Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    All I can say is.........WOW! Lots of revelations and developments in this issue. If you thought the arc was moving slow before this, it just got a major jump start. It's revealed that the bug-people were dormant within the earth until Diana threw the First Born into the pit. The heat from his rage and fury is what woke the bug people from their ages-long slumber. The bug-queen says, it's because of the actions of the God of War that all of the innocent humans killed in the recent disasters have been killed. Later in the issue, Donna Troy leads an army of Amazons in a sneak-attack on their male brothers and appears to slaughter each and every one of them. There really is no redeeming the New 52 Amazons, is there? I hope that after Diana finds out about this, she calls in the Justice League to bring her people to justice finally. They've committed enough murder over the centuries and now it's time to give up on any chance of political change and just lock them up.

I'm starting to see why she never invited Superman to meet the folks.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    I really don't see how this flows logically from the previous run. The run ended with Hippolyte alive, now she is dead again. The Amazons worked with the male Amazons, now they hate them and out for blood. Diana was handling her role as God of War, now she hugs teddy bears and cries about the pressure. Nothing feels like it flows, it feels jarring and worst of all, horribly written and drawn.

Azz opened Pandora's Box with a lot of the things that the Finchs are following up on. Hippolyta was not really alive at the end of Azz's run. She was reanimated clay. Yes, the Amazons worked with their brothers but what choice did they have when their extinction and the extinction of the entire world was at stake. As far back as Crisis On Infinite Earths, heroes and villains have worked together towards a common goal when all of their lives were at stake. Now that male Amazons are of no use to the female ones, it seems pretty easy for me to understand that the females could turn on the males again.

I must ask - how exactly was Diana handling the God of War role before the Finchs' run? In Soule's Future's End specials, the GoW role got to her quite a bit and she ended up morphing into the God of Peace at the end.

I just hope that soon we find out that Donna's "army" is simply a rogue fraction of the entire Amazon population and that the others are better than these ones. I also hope that eventually, Diana finds a group of Amazons that were lost in Man's World that are like the pre-New 52 Amazons and that group includeds Artemis, Phillipus, and the other more civilized Amazons that many of us have come to love over the years.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fudge. I'd honestly not care much about this development if it were without Donna, as is the Amazons are close to unsalvagable anyway. But to throw Donna in there is just abhorrent. My interest is dropping like a stone because I just cannot fathom this treatment of a newly returned classic character.

This would have been like reimagining Dick Grayson in Jason's pre-FP role of a "better" Batman going around killing people. How did this get greenlit?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Azz opened Pandora's Box with a lot of the things that the Finchs are following up on. Hippolyta was not really alive at the end of Azz's run. She was reanimated clay. Yes, the Amazons worked with their brothers but what choice did they have when their extinction and the extinction of the entire world was at stake. As far back as Crisis On Infinite Earths, heroes and villains have worked together towards a common goal when all of their lives were at stake. Now that male Amazons are of no use to the female ones, it seems pretty easy for me to understand that the females could turn on the males again.

I must ask - how exactly was Diana handling the God of War role before the Finchs' run? In Soule's Future's End specials, the GoW role got to her quite a bit and she ended up morphing into the God of Peace at the end.

I just hope that soon we find out that Donna's "army" is simply a rogue fraction of the entire Amazon population and that the others are better than these ones. I also hope that eventually, Diana finds a group of Amazons that were lost in Man's World that are like the pre-New 52 Amazons and that group includeds Artemis, Phillipus, and the other more civilized Amazons that many of us have come to love over the years.
    it's not like Soule is a good WW writer, Azz had her at peace being god of war (crazy not? a woman being good and peaceful being god of war).

I really don't think is right blame on Azz the bad writing. The people who did sensation comics did a very good job using his run as reference.

Astonishing Member

Azz opened Pandora's Box...
    He did? Well, good for him! A world without wrath, pride, lust and everything else that came out of that box wouldn't be too interesting to read about--especially because we wouldn't get to see how heroes transcend and defeat all those nasty sins. I don't feel confident that the Finches are going to show Diana leading the Amazons towards victory over all the flaws that came out of this book's metaphorical "Pandora's Box"--but if the Finches do not do that, their failure to do so is on them.

...with a lot of the things that the Finchs are following up on.
    Sure, but the Finches are responsible for how they followed up. One way to follow up would have been to have Hippolyta remain alive--or at least "animated"--and take up the cause of reform, and to have many or most of the Amazons embrace that cause, as Diana had been leading them to do. It's not Azz's fault that the Finches apparently (and I do stress "apparently") decided Diana's teaching methods (getting the Amazons to protect Zeke and work with their brothers, thus getting a chance to learn from interaction that men are human after all) wouldn't work.

In her solo book, she was handling it by refusing to be defined by it, as the last issue emphasized.

I just hope that soon we find out that Donna's "army" is simply a rogue fraction of the entire Amazon population and that the others are better than these ones.
    Me too!
    Last edited by Silvanus; 04-01-2015 at 09:17 AM.

BANNED

this issue was bad, read it so fast. wonder how long brett took to read?
    too much JL for nothing.

they had 6 issues to conclude a arc, used decompression and still need a annual. WW will need a reboot after this

Thanks for the information on this book. You made it easy for me to decide to drop Wonder Woman. I have been reading Wonder Woman since the 70's. I loved this character and the Wonder Woman family. But changing Donna into a murderer is taking it too far. I was hoping that by the end of this story line Donna would become Diana's little sister again and become the hero that we all loved, but I can't see this happening now. Even if Strife is behine all of this, I read comic books to enjoy a good story. But for me to enjoy a good story I need a group of characters I can root for. I certainly can't root for a group of women that just believe in killing men because they are men. Plus on top of that they are killing their own children. These are men that they gave birth to. Thanks DC for destroying a book that I enjoyed for over 30 years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    And her reasoning there seems petty messy. Diana is responsible because she let a menace to the universe fall back into the pit that had kept him from doing harm for 7000 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is what happens when retcons aren't really thought through.
    Or maybe...

The heat from his rage and fury is what woke the bug people from their ages-long slumber.
    ... he hates Wonder Woman now more than Zeus then.

Always Rakzo

Writing-wise this wasn't so bad.

The art was awful though, Finch's work is starting to become rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Or maybe...

... he hates Wonder Woman now more than Zeus then.
    That still doesn't explain how he didn't wake them up the first time he was trapped there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That still doesn't explain how he didn't wake them up the first time he was trapped there.
    Because the "heat" from his rage and fury wasn't great enough to do so at the time.

Mighty Member

Did Diana just take the blame (during the JLA jaunt down the cave.) for some bugs killing a bunch of people? ... If Strife really is involved in things, then I hope it's totally META with a letter from the creative team saying that Strife even got to them.

For me, the title seemed like it was about to pick itself up a little, but it apparently managed to drop itself even further lower than before.

I'll read the annual solely because Goran is on art duty.

Even if this issue made me feel a bit tired, luckily WW Vol 6 will be out soon, more sensation comics, more WW77 and WW books from Thompson and Morrison coming out/up. I'm a lucky man, I am.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Writing-wise this wasn't so bad.

The art was awful though, Finch's work is starting to become rushed.
    Bleeding cool claims Mark Millar ghost-wrote this one

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    this issue was bad, read it so fast. wonder how long brett took to read?
    too much JL for nothing.

they had 6 issues to conclude a arc, used decompression and still need a annual. WW will need a reboot after this
    aye the last 3 installments barely moved the story forward, every month we get tons of more regurgitated dialogue with a little new development in the end. I'm intrigued as what's Strife's been up to, what the Bug Queen is trying to achieve, what's in for Hecate and the old shrunken lady, whether everything is interconnected and how Meredith will agglutinate all these little subplots into a cohesive story within less than 40 pages.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Archizoom View Post
    Bleeding cool claims Mark Millar ghost-wrote this one
    it's april first. Millar can do much better than that