Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    Nothing feels like it flows, it feels jarring and worst of all, horribly written and drawn.
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

BANNED

Honestly I'm happy with the paths taken to a extent the amazons where already irredemeable to me after the raids. So im glad they have made it clear they will not be atempting to make them become good people when they definitively are not.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The art from someone who is capable of so much better has just gotten ridiculous.
    OK explain this cus honestly this issues had his best art of the characters themselves in the finch run so far. Last issue was the choppy transition from cute to womanly, and now this one I think he has found a solid place, making Diana look like a woman and not a child. The shot of her walking with the black skinned chick side by side shows how much he has improved from the tiny Diana on the old justice League cover he did.
    She is not too skinny she has Powerful arms. The scenes with the justice League, the art was lesser but the massacre scene was fantastically drawn in my opinion.

Easy. Donna's face/final page.

That should not have made it off the drawing board.

Astonishing Member

Well I gave it an arc to get better but nah, I'm out. I'm really not sure what any subsequent writer is going to be able to do with Diana's world right now, it's a friggin mess right now the Amazon's especially.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Easy. Donna's face/final page.

That should not have made it off the drawing board.
    Are you saying the scene should never had made it off the drawing board or are you saying this as the pages are failing in a illustration level?
    The right eye is a little too inward towards the noes but other wise I think this a well drawn page.

For starters. That face is not up to snuff.

The "We will cleanse this island once and for all" panel was also rough.

Can someone explain to me what exactly is bad about the Amazon's attacking in the end? You see other than this arc, I've never read anything Wonder Woman so the bar is set quite low for me as far as what I should expect to read from a WW series, and I don't have any intentions of reading some of her older stuff either. So far this run in general is okay to me. Not bad or good, but I definitely like it more than Kreisberg's N52 GA run.

Loved this issue. Even though the First Born brought back 3 years' worth of horrendously awful Azzarello/Chiang memories, I'm happily surprised the character was used to advance one of Wonder Woman's stories. Turnabout is fair play indeed: Diana propped the First Born and the Olympians under the prior boring "creative" regime. Now it's the First Born's turn to be a mere plot device in service of Diana, which is just how it should have always been in WONDER WOMAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    Can someone explain to me what exactly is bad about the Amazon's attacking in the end? You see other than this arc, I've never read anything Wonder Woman so the bar is set quite low for me as far as what I should expect to read from a WW series, and I don't have any intentions of reading some of her older stuff either. So far this run in general is okay to me. Not bad or good, but I definitely like it more than Kreisberg's N52 GA run.
    As others have said, there is simply nothing redeemable or sympathetic about these Amazons. They aren't just flawed, they're monstrous. And we still have yet to find out what set them on this path. The previous continuity made it clear that the Amazons' hostility towards men was due to abuse by men. Of course, you'd have to read those stories to compare. Just curious, why are you not interested in her old continuity?

U guys forget something more other runs clearly show the amazons were capable of learning to make magical weapons. Also that the amazons could have easily sent some of their women to train with Blacksmith. So that's not a defend. The amazons have been shown to make magically weapons. The amazons had learned from the best . Look at Io. So the magically part of the weapons is dumb. It's been shown that can make it and that they have trained . So it's easily a weak statement of they are trading their boys for magically weapons. They are morally bad people selling children no matter the reason. The amazons are gone and are no longer someone you should look up to. For one hasn't anyone notice the large majority of the character who are bad were female. Yes there are male baddies but the simple fact the amapzms are killing the men and don't care is showing how far Wonder Woman has gotten to who and what made her special. All of her powers are from a male and the women are bad or useless like Cassandra shouldn't have been in at all but dropped she severed no use but padding. Diana and the amazons are now just madness. Donna is a monster the amazons are monsters. Wonder Woman can't be saved now that you made the madd characters that were so important unlikable

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    Are you saying you are not up to speed on strictly "New52" Wonder Woman continuity?

This was a very intense issue and one that kind of took me by surprise at the end. A friend of mine had been debating about the retcons done to the Amazons in the New 52. I was willing to defend the Amazons to a degree for what they did to men when trying to repopulate. Killing the fathers of their children is pretty egregious, but warrior cultures of the ancient world did do some pretty brutal things. So I was willing to overlook that. Plus, they didn't throw their male babies off cliffs like the Spartans did. They let them live. I think that helped.

Well after this issue, I can't defend them anymore. These Amazon men fought alongside the Amazons during their battle against the First Born. They committed no crimes against the Amazons. They didn't even ask them to apologize for abandoning them. Then they just come out and slaughter them? That cannot be justified. Not only did they kill these innocent men, but they defied Wonder Woman's orders. They said they would give her two days to prepare. Well they essentially broke their word. The Amazons are supposed to be big on honor. There's no honor in what they just did. I don't know how any of them are going to make up for this. I don't see how Wonder Woman can be queen of these women for doing something like this. It's a big turning point. I'm not sure where it will lead, but I don't see how Wonder Woman can have pride in her amazon heritage anymore.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I still think we don't have all the full details of this attack - numbers involved? Influence of that witch-hag on Donna (be it magic or simply exploitation/brain-washing, given Donna is a clean slate so-to-speak)? Which God actually brought Donna to life? Strife's involvement (she did get a mention from WW herself after all in this issue, and it's certainly right up her alley)? etc. etc. Let's not jump to conclusions until the arc is over I say. No point in getting worked up over speculation

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    I still think we don't have all the full details of this attack - numbers involved? Influence of that witch-hag on Donna (be it magic or simply exploitation/brain-washing, given Donna is a clean slate so-to-speak)? Which God actually brought Donna to life? Strife's involvement (she did get a mention from WW herself after all in this issue, and it's certainly right up her alley)? etc. etc. Let's not jump to conclusions until the arc is over I say. No point in getting worked up over speculation

I agree that it's a little too soon to slam the hammer down about Donna. She's obviously a pawn of Hecate and the old crone. I hope by the end of the Finchs' run, Diana is able to help redeem Donna. As for the rest of the Amazons that participated in this issue's attack, I hope Diana throws them into the pit with the First Born.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Archizoom View Post
    Bleeding cool claims Mark Millar ghost-wrote this one
    That was an April Fool, simply born out of reading Wonder Woman saying "what are you talking about?", a Millar trope...