Page 214 of 303 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 4544
    Astonishing Member

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!

And may the new year bring us lots of Loki/Thor Odinson goodness comic-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rc1ca View Post
    She is going available in week four. This week is susposed to focus on America and her knight outfit. Loki is apart of week four but you can start to collect her stuff in week three. They removed her gold border so she is optional for week three. Found this out on the Reddit of AVAC . Have you seen the solicit for the next Thor ? The snark between Loki and Malekith in the bit that is showen is down write funny.
    that is a relief. Still going to try for streak 7 though since turns out Singularity's costume was super useful (kinda regret missing Thor's by like 10 maps now) and I do still have lots of time left, worth a shot at least.

and no! Been busy Witcehring (that game is phenomenal. I got it a while ago but wanted to play all 3 right through, even though i had played 1 and 2 several times before, which....took a while...) and doing Christmas preparation stuff so haven't been looking online much, if not for the emails i get for this thread i likely wouldn't be here I really hope the snark is indicative of Loki turning on Malekith finally. I know Aaron has said he did not want to undo the development Loki has seen in the past few years, but making him a villain 'but one you can really sympathize with!' well... that is undoing that. He worked super hard to escape the bad guy role, motivations are almost irrelevant, it was the ROLE he wanted to escape. And now he's back in it. Which is fine if it's all a ruse, but... i am just kinda getting tired of them either drawing this out so long, or just forgetting that.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-24-2016 at 08:26 PM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

and no! Been busy Witcehring (that game is phenomenal. I got it a while ago but wanted to play all 3 right through, even though i had played 1 and 2 several times before, which....took a while...) and doing Christmas preparation stuff so haven't been looking online much, if not for the emails i get for this thread i likely wouldn't be here I really hope the snark is indicative of Loki turning on Malekith finally. I know Aaron has said he did not want to undo the development Loki has seen in the past few years, but making him a villain 'but one you can really sympathize with!' well... that is undoing that. He worked super hard to escape the bad guy role, motivations are almost irrelevant, it was the ROLE he wanted to escape. And now he's back in it. Which is fine if it's all a ruse, but... i am just kinda getting tired of them either drawing this out so long, or just forgetting that.
    IKR!

Marvel has a real issue with just letting some villains who have been around forever and pretty much told all the stories you can with that character just develop past being a cackling idiot.

Loki had appeared to finally do it, and in a really interesting way.....and yet no, sucked back in......
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Yeah... I guess itīs partly because heīs a secondary character in a series with a lot of things happening and thatīs why it goes so slow, itīs understandable but Iīm impatient, when you have many issues without him is difficult to find something else to discuss in this thread (well, thereīs many things to talk about the series overall in other threads... but Iīm lazy)

The preview looks good by the way, I hope it doesnīt focus too much in battle panels.

Fantastic Member

Maybe it's because I'm more invested in Loki than I am in Jane, but I feel like the story overall has been moving a bit slowly (at least, when you consider the monthly release schedule). Though, Malekith has been running around for --what?--three years, now? Hopefully, this is where we move towards resolution with that plot arc. I'm still fairly confident that Loki is working against him, the issues that do have him in them point strongly towards that conclusion. I read the preview and was like, "Stab him in the back! I believe in your backstabby ways, Loki!"

And then hopefully Malekith will respond with something along the lines of "Curse your sudden, yet inevitable betrayal!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riimi View Post
    Maybe it's because I'm more invested in Loki than I am in Jane, but I feel like the story overall has been moving a bit slowly (at least, when you consider the monthly release schedule). Though, Malekith has been running around for --what?--three years, now? Hopefully, this is where we move towards resolution with that plot arc. I'm still fairly confident that Loki is working against him, the issues that do have him in them point strongly towards that conclusion. I read the preview and was like, "Stab him in the back! I believe in your backstabby ways, Loki!"

And then hopefully Malekith will respond with something along the lines of "Curse your sudden, yet inevitable betrayal!"
    After reading the preview, I felt the same. It's simply too good a set up for him not to betray Malekith. No way Loki passes on that whether he's good or evil and I'm leaning towards him still being good. The problem is Malekith is banking on itand probably has a contingency for it but in order for Loki to fool him, Loki has to be as convincing as possible, like literally backstabbing his mother. He will likely commit a lot of bad acts but he'll leave invisible backdoors for himself to try and fix them, whether he succeeds is up in the air. Loki's good and causing problems, not fixing them. So it takes him to very edge of being bad but I doubt Aaron will push him over unless Marvel has already decided they've had their fun with good Loki and it's time to get mustache twirling evil Loki back but we all know that trick has long since played out.Nothing new or fresh could ever come out of that.

If Loki is ever going to fall off the wagon, then he deserves to have it happen in his own book where every beat will be played, it's not going to happen when playing second fiddle in a book he barely features.

Unfortunately without him appearing in his own book his actions are so much more questionable because we don't have his pov all of the time. I'm hoping this changes with time.

Sometimes i feel pretty confident that it is all a ruse and Loki is planning on backstabbing Malekith because there have been a number of hints that Loki is not exactly completely on board with Malekith's plan. But yeah, it has been drawn out a long time, it's frustrating, and sometimes I do worry that they are returning him to bad guy status, jut a more sympathetic one. which would suck. With any character that does a turn, be it face or heel, overcoming the momentum built up over the previous years of stories is really hard, which was the WHOLE POINT of Loki's story, that his past was pulling on him to be what he had been. That he had overcome that momentum was his victory. It would just be such a shame to have that victory erased.

in AVAC... I got America, but her costume requires beating streak 7 THREE TIMES. pffft, yeah, right. So, I think i will beat streak 6, just cus i have the catapults, and see how we earn red decorations next week for Loki's costume, since I have only about half the horns, anyway.

I'm glad I found this thread. Loki is great but I am a little behind on what he's been up to lately. Still, I hope Marvel continues to utilize him.

Well, that was disappointing. Still more hints that he probably will backstab Malekith in the future, but not much else, and he threw the queen to her most likely death beforehand. she was saved, but he had no way to know for sure she would be. I am actually not so sure anymore that this is something he planned, too many perfect opportunities have slipped through his fingers. Like, what is he WAITING for?! Seriously. If he waits any longer there will be nothing worth saving left. I am really getting tired of this being drawn out, and next storyline is in space so it is unlikely to be resolved for months yet.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-28-2016 at 05:46 AM.

Default What is happening?

So, Loki related news in the latest Civil War II issue. I'm won't spoil what happens, but we get to see several futures from Ulysses perspective. And here's the last one he sees:

Civil War II (2016) 008-025.jpg

What is happening? Is this the King Loki vs King Thor future? Is this a possible future or the really gonna happen future? Why are Loki and Thor fighting? Is Loki evil again? Is Loki wearing the Godkiller outfit? What is going on?
    Last edited by kaimaciel; 12-28-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Fantastic Member

I read the issue. I wonder if someone will make a main thread for it--I'm curious if the general consensus is that it's dragging, or if our priorities make it seem that way. Even from Jane's pov, though, they really only accomplished "rescuing" the elf Queen. And maybe determining that Kurse doesn't want to be Kurse, but I'm not sure that counts--Kudos for the guess about the identity by the way, Raye.

Maybe Loki's general mopiness whenever he has to do anything evil is secretly giving everyone a debuff. That is his secret strategy all along.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    So, Loki related news in the latest Civil War II issue. I'm won't spoil what happens, but we get to see several futures from Ulysses perspective. And here's the last one he sees:

Civil War II (2016) 008-025.jpg

What is happening? Is this the King Loki vs King Thor future? Is this a possible future or the really gonna happen future? Why are Loki and Thor fighting? Is Loki evil again? Is Loki wearing the Godkiller outfit? What is going on?
    Wow, I feel like there's more to say about this snapshot than there really was after the issue (which really kind of maintained the current status quo). Since they took the time to tease it, we're going to see it in the comics, although your questions remain. I think it makes more sense for it to be the current timeline (Loki already traveled back to the past from the King Thor timeline). It totally looks like they're fighting each other, but I'm hoping that's a misdirect. I was actually wondering if Loki is trying to prevent the original King Thor timeline before this dropped (on account of it really sucking and he'd have knowledge of it from King Loki), but didn't really have anything to back that up. Maybe he's dithering now so he can play one enemy against the other. Plus, he totally needs a new sword after Thor broke the last one.

Most importantly: That helmet totally does not go with that outfit. Shakes head in shame.

I really do hope they're not fighting, but it could look like it because Aaron hasn't clarified what side he's really on and wouldn't want to do so outside the main comic. If they are, I'mma smack him on his hat. And tell him his outfit looks stupid. (One of these will be much more effective than the other).

Amazing Member

I know very disappointing but I have faith in Arron and he will vindicate Loki , we just have to wait a long time .

Look how long we watited to get Thor and Loki to some extent not looking like homeless bums .

Try to look on the bright side as long as Arron has use of Loki no one else gets him . So far he can still come up on the side of of chaotic neutral.
    I think Arron will have Loki do his backstabbing closer to the queen of cinders arc, Lausa( think that spelt right ) is his sister and it hints that she will become this queen so I see him backstabbing then rather then now as Malekith is not stupid nor are the other members of his allies and they are all watching Loki who's history actually works against him then helps him even among villeins . I see him becoming even more trickster like as befitting a god of stories

Who here was shocked at the revel of the new Kurse is. Sorry for the long reply Just my few cents

Well, obviously i was not surprised, i called it weeks ago. It's on the previous page of this thread.

Yeah, no one really accomplished much of anything, really. And next issue is the beginning of the Shi'ar war, so it's most likely all going to be taking a back seat to that. But like I said before, I am just growing frustrated with the wait. I can see no reason why Loki could not have ended this entire conflict on that balcony, the opportunity was perfect. He was alone with Malekith, the queen was right there, he could have prevented the destruction of the castle. But nope. Waits. Even if killing Malekith didn't end the conflict outright because someone else stepped up, it would have severely weakened it, since Malekith is the leader. I get that this is not Loki's book, and having Thor sit on the sidelines while Loki saved the day would have been... weird. But I want Loki's actions to at least make some sense once this is all said and done. If he's really done all heel turn but is like, having second thoughts, which is more how it's being presented this issue, then it doesn't make sense with how Agent of Asgard ended. If it's all ll all ruse and he joined Malekith so he could dismantle the plan from the inside, then why has he let so many good opportunities slip by?

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post

Well you said yourself that it's one of several futures. They can't ALL come true, only one of them, if any. It's always been a bit of a problem when it comes to showing 'the future' in the MU. We see the 'future' in the King Thor timeline and it is different than in Old Man Logan, which is different from 2099, on and on and on. They are put forth as the future in the story being told, and it works well enough in that context, but if you look at the MU as a whole, you know not all of them can happen, they usually contradict each other. All 'the future' can ever be when shown in comics is a POSSIBILITY, one of many. Even if this future comes to pass in the Thor books, that's still all it is, and it's a possible future i am sure will be stopped somehow. There are also a couple things wrong with this for it to be true in the current timeline, such as Mjolnir being the old square model rather than Ultimate. I think they most likely just are showing some of the more prominent futures, King Thor's included.

But, this paired with today's issue of Thor... I mean, does Marvel really think most people want him to go back to being the bad guy, so the same stories we've seen many times over get put on repeat? :-/
    Last edited by Raye; 12-28-2016 at 12:29 PM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

But, this paired with today's issue of Thor... I mean, does Marvel really think most people want him to go back to being the bad guy, so the same stories we've seen many times over get put on repeat? :-/
    Yes.

Look at Rebirth over at DC. The majority of fans never want anything to change. They just want to eat nostalgia, then go back to complaining about how nothing ever changes.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Though one major difference there is that the changes to Loki were, from what I can tell, very well received by fans, while a lot of the changes undone by Rebirth were.... less popular.

And I am in the minority, I know, but I've dropped all Rebirth books except Midnighter and Apollo, (and that is just a mini) Batman and Nightwing. I will also be getting the Wildstorm book by Ellis and likely any spinoffs, but that is not part of the DCU, and looks like it changes up the old Wildstorm universe quite a bit. I like things to move forward, not just tread water, or worse, move backwards. I am enjoying the hell out of Spencer's Captains America, I wanted Cyclops to go full bad guy and was really super disappointed wih how that ended up going... it's not that I want change for the sake of change, and sometimes stories that change a lot don't end up being good. But if they fail i don't think it's because they changed the status quo, it was just a poorly executed story. Maintaining the status quo just because it's familiar is no better, and can result in equally bad stories.