
    Her dealing with cancer also kinda makes her EXTRA mortal, because she is staring death right in the face. So yeah, that may have something to do with it, having to experience mortality in a personal way. But that can't be all there is to it, or every mortal would be able to lift it.

Speaking of Mjolnir, it acted on it's own again here, in a very overt way. Jane doesn't even seem to understand what it's doing. Seems to be more evidence that she's not so much better at being Thor, as that maybe Odinson kept Mjolnir on a much tighter leash. It seems like Mjolnir is kinda steering the ship in a lot of ways.

Lastly, nothing to do with this issue, but I've changed my mind about the odds of Loki becoming president. Strangely enough, it was the solicit for USAvengers that first did it. Specifically, because the idea/roster behind that team sounds so crazy and hyper-nationalistic, but then you look at the members and see that it's incredibly multicultural. Also, someone was commenting on how it would be such a bad special ops team, which could even be part of the point. They'd serve as their very own smokescreen, as well as propoganda and whatever bad guys they happened to punch, as a bonus. It just seemed like such a Loki idea, something he'd throw together and sell to the public and then spend days laughing about after because it undermined the points it was supposed to represent while being entirely legit on the surface level. One of the major reasons I thought Loki wouldn't win/take the job was because the corruption of the government is so important to churning out plots. But we already know USA is replacing SHIELD. Then there have been the captain america announcements lately. Steve's in the perfect position to seriously screw everyone over as one of the most trusted moral figures in ... I can probably actually say the universe here, can't I? So yeah, the universe. Then, there's Captain Marvel's apparent jumping off the slippery slope, and the fact that solicits indicate her side wins (precogs help with that, I guess ) So there's plenty of drama, at least for the moment. And if they ever want to use him in a different position, the writers can just create some crisis that forces him to resign/play traitor/something.
    I always thought he had a pretty decent chance of winning, but yeah, the New Avengers/USAvengers stuff kinda cinches it for me. Especially considering it's Al Ewing writing those. They're being coy in the solicits about why the New Avengers are even on Air Force One, but the timing of that story is way too close for it to be coincidental, i think. And you're right, the USAvengers seems kinda Loki-ish. But they can't really announce anything with any of this until after the final issue of Vote Loki is released, so it's a bit frustrating.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Is this all from the new Mighty Thor or is it from Vote Loki?

the part with Loki talking to Freyja and revealing that he was trying to save her is from Mighty Thor... the rest is a mishmash of random tangents.

Spectacular Member

Well, I always knew Aaron wasn't just going to chuck all of Loki's character development out of the window. That anyone thought so was silly, I thought.

But yeah, this was a great moment, and as usual, Loki just kind of breaks my heart. Not only the fact that he acted to save Frejya and the realms, but also that he's sacrificed his reputation here, is letting everyone believe he's evil for their own sake, is in itself so sad and tragic.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Is this all from the new Mighty Thor or is it from Vote Loki?
    Yeah, the first part of it was coming from TMT (and then like Raye said, it kinda diverged). Honestly, probably more than half of it was just speculation, it's been quiet here lately so several things have been bouncing around my head but I didn't ever end up making specific posts about said things. Some of it is just an analysis of the MU as a whole (from various different recaps, spoilers and solicits I've read). As an addendum to my last post, the writers also seem to be positioning Loki in an ideal role to help unravel the "Steve as a Nazi" thing and the knot left over from Civil War. After all, he's probably one of the very few characters (who would be concerned) who could see past Steve's reputation, both because of his trickster tendencies and because he wasn't a part of the hero community. If he ends up being a key player in saving Steve, I may have to find a way to slip it into conversation sometime with some of my friends who used to read Marvel and no longer do, just for the fun of seeing their reactions. (Disclaimer: I am probably 5000% wrong. That is a lotta percents).

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

oooh, yeah, I hadn't thought of that that's a good theory, it seems obvious now. He COULD put up an illusion to pose as either Thor or Jane (probably Jane because presumably Thor will need to fight at some point, which would require lifting Mjolnir. He's been a pretty good boy lately, by his standards, but not THAT good) to throw SHIELD off her trail. I mean, he's most likely done it before, I still think that was him that passed off that cult flyer to Nisa.

Yeah, seemed to be a pretty good trick. At first i thought he had made peace with Odin, but then realized Odin or the other person there never acknowledged his presence at all, so he had to have been invisible to them. Either astrally projecting into her room, or selective invisibility, or... something. It is a pretty good trick, either way. And yes, him helping with the transfusion was sweet. Though, he's the one who poisoned her, you'd think he'd have the antidote somewhere. But he may be waiting for the opportune time to use it. He wants her to live, but she has to stay asleep long enough for the Malekith threat to pass.

Her dealing with cancer also kinda makes her EXTRA mortal, because she is staring death right in the face. So yeah, that may have something to do with it, having to experience mortality in a personal way. But that can't be all there is to it, or every mortal would be able to lift it.

Speaking of Mjolnir, it acted on it's own again here, in a very overt way. Jane doesn't even seem to understand what it's doing. Seems to be more evidence that she's not so much better at being Thor, as that maybe Odinson kept Mjolnir on a much tighter leash. It seems like Mjolnir is kinda steering the ship in a lot of ways.

I always thought he had a pretty decent chance of winning, but yeah, the New Avengers/USAvengers stuff kinda cinches it for me. Especially considering it's Al Ewing writing those. They're being coy in the solicits about why the New Avengers are even on Air Force One, but the timing of that story is way too close for it to be coincidental, i think. And you're right, the USAvengers seems kinda Loki-ish. But they can't really announce anything with any of this until after the final issue of Vote Loki is released, so it's a bit frustrating.
    I think he's actually being pretty heroic right now. Not enough to lift Mjolnir, because that weapon is super, super picky, but I would probably judge his actions and intents thus far in TMT to be good instead of neutral (not enough info about what he's doing in Vote Loki, so I'm not taking that into account). He did use bad methods, but he was backed into a corner and he's trying to undo what harm he caused. With that said, you do raise a good point about an antidote. I'll shrug about that one, since I don't have a good answer. As far as the rest is concerned so far he's (somewhat ironically, considering all the backstabbing) been pretty self-less. His actions have been more to his detriment than his benefit, and he realized that and still chose to do them. That said, it could just come down to how we prefer to see the character.

I agree that it was probably him speaking with Nissa, which I hadn't thought of until you pointed it out.

This issue of TMT, coupled with the last mentioning strange energy signatures, definitely indicate that there's something up with Mjolnir. I hope this is resolved and Jane is able to take point, I think having it be the hammer detracts from her agency. (The other Thor-related speculation I have is whether or not Loki helps find his brother, but this mostly comes from hope and the likely coincidental launch of that new series with all the stuff I talked about in my other post).
    Last edited by Riimi; 07-27-2016 at 09:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

This is very heartbreaking. Loki is stuck between a rock and a very hard place. He's trying stop Malekith but he doesn't have a lot of options. The only thing he could do has basically ostracized him further from his family because they think he tried to kill Frejya. He's more alone now than ever before and we don't know how his brother is going to receive him once he's back but I can hazard a guess and say it won't be with a brotherly hug. This is the most good Loki has ever been and it still makes zero difference to people's perception of him. I love it because it makes him so much more compelling than if he was good and people acknowledged it or if he was bad just as people believed, it doesn't hurt any less however.

I have a question does it look like he's helping with the transfusion because to me, it looks like his astral projected self is letting the tube pass through his hand to show the reader (on top of Odin ignoring him) that he's not physically there?

I am curious about Mjolnir and this story around the hammer but like someone else has already said, I doubt they will do away with Jane's agency just to show Mjolnir as more self aware and having free will to choose the one who wields it even if Odinson is worthy (based on the end of SW). If Loki is going to impersonate Thor, it makes sense that it be sickly Jane because he won't be able to lift Thor and therefore won't fool anyone.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 07-27-2016 at 11:44 PM.

Hey folks, quick question for you more knowledgeable Loki fans...!

I collected the Kid Loki saga from JiM those years ago, and then continued on with the Phantom-Copy Loki in Y.Avengers. I sort of stopped following PC-Loki's adventures when he was aged up a bit and got his own series, as it didn't really keep my interest... I was wondering if there's been any mention of the fact that this Loki is in fact a Copy + Paste of the original Loki, or if it's just accepted that he's Loki now? Also, does he still suffer massive guilt for what he did to Kid Loki? AND (finally), has there been any mention of Kid Loki since? I know characters tend to resurface and die a lot in this medium, and I'd like to cling on to the hope that KL will, one day, return (though it would obviously detract from the tragedy).

Astonishing Member

They addressed all of that towards the end of his solo. He's the same Loki from YA continued. Unfortunately KL won't make a return as his creator already stated, he really died and this Loki is what we got. His story continues to grow and expand but it draws from all his past experiences, from evil Siege Loki to Kid Loki to YA Loki to agent of Asgard Loki to this Loki. He's not the same but he is Loki.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 07-27-2016 at 11:53 PM.