Page 300 of 303 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303 LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 4544
    Extraordinary Member

I guess the easiest way to bring Loki back is just to bring him back. He literally can't be killed in normal contnuity, as a new one will just replace him...I think...that is what happens?

Also, I think we might be getting answers to that Instagram image. Guess who is the guest artist for Avengers #10?

Well, just because it's a certain way in the comics doesn't necessarily translate to the MCU, there are quite a few differences between the two. Loki is on a reincarnation cycle rather than going to the afterlife in the comics because he made a deal with Hela, which of course never happened in the movies, so I don't think it is the case in the MCU.

That being said, I do still suspect they will be adapting JIM, even if they have to rejigger how he gets reborn somewhat. His death was a perfect setup for that story and I think they'd have to be fools to not take it. Hiddleston could still appear, it would just be more in a ghostly apparition/voiceover capacity.

And yeah, I said that in my first post, that's why I thought it was for Avengers

ps. Checked the preview for Thor and Loki was not in it, but Thor said 'raise those horns' which reminded me about that playlist i started, and will have to add Raise Your Horns to it, which, yes, is like the 5th Amon Amarth song, but i mean 99% of their songs are about vikings or Norse myth, so... (tho this one i kinda double meaning, could mean viking style mead horn, or metal horns \m/) but will have to go in and add some for the previous couple issues as well.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-09-2018 at 06:43 AM.

Loki TV series coming to Disney+ (the new streaming service):
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46150264
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Well, in the movies, there isn't a Hela anymore. She's gone, so perhaps he'll be reincarnated anyways? That could also bring back the dead Asgardians I suppose.

And I would be fine with him voicing a magpie. I'll also accept a crow or raven. Maybe a starling.

Extraordinary Member

Also, guys, Tony Moore is the guest artist for the next Thor issue! I am so excited!

Yeah, the art looked nice! though I like Del Mundo a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Well, in the movies, there isn't a Hela anymore. She's gone, so perhaps he'll be reincarnated anyways? That could also bring back the dead Asgardians I suppose.

And I would be fine with him voicing a magpie. I'll also accept a crow or raven. Maybe a starling.
    I mean, Hela had not actually fulfilled any duties as the goddess of death in the MCU for hundreds if not thousands of years, she was imprisoned that whole time. If the MCU's afterlife functioned without her in all that time, I don't think her death will make a lick of difference, because there was no one (or, at least not her) overseeing Hel in the first place. I mean, there are other options, just saying her going away doesn't mean reincarnations for everyone if it didn't before.

And I am pretty adamant that they stick with a magpie. Ravens are Odin's thing, so... and Magpies are clever, among the smartest birds on the planet (Ravens too, to be fair. all corvids are damn smart) the magpie is the only non-mammal able to pass the mirror test, which is a pretty big deal (the others being orcas, dolphins, elephants and the great apes, including us.). Which fits Loki.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like reincarnations are the practical choice, though you're right about Hela.

Tony Moore was one of my favorite artists, especially his issues for FrankenCastle lol

This is gonna be good and violent!

I think magpies are such pretty birds too. Their white spot always reminded me of when Loki would be drawn with a white fur coat.

Extraordinary Member

https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-infinity-gauntlet-2019/

Well, we have something to go on. Logan and Loki teamup?

Geez, will it never end? :-/ They're milking this thing to an absurd degree. Sorry for being so negative about this, but I just want Loki far away from Duggan at this point.

Also I don't like how the writer of that article characterized the whole space stone thing. Loki asked for the stone, politely, and Wolverine stabbed him in the face and refused and teleported away, after Wolverine himself had stolen it from Loki.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Geez, will it never end? :-/ They're milking this thing to an absurd degree. Sorry for being so negative about this, but I just want Loki far away from Duggan at this point.

Also I don't like how the writer of that article characterized the whole space stone thing. Loki asked for the stone, politely, and Wolverine stabbed him in the face and refused and teleported away, after Wolverine himself had stolen it from Loki.
    I like Duggan and I think he can do a lot with the characters he's given access to. This is what makes Infinity War so frustrating to me, because he can do so much better.

Buy I'm done with the Infinity Stones and this damn better lead somewhere.

Also, RIP Stan Lee.

I have lost all faith in Duggan, especially when it comes to Loki, he's just mishandled him at every turn, missing the nuance and subtlety present under some other writers, like Aaron, Ewing, Cates, etc. he feels more like a caricature of their portrayals under Duggan, so no, i am not looking forward to this.
    Last edited by Raye; 11-12-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Adam Kubert has more to share:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqH_z2Sg...d=vh58oy69ec0p

Though, if Bleeding Cool spoilers are anything to go by he may not be the new member, but that is a bit weird because the new member they spoiled didn't join the MAIN team, which is kinda what i took the solicit to mean, but, then again, i guess the wording was wonky....

spoilers:
    basically, Blade was recruited by Wasp. Meanwhile, Loki has a chat with Phoenix Wolverine, where Loki is on the receiving end of cryptic future knowledge for once, and Wolverine tells him he has a lot of work ahead of him to stop the King Thor future. so, sadly, the Loki appearance may simply be setup for that Infinity Wars thing that just won't die.
    end of spoilers

Okay, so i read both Thor and Avengers. Avengers, the spoilers up above pretty much cover it, plot wise, except spoilers:
    It turns out that Phoenix Wolverine was the one who rescued him from the Celestials. And it definitely seemed to be Wolverine from the far off future, so I am wondering if when Wolverine died in Thor, it was more of a time travel journey? maybe just before he bought it.
    end of spoilers
    But I will also add after having read the whole thing, I liked two things in particular about the Loki part, one, that they made it blatantly clear that Loki has good intentions here, that he was trying to prevent a devastating war from destroying everything. Two, I liked how his pages were all twisted around and flipped sideways and off kilter, it both fits Loki and kind of reflects how topsy turvy the situation there is. Also, it was fun seeing Loki be all confused for once, but give him a little bit, and he'll figure it all out, i'm sure, but Wolverine caught him off guard.

Thor...spoilers:
    TLDR, Loki convinces Odin that for Thor to stay away from Midgard, he needs to experience a profound loss of a mortal. So he arranges for Thor to fall in love with a warrior viking woman. And they are happy and everything is nice. Then Odin calls Thor to war against the dark elves, at Loki's suggestion, and Thor goes.... for 40 years. The woman of course dies, and Thor is sad, but it backfires (from Odin's perspective) because he takes away the lesson that mortal life is fleeting so you have to devote your attention to it while it is there.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, in Norse myth where Loki gives his 'y'all suck' speech, Odin mentions that Loki had spent years living as a mortal in the form of a woman, married to a man, had children the whole bit. And then they all died, and Loki went back to Asgard. So i am just wondering if this story was inspired by that part of the myth. Maybe Loki took away the opposite message when his/her lover died, and that's why he thought it would affect Thor that way? (though, as evidenced by Avengers above, among other things, most notably pretty much all of Agent of Asgard, Loki's had a change of heart on that note recently)
    Last edited by Raye; 11-14-2018 at 10:16 AM.