Page 8 of 303 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Loki slaps around a de-powered Thor in JIM #147.

In one of the Odin-ring issues (191, specifically), Thor tried to protest Loki's rule, and Odin responded by removing his mouth. Even Odin cannot disagree with whoever wears the Odin-ring. It's a law! (And a really easy to exploit one.)

Two issues later, Loki has a grand ol' feast and tried to wed Sif, bringing up the times Thor refused her.

Fantastic Member

Here, a young Loki nearly gets Thor killed by frost giants.

I love how young Loki's hair in this panel looks like tiny devil horns.

And this panel is just plain cool. The other villains are Mr. Hyde and the Cobra.
    Last edited by lalalei2001; 09-02-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    Yeah, but in the myths they actually didn't say anything about Loki being abusive to Sigyn. Although all it did say he was pretty much unfaithful but then again the other Norse gods are not known for their fidelity either.

I know that Loki gets shot down by a lot of people in the comics but in mythology he seems to really been lucky in bedding people. I mean he even managed to sleep with Sif in the myths. In the comics it mentions he has had affairs with mortal women but in Norse mythology he was actually known for taking the form of a human female and giving birth to children with human males. Heck even in the comics it mentions the incident of him going down to Midgard for eight years disguised as a milkmaid and birthing children.

I kind of want the comics to embrace more of his weirder side.
    I'd like to see more of Myth Loki in Marvel too, I always found him the most interesting of the Norse Gods,

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I'd like to see more of Myth Loki in Marvel too, I always found him the most interesting of the Norse Gods,
    Me too he was always the one who had the most interesting attributes its no wonder there is so many myths that have him in it. I do think they also should focus more on Loki's other children Fenris and Jörmungandr. I know the former was used in the X-Men when it was about helping protect Wolfsbane's son, Tier, because he was his grandfather and the latter hasn't really been used a whole lot even though he could make an excellent villain on his own. I mean Jormungandr should be promoted more as a Thor villain because of the fact in mythology they were destined archenemies who would mutually kill each other at Ragnarök. I know some writers would find it difficult because they are not humanoid but I think they could be made into interesting characters if they maybe shapeshifted into more human forms. In the comics Fenris was shown doing that even he didn't like it that much.

One thing that still bugs me is the fact that even though Hrimhari has acknowledged that he knew the Warriors Three its never mentioned how Loki is his grandfather in fact its never brought up at all. I think it would be a very detail that an ally of the X-Men was also a grandson of the trickster himself. Although technically this means that this makes Wolfsbane Loki's granddaughter in law. That's another thing that bugs is the fact that Loki put on a collar on Hrimhair that changed him into a monstrous wolf that obeyed his every command. In other words Loki warped his own grandson for his own plans. You know even if he is not the best father I think he would be more hesitant in doing that to his own blood line.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Hrimhari_(Earth-616)

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Here's the cover to November's Loki: AoA 8

LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #8
    AL EWING (W) • LEE GARBETT (A/C)
    AXIS TIE-IN!
    • Marvel’s most honest and upright hero -- now in his own magazine!
    • With a quip on his lips and a song in his merry heart, Loki continues his dashing quest for truth, justice and the Asgardian Way!
    • Guest-starring -- the Enchantress! And some other people who think Loki’s “changed” somehow. BUT MOSTLY, THE ENCHANTRESS!

I love this cover! And the solicit too! Can't wait to read this!!
    Last edited by Prof. Aegis; 08-19-2014 at 10:22 PM.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Aegis View Post
    Here's the cover to November's Loki: AoA 8

LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #8
    AL EWING (W) • LEE GARBETT (A/C)
    AXIS TIE-IN!
    • Marvel’s most honest and upright hero -- now in his own magazine!
    • With a quip on his lips and a song in his merry heart, Loki continues his dashing quest for truth, justice and the Asgardian Way!
    • Guest-starring -- the Enchantress! And some other people who think Loki’s “changed” somehow. BUT MOSTLY, THE ENCHANTRESS!

I love this cover! And the solicit too! Can't wait to read this!!
    I like it because it has all the Lokis. ALL THE LOKIS!!!!

Newsarama have a look at a few pages from AOA #6 here: http://www.newsarama.com/21973-march...irst-look.html

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Alright, now the New Thor series has a variant cover by Skottie Young, and we still have not had any for Loki. Whom can I write to at Marvel, to request one for an upcoming issue. I know its a long shot, but worth a try.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

BANNED

Oh my , look at what the pirates have done ! Brings a new definition of brotherly love.

Quote Originally Posted by fmvgamer View Post
    oh my , look at what the pirates have done ! Brings a new definition of brotherly love.

love it

Thor_Dark-World_UK-poster.jpg
    Better Than The Real Posters

Yeah, that's hot. How can buy a copy of that?
    thorki1.jpg

“Loki is in a redemption arc already, and has found himself faced with the challenge of proving himself capable of being a hero, but of course the person who doubts him the most is himself,” notes Rick Remender. “And deep down, in the recesses of his mind, there is his future self cackling at him, pulling him into despair, convincing him that there is no other road for him. And AXIS will allow him to answer that question once and for all for himself, as to what the true fiber and makeup of his character is and whether or not he is inferior to his half-brother Thor.”
    — Marvel Axis: Loki

Journey Into Mystery #85 (1962) vs. Loki: Agent of Asgard #8 (2014)
    tumblr_nc09z8UBeo1qbr00oo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nc09z8UBeo1qbr00oo2_500.jpg
    http://siege-loki-problems.tumblr.com/