Page 212 of 303 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 4544
    BANNED

Talking Happy Halloween!!!

Halloween Thor loki Kid Loki marvel art Journey Into Mystery luckyraeve ART

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    In more game news, if you want Loki in contest of Champions it is now a painless process as long as you can log in at least once each day starting today, he is the final prize on the November login rewards. you could get away with starting tomorrow, but no later, and that means no missing a day at all. Also, someone in my alliance got Nightcrawler from one of the regular crystals, so we're getting closer to me being able to open nearly a hundred crystals in search of a 4 star Loki, if the one i get from logins is only 3 stars. Maybe 2 months.

Also i got the costume in MH, and it's not limited time, so if you want it and also want to save some g's, you can wait until the next time they do a costume sale or something. there is a costume sale on right now, but because his costume is brand new, it's not included.

ps where is everyone?
    Say Raye... I've just bought the vote Loki costume, but I can't find it anywhere. My character's items were full, so I'm afraid it disappeared. However, the store says I own the costume. I have no idea where it is or how I can change costumes... Help!

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    Say Raye... I've just bought the vote Loki costume, but I can't find it anywhere. My character's items were full, so I'm afraid it disappeared. However, the store says I own the costume. I have no idea where it is or how I can change costumes... Help!
    If your inventory was full, it will have been put in a sort of spillover, so don't worry. In the upper right, under the map, there will be an icon a sort of purple gift (or is it orange? Eh, just click everything there) and you'll get a thing to claim items, probably along with a bunch of SHIELD tokens if you haven't checked it in a while.

Apparently the big update is hitting the test server this week, so we will be able to see what his new powers and such are pretty soon. I just really hope there is a Talent to revert Lay Waste to how it used to be, though.

Avengers Academy, Strange event has started and as you would expect Loki is involved cus magic and all. But his costume, which allows him to fight in ANY special event from this point forward from day one is a leader board grand prize, going to the top 50 players. So basically, the only way you have a chance is if you are willing to drop hundreds of dollars on this event, it's a total pay to win competitive spending scenario, which really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    If your inventory was full, it will have been put in a sort of spillover, so don't worry. In the upper right, under the map, there will be an icon a sort of purple gift (or is it orange? Eh, just click everything there) and you'll get a thing to claim items, probably along with a bunch of SHIELD tokens if you haven't checked it in a while.

Apparently the big update is hitting the test server this week, so we will be able to see what his new powers and such are pretty soon. I just really hope there is a Talent to revert Lay Waste to how it used to be, though.

Avengers Academy, Strange event has started and as you would expect Loki is involved cus magic and all. But his costume, which allows him to fight in ANY special event from this point forward from day one is a leader board grand prize, going to the top 50 players. So basically, the only way you have a chance is if you are willing to drop hundreds of dollars on this event, it's a total pay to win competitive spending scenario, which really sucks.
    Thanks, I've found it. I was worried I had lost it.

So that's how you get that yellow monstrosity in Avengers Academy? Damn... I will not waste my money on that. If it were a Kid Loki costume (preferably turning Loki into a actual kid and not just the costume though), I would consider buying it, but that costume? No. Strange is right, his horns are too much. He looks like a member of the Sinestro Corps.

Astonishing Member

I think this is why I stopped playing Marvel Future Fight (my first and only time playing these games) because I quickly realized I needed money in order to advance and as a non American converting my little South African Rands to US dollars was more than a tall order so I quit within a month. I don't know how you guys do it especially when you add buying comics on top of that. I mean I have seen people's pull lists and not just Marvel (who are way too pricey btw) and it's crazy how much money is spent on comics and it's affiliates.

Edit: can someone post a pic of that yellow monstrosity (lol). I may not play AA but I certainly enjoy seeing what Loki is up to in the game and I certainly appreciate that he isn't a side character, something I wish would translate into the comics so I can go back to reading him once a month. I miss Loki like crazy.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 11-06-2016 at 06:13 AM.

At least this is just a costume. Not like you have to rank in the leaderboard to progress the story or anything. I am in Canada, so I feel your pain on exchange rates. at times it is even with the US dollar but it's rare. Not sure if South Africa would be better or worse in that regard. With Marvel Heroes, I have only ever bought G's when they were on sale, the G's for Loki's costume had been sitting in my account for like 6 months. I also pay with them at least partly with Steam wallet funds. I have a lot of badges for games, so i get free 'cards' every once in a while which you can sell for Steam money. And in Avengers Academy I am pretty choosy with what I get, and they do sometimes give free shards so as long as you're not spending them on it's possible to stretch them out. This event I bought Nico Minoru because she is my fave Runaway, and she was cheap (my AVAC standards) too. But that will be it. No way am I falling into the trap of chasing after Loki's gaudy costume. But games and comics are my primary form of entertainment. So this is my entertainment budget. But, you know, within reason.

Here is his costume, it's gaudy as hell, but I actually kinda like it:

Last edited by Raye; 11-06-2016 at 08:25 AM.

Fantastic Member

Lol I love how in that picture Loki's telling Thor more or less to piss off and Thor just looks so damn excited. Like, "oooh! Sorcery stuff! You will have to tell me all about it, brother!" I actually kind of like the costume. It's gaudy and overdone as hell, and I think that's kind of the point.

Don't feel like there's much in the comic world to talk about I hope Loki will get another solo, but I'm afraid he won't after the mini did so poorly. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

All I have left is baseless speculation. Oh, and to remark that, based on the events of the last issue of TMT, as well as the letters page from Unworthy Thor (which I really enjoyed, btw), the god butcher timeline seems like it's still intact. Although that was awesome and I do really love the melancholy feel of it, I hope for the characters' sake that they're able to change it. I bring this up because Loki's going to be the best at that if it becomes necessary. Also, I was wondering, given he seemed so certain he was trying to save Frejya, if she died in the original story and he was aware of that. Having her unconscious maintains much of the same impact, storywise, so he could have been forced into that.

Or maybe not. I really hope he shows up in the next issue of TMT.

Astonishing Member

Oh my goodness that costume is so bad and ostentatious but so Loki I love it, lol. There's so much yellow, good thing I don't suffer from xanthophobia (fear of all things yellow including the word yellow). And those horns, lol. I've been hoping to see them get bigger but that's clearly pushing it.

I do love that he's practically telling Thor he can't play in this sandbox because....magic and that is his specialty where Thor can't overshadow him because he's Thor. It's cute.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 11-06-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Heh, yeah. Thor just kinda showed up as Loki was posturing because Loki said 'worthy' and I really don't think Loki likes Thor getting involved in the ONE thing he's indisputably far better at. But Thor just wants to hang with his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post
    Lol I love how in that picture Loki's telling Thor more or less to piss off and Thor just looks so damn excited. Like, "oooh! Sorcery stuff! You will have to tell me all about it, brother!" I actually kind of like the costume. It's gaudy and overdone as hell, and I think that's kind of the point.
    Right, he is kinda put off by Strange showing up and being the big sorcerer on campus, so he feels like he has to show him who's boss. And over compensating due to his insecurities and such, so you get THAT. Tony's costume is also ridiculous, he's determined to show that magic is lame and science is the best, so he's setting out to try and make Magic look like a bunch of silly fluff, but he's just making himself look petty and ridiculous in the process. Also getting hurt because he is getting into situations he is in no way equipped to deal with.

Don't feel like there's much in the comic world to talk about I hope Loki will get another solo, but I'm afraid he won't after the mini did so poorly. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

All I have left is baseless speculation. Oh, and to remark that, based on the events of the last issue of TMT, as well as the letters page from Unworthy Thor (which I really enjoyed, btw), the god butcher timeline seems like it's still intact. Although that was awesome and I do really love the melancholy feel of it, I hope for the characters' sake that they're able to change it. I bring this up because Loki's going to be the best at that if it becomes necessary. Also, I was wondering, given he seemed so certain he was trying to save Frejya, if she died in the original story and he was aware of that. Having her unconscious maintains much of the same impact, storywise, so he could have been forced into that.

Or maybe not. I really hope he shows up in the next issue of TMT.
    Yeah, I think we may have to count on a Thor and Loki teamup book if we are going to get anything at all with him in a central role. I like him in Mighty Thor, but he can sometimes skip entire issues cus, you know, it's not his book. Hopefully once Unworthy Thor is done and Odinson is worthy again with a new hammer, we can get something like that. They will have to get Thor to forgive Loki, though.

"Kieron Gillen’s complete epic! The god of lies has been reborn, but will young Loki be Asgard’s savior? For when Earth is gripped by Fear Itself, ancient prophecy says only Thor can stop the monstrous threat of the Serpent – but the plan is doomed to fail without help from Loki. Will the trickster find redemption – or damn himself for eternity? Either way, a Nightmare lies in wait hoping to rule the world – and Loki will have to risk everything on his craziest scheme of all! Plus: a forgotten hero returns, the New Mutants lend a hand, Captain Britain needs help with a godly war, and Hela sets her sights on the Holy Grail! But will all the nine worlds end in Surtur’s fire?

COLLECTING: JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY 622- 645, EXILED 1, NEW MUTANTS 42-43, THE MIGHTY THOR 18-21"

The entire run in one volume! Coming in August, apparently. Handy because of how disjointed it is, jumping between 3 different books.

Also, guess who got Loki in Contest of Champions, finally? Only 3 star but that's good enough to run some quests and stuff. I've got him teamed up with Agent Venom, Red Hulk, X-23, and Venom, since I don't have Thor yet, and those gave me the best bonuses with him of the characters i had available. He's very fun, thankfully. That also moved me away from merely logging in once a day to actually playing, and the new Dr Strange event quest features him too. Basically: Dr Strange is gathering a bunch of magic users to help free Guillotine (a character made for the game) from Thanos. He gathers Wanda, Dr Voodoo, Mordo, and Loki. Partway through, someone betrays the team to Thanos, and they, but mainly Mordo, are all blaming Loki, and he's like 'i saved all your asses just now, you ungrateful idiots' and points out Thanos can mind control people (as I suspect the movie version of him can say with some certainty) and then it turns out Mordo was the traitor. But do they apologize for falsely accusing Loki? nooo....

We just got information on Avac's winter event: https://news.marvel.com/games/56237/...ngers-academy/

Apparently it'll be an Asgard/A-Force fusion event. Malakith is the main villain, trying to freeze everything over. Jane FosThor is gonna be the first character, joined by Angela and a returning Sif, then we'll also get She-Hulk, Singularity, America and Captain Marvel.

Most importantly though, we're finally actually getting a female Loki costume! Apparently her plot for the event is that she's gonna try to get close to A-Force for somewhat dastardly reasons, but then end up realizing that she actually likes the group a lot. That's pretty super cute, and feels like a nice reversal of the original super boring secret wars A-Force "twist" as well.

hey, the thread lives! sort of. I was just.... tired of talking to myself.

And yeah, i saw that. Seems like it should be fun. I think I will likely stick to either Frost Giant or Lawki after the event is over though. He and Union Jack are too cute, and Brian would not like Lady Loki much.

In other mobile game news, in addition to that monthly reward, Loki has been added to the regular crystals in Contest of Champions, so i was finally able to open my nearly 100 crystals to try and get him.... and I got both him and Jane as 4 stars! So this is my team at the moment:

Obviously, I need dude Thor as a 4 star, but the 3 star version i found will do for now. It will take a while and an absurd amount of gold to rank everyone up higher than he can go, anyway. Also need a 4 star of either Tony or Magneto. But the main focus is on Loki and the 2 Thors, of course. I actually have Loki twice now, once as the 4 star and once as a 3 star (duped, even)

comics news... I am assuming everyone saw the final page of the last issue of Thor. But I am of course hoping Loki finally double crosses Malekith next issue. The bit with the Vanir sorcerer kinda being frozen kinda makes me think Loki was doing his astral projection thing at him? maybe? I dunno. But the letters page for Unworthy Thor kinda reassured me on that front, since it said they would be facing off against Malekith and Kurse, no mention of Loki, despite him standing right there. He's got the Elf Queen's chain in his hand, so this may have been his way of getting her free in relative safety? who knows, guess we will see in a couple weeks.

Also, solicits for Unworthy Thor also had me a little worried since it said someone was manipulating the situation, or something (I'd have to check the exact wording) and, well, that is kinda Loki's thing.... but the end of the most recent issue kind of strongly suggests it is Hela, not Loki. So there may still be hope for Loki and Thor to end up in a book together afterwards, fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-08-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Ey, itīs been a while, be there wasnīt much to talk about.

My AvAc game doesnīt work (again...) so I finally give up, at least for a few month, I follow the tag on tumblr to see the dialogue. which is by far the best part of the game.

About the comics, problably Loki will do something in the next issue, I feel it will be mostly from backstage, the main action will be with Malekith and Kurse, and I also think that a few page will go to interaction between the members of the League of Realms, at least if Aaron wants them to stick during the rest of his run and not just one mission and done like the last time, I also like them, it has an old nostalic fantasy vibe that make me want to replay Baldurīs Gate or something like that

I too think it will be Hela in Unworthy Thor, she also one of the few characters of the preview cover that hasnīt shwon up in the new series, also ... whatīs her position know? the same she had at the end of Queen of Hel right? unless they decide to ignore or change something.

Whatever happens next issue, it will have to have some degree of finality to it when it comes to Malekith and this War of the Realms. Maybe not finish it entirely, but a definite end of chapter moment, because the issue immediately after is the beginning of the whole Shi'ar thing. Sure, they can kinda jump back to Asgard and whatnot while she and whoever else is off in space fighting the Imperial Guard to show what's going on, but they probably won't be able to devote a lot of time to Malekith and co. So since Loki is heavily involved with the War of the Realms plot right now, I really hope that whatever happens next issue lets Loki break free of that to some extent, otherwise we may see even less of him than we have the previous few issues. My biggest hope is that he manages to split from Malekith just as his brother comes home with the new Mjolnir and finally we can maybe get a duo book with them? My biggest fear is that he's just going to continue to work with Malekith and just be in 'sympathetic villain' mode, which is not what i was hoping for with him. If he does not somehow try to work against Malekith, it will be a big disappointment to me.

And yes, as far as I am aware, Hela's position has not changed, which is part of what led me to think it was her in Unworthy Thor, since the person talking to Thanos, in addition to having Hela's trademark black speech balloons, mentioned that her position and power level had recently taken a major blow.

BANNED

Hela seems most likely.