Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Cover to JONAH HEX #50(Original Series)

50JH.jpg

Jonah Hex is a minor character in the Batman 100-Page Giant.

Additionally, a descendant of Jonah Hex called "Jinny Hex" will be a character in Young Justice (2018) by Bendis. She'll be using the Ray Gun of Adam Strange, and a variety of other DC weapons.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Cover to the finale issue of the original series, Jonah Hex #92.

jonahhex92.jpg

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

There's a great facebook page devoted to Jonah Hex:
    https://www.facebook.com/ViaPonyExpress/
    maintained by a writer who's chronicled pretty much every issue and collected a lot of stats on Jonah.

Johnny Thunders! said, "Western's are a tough sell now for some reason." I was just thinking that if, in these times of lying presidents and corrupt, venial congress-reps, a character of genuine, down-to-earth nobility, honest, caring, outside the law ('cause we still love our outsiders here in the US) but siding always with law tempered with compassion--y'know, a genuinely heroic character, with a miraculously fast draw, and inhumanly accurate aim were to star in an actually well-written, character driven narrative, beautiful filmed or drawn, in those austere, wide-open western settings, that'd be our number one passion in these times.

And, wholly off-topic, Signalman112! Is that...could that be Vincent Price as The Saint...from oh so long ago radio!? Huzzah, I say. Not that Simon would ever say, "Huzzah," I suppose, but I do.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    There's a great facebook page devoted to Jonah Hex:
    https://www.facebook.com/ViaPonyExpress/
    maintained by a writer who's chronicled pretty much every issue and collected a lot of stats on Jonah.

Johnny Thunders! said, "Western's are a tough sell now for some reason." I was just thinking that if, in these times of lying presidents and corrupt, venial congress-reps, a character of genuine, down-to-earth nobility, honest, caring, outside the law ('cause we still love our outsiders here in the US) but siding always with law tempered with compassion--y'know, a genuinely heroic character, with a miraculously fast draw, and inhumanly accurate aim were to star in an actually well-written, character driven narrative, beautiful filmed or drawn, in those austere, wide-open western settings, that'd be our number one passion in these times.

And, wholly off-topic, Signalman112! Is that...could that be Vincent Price as The Saint...from oh so long ago radio!? Huzzah, I say. Not that Simon would ever say, "Huzzah," I suppose, but I do.
    I know that page, it's pretty cool! I check it nigh-daily to see if it's updated!

A decent edit I made of the modern day Hexes!

6F8899EE-CC9D-408A-AAFC-3FC3DCD40C3F.jpg

What's everybody's opinions of Jinny Hex?

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Cape View Post
    What's everybody's opinions of Jinny Hex?
    No idea. I'm not buying any of the Wal-Mart comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatut Zeraze View Post
    No idea. I'm not buying any of the Wal-Mart comics.
    The Jonah Hex via Pony Express fan-page posted every page from the Wal-Mart exclusives with Jinny in them!

So, one of me and one of my buddies randomly Tweeted @ Jimmy Palmiotti last night about what would happen if Powergirl a Jonah Hex met.

Here's his response:

Screenshot_2018-11-16-08-56-26.jpg

And it's got me thinking... How would a relationship between the two work? They do have a few things going for them...
    -They could relate to eachother over being ridiculed for how they dress (The boob window/Confederate uniform).
    -They could relate to eachother over being judged for their bodies (Jonah Hex's scar, Powergirl's bust)
    -Both won't take any bullshit from anybody and are quick to anger.
    -Could relate over being lost in another reality.

Edit: You'll probably have to click the image to enlarge it since CBR Mobile is ASS. Lol
    Last edited by Colt Cape; 11-16-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Jonah Hex is teaming up with Wonder Woman in the Justice League 100-Page Giant. Written by Palmiotti (Yay!) and drawn by Amanda Conner.

Thoughts?