Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

This was awful.

The Amazons are beyond redemption, and I'm actually now very thankful that Azzarello decided to make his own rather than use Phillipus, Io, Mala, etc. If the Amazons we knew and love were slaughtering the men like the ones in this issue, it would be that much harder to accept it. Introducing all the male Amazons just to kill them off a year or two later is also very disappointing. I guess we can still hope that Diana could make it there in time to save a few of the men, but I doubt it.

The insect creatures are still pretty dull, even if the idea of them awakening because of the First Born's demise is slightly fascinating. This story arc is just all over the place, and it's some of the worst WW I've read.

Its too bad we have to wait a couple months before we get to see WW's response. I wonder what she is going to do?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

well, do we know how many of the Female Amazons are actually behaving antagonistically towards the Male Amazons?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    well, do we know how many of the Female Amazons are actually behaving antagonistically towards the Male Amazons?
    seems like majority

That is how they got out of Amazons Attack, by saying only those 'savage Middle Eastern Amazons' are to blame for all the killing, when...it clearly wasn't. I imagine some did not take part however.

Oh my days. The writing is so clunky and direct.

The only one who will be hurt here today is you.
    That's one of the the lamest, cringe worthy comebacks I've heard.

BANNED

Well Strife is probably behind that too, she set them against each other in Azz's run after all, they literally slew each other
    Last edited by Archizoom; 04-01-2015 at 02:02 PM. Reason: grammar

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    That is how they got out of Amazons Attack, by saying only those 'savage Middle Eastern Amazons' are to blame for all the killing, when...it clearly wasn't. I imagine some did not take part however.

Well, Dessa wasn't in any of the scenes where the males were slaughtered so I think it's safe to say she wasn't involved and that Meredith is following Azz's lead to have Dessa try to change.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

My problem is that Azz has never giving reason to why the amazons need to trade the boys for weapons. WHy the amazons did to be sex pirates. Why the amazons can't have any tech. They are savages and will mostly stay that way. We aren't giving a reason why they hate men so why should we care for them. Most were unlikable so why should we care?

It doesn't make much sense for them to be talking about "True Amazon". They were children born from rape raids. We don't know any other origin for the Amazons than that. So this idea of a "True Amazon" makes them sound very misandrist and in the same lines of desiring a "Pure Race". Literally FemiNazis. lol

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Its too bad we have to wait a couple months before we get to see WW's response. I wonder what she is going to do?
    Yell at Barry Allen, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Love View Post
    It doesn't make much sense for them to be talking about "True Amazon". They were children born from rape raids. We don't know any other origin for the Amazons than that. So this idea of a "True Amazon" makes them sound very misandrist and in the same lines of desiring a "Pure Race". Literally FemiNazis. lol
    Traditionally Amazons have been more of a cultural category than a racial one.

I enjoyed the art and way Diana acted in this issue.
    I think the last few pages are just a reminder of what comics have become (and not just with Wonder Woman and certainly not just D C Comics).

look forward to the Annual and from that Wonder Woman #41.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    My problem is that Azz has never giving reason to why the amazons need to trade the boys for weapons. WHy the amazons did to be sex pirates. Why the amazons can't have any tech. They are savages and will mostly stay that way. We aren't giving a reason why they hate men so why should we care for them. Most were unlikable so why should we care?
    Because they're women and thus deserve a second chance, and a third, and a fourth, and a fifth, etc.
    Last edited by Lax; 04-01-2015 at 03:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    My problem is that Azz has never giving reason to why the amazons need to trade the boys for weapons.
    WHy the amazons did to be sex pirates.
    Why the amazons can't have any tech.
    They are savages and will mostly stay that way.
    We aren't giving a reason why they hate men so why should we care for them.
    -Because they could get them from Hepaestus
    -Because they'd die out otherwise
    -Because you dont invent stuff just because you have the time
    -Azzarello never really painted them as such, it's subsequent writers thats wandered down that path
    -Ask people like Tomasi and Finch