View Poll Results: What female (or male) character would you like to see Kaine date/marry/be in love next?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Annabelle Adams (the old flame he left at Houston)

14 25.00%
  • Faira Sar Namora of Atlantis (the newm blue-skinned girl at Kaine's life)

6 10.71%
  • Rachel Grey

1 1.79%
  • Kate Bishop

0 0%
  • Ben Reilly (in drag)

1 1.79%
  • Silk (Cindy Moon)

4 7.14%
  • Spider-Gwen

5 8.93%
  • Namor & Gambit (together)

3 5.36%
  • Lizz Allan (gobling-obssesed evil CEO)

3 5.36%
  • Zoe (the crazy ex... who shoots missiles inside buildings)

1 1.79%
  • Patsy Walker - Hellcat

1 1.79%
  • Shathra (stalking one night stand/Spider-Wasp Astral entity that tried to eat him)

0 0%
  • Emma Frost

4 7.14%
  • A new Aztec goddess (NO ARACELY).

1 1.79%
  • Other. Please leave a comment with your suggestion.

12 21.43%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    That's actually a good ship.
    I'm totally enamored with the bloody-knuckled Gamora on the GotG Team-Up cover.

BANNED

wow. hmmm tough list. i like to see him with carol danvers, she hulk, photon, tigra, and possibly the gwen clone if it's a good idea. maybe he'll sleep with namora. but i think Kaine might not do well on date but would at least try to be a good boyfriend. it'd be bad if he left any of them pregnant while he plans to move to somewhere in california, japan or probably outerspace where he might sleep with gamora there.

i think he might have a fling with elektra.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    possibly the gwen clone

I'd support both of these. Seeing Kaine freak out about the Gwen clone during the Sibling Rivalry crossover with Superior Spider-Man Team-Up was excellent. One of my favorite things Yost did was show Kaine's compassion for both Gwen and a clone.

-Pav, who was less enthusiastic about the Kaine + Wolverine stuff...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    wow. hmmm tough list. i like to see him with carol danvers, she hulk, photon, tigra, and possibly the gwen clone if it's a good idea. maybe he'll sleep with namora. but i think Kaine might not do well on date but would at least try to be a good boyfriend. it'd be bad if he left any of them pregnant while he plans to move to somewhere in california, japan or probably outerspace where he might sleep with gamora there.

I do not think that Kaine would be interested in any of them and vice versa.

Why is Rachel and Emma Frost an option? Have they met some time or another or are they similar to Kaine?

Extraordinary Member

Annabelle. Keep her up.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Why is Rachel and Emma Frost an option? Have they met some time or another or are they similar to Kaine?
    For the same reason that Kate Bishop, Ben Reilly and Namor are an option: hilarity.

That said, Rachel Grey has met Kaine when he and Hummingbird entered the X-school (Jean Grey School) to kill Wolverine. Hummingbird did a number in her brain with her mysterious Aztec psychic/mental-magic powers. Whole thing was weeeeeeeiiiiiiiiirrrrd.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Gamora. She's the deadliest woman in the universe. It's like being the Heavy Weight Champion in their prime. Kaine would be The Boyfriend. A change of pace for the guy who'd usually be the Alpha in a relationship.

It'd be a long-distance relationship, sure, and some of Gamora's friends may ask her why she's slumming it with an Earth vigilante, but I think the sheer brutality they'd orchestrate in a fight, any fight, would outweigh the negatives.
    I hadn't considered Gamora. Then again, I haven't read any comic with her; I only know her from the Guardians movie.

Nevertheless, the scenarios that you and boots are talking about are intriguing, to say the least. A relationship were his "Alpha-ness", as has been put, is challenged or Kaine gets to long for his partner could be great to see.
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 04-02-2015 at 03:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarioHerald View Post
    I didn't read New Warriors -- where I'm assuming this panel originated -- so I can't say I know a lot about how they were around each other all the time, but I do feel comfortable saying that's a pretty damn cute moment between two warriors. Definitely a show of respect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarioHerald View Post
    For the same reason that Kate Bishop, Ben Reilly and Namor are an option: hilarity.

That said, Rachel Grey has met Kaine when he and Hummingbird entered the X-school (Jean Grey School) to kill Wolverine. Hummingbird did a number in her brain with her mysterious Aztec psychic/mental-magic powers. Whole thing was weeeeeeeiiiiiiiiirrrrd.

EDIT:

I hadn't considered Gamora. Then again, I haven't read any comic with her; I only know her from the Guardians movie.

Nevertheless, the scenarios that you and boots are talking about are intriguing, to say the least. A relationship were his "Alpha-ness", as has been put, is challenged or Kaine gets to long for his partner could be great to see.
    I don't think I could make a fan-site dedicated to Gamora off the top of my head, but I've read one or two comics with her.

I think they'd mainly work because they're both Doers. They probably have similar work ethics. If either one of them is coming after you, they're most likely gonna get you. And with Kaine, you got this guy who spent a good chunk of his current existence dying from a degenerative clone disease thing. Then one day he gets better. He's like a darker, grittier version of Rob Lowe's Chris Traeger on Parks and Rec. He rebuilt himself, and that can be a very endearing quality to someone who's at the top of their game. They probably would go to the gym together and talk about scars over protein shakes.

Gamora, I imagine, gets challenged a lot. If you have the title of the deadliest woman in the universe, there's probably someone working their butt off to take it from you. You don't just gotta kill a target, you gotta hold onto the belt from someone who may be younger and faster and hungrier. She may not even have time to date, to be honest. Buuut everyone tries to find time to break the monotony of a murderous existence.

Marry? Is he a hero? Heroes don't get married it weakens them.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

I think Kaine and Namora is a good power couple. They could get married and have a Aqua-Spider baby

I'm still looking forward to that scene that Yost never wrote wherein Kaine attempts to explain to Annabelle how he knocked up that crazy Roxxan Rocket Chick...with Triplets.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Spider View Post
    I'm still looking forward to that scene that Yost never wrote wherein Kaine attempts to explain to Annabelle how he knocked up that crazy Roxxan Rocket Chick...with Triplets.
    Whubba wha?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Faira and Kaine was kinda fun under Yost's pen, but I not only wouldn't mind seeing some other relationship develop, but I'd like to see Kaine written by someone else. No offense to Yost - his stuff has been okay - but I just am not wild about his take on Kaine.

I'd love to see Si Spurrier writing about Kaine.

And as far as romance goes, we need the return of Muse. She's been watching Baby May for Kaine, after all.

-Pav, who wonders what she'd think of his new look...
    Thanks for reminding me of Muse. Yeah, it was a real missed opportunity in the Scarlet Spider and New Warriors series written by Chris Yost that the fallout from events like The Great Game in Kaine's past didn't get picked up on to further complicate his attempts at being a hero. Also, if we're going to go in that direction, I was thinking it'd be interesting if Kaine decided that the best way to make things up to Ben would be to protect everyone Ben knew and cared about, so he could be looking up Janine Godbe/Elizabeth Tyne in prison, if we assume she didn't get paroled because the father she killed was an abusive molester and rapist and nobody would really hold it against her for killing him, or Shirley Washington and her son Devon from the Daily Grind, to watch out for their safety and wellbeing. And going back to The Great Game, real missed opportunity that Joystick never showed up to see if the new Scarlet Spider was as much of a thrill as the one she first met.

Gamora. She's the deadliest woman in the universe. It's like being the Heavy Weight Champion in their prime. Kaine would be The Boyfriend. A change of pace for the guy who'd usually be the Alpha in a relationship.

It'd be a long-distance relationship, sure, and some of Gamora's friends may ask her why she's slumming it with an Earth vigilante, but I think the sheer brutality they'd orchestrate in a fight, any fight, would outweigh the negatives.
    Better not be Star-Lord. Him shacking up with Kitty Pryde leaves him no room to be commenting on Gamora's taste in men.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of Muse. Yeah, it was a real missed opportunity in the Scarlet Spider and New Warriors series written by Chris Yost that the fallout from events like The Great Game in Kaine's past didn't get picked up on to further complicate his attempts at being a hero.
    I kind of agree with Scarlet Spider, but New Warriors was kind of already overloaded with plot lines it couldn't develop properly. Perhaps in Scarlet Spider vol. 3/Scarlet Spider & Hummingbird Vol. 1?

Also, if we're going to go in that direction, I was thinking it'd be interesting if Kaine decided that the best way to make things up to Ben would be to protect everyone Ben knew and cared about, so he could be looking up Janine Godbe/Elizabeth Tyne in prison, if we assume she didn't get paroled because the father she killed was an abusive molester and rapist and nobody would really hold it against her for killing him, or Shirley Washington and her son Devon from the Daily Grind, to watch out for their safety and wellbeing. And going back to The Great Game, real missed opportunity that Joystick never showed up to see if the new Scarlet Spider was as much of a thrill as the one she first met.
    Those are all great ideas. And possible love interests too?

That said, if Ben Reilly does come back, I really would like to see him with Janine.

Better not be Star-Lord. Him shacking up with Kitty Pryde leaves him no room to be commenting on Gamora's taste in men.
    Why didn't I thought of her when I started this poll? After all, she dates Peters and and Kaine sort of is one.

Also, one person that I just remembered: Ultimate Bombshell's mom. Just imagine him as Lana's stepfather; the two cursing like sailors to no end.

EDIT:
    I didn't read New Warriors -- where I'm assuming this panel originated -- so I can't say I know a lot about how they were around each other all the time, but I do feel comfortable saying that's a pretty damn cute moment between two warriors. Definitely a show of respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    I think Kaine and Namora is a good power couple. They could get married and have a Aqua-Spider baby
    Definitely agreed to these. The panel is indeed from the later half of New Warriors (thanks TUMBLR!).

spoilers:
    Neither Kaine or Faira were too touchy or feely in the comic nor actually outright stated any feelings or romantic inclinations towards each other (unlike Hummingbird to Speedball, and Selah and Haechi). But this and the manner they refereed to one another and some other stuff (sharing his name - a sign of trust, the end of issue #5, etc...) do point to a least to some sort of mutual respect and possible camaraderie or even friendship.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Spider View Post
    Kaine. Triplets. With Zoe. Oh, boy!
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 04-06-2015 at 03:03 PM.