View Poll Results: What female (or male) character would you like to see Kaine date/marry/be in love next?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Annabelle Adams (the old flame he left at Houston)

14 25.00%
  • Faira Sar Namora of Atlantis (the newm blue-skinned girl at Kaine's life)

6 10.71%
  • Rachel Grey

1 1.79%
  • Kate Bishop

0 0%
  • Ben Reilly (in drag)

1 1.79%
  • Silk (Cindy Moon)

4 7.14%
  • Spider-Gwen

5 8.93%
  • Namor & Gambit (together)

3 5.36%
  • Lizz Allan (gobling-obssesed evil CEO)

3 5.36%
  • Zoe (the crazy ex... who shoots missiles inside buildings)

1 1.79%
  • Patsy Walker - Hellcat

1 1.79%
  • Shathra (stalking one night stand/Spider-Wasp Astral entity that tried to eat him)

0 0%
  • Emma Frost

4 7.14%
  • A new Aztec goddess (NO ARACELY).

1 1.79%
  • Other. Please leave a comment with your suggestion.

12 21.43%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What female (or male) character would you like to see Kaine date/marry/be in love next?

So my question is who do you personally want to see ol' Kaine (the Scarlet Spider and Spider-man's brother) date next? I know it's an odd choice but I'd like to see Annabelle Adams come back and be a love interest. That or Shathra (yeah, I know). And then after that Faira Sar Namora of Atlantis (a much more awesome option, IMO).

EDIT: The question is about who you personally want to see Kaine date or be with next. So setting aside whatever Marvel has planned for Kaine's love life (or life, in general), let's stick to the question.

As the title suggests, you don't have to limit yourself to female characters. But bear in mind that any character entering a relation with our favorite Houstonian superhero will probably have to agree to at times be responsible for an apocalyptic Aztec teenage demigoddess that happens to be Kaine's (not legal at all) ward. More so if they get to an altar*.

*The legality and moral and ethical implications of marrying (or dating) an illegally-made clone are pending resolution. The former won't probably be resolved until Congress defines its stance on marriages with persons of the same sex. And aliens. And robots (or synthezoids like Vision). Or alien robots.

-----

Your comments and suggestions can be in jest or serious.

At the end, it doesn't matter: everything to do with Kaine's love life is probably bound to be ludicrous anyway.
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 11-23-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

I could see him with Silk, actually. Her stuck-in-the-past goofiness would make her a great foil to his taciturn curmudgeonliness. Pete needs MJ back. Cindy needs (a) Spider-Man. It all works out.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

I am going to make the case for Faira. Not only she and Kaine were getting closer and got to respect one another during New Warriors, but a relationship between the two opens up interesting scenarios.

Imagine this:

a) a normal person, who likes to protect his loved ones and take them as far as possible from any danger.

b) a person born and raised in a military society that wants his loved ones to be fearless warriors and to face with honor and steel any and all danger.

Going by the impression Yost's work left on me and the fact she is an Atlantean soldier, I think Faira is closer to b.

So instead of encouraging Kaine to settle down, get a real job and downplay superheroics out of "responsability to his family", she will probably feel that the responsibility of his spouse is to bring back the severed heads of their enemies to their home. If she doesn't do it herself first.

In that note, that instead of trying to get their possible children out of harms way, worrying constantly about their future and trying so they get a chance at a normal modern surface-dweller life (kindergarten, daycare, school, normal careers), I feel Faira is more likely to consider training them as warriors, give them a sword and tell them to "go kill a thing" as soon they can carry one. The only downside is that she would probably raise them to be fanatically loyal to Atlantis and its monarchs. And all the mortality such a life entails too.

http://marioherald.tumblr.com/post/1...us-to-new-york
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 11-23-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Moondragon as she is one of the few people who can help Kaine confront his demons head on. And she could also help to mentally train him for any conflict that comes his way. Here is a link to her history:
    http://shehulk.sliverofice.com/queer...agon-oct-13th/

Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-01-2015 at 09:12 AM.

iMan 42s

I feel like Ben Reilly in drag would make for a hilarious nightmare sequence.

Though I can easily see him returning to Houston and finding Anabelle. Kaine had a life in Houston and it was taken from him because of his own past and Peter's villains. I could definitely see him returning to Houston to try and patch things up and try to live a normal life, and considering what happened last time he was there I can imagine him wanting to keep relatively quiet and gradually return to the city. He seemed like he truly cared for Annabelle and that if he would return he could open up a bit more and come to terms with who he is around friends and loved ones organically.

It would definitely be an issue for Annabelle because of her reaction to Kaine unleashing the Other, but that would make for great drama as Kaine tries to overcome his more bestial impulses. If a new series is launched and at this point I would say likely sooner or later Kaine could be tying up loose threads and I would say that would be a great way to do it and allow Kaine to get out some development.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I have a hard time deciding but I would love to see Kaine return to Houston and at least try to patch thing sup with Anna (with Aracely cheering in the background).

That said the above post of Faira does inspire another and even just as great drama and development for Kaine.

But it has to be written by Yost.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I feel like Ben Reilly in drag would make for a hilarious nightmare sequence.
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    I could see him with Silk, actually. Her stuck-in-the-past goofiness would make her a great foil to his taciturn curmudgeonliness.
    There is a great point there regarding their personalities. That can add a lot of flavor and produce interesting scenarios for many authors to tackle. And there is also the fact that Silk pheromones make her attracted to Kaine too already (although we don't know if the reverse is true).

Plus I could see Silk befriending Hummingbird rather easily. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Pete needs MJ back. Cindy needs (a) Spider-Man. It all works out.
    So... what if at the end of Renew Your Vows we get a double wedding? :-6

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Moondragon as she is one of the few people who can help Kaine confront his demons head on. And she could also help to mentally train him for any conflict that comes his way. Here is a link to her history:
    http://shehulk.sliverofice.com/queer...agon-oct-13th/

Well, they could definitely bond out of being hosts to evil cosmic creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Nor do I ever want to see a Spider-Man that macks it up with as many "hot babes" as possible for the sake of seeing as many "hot babes" in one, four-colored strip, and nor do I ever believe in Mystique and Lady Deathstrike ever have or ever will belong as his enemies / "with benefits".
    This post by ngroove has inspired me: what if Kaine were to fall in love with one of his enemies and have this kind of relationship. I remember him commenting "Belladonna Boudreaux, leader of the Assassins Guild. Beautiful, smart, lethal... if she weren't screwing with my life so badly, I think I might fall for her", so why not go Batman/Catwoman or Spider-man/Blackcat with her? I mean, Gambit seems kind of attached to trying relationships with artificial lifeforms for the moment and I am not aware of any recent liaison between the two.

Alternatively, Belladona could ally with Blackcat so the two can have their revenge on the Parker brothers. :P

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I have a hard time deciding but I would love to see Kaine return to Houston and at least try to patch thing sup with Anna (with Aracely cheering in the background).

That said the above post of Faira does inspire another and even just as great drama and development for Kaine.
    Believe when I say I'm in your same position. On one hand I want SuperiorIronman mentions: Kaine going back to Houston and reconciling with Annabelle. On the other, I look what Yost started to construct between Faira and Kaine and find it endearing, full of possibility.

I'm torn.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    But it has to be written by Yost.
    Oh, definitely!
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 04-01-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Faira and Kaine was kinda fun under Yost's pen, but I not only wouldn't mind seeing some other relationship develop, but I'd like to see Kaine written by someone else. No offense to Yost - his stuff has been okay - but I just am not wild about his take on Kaine.

I'd love to see Si Spurrier writing about Kaine.

And as far as romance goes, we need the return of Muse. She's been watching Baby May for Kaine, after all.

-Pav, who wonders what she'd think of his new look...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Gamora. She's the deadliest woman in the universe. It's like being the Heavy Weight Champion in their prime. Kaine would be The Boyfriend. A change of pace for the guy who'd usually be the Alpha in a relationship.

It'd be a long-distance relationship, sure, and some of Gamora's friends may ask her why she's slumming it with an Earth vigilante, but I think the sheer brutality they'd orchestrate in a fight, any fight, would outweigh the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Gamora. She's the deadliest woman in the universe. It's like being the Heavy Weight Champion in their prime. Kaine would be The Boyfriend. A change of pace for the guy who'd usually be the Alpha in a relationship.

It'd be a long-distance relationship, sure, and some of Gamora's friends may ask her why she's slumming it with an Earth vigilante, but I think the sheer brutality they'd orchestrate in a fight, any fight, would outweigh the negatives.

i was just about to post a very similar thing- i didn’t have any suggestion as to who, but i reckon whoever she is- she needs to be able to beat him down. not just physically, she needs the kind of personality that can dominate him too. i’d prefer someone more down to earth than gamora, but wouldn’t complain if that happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i was just about to post a very similar thing- i didn’t have any suggestion as to who, but i reckon whoever she is- she needs to be able to beat him down. not just physically, she needs the kind of personality that can dominate him too. i’d prefer someone more down to earth than gamora, but wouldn’t complain if that happened.
    I suppose it'd also insert an interesting twist by having their friends have to make nice with each side, for the couple's sake, at least publically, but all wondering and even hoping that their relationship implodes. One or two are actually rooting for them, like good friends, and that's why they die first.
    Last edited by cyberhubbs; 04-01-2015 at 08:40 PM.

BANNED

Then, when she's been off-planet so long that the fact that they were still dating is forgotten by the third writer down the line who has Kaine meet someone else, and then some quirky creator remembers that bit of continuity and pitches a crossover that revolves around Gamora walking in on Kaine and the new love interest.

Then, when she's been off-planet so long that the fact that they were still dating is forgotten by the third writer down the line who has Kaine meet someone else, and then some quirky creator remembers that bit of continuity and pitches a crossover that revolves around Gamora walking in on Kaine and the new love interest.

i like how the medium’s “faults” are actually played as a strength here. i never really saw it that way before.

and i agree, i think that any relationship kaine has, needs the odds hideously stacked against. the idea that his friends aren’t all supportive really shows how his world is the inverted version of peter’s.

even though kaine has (apparently) been working to better himself, i think the damaged relationships dematteis built for him (his girlfriend in “the lost years” and the jackal) need to come into play. kaine is a child in a lot of ways (he’s what? 5 years old?) and he’s got some serious needs, even if he doesn’t admit to them. we don’t always look in the best places to have those needs met. even if gamora “damage” is just that she’s unavailable because of her cosmic status- that works.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i like how the medium’s “faults” are actually played as a strength here. i never really saw it that way before.

and i agree, i think that any relationship kaine has, needs the odds hideously stacked against. the idea that his friends aren’t all supportive really shows how his world is the inverted version of peter’s.

even though kaine has (apparently) been working to better himself, i think the damaged relationships dematteis built for him (his girlfriend in “the lost years” and the jackal) need to come into play. kaine is a child in a lot of ways (he’s what? 5 years old?) and he’s got some serious needs, even if he doesn’t admit to them. we don’t always look in the best places to have those needs met. even if gamora “damage” is just that she’s unavailable because of her cosmic status- that works.
    It is interesting to me that he is the one with needs. Gamora is good for his ego, helps him feel important beneath his grizzled exterior, and that can be like a drug. Could be entertaining to watch him try to deal with the fact that he needs her more than she needs him. And the opposite as well, he grounds her, Gamora appreciates the more street-level adventures they have together and that he even went after her, not intimidated by her fame. It's hard to get a date when most folks are running fo their lives from you.

That's actually a good ship.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets