Page 232 of 303 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 4544
    Extraordinary Member

We all know Loki is going to change the style around. The question is, what will it be now? Like, nice modern chic with a taste of post-modern electronica and a little bit of old world opulence?

And no, you're not overthinking it!

But I think I am when it comes to my part of the first argument.

I have no idea what I was saying...

Well, as the Sorcerer Supreme, he needs space for odd magical artifacts and books, probably as a top priority. Traditionally, that stuff has been the top floor, the one with the Vishanti seal window, and I think it seems logical to leave it that way, no reason to change that up as far as I can see. Magic junk and spell book library on the top floor, living space the first 2. Seems good. And it is the first 2 floors Loki would definitely change. Strange's old fashioned furnishings are SO not Loki's style. (though, this does maybe explain the fancy chair he's sitting in in that Legacy cover) We saw how he decorated his place in Agent of Asgard, and it was perfectly normal, modern furnishings. But I think with a place like the Sanctum Sanctorum, he may want to fancy it up a bit, so I could maybe see a bit of Asgardian type stuff coming into play, and some gold items, probably the top floor, but also maybe in the foyer where visitors could see. But in general, I think that sort of thing is more old-school Loki, not modern Loki. I think Loki definitely would want some modern comforts, he'd have a nice TV, appliances, etc. and ditch the forest and swamp and all that weirdness. I think modern Scandinavian would both look nice, fit his style, and give a nod to, well, not Asgard, but at least the places they were worshiped. It has a lot of bold shapes, and relies on simplicity of form. My family is Danish, my dad was an architect, and worked in a Danish furniture store here before his house design business really took off, so my family has a lot of these kinds of furnishings, slightly dinged floor displays from the shop, so I know this style well, and i think it would suit Loki. Take a look at this: http://designinghome.blogspot.ca/201...an-design.html and it just seems to fit where he is at currently, imo. But yeah, maybe throw in some old artifacts and magical items here and there as accents to make it his own thing. But yeah, as I said, as soon as Strange sees this, he would be HORRIFIED, this is the DEAD OPPOSITE of his design sense.

Extraordinary Member

Me like

Classic modern!

We've seen this artist draw Loki before, but I want to see what he looks like now, especially sibe that fancy chair was Strange's cloak

the fancy chair i was thinking of is from the Legacy wraparound cover, this one https://www.expertcomics.com/media/k...e16c7f98_L.jpg not the Dr Strange cover. though, yeah,it's cool how he's sitting on it like a chair.

My one concern with the cloak of levitation is that, when Loki's got his coat on, it's got a white fur collar, so his colour scheme becomes, green, yellow, black, white and red. Not just busy, he runs a high risk of looking like a damn Christmas ornament. The black will help, and without coat, it removes the white, lessening this effect a bit, but still, green yellow and red is awfully Christmas-y. It looked allright on the cover, though. And I guess Vision makes it work, minus the white.

and yeah, curious to see what Walta does with Loki. We've seen several pics of his Strange, but none of Loki, at least not drawn by him. You can KINDA see Loki in the window on Walta's cover:

but he is tiny and has his back turned. And seems more classic style, which is maybe a bit concerning, since I really like Loki's current costume, even though he needs to fix the tears on the coat, but the other cover had him in his current outfit, so maybe Walta just hadn't gotten the memo of Loki's new costume when that cover was drawn.

Oh, another thing i think could work (but again, this is just a little guess and probably will not happen) is if maybe Loki takes the trees planted in his living room for some bizarre reason and moves them to the roof. That could work. I'm half considering dusting off the Sims and creating my vision.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-13-2017 at 02:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I'm guessing that the cloak will be close to pink or maroon than colored as true red. That being said, it's hard to know what is going on with Loki's costume. Loki might just have longer horns in that one shot, it might be a mistake, it might be Strange only "seeing" Loki as oldLoki, or it could be Loki messing with him. Loki is still clearly story Loki in every other cover or promotion we've seen.

And where is Strange going to be staying?

Fantastic Member

You guys are cracking me up. I also had the thought that he might look like a christmas tree with the red and green color scheme, but I don't think the cloak would allow itself to be recolored. Even temporarily, or with an illusion. It has an attitude. The promo picture they did with the announcement looked good, though.

So, there's a new thread with (supposedly) leaked solicits for December. They look pretty legit to me, but there's that disclaimer out of the way.

Anyways, there are two(!) solicits for Loki: Sorceror Supreme:

DOCTOR STRANGE #382
    Loki: Sorcerer Supreme Part 2
    • Loki continues to protect the world from magical threats, but... That can't be all that he's after, can it?
    • Stephen Strange certainly doesn't trust the God of Lies and Mischief.
    • The play that Strange makes at the end of this issue will shake the Marvel U to its core!
    Rated T+

DOCTOR STRANGE #383
    Loki: Sorcerer Supreme Part 3
    • Doctor Strange isn't getting anywhere taking Loki on by himself, so he's changing the venue.
    • The former Sorcerer Supreme goes to Asgard for help, and they aren't exactly welcoming.
    • But don't worry, Strange didn't come alone...
    • YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHO GUEST-STARS IN THIS ISSUE!
    Rated T+

and he also is showing up in squirrel girl again:

UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #27
    THE FORBIDDEN PLA-NUT Part 1
    What happens when we take Squirrel Girl back to her roots? Well, we shoot her into space, OBVIOUSLY. Nancy and Tippy find themselves on an alien world where all is not what it seems. Squirrel Girl needs to find a way to get to the other side of the universe to save 'em, STAT. Intergalactic transport through the cosmic realm? This sounds like a job for the Sorcerer Supreme! I'm sure Doctor Strange will be happy to he - I'm sorry, what's that? Doctor Strange is gone and now LOKI is Earth's Sorcerer Supreme? Oh. Well, I'm sure he'll do his best. After all, what could possibly go wrong? Guess what, in this issue, everything possible goes wrong! PLUS: Includes 3 bonus MARVEL PRIMER PAGES!
    Rated T

so, if these are true, that's exciting. (I also doubt he's purposefully malicious in SG, Ryan North seems to love the current good-ish version of him, so of course he has him show up).

Addressing another rumor we've discussed (less Loki centric), a separate post lists the creative teams, and the team for Avengers #675 is TBD. At this point, I'd be surprised if Aaron didn't take over. I'd still be surprised if they put Loki on the team, but I guess it's possible that they are setting it up in the Loki: Sorceror Supreme Arc.
    Last edited by Riimi; 09-13-2017 at 11:27 AM.

ooooh, bi-weekly! I wasn't expecting that. I wonder if this means they need the story to move at a good clip to set up things elsewhere.

hm... It sounds like Strange is going to some extreme measures. And this teamup mentioned, I am assuming it is in reference to this: "The second issue of my run (Doctor Strange #382) has one of the craziest reveals in recent Marvel history. It’s something I pitched when I first got to Marvel, and I was convinced as I pitched it that they would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS let me get away with it." so yeah, can't imagine it's any of the heroes, no heroic character i can think of would make me go 'whaaaa?!' So I'm thinking... villain. I may be wrong, but I think Strange could be doing a heel turn. But I don't think he will realize it. From his perspective, he's trying to take down a supervillain, he is trying to protect the Earth from Loki, who has done terrible things in the past, so this does not seem unreasonable, really. And he may get so caught up in that goal, that he loses sight of what he is doing in pursuit of it. Or realize that maybe he's not actually doing it so much to protect the earth, even if that's what he tells himself, as to get back what he sees as his. As I mentioned before, Strange has had a problem recently with doing evil acts in the name of a greater good, (though to be fair, so has Loki) and that may be what he sees the situation with Loki as. Except, if Loki really is trying to be better, if he is just doing his job as the Sorcerer Supreme and has every intention of doing that job well, then the 'greater good' bit goes right out the window, even if Strange can't see it, and he's just left with doing evil acts. As far as Strange is concerned, Loki 'stole' the title from him, and Strange is going to attack Loki, convinced he is doing bad with the title, even if he isn't. And from Loki's perspective, he's just trying to do good for once, and Strange just keeps harassing and attacking him. And he may understand why Strange is doing it, but it is still just making his job harder, and possibly endangering others. So he fights back, and all of a sudden Loki is fighting Dr Strange, but Loki is the good guy.

It's a bit like Dr Doom and Reed Richards, sort of. Doom never saw himself as a villain, even though everyone else did, because he felt he was justified in pursuing his vendetta against 'accursed Richards'. So he'd do horrible things in order to get at Reed, who, while he did have issues and even some outright villainous tendencies at times, was generally doing good things, so everyone saw Doom as a villain even though he felt totally justified in his actions. It could also be juxtaposing it with old villain-Loki's motivations, which were similar to Doom in a lot of ways, but directed at Thor. Not quite though, i don't think he saw attacking Thor as a good thing, necessarily, more that he blamed everyone but himself, but especially Thor, for his problems. but Loki also just had (and probably still has) a penchant for causing chaos, because that was his role. All this could be why it had to be Loki in the book, rather than Wiccan or someone. Doom probably would have worked too, if it weren't for the fact that Strange would be more likely to trust him than Loki. Hopefully Strange snaps out of it before he does anything too bad, though attacking Asgard if it comes to that is... pretty bad.

*edited to add - another reason it may have to be Loki is that Loki, especially in myth, but it's happened in the comics as well, has pointed out the hypocrisies and bad behaviour of supposedly heroic characters in the past. He is probably one of the best characters to realize how alarmingly thin the line between hero and villain can be.

and yay, more Squirrel Girl! I am also hoping he shows up in #26, since that is an issue where assorted characters Doreen has encountered tell stories about themselves. If the god of Stories doesn't get to tell a story about himself, I will be disappointed.

And I agree that if he is appearing there, it is another sign that he actually is doing his best. I don't think North would use Loki as a villain, he seemed to like him too much as an anti-hero, and in fact gave Loki what is probably his most heroic moment to date. Even if he was dressed as a cat at the time. I am sure everything going wrong probably isn't his doing. probably.

Oh, and where is Strange staying? beats me, but not the Sanctum Sanctorum. Maybe Zelma is letting him stay at her place? I don't think she actually lived at the Sanctum Sanctorum, just worked there.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-13-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    ooooh, bi-weekly! I wasn't expecting that. I wonder if this means they need the story to move at a good clip to set up things elsewhere.

hm... It sounds like Strange is going to some extreme measures. And this teamup mentioned, I am assuming it is in reference to this: "The second issue of my run (Doctor Strange #382) has one of the craziest reveals in recent Marvel history. It’s something I pitched when I first got to Marvel, and I was convinced as I pitched it that they would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS let me get away with it." so yeah, can't imagine it's any of the heroes, no heroic character i can think of would make me go 'whaaaa?!' So I'm thinking... villain. I may be wrong, but I think Strange could be doing a heel turn. But I don't think he will realize it. From his perspective, he's trying to take down a supervillain, he is trying to protect the Earth from Loki, who has done terrible things in the past, so this does not seem unreasonable, really. And he may get so caught up in that goal, that he loses sight of what he is doing in pursuit of it. Or realize that maybe he's not actually doing it so much to protect the earth, even if that's what he tells himself, as to get back what he sees as his. As I mentioned before, Strange has had a problem recently with doing evil acts in the name of a greater good, (though to be fair, so has Loki) and that may be what he sees the situation with Loki as. Except, if Loki really is trying to be better, if he is just doing his job as the Sorcerer Supreme and has every intention of doing that job well, then the 'greater good' bit goes right out the window, even if Strange can't see it, and he's just left with doing evil acts. As far as Strange is concerned, Loki 'stole' the title from him, and Strange is going to attack Loki, convinced he is doing bad with the title, even if he isn't. And from Loki's perspective, he's just trying to do good for once, and Strange just keeps harassing and attacking him. And he may understand why Strange is doing it, but it is still just making his job harder, and possibly endangering others. So he fights back, and all of a sudden Loki is fighting Dr Strange, but Loki is the good guy.

It's a bit like Dr Doom and Reed Richards, sort of. Doom never saw himself as a villain, even though everyone else did, because he felt he was justified in pursuing his vendetta against 'accursed Richards'. So he'd do horrible things in order to get at Reed, who, while he did have issues and even some outright villainous tendencies at times, was generally doing good things, so everyone saw Doom as a villain even though he felt totally justified in his actions. It could also be juxtaposing it with old villain-Loki's motivations, which were similar to Doom in a lot of ways, but directed at Thor. Not quite though, i don't think he saw attacking Thor as a good thing, necessarily, more that he blamed everyone but himself, but especially Thor, for his problems. but Loki also just had (and probably still has) a penchant for causing chaos, because that was his role. All this could be why it had to be Loki in the book, rather than Wiccan or someone. Doom probably would have worked too, if it weren't for the fact that Strange would be more likely to trust him than Loki. Hopefully Strange snaps out of it before he does anything too bad, though attacking Asgard if it comes to that is... pretty bad.

*edited to add - another reason it may have to be Loki is that Loki, especially in myth, but it's happened in the comics as well, has pointed out the hypocrisies and bad behaviour of supposedly heroic characters in the past. He is probably one of the best characters to realize how alarmingly thin the line between hero and villain can be.

and yay, more Squirrel Girl! I am also hoping he shows up in #26, since that is an issue where assorted characters Doreen has encountered tell stories about themselves. If the god of Stories doesn't get to tell a story about himself, I will be disappointed.

And I agree that if he is appearing there, it is another sign that he actually is doing his best. I don't think North would use Loki as a villain, he seemed to like him too much as an anti-hero, and in fact gave Loki what is probably his most heroic moment to date. Even if he was dressed as a cat at the time. I am sure everything going wrong probably isn't his doing. probably.

Oh, and where is Strange staying? beats me, but not the Sanctum Sanctorum. Maybe Zelma is letting him stay at her place? I don't think she actually lived at the Sanctum Sanctorum, just worked there.
    Yeah, I was wondering at it being a bi-weekly, as well. Which is part of why I said they may be having this arc to, in part, make it possible for him to be in Avengers, since that does seem quite the fast schedule/pacing. Still not entirely confident on that, but I think it makes it at least more probable.

I did kind of want to post and see some responses before giving my own take on the solicits, partly because of length concerns. I really was wondering about the surprise person in #3 being a villain, tho. My other thought was Odinson, but that's way too predictable. Whereas, like you, I could see Strange trying to create this situation where Loki would be tempted to make a deal/take power for himself, but misjudging the situation greatly so that it backfires. I think you had also mentioned the contrast/similarities between the characters earlier, esp. with them willing to do shady/bad things "for the greater good". This could well be an instance of that on Strange's part. Maybe part of the arc, for Strange, will be realizing how close he's come to crossing that line between good and evil. Whereas it sounds like Loki is actually doing a good job at being Sorceror Supreme (yay!) He could still have ulterior motives, but that would undermine the message to Strange, so I think it's less likely.

Edited: Unless sending the message to Strange is his ulterior motive, lol ;p

Yeah, I'm also excited to see him in SG again, the CatThor issue remains one of my favorites of any comic. Like, I seriously think of it when I need a laugh. I had thought and forgotten about #26 and what role he might play. He ought to show up, but I'm thinking (hoping) the god of stories thing is part of the secret he's keeping in TMT against Malekith. Or I'm not sure if it's still a thing, which as long as it's not too powerful, would make me sad Aaron keeps referring to him as the god of lies, but also hinting at the stories aspect, so...

As far as things going wrong during his cameo in Squirrel Girl, stuff has to go wrong in the issue or it would be a simple case of translocation and done with it, from a Doylist perspective. For an in-universe reading, he could have a 'clever' idea go wrong. Or just be less experienced and have something disrupt their travel. I just doubt it would be malicious.

Yeah, I don't think he would intentionally hurt Doreen, or Nancy, whom they are going to save. So no malice there, I am sure.

Oh, I think Strange already crossed the line, a few times, he just can't see it, because these things were in the name of a greater good, and he ended up vindicated in the end. I know a lot of people like to lay this all at Aaron's feet, but it started before that, during New Avengers, a bit before that as well, but mainly there. In his words, he gave everything he was for the slightest hope of victory. The Illuminati in general was pretty shady, and yes, he shares culpability with the others there to an extent, but he went above and beyond their general shadyness. He literally sold his soul for power to fight the incursions. I mean, that is a full on supervillain moment, right there. The problem with that approach though is, you can justify it when your cause really is good, and you end up on the right side of things in the end, and the incursions WERE a pretty desperate situation with no good solution.... but what if you make that gamble and are mistaken? Then you are just a villain. I'm still not sure how much of that still is in continuity, the Black Priests at minimum probably didn't happen, but it still shows that he is willing to resort to those sorts of measures. I know a lot of Strange's fans don't like these sorts of stories with him, they don't like that he sometimes turns to black magic. But at this point, it's canon, it's part of his character, like it or not.

So uh, back to the topic of Norman Osborn, this happened in Spider-Man today:

.... kind of. So basically, Osborn is looking to restore his goblin powers/persona, but they are blocked by nanites Parker injected him with. So Goblin formula is right out, he's got to look into alternative means, and he turns to magic. He climbs some distant mountain to find some monks who can teach him, first he has to pass a test, placing his hands on the Emerald of Ikkon will show his true potential. And it turns out he has a good natural aptitude for magic, and trains and, well, long story short, the page above happens. But turns out that this was still part of the 'test' it was all an illusion, and the monks kick him out and say they will warn everyone else not to train him. but now he knows the potential is there, and so he sets off to unlock the potential that was shown to him.

But yeah, looks like Osborn actually COULD be a foe suitable for the Sorcerer Supreme.... and Loki does still owe Spider-Man a favor. Things do seem to be falling into place, and that panel of Osborn in front of the Sanctum Sanctorum is making a LOT more sense. I just hope Loki isn't going to teach him, that would be not good... he could be Strange's apprentice, though, if they are going to go heel turn with him. He may be the surprise team up. But we may want to keep an eye on Spider-Man for more Loki appearances.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-14-2017 at 04:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Loki has never trusted nor even liked or respected Norman Osborn in the past, so I can't see him actually wanting much to do with him. And Norman does have reason to want to get back at Loki.

You know, I think I've been wanting more Spiderman and Loki interaction. They were so good together that one time so many years ago that we still remember it and have been itching for a reunion for years! I think it was the first time we saw a really relaxed and sort of "normal" Loki who took the time to appreciate the mortal world.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

So uh, back to the topic of Norman Osborn, this happened in Spider-Man today:

.... kind of. So basically, Osborn is looking to restore his goblin powers/persona, but they are blocked by nanites Parker injected him with. So Goblin formula is right out, he's got to look into alternative means, and he turns to magic. He climbs some distant mountain to find some monks who can teach him, first he has to pass a test, placing his hands on the Emerald of Ikkon will show his true potential. And it turns out he has a good natural aptitude for magic, and trains and, well, long story short, the page above happens. But turns out that this was still part of the 'test' it was all an illusion, and the monks kick him out and say they will warn everyone else not to train him. but now he knows the potential is there, and so he sets off to unlock the potential that was shown to him.

But yeah, looks like Osborn actually COULD be a foe suitable for the Sorcerer Supreme.... and Loki does still owe Spider-Man a favor. Things do seem to be falling into place, and that panel of Osborn in front of the Sanctum Sanctorum is making a LOT more sense. I just hope Loki isn't going to teach him, that would be not good... he could be Strange's apprentice, though, if they are going to go heel turn with him. He may be the surprise team up. But we may want to keep an eye on Spider-Man for more Loki appearances.
    The fact that we're shown that Osborne has high magic potential and that the monks have warned everyone not to train him is pretty much a guarantee that someone will train him, lol. ...but I agree with Rosenbunse that it probably won't be Loki. Not only does he dislike Osborne, but so far the solicits seem to point to Strange actually being the one who's going to probably cross a line. Though bias could be coloring my interpretation, the solicit for the second one says that Loki is performing the duties of the Sorceror Supreme, but Strange doesn't believe that's all he's up to, so he "makes a play that will change the Marvel [U]". That puts the onus of action on Strange. I think we actually probably agree, there's always just the worry with Loki that they'll make him bad again. But it seems like he could actually be doing this as an effort to rehabilitate himself (as well as his reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Loki has never trusted nor even liked or respected Norman Osborn in the past, so I can't see him actually wanting much to do with him. And Norman does have reason to want to get back at Loki.

You know, I think I've been wanting more Spiderman and Loki interaction. They were so good together that one time so many years ago that we still remember it and have been itching for a reunion for years! I think it was the first time we saw a really relaxed and sort of "normal" Loki who took the time to appreciate the mortal world.

I've never actually read that issue. Might have to find it on Marvel Unlimited or something and take a look, it was before I started following comics. Does look like Osborne will be a major player moving forward in Legacy, based on him showing up there, and if he has magic, then it's the perfect opportunity for Loki to show up in Spidey's book, or for Spidey to show up during the Sorceror Supreme arc.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, it was an interesting arc and one much beloved by Loki fans.

I didn't think about Strange trying to bring in Norman, but how would that work? What would Norman have to offer?

I don't know, that's what I can't figure out either. Not like Osborn has anything to offer when it comes to dealing with Asgard. They'd HATE him, and Strange knows that. And even if he is going there with less than pure intentions, Osborn is no match for any Asgardian in a fight. He can't offer someone like Strange much of anything, really. But Norman's journey was clearly very intentionally a take on Strange's. Strange wrecked his hands and by extension his career and tried everything to fix them, eventually turning to magic. And it is the same with Osborn, except instead of hands, it's him trying to restore the Green Goblin personality. Of course the big difference is that Strange never did fix his hands, while Norman did unlock the Goblin personality. (at least in this vision, which to be fair may merely be what he wants to happen so they can judge his character) So, I dunno,

But I had a look at upcoming Spider-Man solicits and not a peep about the Green Goblin, so either this was a setup for Legacy and/or elsewhere, or it's seeding an arc that comes sometime after December. It may be that the situation in Dr Strange has to progress a bit before it can really go forward. But really thinking the box in Legacy contains something magical now.

Anyway, Cat Loki is in AVAC, as well as a statue. but the costume is both disappointing in quality, it's freaking crosseyed, and it is in a crate that costs 70 shards, and contains 27 items, 28 if you don't have Moon Girl, and he is likely heavily weighted to drop last. There is 125 shards in the crate, but still, hope you are willing to pay 1,700+ shards for the costume.

Statue is free and super cute tho:

But they had definitely seen the Emperor's New Groove...

Extraordinary Member

I'm sorry, Raye. That could have been a cool outfit but damn does it look silly!

That cat statue, however, is precious beyond words!

And interesting point about Osborn's journey mirroring Strange's. Would Strange hate Loki enough to make a deal with Osborn?

Yes, yes he probably would.

Yeah, kind of a shame about Cat Loki, it just looks... so off. and definitely not going to pay 25 dollars worth of shards for it.

I'd like to brainstorm some possibilities for who Strange is going to for this partnership teased. I think this is still relevant to the Loki thread, since Loki will likely end up fighting whoever it is. We know he is going to Asgard, and it's likely not going to be any of the usual hero characters because would you really be shocked if he teamed up with Thor, Cap, Iron Man etc? would that 'shake the MU to it's core'? no. Even taking into account Marvel's usual hyperbole reducing that to 'that's surprising!' they wouldn't fit. Even if it was one of like the Guardians of the Galaxy or something who he usually has no contact with. So I am thinking... main criteria are: probably a bad guy, powerful enough, (preferably in magic, but not necessarily) to be useful to Strange, and this one is a little iffy, but a connection to Asgard might be there, given that is WHY he presumably teams up with them. So here's who I can think of who fit at least 2 of those, in no particular order:

- Hela
    - Karnilla
    - Malekith
    - Mephisto
    - Enchantress
    - Satana

A few may have too much bad blood for it to work, but still, it's a possibility. Hela may work since we know she will be featuring in Thor soonish, so since Loki is also appearing in Thor, then it can build in both books. Hela also obviously has history with Loki. But she may also be a bit tied up with Thanos at the moment, so other Asgardians may be a better fit. Malekith may be TOO evil for Strange to realistically strike a deal with him, but it could tie in with the War of the Realms. Enchantress or Karnilla may be just big enough to be shocking, (moreso Enchantress) but not so evil that it would seem totally out of character for Strange. And Mephisto and Satana could both be used to symbolize a deal with the devil kind of thing, and they have more history with Strange than any of the Asgardians. Mephisto, as already discussed, would be a matchup I REALLY want to see with Loki. but again the problem that it may be TOO evil for Strange to realistically strike a deal with.

and I do think Osborn will come into play, I just don't see how it can work with Asgard, but it may be that Strange takes an apprentice with Osborn, while Loki takes an apprentice with Zelma.

Who, as an aside, I think, really does point to Strange having gone off the deep end. He was the one who cured her of magical mind maggots, he hired her as his librarian, she put up with all sorts of crazyness as things fell apart around him, she stuck by him through thick and thin, until eventually he made her HIS apprentice... so why would she abandon him for Loki, after all that?