Page 216 of 303 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 4544

Kinda nice to have it (sorta) confirmed, but that was pretty easy to piece together from those set photos of Loki and Thor on the street with Strange's business card, combined with the Dr Strange after-credits scene where Thor was visiting Strange. No, Loki wasn't in that scene, but he was in the Sanctum Sanctorum based on the dialogue. I'm guessing Hiddleston just wasn't available the day they filmed that.

Astonishing Member

There's an interesting moment due to the appearance of Loki within UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #16.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    There's an interesting moment due to the appearance of Loki within UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #16.
    Without meaning offence to fans of that series, but I think I'd rather have my eyes put out than look at that art - it is just as far from my taste as it can get.

However, I would like to know what happens
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Squirrel Girl is celebrating her 20th birthday and invites (among others, most notably Black Widow, Falcap, Iron Man and Spider-Man besides her regular supporting cast) Loki and both Thors to her party. More like Thor invited himself, and SG and Nancy begged him to bring Loki, much to Thor's annoyance. I dunno how she keeps those 3 from fighting, but whatever. Odd detail: dudeThor and Loki are both in sharp suits, but for some reason everyone else is in costume, even Doreen. (granted, Tony has a pretty good excuse, being minus one ambulatory body at the moment, and I guess Jane and Spidey have secret identities to worry about) So I dunno. Loki insists she open his present, which is making suspicious noises, promises it will be 'hilarious'. OG Thor pleads her not to. Then, after Red Skull's attack is thwarted, she opens it and though it is not shown on panel, according to the caption at the bottom inside was a 'Asgardian lesser prank beast' but the rest of the contents of Loki's present were 'actually really sweet'
    Last edited by Raye; 01-12-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Squirrel Girl is celebrating her 20th birthday and invites (among others, most notably Black Widow, Falcap, Iron Man and Spider-Man besides her regular supporting cast) Loki and both Thors to her party. More like Thor invited himself, and SG and Nancy begged him to bring Loki, much to Thor's annoyance. I dunno how she keeps those 3 from fighting, but whatever. Odd detail: dudeThor and Loki are both in sharp suits, but for some reason everyone else is in costume, even Doreen. (granted, Tony has a pretty good excuse, being minus one ambulatory body at the moment, and I guess Jane and Spidey have secret identities to worry about) So I dunno. Loki insists she open his present, which is making suspicious noises, promises it will be 'hilarious'. OG Thor pleads her not to. Then, after Red Skull's attack is thwarted, she opens it and though it is not shown on panel, according to the caption at the bottom inside was a 'Asgardian lesser prank beast' but the rest of the contents of Loki's present were 'actually really sweet'
    Well, that's nice.

And is in character for fun Loki and not evil Loki. So maybe he wont go back to being fully evil.

Maybe....
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Yeah, I liked it. I actually wouldn't mind at all if Ryan North wrote a Loki book. He's treated the character well both times he's written him. A bit silly, yes, but he did seem to understand where where he was at, and didn't seem to want to undo the face turn. And I think Loki has had enough angst for at while, i'd kinda like to see him just be fun. He doesn't have to be all about the tragedy all the time.... he is (well, was, technically. But I think he still has a lot of this in him) the God of mischief, there's a ton of room for fun there.
    Last edited by Raye; 01-12-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Regarding Avengers Academy, the Ultron Event just started and we get to recruit Kate Bishop, Viv and Hawkeye. My game has more girls than guys now, I could use some male characters too, plus they once again improve Natasha with another suit. No offense, but I think Natasha is too over powered in this game: she tamed the Venom Symbiot, Cthulhu, beat up Ares... I think they're trying too hard o make her badass.

As for Daredevil's remark about her heart not racing when she's with Loki, we get that she's Clint's ex-girlfriend, Wasp says she blushed when she mentions him and Kate tells her that Clint never shuts up about her. We're getting the Clintasha pairing. Poor Loki... she really was just playing him. I wish Tinyco would bring Verity.

I guess I know why the dating option disappeared, they're establishing solid pairings.

I think dating got replaced with hangouts (which are technically platonic, but you can pretend are romantic if you want) because it was a way to please both the people who wanted the characters to retain their canon sexualities, and the slash shippers. I think it was likely the only way they could please the slash shippers at all, actually, because I doubt Marvel would permit them to allow a romantic pairing with, say, Tony and Steve as an example, since they are supposed to be canonically straight, and I think that wold be one step too far removed from Canon for Marvel. I think a change can happen, but it would have to be in the comics (maaaaaaaaaybe movies, but probably not) first, like Iceman. But yeah, they are pushing some official couples as well. Biggest one seems to be Kamala and Falcon which is.... weird... but at least Loki and Union Jack is cute, as soon as they detach him from Nat. (and they will, once he finds out she's been using him)

but on Nat and Clint... to be fair, I mean, we can't really fault her for going out with someone before she ever MET Loki. People have exes.

But yeah, I am actually liking BW less as time goes on, not just because of the playing Loki thing, but because they're making her this unstoppable badass (that pretty much EVERY male student has a crush on) that no one else on the campus can ever hope to hold a candle to. i am all for her being a badass... just... you know, not to this extreme. Not in a way that makes pretty much every single other student on campus look like a chump. Also, her fixation on the secrets Fury is hiding is getting annoying. she will do anything, even if it is dangerous to herself AND OTHERS, use people (like Loki) and other questionable to outright wrong actions in pursuit of it.

I mean, we're all here discussing a character that's usually a villain, but when he was a villain, his actions were clearly wrong, and acknowledged as such, even if he had sympathetic motivations. And though he still does some shady things, overall he is at least moving in the right direction rather than the wrong one.
    Last edited by Raye; 01-21-2017 at 09:06 PM.

On the other hand, finally got my Agent of Asgard with no Jacket from Marvel Heroes

loki aoa no jacket.jpg

I am so happy with my purchase.

why is the trim black? but still looks good

I kinda gave up on MH after being disillusioned with how the movement changes and character reviews, but especially his, were going. but may have to go and get that at least (I mean, the G's are there for it, I got a 90% coupon and bought the biggest package available, so may as well)

edit - UGH! and all the changes I hated the most are in there, even after i and many others complained endlessly about them, it's basically identical to their first round of testing with it. **** this. horrible.

but i see it's not actually black, it's shiny gold. which is an improvement over the dull yellow of the default version of this costume.
    Last edited by Raye; 01-27-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Loki, as well as a bunch of the other AvAc characters, will be appearing on a Captain Marvel variant cover:

In a way this kinda makes me sad. because i think Avengers Academy would make a great comic, but it's only a variant cover.

Worth noting that the cover is by David Nakayama, who does all the character designs and splash screens for the game. a little oddly, all the characters seem to be in their rank 1 outfits, but Loki is in a hybrid of his rank 1 and 2.

and speaking of AvAc.... I broke my tablet, so looks like Viv is gonna be the end of this event for me.
    Last edited by Raye; 01-31-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Loki, as well as a bunch of the other AvAc characters, will be appearing on a Captain Marvel variant cover:

In a way this kinda makes me sad. because i think Avengers Academy would make a great comic, but it's only a variant cover.

Worth noting that the cover is by David Nakayama, who does all the character designs and splash screens for the game. a little oddly, all the characters seem to be in their rank 1 outfits, but Loki is in a hybrid of his rank 1 and 2.

and speaking of AvAc.... I broke my tablet, so looks like Viv is gonna be the end of this event for me.
    How did you break your tablet?

How much have I missed with recent Thor in regard to the whole Loki going evil story line I have to wonder?

Also, yeah it could make for a fun comic for fans of the game as well as could be easy to get in for the younger set.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    How did you break your tablet?

How much have I missed with recent Thor in regard to the whole Loki going evil story line I have to wonder?

Also, yeah it could make for a fun comic for fans of the game as well as could be easy to get in for the younger set.
    I slipped and fell on my ass. got a pretty good bruise on my tailbone and some sore stomach muscles from me apparently making a valiant effort to (successfully, thankfully) stop myself from cracking my head on concrete. My tablet was in my hand at the time, and was not so lucky. It's functional in the sense that it turns on, you can see all the files there if you plug it into the computer, and the screen responds to touch, i can hear it unlock, but the screen is black. I tried opening it up and re-seating the cable connecting the screen, but that didn't work and I don't know what else to try aside form either replacing it or getting it repaired by a professional. I tried using Bluestacks to finish the event, and i was able to finish unlocking Viv with that, but it runs REALLY sluggishly on it, and is kinda glitchy, and I can't be at my computer as often as would be required to really finish the event. But Viv and Kate were the only ones i really wanted, anyway. I'd have liked to have the others, but Clint is just early access, so not a disaster.

I don't think Loki is actually going evil. I think he is going to backstab Malekith... they're just taking their sweet time about it, which is frustrating. Especially since they are now on the Shi'ar storyline which likely means that whole thing will be put on the back burner for a while. Nothing about it was mentioned last issue, and the issue before it started ended with Loki letting a PERFECT opportunity to end the whole thing slip through his fingers. I just wish I knew why he was waiting while one opportunity after another, (while being all mopey and snarky about Maelekith behind his back and clearly being disappointed with having to be his lackey... if so disappointed with what he's doing, why doesn't he just END IT?) to break Malekith's plan from the inside slips past. My hope now, since it is unlikely this will be mentioned again in the main Thor book in the near future, is that Loki will show up in Unworthy Thor, given that Thori has shown up there. I know that is just a miniseries, but hey, it's something. And it may be the time to finally reveal what he is really up to. I actually get the sense that Aaron is having a hard time fitting everything he wants in the story. like he's pictured this whole big scenario, but it's too big to fit in the books, and some aspects are not getting as much attention as they may deserve. Hence having to tell Odinson's story in a miniseries, but unfortunately Loki did not get that same treatment.

I think an AvAc comic, if handled right could appeal to people who don't play the game as well. I mean, the game itself is just time management, basically. it's the story and how the characters have been re-imagined that is the appeal. Just say it's an alternate universe, like they did with X-Men '92, or Spider-Gwen.
    Last edited by Raye; 02-01-2017 at 03:19 AM.

I have been messing around in Marvel Heroes to make some builds and have 2 that I like so far. Figured I'd share.

Dark Ruin: http://marvelheroes.info/build/879/

and Everything Burns: http://marvelheroes.info/build/938/

(of course i had to make a fire build called that, how could I NOT?)

Of the two, Everything Burns does considerably more raw damage, but the Dark/summons build is waaaay more survivable, and I personally find the Dark one to be more fun