Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Nothing happened in this issue? Superman and Wonder Woman saved a bus, the queen of the bug-people were revealed, and Donna Troy's arm of Amazons slaughtered their male brothers. I'd say that's definitely more than "nothing".
    Well I said it felt like nothing happened not that nothing happened lol. But that bus scene was completely pointless and just shows that they are trying to drag this on, a double sized regular issue should have been enough to conclude this arc.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Well I said it felt like nothing happened not that nothing happened lol. But that bus scene was completely pointless and just shows that they are trying to drag this on, a double sized regular issue should have been enough to conclude this arc.

Fair enough. Hopefully the annual will satisfy both of us in terms of pay-off.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Fair enough. Hopefully the annual will satisfy both of us in terms of pay-off.
    Yeah, it seems they are saving the good bits for the annual. Sucks we will have to wait until June though seems so far away.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Yeah, it seems they are saving the good bits for the annual. Sucks we will have to wait until June though seems so far away.

You weren't around for Heinberg's run, were you?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Skipping these pages, but....

This was it. After just under a decade of never missing an issue (and having a solid collection going much further back), my wife has decided to take this book off our pull list until the Finches leave. I was ready to drop it after their second issue, but she's a huge Wonder Woman fan (tattoo and everything) and didn't want to drop the book. But we're not enjoying it. Not even a little. Azzarello's take on the Amazons was difficult enough to deal with, but the book's high quality was enough for us to overlook their treatment, and the obvious redemption arc that would follow Diana's taking the crown offered enough potential that we looked forward to seeing the Amazons evolve, grow and become better under Diana's rule. This however, has no positive qualities to offset the things we dislike. While there might still be some sort of salvation for the Amazons somewhere down the road, we've no interest in seeing it unfold, nor are we inclined to see how far Donna will fall before finding her reason. And for my money, slaughtering dozens of unarmed and untrained men is too big a stain to wash off. Donna's beyond saving as far as Im concerned. We're done until further notice.
    Last edited by Ascended; 04-11-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, I would say this book has come a very long way from Hera licking an ice cream cone.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

For now, the Finches run reminds me a lot the Loebs/Deodato Jr. era: similar art-style, big emphasis on action, another amazon chosen to take Diana's place... also in June we'll see WW with a new more "edgy" look. Btw, I'm curious to see how the story unfolds. Just masochistic curiosity perhaps.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    This was awful.

The Amazons are beyond redemption, and I'm actually now very thankful that Azzarello decided to make his own rather than use Phillipus, Io, Mala, etc. If the Amazons we knew and love were slaughtering the men like the ones in this issue, it would be that much harder to accept it. Introducing all the male Amazons just to kill them off a year or two later is also very disappointing. I guess we can still hope that Diana could make it there in time to save a few of the men, but I doubt it.

The insect creatures are still pretty dull, even if the idea of them awakening because of the First Born's demise is slightly fascinating. This story arc is just all over the place, and it's some of the worst WW I've read.
    Thing is, even though some did not like what Azzarello did, he left the door open for the Amazons and their society to redeem themselves somewhat by WW bringing their male brethren back and re-integrating them back into their society and thus creating an open and less xenophobic island that eventually included all. And they all worked together to fight back the forces of the First Born. I had hoped to see some conflict in this under the Finches, as major changes in any society always show, but not wholesale slaughter of all the men. The Finches chose to go this direction which was simplistic and far more brutal, since it was done out of pure malice and hatred and not convenient necessity like the boat raids.

The problem with leaving the door open for a hate-based society to get better is that the next writer will probably ignore it for "drama".