Page 9 of 303 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Is it wrong that I think film Thor/Loki is just hot?

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA13 View Post
    “Loki is in a redemption arc already, and has found himself faced with the challenge of proving himself capable of being a hero, but of course the person who doubts him the most is himself,” notes Rick Remender. “And deep down, in the recesses of his mind, there is his future self cackling at him, pulling him into despair, convincing him that there is no other road for him. And AXIS will allow him to answer that question once and for all for himself, as to what the true fiber and makeup of his character is and whether or not he is inferior to his half-brother Thor.”
    — Marvel Axis: Loki
    UGH! Stay away from Loki, Remender.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

I totally agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

thorki is hot

Spectacular Member

I like Loki's new outfit man. That's freakin' awesome! And really, Loki continues to be one of the most refreshing and enthralling characters Marvel boasts.

Upon looking, I'm "less annoyed" about Axis, since the 'tie-ins' look to be more "Journey into Mystery tie-ins where really the writer is telling there story, just stamping the event name on the comic" rather than "the entire plot of the comic is on hold while this rather pointless arc happens, to tie it into the event". Which makes me glad. While I enjoyed "the 10th Realm" I really just want Loki being awesome, free of other writers.

thorki is hot
    Thorki is everything that's right in this world!

Axis Loki by Cheung

Niffleheim

This is torture reading about Loki. Him and Thor are the saving grace of all characters in Avengers-world. I made a decision to only pick TPB from these two books since the price went up for Loki #6

Extraordinary Member

I loved her design! It's weird to see a female comic book character who is kinda in proportion...
    Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    This is torture reading about Loki. Him and Thor are the saving grace of all characters in Avengers-world. I made a decision to only pick TPB from these two books since the price went up for Loki #6
    He's in Avengers World?!

Niffleheim

I should have said more of Thor's world but since Thor is an avenger and Loki (i'm only sure about the movie since I don't read any avenger books) is part of avengers' rogue gallery then he is/was part of their world.

Extraordinary Member

I should have said more of Thor's world but since Thor is an avenger and Loki (i'm only sure about the movie since I don't read any avenger books) is part of avengers' rogue gallery then he is/was part of their world.
    So...he hasn't been in any issues?

Niffleheim

I have no idea. I got interested in Loki and Thor by way of their stories and the art in Original Sin and continued my interest in to their ongoings. I'm a complete novice to comics.

Extraordinary Member

I have no idea. I got interested in Loki and Thor by way of their stories and the art in Original Sin and continued my interest in to their ongoings. I'm a complete novice to comics.
    Oh...welcome! Please read Journey into Mystery and Gillen's Young Avengers They're awesome and essential Loki reading

Niffleheim

I will definitely be reading Loki Journey into Mystery but how is Loki tied to Young Avengers?

pretty sure she(?) meant 'world' in a general sense, not the book Avengers World

And actually, Loki has been a good(ish) guy for the past 4 years or so, and he actually did join the (Young) Avengers! and I suspect he is going to be cropping up in a lot more books in the future post-AXIS. Thor is going through a rough spot and it seems Loki may be kinda stepping into his shoes a bit while Thor gets himself back together. It seems as though Marvel has decided the work redefining his character is about done, and after being kept under fairly tight control from just a few writers, they're kinda unleashing the new him on the MU. But yeah, as Rosebunse said, Kieron Gillen's Journey Into Mystery (which can be a little hard to follow in single issues, unfortunately, since it had a few crossovers with New Mutants and Thor along the way, and spins out of the event Fear Itself. But I think the trades take that into account, and it really is excellent, one of the best stories Marvel has ever put out, imo) and Young Avengers (100% self contained!) are essential reading, in addition to Loki's new solo book. On the Thor side of things, I definitely recommend reading Aaron's God of thunder from the beginning if you can, just because it's good, but I am pretty sure jumping in with the new Thor #1 will allow you to follow along perfectly well, since i know all these trades being recommended to you will get pricey.... but it really is excellent. You picked a very good time to be jumping into the Thor comics.