Page 215 of 303 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 4544

id prefer anti villain Loki over anti hero loki personally

i dont need every single good villain except Red Skull turned good myself
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

But they're not doing that. Magneto flip flops and has done so for decades, but right now I'd put him more in the anti-villain category, a well intentioned extremist. it's just that his attention has turned away from the X-Men and their goals often align, but he will take actions towards those goals they would not, but the X-Men are now more likely to turn a blind eye to. It's not that he's gone good so much, it's that the X-Men have gotten darker and let things from him slide they never would have before. Sabretooth is the result of the inversion and judging by how some other inversions have worn off, it's likely to wear off for him as well, and he is on Magneto's team which is very much the darker side of things. And Doom is up to something, he is playing the part of hero, he isn't actually one. And those are really the only ones I can think of?

But in any case, Loki had something they lacked, a multi-year storyline taking him from villain to anti-hero. I just don't want that to all be pointless.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-28-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I hardly think that it will all be pointless. Loki is far more useful this way than he's ever been before. Plus, I think fans genuinely like him better this way. The thing is, we don't know if he's sort of being kept hostage by Aaron or if other writers just really don't want to use him.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

But in any case, Loki had something they lacked, a multi-year storyline taking him from villain to anti-hero. I just don't want that to all be pointless.
    This is the bit that annoys me too. It was such a good story, it had such a good theme and it really really did seem to have impact on a character that had, like most arch villains, become incredibly stale.

Sending him back to cackling villain just seems so.....dull, so samey and so backwards
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Well, he is an Asgardian, so he is much more likely to be used in the Thor books, which Aaron is in control of. I don't think it's so much that no one else is allowed to use him, but that Aaron controls the corner of the universe where he is most likely to be used, and is using him in his story. A new solo isn't out of the question, or even being part of a team of some kind, (that new Secret Warriors book seems like it could be a decent fit for him since they've said it won't be all Inhumans. Doing somewhat shady covert ops seems kinda like his thing) but yeah, they kinda need to wait until this Malekith story is over because Loki is in it neck deep. Which is part of where my frustration about it being dragged out comes from. Until it's over, he is kind of off limits for anything else, not because he is forbidden so much, but that anything they do has to kind of line up with it, which is hard when they're keeping his motivations sort of a mystery. We got Vote Loki, but that was a mini, not an ongoing, which is probably the only reason it got a pass.

Extraordinary Member

Well, and Vote Loki sort of tied into what Aaron was doing...sort of. We saw a Loki who was trying to come to terms with his new place in the universe, which was fun.

Just read the newest Unworthy Thor preview and great news for fans of the Journey into Mystery run. Thori the Hel-Hound is back, although apparently some how the collector got his hands on him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Just read the newest Unworthy Thor preview and great news for fans of the Journey into Mystery run. Thori the Hel-Hound is back, although apparently some how the collector got his hands on him.
    I lol'd

"he named me Thori"

lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Technically he was already back in Queen of Hel, but it may not have been THE Thori? I'm not really sure i didn't actually read it just heard about it.

But the inclusion of Thori here is unexpected, and may point to Loki showing up in the final couple issues...

I wonder if there should be one issue where Loki has to take care of a baby, and people would be surprised that he's very good at it. He would probably tell them all that he has done this before thousands of time, and has even nursed some of his children. Some people will be confused when he means by nursed, and he tells them that he has been mother to many as well as father.

Default No Thor...

why.jpg

I think my heart just broke in two... :,(

If only Thor knew how much Loki loves him. It's so sad.

And Thori was the one who betrayed Kid Loki. Funny he didn't mention that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kaimaciel View Post
    why.jpg

I think my heart just broke in two... :,(

If only Thor knew how much Loki loves him. It's so sad.
    You know....you can get a lot of mileage out of that....

Aw, Thor sweetie, no. I bet Thor assumes he named Thori that to mock him or something, but it was really done out of affection. It was Kid Loki, not Ikol/Loki, but still.

But, especially with Thori there, and what I am pretty certain is Hela, I dunno, i think there could be a number of ties to Gillen's JIM. I think Loki showing up in the final couple issues is actually fairly likely. Obviously, Thor will not be pleased to see him, but I don't think they would have included this bit of dialogue unless they needed to set up in this story where their relationship is right now. It's kinda heartbreaking, that after so many (literally thousands!) years of continually forgiving Loki and giving him countless chances, Thor's turned his back on his brother when he's finally ACTUALLY trying to do good(ish) but I think it is necessary. I've said this before, but when they had a good relationship in Agent of Asgard and the Tenth Realm mini, that relationship was founded on a lie. Thor thought it was Kid Loki aged up, but it wasn't. It made the relationship kinda hollow and not genuine. They need to forge a relationship based on the ACTUAL reality of the situation, and that may be hard, but it should be worth it in the end.

in Avengers Academy, I have Lady Loki (who looks great, but the costume is kinda glitchy. she kinda stays at the finishing spot of her most recent action forever or until the game is reloaded, and the face is all screwed up when this happens. they will hopefully fix this) and it is nice that for once Loki gets to be one of the strongest fighters in an event. Normally Loki is one of the first fighters unlocked, so since the fighters get stronger and stronger as the event progresses, eventually Loki is doing pitiful damage compared to the others and is not really worth using past the early chapters. but right now my team is Loki, Carol and Singularity, and they were just able to beat streak 8 in 2 tries. With upgrades Loki is the strongest (since I have had more time to collect upgrades) without upgrades, she is second strongest after Carol. both Carol and Loki can solo the guards at this point and I am just TWO ichor blades from getting Angela's costume, so hopefully i get lucky in streak 9's guards. Loki and Angela's interactions are nice, they even have a shared action called 'forge bonds' that does the Club A drinking animation from the Hangouts system in the Halloween event. But I only have Angela upgraded to rank 2 right now, because ornaments are hard to come by, so i don't think I will be able to see much more of that storyline outside of screencaps from someone else.

How is everyone else who plays AVAC doing for Loki? I just checked the reddit because I was curious about how far people had progressed, and it seems a lot of people will be missing out on Loki and/or Angela, let alone Carol. I was kinda surprised cus I had been playing quite sparingly, I've been spending more time Witchering than anything else game wise, and have intentionally been shooting for Heroics so i could check the game as infrequently as possible. So I dunno, I didn't think Shulkie was THAT big a help? but I guess so, she was the only thing i spent shards on. Well, I had Sif from before, the health packs from her did help.
    Last edited by Raye; 01-05-2017 at 12:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    You know....you can get a lot of mileage out of that....
    I think you're right

BANNED

Tom Hiddleston teases Loki meeting Doctor Strange