Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I figured this would be the general sentiment about this issue. That last part was bad, really really bad, and I really don't know where that part will lead. Everything before that was definitely better than usual, but damn did the ending drag this issue down for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    it's april first. Millar can do much better than that
    I enjoyed Starlight quite a bunch but in terms of dialogue, Nemesis was no better than this tbh

Wow! Jesus! Donna Troy is literally guilty of genocide! Even I am shocked by this.

Genocide is defined in Article 2 of the Conventionon the Prevention and Punishmentofthe Crime of Genocide(1948) as

"any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, anational,ethnical,racial orreligious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm tomembers of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about itsphysical destruction in whole or in part1; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and]forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."
    Last edited by Pinsir; 04-01-2015 at 10:41 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Writing-wise this wasn't so bad.

The art was awful though, Finch's work is starting to become rushed.
    Really? I liked the art.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The book was good until that final part.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 04-01-2015 at 03:10 PM. Reason: creator bashing removed
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

I mean the amazons are so savage and unlikeable. It seems to me its just to make Diana look better. Question why can't the amazons make their own weapons. I loved the amazons now I hate them. They were all of what Diana states for. This is why you have to question why does Diana get her morals.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Because the "heat" from his rage and fury wasn't great enough to do so at the time.

That's what I was thinking as well. The First Born's anger is probably burning twice as intensely now that he had a chance to claim Olympus and destroy the Earth but Diana thwarted him. Plus - Apollo nearly burned the FB to a crisp so perhaps that also amped up the amount of heat that the FB is currently generating.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

This was probably my favorite issue by the Finch team. I was so happy about every page I was reading until I got railroaded by that ending.
    I mean there's no redemption for something like that. Donna didn't just become a rival to Wonder Woman she became a straight up psycho villain

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I want the next issue to begin with Diana waking up in a hotel, and having these past few issues be a dream. A terrible, terrible dream.

I'm intensely dislike a lot of the things Azzarello did, but you can't really pin the blame on him for this one. He left things vague enough (oh so vague) that there was enough wiggle room to redeem the Amazons by revealing that not all of them killed the sailors, Hippolyta put a stop to the ones that did, not all the Amazons wanted to abandon their children, etc. But the Finches chose to go in this direction, and not only screwed up Donna's origin more than it already was, but turned her into a killer in the process.

No thank you.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I want the next issue to begin with Diana waking up in a hotel, and having these past few issues be a dream. A terrible, terrible dream.

I'm intensely dislike a lot of the things Azzarello did, but you can't really pin the blame on him for this one. He left things vague enough (oh so vague) that there was enough wiggle room to redeem the Amazons by revealing that not all of them killed the sailors, Hippolyta put a stop to the ones that did, not all the Amazons wanted to abandon their children, etc. But the Finches chose to go in this direction, and not only screwed up Donna's origin more than it already was, but turned her into a killer in the process.

No thank you.
    I don't see the character ever being interesting again, or the book worth reading again, until the last two runs are removed from continuity. Hopefully sooner rather than later. As far as I'm concerned they're two peas in a pod. They're different, true; this one at least is better paced, but they're both deliberate uglifications and darkenings.

It sucked when we were given this drivel in Odyssey.
    It sucked when we were given this drivel by Azzarello.
    It sucks that we're getting the same old drivel by the Finches.

Wonder Woman is broken unless she gets to represent an intact utopian civilization. How long is it going to take for somebody to wake up and realize that?
    Last edited by SteveGus; 04-01-2015 at 12:20 PM.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    I don't see the character ever being interesting again, or the book worth reading again, until the last two runs are removed from continuity. Hopefully sooner rather than later. As far as I'm concerned they're two peas in a pod. They're different, true; this one at least is better paced, but they're both deliberate uglifications and darkenings.

It sucked when we were given this drivel in Odyssey.
    It sucked when we were given this drivel by Azzarello.
    It sucks that we're getting the same old drivel by the Finches.

Wonder Woman is broken unless she gets to represent an intact utopian civilization. How long is it going to take for somebody to wake up and realize that?
    I wouldn't shed any tears about losing the Azz run, but I don't think Diana was broken as a character there. She still had agency, and offered a helping hand even to people who wronged her. While she seemed a little too close lipped about her feelings at times for my liking, at least she was halfway competent and wasn't whining like she is now.

I hate what he did with the Amazons, but making them a perfect utopia isn't the answer either. They can't be as long as they exclude someone for having a penis. Morrison is giving us intellectually and scientifically advanced Amazons who presumably don't go on murderous sex raids, but even then he's going to have Diana, Steve and possible Etta debate their ideals, and maybe persuade them to a different way of thinking. The more I learn of Earth One, the more I wish Morrison was in charge of the New 52 Wonder Woman as a companion piece to his Action Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wouldn't shed any tears about losing the Azz run, but I don't think Diana was broken as a character there. She still had agency, and offered a helping hand even to people who wronged her. While she seemed a little too close lipped about her feelings at times for my liking, at least she was halfway competent and wasn't whining like she is now.

I hate what he did with the Amazons, but making them a perfect utopia isn't the answer either. They can't be as long as they exclude someone for having a penis. Morrison is giving us intellectually and scientifically advanced Amazons who presumably don't go on murderous sex raids, but even then he's going to have Diana, Steve and possible Etta debate their ideals, and maybe persuade them to a different way of thinking. The more I learn of Earth One, the more I wish Morrison was in charge of the New 52 Wonder Woman as a companion piece to his Action Comics.
    This. Not everyone who hates the Azzarello's and Finch's depiction wants the Amazons to be flawless but there is a way to portray them as flawed without stripping them of redeeming qualities and using them as plot devices for conflict.

I actually quite liked this issue - the murder of the male 'Amazons' aside. I think M.Finch has got a much better handle on Diana's voice now, even if not necessarily everyone else's, and D.Finch's art (particularly of Diana) has improved immensely from the doe-eyed bambi in Issue 1

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    This was probably my favorite issue by the Finch team. I was so happy about every page I was reading until I got railroaded by that ending.
    I mean there's no redemption for something like that. Donna didn't just become a rival to Wonder Woman she became a straight up psycho villain
    Let's not deal with certainties while the arc is ongoing. She is under the sway of a - for all intents and purposes - powerful witch, and may have little choice in the matter.

I certainly understand that Donna is being used and has had no opportunity to form her own thoughts and opinions, but still the very idea of her having that kind of blood on her hands is disappointing at best.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El