Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Aunt May "I'm about to give up on ever seeing him married before I die."
    Selfish OMD Peter didn't let that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'm digging what Slott's doing with Felicia. Using another female villain without a close connection to Spidey just wouldn't have worked. The Black Cat's been in a rut for decades. This turn towards outright villainy is the most interesting thing anyone's done with Felicia in ages, maybe ever. Finally, she isn't just Peter's sometime lover (a romantic relationship that was never going to go anywhere) but an actual danger with the potential to become one of the A-players in Spidey's rogues gallery.
    Given how ineptly she's been portrayed, I can't see Felicia becoming a credible threat to anyone. If I were one of her minions, I'd be worried she was delibirately trying to sabotage her own operations as part of a gambit to bring down the underworld.

Its maybe weird, but the fact that Black Cat still wears her cat costume while trying to do all of this is sort of annoying. A woman dressed in a skimpy cat outfit screams about everything but "mob boss" to me. If she is going to go all kingpin, she should get herself a white double-breasted suit jacket, slacks and a pink ascot. Maybe a cane that shoots sparkles. Heh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Probably. But this isn't working either.
    According to some. Others like it. At this point, I'd say if the Felicia storyline isn't working for you, just stop reading.

Mighty Member

Will Spider Man be able to save Sajani?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    At this point, I'd say if the Felicia storyline isn't working for you, just stop reading.
    Why? The book's not called "Black Cat."

Evil Black Cat suuuuuuucks. Please, please at least finish this plotline so I don't have to read about it anymore.
    There. Now that that's out of the way, I liked that this issue was down-to-earth but not silly. I'm hating Sajani's guts though, to be honest. If the Ghost finishes the job I won't have any sympathy for her given her unscrupulous behavior.

Mighty Member

Do you think Parker Industries will survive or is it dead?

Spectacular Member

Smells dead. It's a good idea but lets be honest... All heroes are stuck at a weird point in their lives when the writers and fans first encountered them. In Peter's case its 'barely holding it together financially guy who has to do bad jobs for a living and (please god no) lives with his aunt'. He'll probably lose the company and be... blacklisted or something which prevents him from being the head of any new startup (despite the fact that his reputation should now be enormous in the science community.... like..... millions of dollars huge)

Mighty Member

Seems too predictable. Slott may surprise us.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Evil Black Cat suuuuuuucks. Please, please at least finish this plotline so I don't have to read about it anymore.
    There. Now that that's out of the way, I liked that this issue was down-to-earth but not silly. I'm hating Sajani's guts though, to be honest. If the Ghost finishes the job I won't have any sympathy for her given her unscrupulous behavior.
    If Sajani survives, then will Peter fire her assuming Parker Industries makes it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    If Sajani survives, then will Peter fire her assuming Parker Industries makes it?
    I think that Liz Allan will buy Parker industries and make Peter as one of her employees.

iMan 42s

I could've done without Black Cat.
    It definitely feels like Big Time again but as soon as it cuts to Felicia the book gets a bit weaker. Granted Peter shouldn't be freaking out as much over the spider sense too much and he has already faced Morlun before so he is handling it like he probably should so coming out of spiderverse this book does just fine. It definitely gets the ball going again but getting bogged down by Cat I kept thinking "Why should I care?". It is good for fans of Felicia but it just feels like it doesn't belong to me. The Cat segments should be somewhere else, where? I don't know but they don't belong here if she has no bearing on the plot.

I'm not seeing why Alchemax is involved here when it should be with Black Cat. She should be going after Peter and considering Ghost happened to be at Black Cat's night club she should have hired him to take on Parker Industries because that is where spider-man is getting the tech. She could find out Peter is "giving" the tech to spider-man and decides to shut down Parker Industries with Ghost to screw Spidey out of his things. It would make sense narratively speaking considering Peter would be in the middle of losing everything he has and Cat would be re gaining all of her possessions. Alchemax seems like it is only here to get Ghost in on the plot when it could have been condensed and really up Felicia as a villain. As of right now I just don't care for her.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

Or peter could beat the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    You know, he's starting to come off like a chump. (At least he made some kind of comment to himself about needing to keep an eye on Liz at the end of Superior, but starting to come off like a chump, yeah.)
    Yeah I don't know what Slott is thinking when he writes Peter nowadays. Like he's a lot more dumber cause of the brain swapping.